適切な英語で応募文章を作成する方法

このQ&Aのポイント
  • 英語で求職応募する際には、正確な表現と適切な文法を使用することが重要です。
  • 文法的なミスや訳の誤りがあると、相手に誤った印象を与える可能性があります。
  • 具体的な要求事項に関しては、必要なスキルを明記し、冗長な表現を避けることが大切です。
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

この文でのnecessaryの使い方など

ある英語サイトからの引用ですが I meet all of your qualifications and have the necessary skills required for the position. 文法はもちろん、訳からして困ってます。 I meet all of your qualifications 私は会います、あなたの資格(能力)の全てを and have necessary skills required for the position そして、持っています。必要なものを必要とされた技術を、仕事(職)の為に。 多分この訳だと、わかりやすい日本語として語順をどう変えてもおかしいものとなるので間違ってると思います。 おそらく「私は、職の為に、必要とされる技術を持ち、そのあなたは資格を持つ私と会えました。」 的なものかなと思ってます。 無理やり訳したものなので正しい訳を教えて頂きたいと思ってます。 求人をしている会社などに応募者が話しかけてるのだと思うのですがしっくりきません。 理由としては I meet all of your qualifications でいきなりひっかかります。 これは正しいものなのでしょうか。 あなたの能力の全てに会う・・・というのがいまいち・・・ have the necessary skills required for the position に関しても have the necesaary で必要なものを持つ skills required で で必要とされた技術 のはずなので 「必要」が被ってませんか? the necessary もhave に対する目的語で名詞 skills required もhaveに対する目的語で名詞扱い necessaryは無くても良い気がするのですが・・・ どなたか詳細な解説を宜しくお願い致します。

• 英語
  • 回答数3
  • ありがとう数4

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
回答No.3

meet は「満たす,満足させる」の意味。 meet all of your qualifications で「あなたが求める能力(必要条件)のすべてを満たす」 have the necessary skills required for the position  なぜ,necessary で名詞と思われたのでしょう。 necessary は「必要な,必須の」という形容詞。 (the) skills に形容詞 necessary がついて「必須の技術」 さらに,skills という名詞を後ろから分詞句 required for the position が修飾。 「その地位に求められる技術」 a nice watch made in Switzerland 「スイス製のすてきな時計」 これと同じ構造です。

Syakaiji
質問者

お礼

お返事が遅くなり申し訳ございません。 meetの意味、会う以外に考えもしませんでした。 necessaryも確かに形容詞ですね。 the necessary skills と、形容詞+名詞の考えがその時、どうしても起こりませんでした。 解説ありがとうございます。

その他の回答 (2)

• bakansky
  • ベストアンサー率48% (3502/7245)
回答No.2

近いところまで迫っていると思います。 その meet は言い換えれば satisfy でしょう。だから、I meet all of your qualifications は、「私はあなたの要求する資質(or 能力、資格)を満足させています」 で、つまり 「私はあなたの要求を満たしています」。 > and have the necessary skills required for the position は、and I have the necessary skills required for the position ということですから、「その地位に求められる必要な能力を持っています」 ということだと思います。 ですから、「私はそちらの求めておられる資格を有しており、お示しの地位にふさわしい能力も持っております」 という意味の文だと私は解釈しました。 necessary は 「必要な」 あるいは essential という意味ですが、require は 「要求する (call for)」 という意味になります。 required 以下は skills を修飾しています。"[which are] required for the position" ということです。

Syakaiji
質問者

お礼

お返事が遅くなり申し訳ございません。 解説ありがとうございます。 理解が深まりました。

noname#145120
noname#145120
回答No.1

とりあえず根本的な問題として、この文で使われているmeetは会うという意味ではなく、満たすという意味で使われてるように思います。 自分はあなたが必要とするだけの能力を満たすことができる=能力を持っています、という具合に。

Syakaiji
質問者

お礼

ご返事が遅くなり申し訳ございません。 meet は「会う」という意味以外全く知りませんでした。 もっと調べるべきでした。 ありがとうございます。一つ合点がいきました。

関連するQ&A

• 前置詞の用法

次の前置詞の用法とそれを用いた例文などを教えてください。 (1)Proper qualifications are required for the position. (for) (2)I'm soaked with sweat. (with) (3)The population density in the metropolis (in, ofではだめなのか) (4)Medical breakthroughs have brought about great benefits for humanity (for) (5)gift for poetry, great capacity for math (for)

