• 締切済み

pass upの意味

The responsibility for management is passed up the chain of command. ここでいうpass upはどのように訳出すれば自然でしょうか。ご享受ください。

• 英語
  • 回答数3
  • ありがとう数1

みんなの回答

noname#202629
noname#202629
回答No.3

The responsibility for management is passed up the chain of command. pass upは他動詞扱いの句動詞として’〔機会{きかい}・取引{とりひき}などを〕逃す、逸する’と言う意味があるために、この動詞の受動態とすれば The responsibility for management is passed up by the chain of command. = The chain of command passes up the responsiblity of management. のようにならないといけない。 ならばbe passed として状態を表す形容詞として捉えるべきと思う。「 http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/passed?r=66 1. having completed the act of passing. ”通過する行為の完了”と言う様な意味として使われている。 upは添付辞書前置詞の一番REPOSITION: 1.From a lower to or toward a higher point on: up the hill. The responsibility is passed from a lower to a higher poin on the system. 責任はシステムの下から上に通過していく。 ならば The responsibility of management is passed from a lower to a higher poin on the the chain of command. 経営責任は命令系統の下から上に通過していくことである。 = 経営責任とは下から上に風通しを良くすることである。

回答No.2

pass up A とか,pass A up の受身なら A is pass up (by ~) となるはず, up の後に the chain of command が残っているということは 能動態の段階で pass A up the chain of command となっていた。 普通に能動態に戻すと, They pass the responsibility of management up the chain of command. 人々は経営責任(管理責任)を命令系統(指揮系統)の上へ上へと回す。 受身は 「経営責任は指揮系統の上へ上へと回される」 命令が社長から部長,課長,主任,平社員と下へと回って行くように, 何かあった時の責任は逆に上へ上へと回っていき,一番上のものが責任を取らないといけない ということを言っているのでしょうか。

• Oubli
  • ベストアンサー率31% (744/2384)
回答No.1

これはup the chain of commandが副詞句でしょ。「指揮系統の上に向かって」 passの意味がいまいち解りませんが、たとえば「経営責任は指揮系統の上へと引き継がれる」でしょうか。

関連するQ&A

• 「起こる、生じる」という意味の pass

pass には「起こる、生じる」という意味もありますけど、例えば次の文章 A look of fear passed over her face.(恐怖の表情が彼女の顔に表れた) といった場合、単純に恐怖の表情が現れたという事だけを言ってるのですか?それとも、pass には「通過する」という意味があるから、一旦恐怖の表情が現れたが、後にまた元の表情に戻ったという所まで意味が含まれているのですか?

• この意味がわかりません。

THIS IS THE CHANGE IN THE PRICE OF THE METAL FROM THE PREVIOUS CLOSE,WHICH IS NOT NECESSARILY THE PREVIOUS DAY.HERE'S WHY:THE TIME THE GOLD MARKET STOPS TRADING WORLDWIDE ON WEEKDAYS IS FOR A 30 MIN PERIOD,FROM 1:30 PM FOR THE CLOSE OF THAT GIVEN DAY.CHANGE IS ALWAYS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE CURRENT PRICE AND THE PRICE AT 1:30 PM.FOR EXAMPLE GOLD LAST TRADED AT $400 AT 1:30 PM ON JANUARY 17.IF IT IS JANUARY 17 AT 3:30 PM AND THE PRICE IS $402,WE WILL SHOW A CHANGE OF +2.00.IF IT IS JANUARY 18 AT 1:28 PM AND GOLD IS QUOTED AT $425 THEN WE WOULD SHOW A CHANGE OF +25.00 AT THAT TIME. この文章を翻訳したいのですが うまく日本語に翻訳できません。 日本語にはどう訳したらいいでしょうか?

