• ベストアンサー
  • すぐに回答を!

英訳お願いします。

He was safely indoors with his old friend who was pretending to be younger than his years by rolling on to his back and letting his front paws flop helplessly. He wanted his chest tickled. As Peter began to move his fingers lightly through the fur, the rumbling noise grew louder, so loud that every bone in the old cat's body rattled. And then, William stretched out a paw to Peter's fingers and tried to draw them up higher. Peter let the cat guide his hand. `Do you want me to tickle your chin?' he murmured. But no. The cat wanted to be touched right at the base of his throat. Peter felt something hard there. It moved from side to side when he touched it. Something had got trapped in the fur. Peter propped himself on an elbow in order to investigate. He parted the fur. At first he thought he was looking at a piece of jewellery, a little silver tag. But there was no chain, and as he poked and peered he saw that it was not metal at all. but polished bone, oval and flattened in the centre, and most curiously of all, that it was attached to William Cat's skin. The piece of bone fitted well between his forefinger and thumb. He tightened his grip and gave a tug. William Cat's purr grew even louder. Peter pulled again, downwards, and this time he felt something give.

共感・応援の気持ちを伝えよう!

• 回答数2
  • 閲覧数84
  • ありがとう数0

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • 回答No.2

彼は、ごろんと寝転がって前足を力なくパタパタさせることで実際の年齢 よりも若いふりをしている彼の年老いた友人と共に、安全な屋内にいた。 彼は胸をくすぐってぼしがった。ペーターが指で軽く毛をなで始めると、 ゴロゴロいう声が大きくなり、その年老いた猫の体中の骨がすべてガタガタ鳴る ほどまでになった。そして、それから、ウイリアムはペーターの指に前足を 伸ばして、指をもっと高い位置に引っ張りあげようとした。ペーターは、 猫に自分の手をゆだねた。 「あごをくすぐって欲しいのか?」彼はつぶやいた。 でもそうではなかった。猫は、ちょうどのどの下の部分を触って欲しかったのだ。 ペーターは、そこに何か固いものがあるのを感じた。彼が触ると、それは右に 左に動いた。何かが毛に絡まっていた。ペーターは、調べるために肘で身体を 支えた。 彼は毛を搔き分けてみた。はじめ、彼は自分が見ているのは装身具、小さな銀の タグかと思った。しかし鎖はなく、つっついたり覗いたりして、それがぜんぜん 金属ではないことに気づいた。それは、磨きあげられた骨で中央が平らな楕円形 をしており、もっとも好奇心をそそることに、猫のウイリアムの肌にくっつけ られていた。 その骨のかけらは、彼の人差し指と親指の間にちょうど収まった。彼は、骨を つかんだ指に力を入れ、引っ張ってみた。猫のウイリアムのゴロゴロいう声は、 ますます大きくなった。ペーターは、今度は下向きに、もう一度引っ張ってみた。 そして今度は、何かが取れるのを感じた。

共感・感謝の気持ちを伝えよう!

関連するQ&A

• 和訳をお願いします!

和訳をお願いします! I think that he’s an incredible dreamer, incredibly naïve, he’s incredibly smart in what he wants to be smart at he’s one of those guys that knows ten thousand little things but doesn’t know much about one big thing and it was really fun, it was really fun to read and... Again there was something inspiring about it, there was something child like about it. There was something oddly brave about it and the thing that was very cool about the part to me was that he’s a simple guy and in his simplicity he doesn’t over think the world. And so he just lets the world happen to him and I think that that’s a blessing a lot of the time. ある俳優のインタビューです。 自分の役柄について聞かれ答えているのですが、どうしても意味が理解できないんです。。。 長文ですが宜しくお願いしますm(_ _)m

