• ベストアンサー

英語文のパラフレーズをお願い致します。

次の(1)を(2)にパラフレーズ出来ますでしょうか。 (1)He just got back from two weeks in Salerno. (Copyright: 2011 The Daily Yomiuri.) (2)He just got back from Salerno after being there for two weeks. その他、(1)のパラフレーズ文には、どの様な物が有り得ますでしょうか。

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • bakansky
  • ベストアンサー率48% (3502/7245)
回答No.1

「パラフレーズ」 とはどういう意味なのかと調べてみると  ある表現を他の語句に置き換えて、わかりやすく述べること。 という定義が下記のところに出ていました。  → http://kotobank.jp/word/%E3%83%91%E3%83%A9%E3%83%95%E3%83%AC%E3%83%BC%E3%82%BA そういう意味から見ると、質問者さまのなされているのは パラフレーズ ではなくて、単に 語順を変えている というだけのことのように思えます。 それはともかく、同じ内容の文に書き換えるということなら、  After two weeks in Salerno he just got back. とか  After two week's stay in Salerno he just got back. とか (どちらも After を文頭に出すという形ですが)、その2つは思いつきました。あるいは、  He just got back from two week's stay in Salerno. もありえるんじゃないかと思います (とにかく 同じ内容 であることが要件であるとするなら)。 あるいは、  Before he got back home, he spent two week's stay in Salerno. とか (もちろん、He spent two week's stay in Salerno before he got back home. としても同じでしょう)。あるいは  It was two week's stay in Salerno that he spent before he just got back. とか、 It was Salerno in which he stayed for two weeks before he got back home. とか。 他にも考えられるかもしれませんが、とりあえずそんな文が頭に浮かびました (ただし、文法的に正しいかどうかは自信ありません)。

kimko379
質問者

お礼

誠に有難う御座いました。

関連するQ&A

• TOEFL問題集からの質問です

某TOEFL対策問題集からの質問です。御教授よろしくお願い致します。 1. There should be plenty of aprtments freeing up after graduation. freeing up after graduationとはどういう意味でしょうか? 2. What do you think of the assignment we just got in Dr. Bennet's class? A twenty-five-page paper in two weeks - there goes my social life. there goes my social lifeですが、解答を見るとThe assignment will be time-consuming. とありますが、どうしてでしょうか? 3. Bill has tried so hard to win a race since he first joined the track team, but it's two years later and he still hasn't. but it's two years later and he still hasn'tとはどういう意味でしょうか?

• 英語 文法

The movie will start( ) an hour. と He came back ( ) an hour. の(  )には inとafterのどちらが入りますか

• methamidophosの正しい発音

2月1日の The daily yomiuri 新聞で"methamidophos"を使った記事がありましたが正しい発音がわかる方教えてもらえないでしょうか? 私の持っている辞書等や辞書ソフトBookshelfでも出てきません。 記事の文は The two prefectural police forces found methamidophos, an organic phosphorus agricultural chemical,in the dumplings and in their packageing.

• 次の英訳は正しいでしょうか?

着いて1分もしないうちにバスが来てくれた。 The bus came in one minute from I got there. よろしくお願いいたします。

• 英語の問題が分からないので教えてください。

まず問題自体の意味が分かってない状態です。 When talking about charts and tables of figures, you need to be able to describe increases and decreases.Here are two useful patterns: (1)There is / are + noun phrase There was a rise in interest rates. There has been an increase in sales. (2)noun phrase + verb + adverb The interest rate rose rapidly. Sales fell dramatically. 1.The price of shares rose sharply. There ( ). 2.There has been a noticeable increase in our running costs from 2001 onwards. Running costs ( ). 3.The number of overseas contracts has fallen dramatically. There ( ). 4.There has been a steady rise in imports from outside the EU over the last decade. Imports from outside the EU ( ).

• 【大至急】日→英語のご添削

下記の英語文についてご添削を宜しくお願い致しますm(__)m 彼は内定から就業まで 2週間必要です。 He needs two weeks from fixing of work to starting work.