• 英文を訳してください。

The State of Hawaii is made up of hundreds of islands in a chain, or line, that is over 2,400 kilometers long. 以上ですが、特にin a chain, or lineの部分ですね。

• so that の意味

Birth Control It’s no accident that abortion and contraception are often mentioned in the same context; and the providers of contraception are also the providers of abortion. Abortion is the fruit of contraception. Once a society accepts contraception, it has basically said that sex is for recreation and one need not take responsibility for one’s actions in this area. Once that is an accepted mindset, the floodgates are open to a number of aberrations like abortion because it is simply a continuation of the "no responsibility" mindset. If I get a girl pregnant, I can just "get rid of" my responsibility by abortion. When condoms are passed out in high schools, the message being spoken is "Here kids, go mess yourselves up emotionally and catch an incurable disease while you’re at it." When married couples contracept, the language being spoken is, "I love you and give myself entirely to you and accept you completely in everything that you are – almost; I don’t want your fertility." Bishop Fulton Sheen said, "The love between spouses is so real and so tangible that in nine months, you might have to give it a name." Spouses should realize that marital love is a participation in God’s creative act and that babies are good, not burdens to be avoided at all costs; especially the cost of poisoning women with dangerous chemicals so (1)  they can be available for sexual pleasure. Medicine is for sick people, not healthy people. Pregnancy and motherhood are not diseases. お世話になります。 上記文章で(1)の部分にはthat が省略されているものと思いますが、soと組み合わせてどう訳したらいいでしょうか?宜しくお願いします。

• この英文の意味を教えて下さい。

この英文の意味を教えて下さい。 「The management is good, I know Lawrance has been here awhile.」

• Even if hundreds of years pass it i

Even if hundreds of years pass it is painful beside of you て意味分かりますか? 何か気になるんで

• 次の文章がどういうルールで繋がっているか解らなく

The road user carries much of the responsibility for traffic accidents: the vehicle driver for the safety of others as well as himself, the pedestrian mainly for his own safety, while the passenger carries relatively little responsibility. 以上の文で the vehicle , the pedestrian のところに carries the responsibilityが省略されているとの解説があったのですが 省略した部分を補って考えると、 SV,SV,while SV.となってしまっているのですが、どういうルールで文章が繋がっているのでしょうか? よろしくお願いいたします。

• most famous sonの意味

The German city of Trier is struggling to keep up with demand for 0-euro note bearing the face of Karl Marx, its 【most famous son】 and a father of communism. この英文の【most famous son】の意味が、よく分かりません。 [a]とか[the]という冠詞が無いのもよく分かりません。 [son]の意味も「息子」というのはおかしいような気もします。 教えて下さい。

• これはどういう意味なのでしょうか?

日本語に訳してもあまりはっきりと意味がわからないのですが どういうことを言ってるのでしょうか?分かる方いましたらお願いします。 'The thing that gives people courage is ideas'. The phrase might be expanded. For it is not only courage that comes from ideas; it is determination; it is the power to act, the power to go on acting coherently. For though it is true that most ideas are the rationalizations of feelings, that does not mean that feelings are more important in the world of action than ideas. Feeling provides the original supply of energy, but this supply of energy soon fails if the feelings are not rationalized. For the rationalization justifies the feelings and serves at the same time both as a substitute for feelings and as a stimulant for them when they are dormant. You cannnot go on feeling violently all the time---the human organism does not allow of it. But an idea persists; once you have persuaded yourself of its truth, an idea justifies the continuance in cold blood of actions which emotion could only have dictated in the heat of the moment.

• 英語の意味を教えてください。

If your are comfortable with the security conditions in your neighborhood and it would be acceptable and safe for the UPS driver to leave your package at your door without being signed for, then choose "Ok to leave at my location without being signed for" Otherwise, choose "Someone will sign for this when delivered". The courier will not leave the package unless it is signed for. We are not responsible for costs of packages returned to us that were never signed for or pickup up by the addressee. Note: If you choose to not have the package signed for and its lost or stolen from your property, its your responsibility. Once its been delivered and a tracking number shows it delivered to your location, its out of our hands.