Mysterious Bone Found on Old Cat's Skin

このQ&Aのポイント
  • A mysterious bone is found attached to the skin of an old cat named William.
  • Peter discovers the bone while tickling William's throat and investigates further.
  • After pulling on the bone, something gives and William's purr grows louder.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

英訳お願いします。

He was safely indoors with his old friend who was pretending to be younger than his years by rolling on to his back and letting his front paws flop helplessly. He wanted his chest tickled. As Peter began to move his fingers lightly through the fur, the rumbling noise grew louder, so loud that every bone in the old cat's body rattled. And then, William stretched out a paw to Peter's fingers and tried to draw them up higher. Peter let the cat guide his hand. `Do you want me to tickle your chin?' he murmured. But no. The cat wanted to be touched right at the base of his throat. Peter felt something hard there. It moved from side to side when he touched it. Something had got trapped in the fur. Peter propped himself on an elbow in order to investigate. He parted the fur. At first he thought he was looking at a piece of jewellery, a little silver tag. But there was no chain, and as he poked and peered he saw that it was not metal at all. but polished bone, oval and flattened in the centre, and most curiously of all, that it was attached to William Cat's skin. The piece of bone fitted well between his forefinger and thumb. He tightened his grip and gave a tug. William Cat's purr grew even louder. Peter pulled again, downwards, and this time he felt something give.

• 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数0

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
回答No.2

彼は、ごろんと寝転がって前足を力なくパタパタさせることで実際の年齢 よりも若いふりをしている彼の年老いた友人と共に、安全な屋内にいた。 彼は胸をくすぐってぼしがった。ペーターが指で軽く毛をなで始めると、 ゴロゴロいう声が大きくなり、その年老いた猫の体中の骨がすべてガタガタ鳴る ほどまでになった。そして、それから、ウイリアムはペーターの指に前足を 伸ばして、指をもっと高い位置に引っ張りあげようとした。ペーターは、 猫に自分の手をゆだねた。 「あごをくすぐって欲しいのか?」彼はつぶやいた。 でもそうではなかった。猫は、ちょうどのどの下の部分を触って欲しかったのだ。 ペーターは、そこに何か固いものがあるのを感じた。彼が触ると、それは右に 左に動いた。何かが毛に絡まっていた。ペーターは、調べるために肘で身体を 支えた。 彼は毛を搔き分けてみた。はじめ、彼は自分が見ているのは装身具、小さな銀の タグかと思った。しかし鎖はなく、つっついたり覗いたりして、それがぜんぜん 金属ではないことに気づいた。それは、磨きあげられた骨で中央が平らな楕円形 をしており、もっとも好奇心をそそることに、猫のウイリアムの肌にくっつけ られていた。 その骨のかけらは、彼の人差し指と親指の間にちょうど収まった。彼は、骨を つかんだ指に力を入れ、引っ張ってみた。猫のウイリアムのゴロゴロいう声は、 ますます大きくなった。ペーターは、今度は下向きに、もう一度引っ張ってみた。 そして今度は、何かが取れるのを感じた。

その他の回答 (1)

回答No.1

彼はバックに上を転動し、なすすべもなく彼の前足のフロップをさせることで彼の年よりも若いふりをしていた彼の旧友との屋内で安全になった。 彼は胸をくすぐられていました。ピーターは毛皮を通して軽く彼の指を移動するにつれ、腹鳴は、古い猫の体内のあらゆる骨がガタガタするように大声で大きく成長しました。 そしてその後、ウィリアムは、ピーターの指に足を伸ばし、より高いそれらを描くことを試みた。 ピーターは、猫が彼の手を導くことができます。 `あなたは私があなたの顎をくすぐるか?"彼はつぶやいた。 しかし、ない。猫は、右の彼の喉の基盤に触れることを望んだ。 ピーターはそこにハードなものを感じた。彼がそれを触ると左右に移動。 何かが毛皮の中に閉じ込めてしまっていた。ピーターは、調べるために、肘に自分自身を立てかけられ。 彼は毛皮を分けた。最初は彼はジュエリーの作品、小さな銀のタグを見ていたと思った。 しかしそこにはチェーンはなかった、と彼は突きとピアとして、彼はそれがすべてで金属ではなかったことを見た。 しかしそれはウィリアム猫の皮膚に添付されている洗練された骨、楕円と中心に平坦化され、最も奇妙なすべての。 骨の部分は、彼の人差し指と親指の間によくフィット。彼はグリップを締めとタグボートを与えた。 ウィリアム猫のゴロゴロは、さらに大きく成長しました。ピーターは、再び引っ張ら下方、そして今回は彼が何かを犠牲感じた。 直訳しました。

関連するQ&A

• 和訳をお願いします!

