• ベストアンサー
  • すぐに回答を!

和訳をお願いします。

The Japanese word "michikusa" has a nice ring. Since it is derived from horses occasionally stopping to eat roadside grass as they are driven to a destination, it sounds leisurely and pastoral.  It is a common experience that when we look up a word in a dictionary, we get interested in the words listed around the one we look for or search for related words by association, spending an unexpectedly long time over the "michikusa."  Is the time thus spent a waste of time? I believe it is not. It may seem a waste of time if we look at it in terms of the target or task we set out to achieve. But if we look at it in another way, it can also be viewed as providing an opportunity for us to have various new encounters.  Suppose we see someone and talk with the person or attend a meeting. It sometimes happens at such a time that we run into a situation different from what we have excited, with unexpected topics coming up or meeting someone we have never dreamed of seeing.  To have the fortune of coming across a valuable object other than what we look for, we need to cultivate a mind-set that enables us to consider a waste of time affordable and a certain understanding for such an object. In the first place, we need "michimusa" to develop an eye for value. Can today's children afford to have enough "michikusa" for their growth? 長いですが、よろしくお願いいたします。

共感・応援の気持ちを伝えよう!

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • 閲覧数130
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • 回答No.1
  • sayshe
  • ベストアンサー率77% (4555/5904)

日本語の「道草」と言う言葉には、素敵な響きがある。この言葉は、馬が目的地に駆り立てられてゆく時に、馬が道端の草を食むために時々立ち止まることに由来しているので、この言葉はのんびりとした牧歌的な感じがするのである。 我々が、辞書で、ある単語を調べる時、私たちが探している単語の周辺に掲載された単語に興味を持ったり、連想で関連した単語を探したりして、予期せぬ長い時間を「道草」してすごすことは、よくある経験である。 この様にして過ごされる時間は、無駄な時間だろうか?私はそうではないと思う。私たちが、成し遂げようと始めた目標や仕事と言う観点から見れば、それは時間の無駄に思えるかもしれない。しかし、別の見方をすれば、それを私たちが様々な新しい出会いをするための好機を提供すると見なすこともできる。 誰かに会ってその人と話をしたり、会議に出席したりすることを考えてみよう。予想しなかった話題が出たり、会うとは夢にも思わなかった人に出会ったりして、私たちが予想していたものとは異なる状況に遭遇するのは、この様な時に、時々、起こるのである。【この文のexcitedはexpectedではありませんか?】 私たちが探している物以外の貴重な物に出会う幸運を得るためには、私たちが時間の無駄を利用できる手ごろなものだと考えられる様にする物の見方や、その様な物に対するある種の理解を養うことが必要である。まず第一に、私たちには、価値を見る目を育むための「道草」が必要である。今の子供たちは、彼らの成長のための「道草」をするゆとりを持てているのだろうか?

共感・感謝の気持ちを伝えよう!

質問者からのお礼

全て御回答して頂きありがとうございました。 非常に助かりました。

関連するQ&A

• 和訳お願い致します。

It is obvious, then, to start with, that by Mind we may mean two very different things, according as we contemplate it in our own individual selves, or as manifested by other beings. For if I contemplate my own mind, I have an imme diate cognizance of a certain flow of thoughts and feelings, which are the most ultimate things — and, indeed, the only things— of which I am cognizant. But if I contemplate Mind in other persons or organisms, I can have no such immediate cognizance of their thoughts and feelings ; I can only infer the existence of such thoughts and feelings from the activities of the persons or organisms which appear to manifest them. Thus it is that by Mind we may mean either that which is subjective or that which is objective. Now throughout the present work we shall have to consider Mind as an object ; and therefore it is well to remember that our only instrument of analysis is the observation of activities which we infer to be prompted by, or associated with, mental antecedents or accompaniments analogous to those of which we are directly conscious in our own subjective experience. That is to say, starting from what I know subjectively of the operations of my own individual mind, and of the activi ties which in my own organism these operations seem to prompt, I proceed by analogy to infer from the observable activities displayed by other organisms, the fact that certain mental operations underlie or accompany these activities.

• 和訳お願いします

I have a funny feeling that we have not seen the last of each other. これはどうゆう訳になるのでしょうか? 一応 前後の文も書いておきます。 I know how it can be when you are visiting friends that you have not seen for a long time. It seems like you never have enough time to fit everyone in! I have a funny feeling that we have not seen the last of each other. よろしくお願いします

• 和訳をお願いします!!!!!!

Our message is intended primarily, for men and women 40 and older, a diverse group that's beginning to confront a variety of life changes, some of them good and some not always for the better. On the downside, we 40-and 50-somethings are beginning to confront for the first time our own vulnerability; we're getting a bit gray at the temples and beginning to fret about it; we're having more and more trouble fitting into those blue jeans that may have been quite loose 15, 10, or even 5 years ago.

• 英文の和訳をお願いします

What do our customers pay us for? Why do they buy from us? In a competitive, non-monopolistic market, and that is what the world has become, there is absolutely no reason why a customer should buy from you rather than from your competitor. None. He pays you because you give him something that is of value to him. What is it that we get paid for? You may think this is a simple question. It is not. I have now been working with some of the world’s biggest manufacturers, producers, even in Slovenia. I have been asking that question now for a year. We have two kinds of customers: one, of course, is the retailer and, if that soap or that detergent or that mayonnaise is not on the retailer’s shelves, the housewife won’t buy it.