• 英語の文を訳して下さい。

After the first German chlorine-gas attacks, Allied troops were supplied with masks of cotton pads soaked in urine; it had been discovered that the ammonia in the pad neutralised the chlorine. The pads were held over the face until the gas dispersed. Other soldiers preferred to use a handkerchief, sock or flannel body-belt, dampened with a sodium-bicarbonate solution and tied across the mouth and nose, until the gas passed. Soldiers found it difficult to fight like this, and attempts were made to develop a better means of protection against gas attacks. By July 1915, soldiers received efficient gas masks and anti-asphyxiation respirators. Private W. Hay of the Royal Scots arrived in Ypres just after the chlorine-gas attack on 22 April 1915: We knew there was something was wrong. We started to march towards Ypres but we couldn't get past on the road with refugees coming down the road. We went along the railway line to Ypres and there were people, civilians and soldiers, lying along the roadside in a terrible state. We heard them say it was gas. We didn't know what the Hell gas was. When we got to Ypres we found a lot of Canadians lying there dead from gas the day before, poor devils, and it was quite a horrible sight for us young men. I was only twenty so it was quite traumatic and I've never forgotten nor ever will forget it. — Private W. Hay of the Royal Scots The French soldiers were naturally taken by surprise. Some got away in time, but many, alas! not understanding the new danger, were not so fortunate, and were overcome by the fumes and died poisoned. Among those who escaped nearly all cough and spit blood, the chlorine-attacking the mucous membrane. The dead were turned black at once. About 15 minutes after letting the gas escape the Germans got out of their trenches. Some of them were sent on in advance, with masks over their heads, to ascertain if the air had become breathable. Having discovered that they could advance, they arrived in large numbers in the area on which the gas had spread itself some minutes before, and took possession of the arms of the dead men. They made no prisoners. Whenever they saw a soldier whom the fumes had not quite killed they snatched away his rifle and advised him to lie down "to die better." — The Daily Chronicle (26 April 1915) Battle of Frezenberg (8–13 May) The Germans moved field artillery forward, placing three army corps opposite the 27th and 28th Divisions on the Frezenberg ridge (50.868°N 2.950°E). The German attack began on 8 May with a bombardment of the 83rd Brigade in trenches on the forward slope of the ridge, but the first and second infantry assaults were repelled by the survivors. However, the third German assault of the morning pushed the defenders back. Although the neighbouring 80th Brigade repulsed the attack, the 84th Brigade was pushed back; this left a 2-mile (3.2 km) gap in the line.

• 大学の英語の文章がうまく訳せません。

大学の英語の文章がうまく訳せません。 人工妊娠中絶への賛否の文章なのですが、コンマの後のfixedの訳し方がどうしてもわかりません。 英語が得意なかた、助けてください。 よろしくお願いします。 The defenders of abortion take the position that the embryo does not become a human being until after a certain time, fixed variously from 12 to 28 weeks of gestation.

• 英語の文章を日本文に翻訳して下さい。

The landing has been commemorated in song on several occasions. Two of the best-known songs contain historical contradictions that confuse the landings at Suvla and Anzac. A song "Suvla Bay," which is believed to have been written during World War I but first copyrighted and published in 1944, has been recorded by many artists. It tells the story of an Australian girl who receives the news that her sweetheart or husband has been killed at Suvla. However, in a recurring line the song implies that he was killed in April, four months before the Suvla landing. He might have been killed at some point after the April landing at Anzac, but not at Suvla; there was no one there who had "played their part" in April. Suvla Bay is ostensibly the setting for the song And the Band Played Waltzing Matilda, written by Eric Bogle in 1971, although Bogle admits to having changed the location from Anzac Cove to Suvla, for several reasons, one of them being that he found many Australians mistakenly believed that the ANZAC landing had taken place at Suvla. The song has been recorded by numerous artists, including the Clancy Brothers, Joan Baez and the Pogues. In the climax of the Peter Weir movie Gallipoli, the third and final wave of Australian troops at the Battle of the Nek is ordered into a suicidal advance, supposedly to divert Ottoman and German attention from the landing at Suvla, despite rumours that the landing has been successfully completed. The fictional character General Gardiner orders the advance reconsidered, with the line "at Suvla ... the [English] officers are sitting on the beach drinking cups of tea". In fact, the Australian attack at the Nek was a diversion for the New Zealanders' attack on Sari Bair, not the British landing at Suvla. The Dreadnoughts' album track "The Bay of Suvla" commemorates the battle, although where the men described in the song originate from is not absolutely clear. Suvla is briefly mentioned in the Irish song "The Foggy Dew", which commemorates the 1916 Easter Rising, and in the song "The Last of the Diggers", by the Australian rock band Midnight Oil on their album The Real Thing.

• どの文が正しいでしょか?

どの文が正しいでしょか?正しい文が無い場合は模範解答をよろしくお願いします。…_| ̄|○ 私の仕事は1月から3月までが一番忙しい。 I'm busiest from January to March. My job is busiest from January to March. *My job を 主語にするのは変ですよね? The busiest term for my work is from Jan. to March. 庭のバケツの水が凍っていました。   The bucket of water in my garden had frozen. The water in the bucket in my garden got frozen. The bucket of water in my garden froze. I found the bucket of water frozen in my garden.