和訳をお願いします! I think that he’s an incredible dreamer, incredibly naïve, he’s incredibly smart in what he wants to be smart at he’s one of those guys that knows ten thousand little things but doesn’t know much about one big thing and it was really fun, it was really fun to read and... Again there was something inspiring about it, there was something child like about it. There was something oddly brave about it and the thing that was very cool about the part to me was that he’s a simple guy and in his simplicity he doesn’t over think the world. And so he just lets the world happen to him and I think that that’s a blessing a lot of the time. ある俳優のインタビューです。 自分の役柄について聞かれ答えているのですが、どうしても意味が理解できないんです。。。 長文ですが宜しくお願いしますm(_ _)m

• 源氏物語の翻訳について

いつも回答をありがとうございます。 続きです。 1) In years past it was at times of joy and triumph that you came to this house,and now this is the news you bring! 数年が過ぎる中であながたこの家に来てくれることは喜びと勝利の時間であった・・・・? ●it was times of~としないでatを入れている訳はなんでしょうか? (at timesでときどき、おりおり?) ●this is the news~・・・・・これはあなたが持ってくるニュース! 直訳すると文章が前文とうまくつながりません。 2) Foolish are they indeed who trust to fortune! they who trust to fortune are indeed foolish!の並び変えでしょうか? 幸運を信じる者たちは実にばかげている!・・・・・・ですか? 3) From the time she was born until his death,her father,who knew his own mind,would have it that she must go to Court and charged me again and again not to disappoint his wishies if he were to die. ●From the time she was born until his death,・・・・・彼女が生まれてから彼の死まで・・・? ●who knew his own mind・・・・・・誰が彼自身の気持ちを知った? ●would have it that she must go to Court and charged me again and again not to disappoint his wishies if he were to die. wouldの主語はhe(桐壺更衣の父親)ですか? 彼は彼女が宮廷に行くべきだと主張し、私に何度も何度も彼の願いを失望しないように頼んだ、もし彼が亡くなることがあったら・・・? ここのifは過去形を用いて現在の事実に反対の仮定を表すifでしょうか? それとも実現の可能性が少ない仮定を表すifでしょうか? even thoughの意味で「たとえ・・・・でも」(たとえ彼が死んだとしても)のifのような気もします。 よろしくお願い致します。

• どのような意味でしょうか

I am engaged to be married to a wonderful man. We had a bit of a rocky start with his lying to me about a past escapade he had before we met. He was embarrassed about it and lied, but I found out anyway. Since then, he’s been wonderfully open and honest and we even exchanged email and Facebook passwords as a way to set a general policy of openness in our relationship. Well, curiosity was killing this cat and, though nothing particular prompted it, I looked at his emails and saw some old ones from before we met between him and his ex-girlfriend. curiosity was killing this catはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 英訳お願いします。

(12)“Ahem ! ahem ! ” he said, and everybody listened except the the poor Catherine Wheel, who was still shaking her head, and murmuring, “Romance is dead.” (13)“Order ! order !” cried out a Cracker. He was something of a politician, and had always taken a prominent part in the local elections, so he knew the proper Parliamentary expressions to use. (14)“Quite dead.” whispered the Catherine Wheel, and she went off to sleep. (15)As soon as there was perfect silence, the Rocket coughed a third time and began. He spoke with a very slow, distinct voice, as if he were dictating his memoirs, and always looked over the shoulder of the person to whom he was talking . In fact, he had a most distinguished manner. (16)“How fortunate it is for the King's son,” he remarked, “that he is to be married on the very day on which I am to be let off. Really, if it had been arranged beforehand, it could not have turned out better for him; but Princes are always lucky.” (17)“Dear me !” said the little Squib, “I thought it was quite the other way, and that we were to be let off in the Prince's honour.” (18)“It may be so with you,” he answered; “inded, I have no doubt that it is, but with me it is different. I am a very remarkable Rocket, and come of remarkable parents. My mother was the most celebrated Catherine Wheel of her day, and was renowned for her graceful dancing. When she made her great public appearance she spun round nineteen times before she went out, and each time that she did so she threw into the air seven pink stars.

• 和訳お願い致します。

He liked to get right down to William's level, and to put his face up close to the cat's abd see how extraordinary it really was, how beautifully non-human, with spikes of black hair sprouting in a globe from a tiny face beneath the fur, and the white whiskers with their slight downwards curve, and the eyebrow hairs shooting up like radio antennae, and the pale green eyes with their upright slits, like doors ajar into a world Peter could never enter. 少し長いんですが、お願いします><

• 英訳してください!!!