• 和訳をお願いいたします

和訳をしていただけるかたのみで お願いできますでしょうか? 2つの段落になっています。 どうぞよろしくお願いいたします。 Each small piece of information is like a detail in a picture, an image that gradually emerges from the fog of time and becomes clearer and clearer the more we dig away at the edges of the chart, the threads of destiny. Some people experience their own dream like psychic flashes of intuition during my readings that add to the finished picture, so don’t discard anything that should come into your mind however dimly or fleetingly. Now I will come to your future partners health. Health is not generally of the most importance in a relationship, unless there are sign of chronic disabilities or illness that are going to have a pronounced effect on the relationship. Which is rare. Which is why I always health matters until Soul Mate three, when much of the more important things have already been dealt with. This a general look at his health.

• 英文和訳をお願いします。

To clarify the dynamics depending on k, we have reported a bifurcation diagram in Fig. 4. It shows different values of quantity for different values of k, particularly between 0.15 and 0.29. It is easily illustrated that we move from stability through a sequence of a period doubling bifurcations to chaos.

• 和訳お願いします

If two American,girls vacationing in England hadn't stopped for five minutes in front of a shop window in the village of Newhaven, they would have been S25,000 poorer. Here's how it happened. The two girls, Betty and Jane had had a lovely holiday cycling around the lovely English countryside and now it was coming to an end. When they came to a little old village called Newhaven, they stopped to look at the shops for five minutes. They needed a present for their mother back in New York. Soon entered a little old antique shop which sold china, silver and all kinds of antiques. Mr Hubbard, the owner, asked if he could help them. "Yes," replied Jane, we need something for less than a dollar as a present. It's very difficult to buy any kind of antique for such a low price but finally Mr. Hubbard offered them a small bead necklace for just 70 cents, which they bought. When they got outside the shop Betty said, "It seems mean to give mother such a dirty-looking old necklace, but at least she couldn't buy it at a supermarket. Perhaps we can have it cleaned up a bit when we get to London. They went up to London that afternoon, then when they'd checked into a hotel, they took the necklace to Coghill's, a famous jeweller to have it cleaned. They 10 were told it would be ready for them to pick up the following morning. After a good night's sleep, they went to the shop and when they asked for the necklace, the man at the counter asked them to follow him to the president's office: In the beautiful room they were greeted but by Mr. Grisby, director of the not only by the president, was British Museum. Beside him in a red velvet-lined box, their necklace, now it looked different. Mr. Grisby said, "As you see, this is a necklace of beautiful black pearls, not beads. But more important is the fact that this is the most historical necklace in Britain. It belonged to Mary, Queen of Scotland who is said to have worn it in 1587 when she head cut off at the order of her cousin Queen Elizabeth 1 of England. At that time it was lost and we've been looking for it for nearly 400 years. Now you have found it. We hope you'll accept s25,000 for this necklace." Jane and Betty were so amazed they couldn't speak. They nodded their agreement.

• 出来る限り早く和訳お願い致します!!

"I don't think much of that," said the Duck, " as I cannot see what use it is to anyone. Now, if you could plough the fields like the ox, or draw a cart like the horse, or look after the sheep like the collie-dog, that would be something." "My good creature," cried the Rocket in a very haughty tone of voice, "I see that you belong to the lower orders. A person of position is never useful. We have certain accomplishments, and that is more than sufficient. I have no sympathy myself with industry of any kind, least of all with such industries as you seem to recommend. Indeed, I have always been of opinion that hard work is simply the refuge of people who have nothing whatever to do." "Well, well," said the Duck, who was of a very peaceable disposition, and never quarrelled with anyon, "everybody has different tastes. I hope, at any rate, that you are going to take up your residence here." "Oh dear no!" cried the Rocket . " I am merely a visitor, a distinguished visitor. The fact is that I find this place rather tedious. There is neither society here, nor solitude. In fact, it is essentially suburban. I shall probably go back to Court, for I know that I am destined to make a sensation in the world." "I had thoughts of entering public life once myself," remarked the Duck ; "there are so many things that need reforming. Indeed, I took the chair at a meeting some time ago, and we passed resolutions condemning everything that we did not like.

• 和訳お願い致します。

The point is that, notwithstanding special difficulties in assigning this or that being to one or the other class, the psychological classification which I advocate resembles the zoological classification which I have cited ; it is a valid classification, inasmuch as it recognizes a distinction where there is certainly something to distinguish. For even if we take the most mechanical view of mental processes that is possible, and suppose that conscious intelligence plays no part whatever in determining action, there still remains the fact that such conscious intelligence exists, and that prior to certain actions it is always affected in certain ways. Therefore, even if we suppose that the state of things is, so to speak, accidental, and that the actions in question would always he performed in precisely the same way whether or not they were thus connected with consciousness, it would still remain desirable, for scientific purposes, that a marked distinction should be drawn between cases of activity that proceed without, and those that proceed with this remarkable association with consciousness. As the phenomena of subjectivity are facts at any rate no less real than those of objectivity, if it is found that some of the latter are invariably and faithfully mirrored in those of the former, such pheno mena, for this reason alone, deserve to be placed in a distinct scientific category, even though it were proved that the mirror of subjectivity might be removed without affecting any of the phenomena of objectivity.

• 英文の和訳をお願いいたします

以下の英文を和訳していただけるかたのみで。 お願いできますでしょうか? 2つの段落と3つめの段落の前半部分となりますので、 内容が途中で終わる感じかもしれませんが、 どうぞよろしくお願いいたします。 People are only guided to consult me when they have entered the right era of their life to find the ultimate love. Most people meet within two to five years of the reading, but for many it is much sooner. Many are already on the threshold of meeting, or have met, when they write. I think that you will meet or else settle down with him between the Winter of the year 2017 and the Winter of 2018. Let me speak of time and karma, for when we make a prediction of time astrologically, a month or day or year of meeting, it is really only an estimate. Your soul travels through time at its own pace, The alchemy of experience, changes us. Events shape your life and transform your character.