• 英訳お願いします。

(12)“Ahem ! ahem ! ” he said, and everybody listened except the the poor Catherine Wheel, who was still shaking her head, and murmuring, “Romance is dead.” (13)“Order ! order !” cried out a Cracker. He was something of a politician, and had always taken a prominent part in the local elections, so he knew the proper Parliamentary expressions to use. (14)“Quite dead.” whispered the Catherine Wheel, and she went off to sleep. (15)As soon as there was perfect silence, the Rocket coughed a third time and began. He spoke with a very slow, distinct voice, as if he were dictating his memoirs, and always looked over the shoulder of the person to whom he was talking . In fact, he had a most distinguished manner. (16)“How fortunate it is for the King's son,” he remarked, “that he is to be married on the very day on which I am to be let off. Really, if it had been arranged beforehand, it could not have turned out better for him; but Princes are always lucky.” (17)“Dear me !” said the little Squib, “I thought it was quite the other way, and that we were to be let off in the Prince's honour.” (18)“It may be so with you,” he answered; “inded, I have no doubt that it is, but with me it is different. I am a very remarkable Rocket, and come of remarkable parents. My mother was the most celebrated Catherine Wheel of her day, and was renowned for her graceful dancing. When she made her great public appearance she spun round nineteen times before she went out, and each time that she did so she threw into the air seven pink stars.

• 和訳お願い致します。

He liked to get right down to William's level, and to put his face up close to the cat's abd see how extraordinary it really was, how beautifully non-human, with spikes of black hair sprouting in a globe from a tiny face beneath the fur, and the white whiskers with their slight downwards curve, and the eyebrow hairs shooting up like radio antennae, and the pale green eyes with their upright slits, like doors ajar into a world Peter could never enter. 少し長いんですが、お願いします><

その他の回答 (1)

• 回答No.1

彼はバックに上を転動し、なすすべもなく彼の前足のフロップをさせることで彼の年よりも若いふりをしていた彼の旧友との屋内で安全になった。 彼は胸をくすぐられていました。ピーターは毛皮を通して軽く彼の指を移動するにつれ、腹鳴は、古い猫の体内のあらゆる骨がガタガタするように大声で大きく成長しました。 そしてその後、ウィリアムは、ピーターの指に足を伸ばし、より高いそれらを描くことを試みた。 ピーターは、猫が彼の手を導くことができます。 `あなたは私があなたの顎をくすぐるか?"彼はつぶやいた。 しかし、ない。猫は、右の彼の喉の基盤に触れることを望んだ。 ピーターはそこにハードなものを感じた。彼がそれを触ると左右に移動。 何かが毛皮の中に閉じ込めてしまっていた。ピーターは、調べるために、肘に自分自身を立てかけられ。 彼は毛皮を分けた。最初は彼はジュエリーの作品、小さな銀のタグを見ていたと思った。 しかしそこにはチェーンはなかった、と彼は突きとピアとして、彼はそれがすべてで金属ではなかったことを見た。 しかしそれはウィリアム猫の皮膚に添付されている洗練された骨、楕円と中心に平坦化され、最も奇妙なすべての。 骨の部分は、彼の人差し指と親指の間によくフィット。彼はグリップを締めとタグボートを与えた。 ウィリアム猫のゴロゴロは、さらに大きく成長しました。ピーターは、再び引っ張ら下方、そして今回は彼が何かを犠牲感じた。 直訳しました。

共感・感謝の気持ちを伝えよう!

関連するQ&A

• 翻訳をお願い致します!

Dean and I wanted to do something, we wanted to be part of the 12.12.12 concert but we ran it by Scott [Weiland] and he didn't want to do it. I think he was already booked to actually go back and do Starland at the time [his shows were rescheduled to other venues in December of 2012]. He was doing the solo stuff and [because of that] we didn't have the chance to go back. That's pretty fucking frustrating man. So to come back here now and re-open this, it means a lot. It's a really big deal for Dean and I.” Stone Temple Pilots fired Weiland in February and Chester Bennington replaced him in May.