In 1939, Japanese diplomat Chiune Sugihara was stationed in Lithuania during one of the darkest times in human history. He saved thousands of Polish Jews from the Nazis by issuing transit visas to them. Refusing to obey his own government, he wrote visas day and night. He even wrote them quickly by hand and passed them through a train window as he Lithuania. His bold and extraordinary act was largely unknown and unsung for many years―until people who had been rescued by Sugihara began to tell his story. Soon, his courage and greatness were celebrated all over the world, catching the attention of the mass media and inspiring several authors to write books on the actions of the "Japanese Schindler". Meanwhile, the Israeli government was gathering names of "courageous rescuers" to repay their efforts. As one of the ways to express its gratitude, the government decided to plant trees in their honor. When Sugihara's courage came to light, Israeli officials immediately made plans to plant cherry trees in his memory. But suddenly, officials changed the order. They decided the cherry trees, deciding that cedar was stronger. It was only after they planted the trees that the officials learned that "Sugihara" in Japanese means ... cedar trees.

• 英訳をお願いしたいです。

『最初、それは彼の趣味の一つにすぎなかった。 だが、彼はだんだんそれにのめり込んでいった。』 という分を英語にしたいです。 一つ目は At first, it was just a hobby for him. At first, it was one of his hobbies. とかでいいかなぁ、と思うのですが2つ目の文がよくわかりません。 特に「だんだん」というニュアンスの出し方を教えていただきたいです。 (1つ目ももっと良い文があったら教えて欲しいです。) よろしくお願いします。

• 英訳してください

Fresh meats and vegetables are not supposed to be carried across borders by ordinary passengers. In the case of Karen Turner, she almost entered the United States from Mexico carrying 60 kilograms of popular chorizo sausage. Alert officials noticed, however, that she had too many used baby diapers in her car. “My little boyhas diarrhea!” she explained to the officials. Inside of the many diapers, however, they discovered the sausages. Strangely, the meat did not look so different from what a person usually finds in a used diaper. Alert Al Wheeler noticed that a van was moving rather slowly in the line for inspection at the Mexican border. The border official asked the driver to step out, and then discovered the reason the car was so heavy: The driver was carrying nearly 1,600 kilograms of Mexican white cheese. The man confessed that he wanted to sell the cheese, which was valued at about ¥900,000. At an airport in Germany, an angry passenger refused to give up his liter bottle of pepper vodka. He insisted that he was bringing it home as a present for a friend; airport officials firmly explained to him that liquids could not be brought onto the airplane. Rather than give up his bottle, the 64-year-old man opened it and in just a couple of minutes, drank everything. Five minutes later, he returned from the plane and was rushed to a hospital for alcohol poisoning. All of us tend to over-pack for trips. Often we find attractive food items in other countries and want to bring them back. Finally, we see a nice bottle of liquor or wine, and want to give it to a friend. It is important to pack carefully when we go abroad. Officials are watching more closely than ever.

• 英訳にてこずってます・・・

英訳なのですがHe must have noticed that I hadn't done a thind, because when his eyes met mine, his grin widened trimphantly. It was the thought of Kim that finally opened my eyes. He could not afford to give up music, for he owend it to himself not to waste his talent. という文章なのです。教科書の一文なのでつながりとかがわからないかもしれないですが単純に文章の意味を教えてください。あとは自分でつなげてみます。とりあえず最初の方のdone a thindとかhis grin widened trimphantlyのあたりがよくわかりません。よろしくおねがいします。

• The Dark Glassesからの英文です。

Then he took up the pen. I can still smell the rain and hear it thundering about me, and feel it dripping on my head from the bough hanging above me. He raised his eyes and looked out at the rain. It seemed his eyes rested on me, at my station between the tree and the window. I kept still and close to the tree like a hunted piece of nature, willing myself to be the colour of bark and leaves and rain. Then I realized how much more clearly I could see him than he me, for it was growing dark. Muriel SparkのThe Dark Glassesからの英文です。 主人公は15歳ぐらいの女の子です。 he=検眼士です。 窓の外から主人公が検眼士の様子を窺っている場面です。 ------------------------------------------ ●It seemed his eyes rested on me, at my station ~・・・ここのmy stationとはどういう意味ですか? ●I kept still and close to the tree like a hunted piece of nature, willing myself to be the colour of bark and leaves and rain.について a hunted piece of natureとはどういう意味ですか? ●Then I realized how much more clearly I could see him than he meについて he meのつながりがわかりません。どう読むのでしょうか? 前文は He did extract one long sheet of paper, and held it up. It was typewritten with a paragraph in handwriting at the bottom on the side visible from the window. He laid it side by side with another sheet of paper which was lying on the desk. I pressed close up to the window, intending to wave and smile if I was seen, and to call out that I was sheltering from the rain which was now coming down in thumps. But he kept his eyes on the two sheets of paper. There were other papers lying about the desk; I could not see what was on them. But I was quite convinced that he had been practising handwriting on them, and that he was in the process of forging his mother's will. となっています。 教えてください。宜しくお願いします。