• ベストアンサー

Ounce for ouncetって何ですか?

Ounce for ounce, broccoli provides more vitamin C than an orange and is also loaded with fiber, どうぞ宜しくお願いします。

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • speglo
  • ベストアンサー率47% (167/353)
回答No.1

ounce for ounce の意味は、1オンスのブロッコリと1オンスのオレンジ を比較したら、 という意味です。同量であれば、ブロッコリの方が ビタミンCが多いということです。

mermaid1122
質問者

お礼

speglo様回答ありがとうございました。

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

関連するQ&A

• よろしくお願いします

I want to be in a school with more traditional (but fewer overall) students, with the vast majority living on campus, with school spirit, with a small and tight-knit community, and with a challenging environment, which is exactly what my transfer school provides (and it's four times smaller than my current school). The transfer school also has MUCH more opportunities for internships, shadowing, research, etc., transfer schoolとshadowingの意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• forについて

Even so, that percentage was lower than for the United States and United Kingdom, where more than 50 percent of citizens had some experience of volunteering. この文のfor について質問です。 なぜここにforがあるのでしょうか? 教えてください。 お願いします。

• 和訳をお願いします。

以下の文の和訳をお願いします。 “While conventional seawater desalination methods account for 75 percent of the Gulf’s demand for water, the process is energy intensive and costly,” Sultan Al Jaber, the chief executive of Masdar, said during an interview. “Coupling renewable energy with the latest in desalination technologies is the logical next step, and it also provides an avenue to spur economic growth and address the region’s long-term water security.”

• 正誤問題あと1問

Sunlight provides us with its main source of vitamin D, which boosts the immune system and helps strengthen our bones and muscles. という正誤問題で、 provides its which helps に下線が引かれています。its が間違いということですが、これを何に変えればいいのかわかりません。よろしくお願い致します。

• 次の英文の解釈の仕方を教えてください

本に次の記述がありました The goal is to have more accurate information about who is listening to broadcasts and when. But the industry may have got more than it bargained for with a recent innovation that is challenging long-held beliefs about listener habit. 訳は 目標とするのは、放送を聴いているのは誰で、いつ聴いているのかという点について、より正確な情報を得ることである。だがこの業界は、聴取者の習慣的聴取行動について長らく信じられてきたことに挑む最近の技術刷新を使えば、予期した以上のものをえるかもしれない です。 疑問点は、get の用法 と with の用法 です。(~ get more than it bargained for with ~ の部分) 私は、始めにgetは自動詞の用法で使われていると考え、than it bargained for(予想以上に) with 以降のものを伴って手に入れたと解釈しました。これは、get の自動詞は、ほとんどがイディオムであることと with の用法が 訳を見る限り、”最近の技術刷新を使えば”と仮定法的な使われ方をしているので違うと考えました。 次に getをSVOの用法で使われていると考え、 get more than it bargained for → get it であり、it を説明するものとして more than や bargained が付いていると考えました。 これでも、with の使われ方に疑問が残ります。 with を仮定法的な用法として使うには With a pen, I could take a note などのように could や would が必要な気がしています。 どうにか、しっくり来る解釈の方法はないでしょうか?教えてください よろしくお願いします

• 「would for ...」「 you would with...」

以下の文章に「would for ...」「 you would with...」と言う箇所があるのですが、wouldと前置詞for, withの間にはdoが省略されているのでしょうか?それともwouldは動詞として使われているのでしょうか? 宜しくお願い致します。 That said, it's isn't as easy as comparing expense ratios. That's because you must pay commissions to buy and sell ETFs, just as you would for stock transactions. Thus, if you plan on making a single, lump-sum investment, then it may pay to choose an ETF. But if you invest regular sums of money, you'll actually end up costing yourself far more with an ETF than you would with many mutual funds.

• charged for

My mother insists on telling my three youngest children that my husband is not their father. The oldest girl is the spitting image of him, and she's upset about it. Mom also calls me terrible names. She keeps saying it will add years to my life if I divorce him and makes appointments with divorce lawyers for me, which I am charged for. charged forはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 死刑に反対です

英語の得意な方、添削お願いします。 “私は死刑に反対です。なぜなら 命は私たちにとって目より大事なので、 目には目をが残酷なら 命には命をはもっと残酷だからです。” I'm against the death penalty. Because since a life is more precious than an eye for us, if an eye for an eye is cruel, a life for a life is more cruel.

• 英文の邦訳

Furthermore, all but two US firms for which Blackrock is a 5 percent shareholder also have Vanguard as a 5 percent shareholder (and vice versa), with these two passive managers thus owning 10–15 percent of more than half of America’s largest firms. 上記英文中,withより前の文章の意味内容が上手く掴めません。邦訳をお願いします。

• A is no more B than C is D

My flat was in an old-fashioned building, not many stories high,and I was on more human terms with the staff than is possible in one of modern Babels. 上記の文なのですが、後半は、A is no more B than C is D の、いわゆる「鯨が魚でないのは馬が魚でないのと同じ」という構文(^^)でしょうか?このstaff は何でしょう。何になじめないと言ってるのでしょうか?ご教示くださいませんでしょうか。いつもありがとうございます。

このQ&Aのポイント
  • 小学二年生の息子の友達が約束を守ってくれない問題について相談です。
  • 公園遊びをする友達がいるものの、時々来ないことがあります。
  • 息子の誘いにも関わらず友達が来ないため、どう対処するべきか悩んでいます。
回答を見る