• イギリス大学院留学 証明書類原本提出について

こんばんは。この度9月よりイギリスの大学院へ留学することになった者です。 現在conditional offerをいただいておりますが、unconditional offerをいただくためには証明書類の原本の提出が必要とあります。 成績証明書や卒業証明書は再発行がすぐに可能なので原本を送ることに抵抗はないのですが、 資格証明書(弁護士や医師、看護師免許など)など、すぐに再発行が効かないようなとても重要な書類は皆さんどのように大学院へ提出されたのでしょうか。やはり原本を提出されましたか。 ちなみに、大学院のホームページの提出書類に関するFAQに対しては次のように記載されており、 日本語、英語の原本の提出が必要かと存じますが、イギリスのRegistryは結構ミスが多く重要書類であっても紛失がよく起こると聞いています。 できればコピーを公証人に認証してもらって、photocopyを送りたいのですが…。 Do I need to send original documents? Yes. All documents must be original apart from your signed offer and bank statements. Only your signed offer and bank statements, if required, may be returned by email. I have been asked to provide evidence of qualifications, what is this? Accepted forms of evidence are; • Original final transcript of your previous study – this must confirm the date and title of your final award. • Original certificates (note: original certificates received by Registry will be kept and returned to the student at registration unless otherwise requested). I included original transcripts when submitting my application, do I need to send further evidence of my qualifications? No. If you have supplied a transcript that confirms the title and date of your final award then you will not normally be required to provide further evidence of your qualifications. Qualifications will still be listed in your offer letter as this is an indication of all your offer conditions. My certificate or transcripts are not in English, will you accept these? No. You need to arrange a translation of your documents. You must obtain this from an official translator (contact your Embassy for further details) and then submit the original translation with the original certificates. Will you accept certified copies of certificates? No.

• 仮定法の文について

下記の英文で用いられている仮定法についてお教えください。 For Scipio, it was no doubt awe-inspiring to meet the commander (※1) who had nearly destroyed the Roman Republic. But the Roman general was not convinced. "Had you of your own free will left Italy...before I sailed for Africa and then come with proposals for peace, I admit that I would have acted too proudly and unfairly had I rejected them," Scipio said. But now, the Roman continued, it was toolate for peace. Carthage must surrender unconditionally or fight. ※1カルタゴ(Carthage)の英雄ハンニバル(Hannibal)のことです。 ※2ハンニバルのことです。 帰結節のI would have acted too proudly and unfairlyの条件節は前文のHad you of your own free will left Italyと後ろの文のhad I rejected themでしょうか。 また、I would have acted too proudly and unfairly had I rejected themの意味を教えてください。「私がそれらを拒否したら私はとても誇らしく不公平に行動しただろう」。意味がつながっていないような気がして解釈が間違っているのではないかと困っています。 お手数かけますが、ご教授いただければ幸いです。どうぞよろしくお願いいたします。

• ネットショッピングしたらこんな文が届きました‼

どなたか和訳できる方はいますでしょうか?? 辞書で調べたりしたけれど、気が遠くなりそうです‼ Please note that all orders have a processing time frame of 24 - 48 business hours. This time is used to verify your information to ensure there was no fraudulent activity on your account. Verifying the order is for your protection, and I apologize if it has caused any undue frustration.

• 英語の対話文の問題なのですが、

次の()内に入るのは次のうちどれなのでしょうか? A:Can I help you? B:Yes,can I have a family ticket please? A:( ) B:There are four of us. (1)Are there any more? (2)How many in your family? (3)Is there enough for your fmily? (4)How many families do you have?

• この文の解釈・・・

最近知り合った外国人の人からメールを貰ったのですが、いまいち話がもりあがってないような気がします。そして今回自分は本当に日本に移り住みたいということを言った後に、I am trying to improve my art and oratory skills so I can do something else. I thank you very much for finding time out of your busy day to write me. domo. とかいてありました。これはどうとれますか?なんだか、はい、さようならみたいな感じで、あまりメールをしてお互いのことを知りたいとかそういう感じをもっているように思えませんし・・・ アドバイス等よろしくお願いいたします。

• HandBrakeのインストール

ipodにDVDを転送したいので、HandBrakeをインストールしようとしたのですが、次のようなエラーが出て上手くいきません。 『Your system does not meet the minimum requirements for HandBrake.Insufficient RAM.384MB or greater required. You have:255MB』 どうしたら上手くインストール出来るのでしょうか?

• most of とmost、thatとin which

most of peopleとmost peopleは何が違うのですか? また、この二つの文は文法的に正しいですか? 和訳も教えてください。 You should apply for a job which your skills will be of use in. You should apply for a job that your skills will be of use.

• 初めて海外に履歴書を送ろうと思っています。

質問の意味に自信が持てません・・。 以下の翻訳を。どなたかよろしくお願い致します。 Describe your general state of health: Indicate any physical, medical or mental condition that could in any way impair your ability to undertake the position for which you have applied: (NB - The offer of a permanent position will be subject to the applicant passing a medical examination as requested by the NZSO.) Present and previous employment. State particulars in most recent date order. If you prefer, attach a copy of your curriculum vitae or resume instead. Please indicate if you have already submitted this information. Dates of employment Name of employer Position held from to Reason for leaving ____________________________________________________________________ ____________________________________________________________________ State any other general qualifications and experience you consider relevant. (Please continue on a separate sheet of paper if necessary.) ____________________________________________________________________ ____________________________________________________________________ Please give the names and contact details of two persons from whom references may be obtained (optional) ____________________________________________________________________ ____________________________________________________________________ Please answer all questions. If any false information is knowingly given or any material fact suppressed, the applicant will be disqualified or if appointed, liable to instant dismissal. I confirm that my replies to the questions above are correct.

• 英文を訳してくだいさ。

I have refunded your Visa $16.50 for the wrong yardage - you may keep the other fabric we sent for free. Shipping costs to Japan went up to $16.95 for the International Flat rate envelope in January - so now all shipping is $16.95 for up to 11 yards - the new Legal sized envelope can hold 11 yards I have not shipped the fabric - I have refunded your credit card for the 2 yards of Fabriquilt So your credit card is refunded $16.50 この文章を訳して下さい。 お願いします。