• 日本語訳お願いします。

Going to the shore on the first morning of the vacation, Jerry stopped and looked at a wild and rocky bay, and then over to the crowded beach he knew so well from other years. His mother looked back at him. “Are you tired of the usual beach, Jerry?” “Oh, no!” he said quickly, but then said, “I’d like to look at those rocks down there.” “Of course, if you like.” Jerry watched his mother go, then ran straight into the water and began swimming. He was a good swimmer. He swam out over the gleaming sand and then he was in the real sea. He saw some older, local boys — men, to him — sitting on the rocks. One smiled and waved. It was enough to make him feel welcome. In a minute, he had swum over and was on the rocks beside them. Then, as he watched, the biggest of the boys dived into the water, and did not come up. Jerry gave a cry of alarm, but after a long time the boy came up on the other side of a big dark rock, letting out a shout of victory. Immediately the rest of them dived and Jerry was alone. He counted the seconds they were under water: one, two, three… fifty… one hundred. At one hundred and sixty, one, then another, of the boys came up on the far side of the rock and Jerry understood that they had swum through some gap or hole in it. He knew then that he wanted to be like them. He watched as they swam away and then swam to shore himself. Next day he swam back to the rocks. There was nobody else there. He looked at the great rock the boys had swum through. He could see no gap in it. He dived down to its base, again and again. It took a long time, but finally, while he was holding on to the base of the rock, he shot his feet out forward and they met no obstacle. He had found the hole. In the days that followed, Jerry hurried to the rocks every morning and exercised his lungs as if everything, the whole of his life, depended on it.

• 長文ですがどなたか翻訳をお願いします。

翻訳できる方がいらっしゃいましたらよろしくお願いします。 The school he went to was dictatorial and wealthy. It was an elaborate artistic building. Possibly one that was founded by a Princess or named after a Princess and bore her image, or arms, or monument and dedication in the building. It was not a school that will appear in the annals of history though, or ever be famous, nothing special. But it was well thought of in the local community and a school to aspire towards there. So I suppose you could say he had a good schooling in that respect. A school that may have had a traditional outlook. In his schooldays he gained physical health and strength. Though his in his early years he was not so strong. As a pupil he has a good memory, but was introspective, and held himself back not always doing the best he could have done in his lessons. His family would have helped him as much as they could at school, and to get a good education. but he may later have forgotten the help he owes to them. He would have had musical or singing ability; good at history, gambling. politics, figures and sports. Town planning and technical drawing. Once he adapted to the school he got well with the other children and way of life. At school he was an achiever, who adapted to change, and began to find a little of his adult charisma and ability to succeed, so was bound eventually to get on at whatever he chose to do. He also became proficient there in making excuses and telling lies to extricate himself from difficult or punishing situations.

• 英訳お願いいたします

早めに回答頂けると嬉しいです。 Omg I was at gym today and wore tight shorts and girl stare... at them so much lol Lol... it's too big to hide, I hate it Well I have to live with this curse lol この文を自分なりに訳してみました。 今日ジムにいたんだけど、タイトなパンツを履いてたら、女の子たちがめっちゃガン見してきてさ笑 それは、大きすぎて隠せなかった、私はそれが嫌いです。 だからこの呪いと一緒に過ごさなけれならないのよ笑 て言う訳になったんですけど、いまいちわかりません。どなたか回答頂けると嬉しいです。お願いいたします。

• 日本語訳お願いします。

He counted how long he could hold his breath. Each day he improved his time. Even back at home he timed himself by the clock, and was proud to find he could hold his breath for two minutes. The authority of the clock brought close the adventure that was so important to him. The day after tomorrow, his mother reminded him casually one morning, they must go home. He swam straight out to the rock and looked down into the water. This was the moment when he would try. If he did not do it now, he never would. He filled his lungs, started to count, and dived to the bottom. He was soon inside the dark, narrow hole. The water pushed him up against the roof. The roof was sharp and hurt his back. He pulled himself along with his hands — fast, fast. His head knocked against something; a sharp pain dizzied him. He counted: one hundred… one hundred and fifteen. The hole had widened! He gave himself a kick forward and swam as fast as he could. He lost track of time and said one hundred and fifteen to himself again. Then he saw light. Victory filled him. His hands, reaching forward, met nothing; and his feet propelled him out into the open sea. He floated to the surface, pulled himself up onto the rock and lay face down, catching his breath. After a time he felt better and sat up. Then he swam to shore and climbed slowly up the path to the house. His mother came to meet him, smiling. “Have a nice time?” she asked. “Oh, yes, thank you,” he said. “How did you cut your head?” “Oh, I just cut it.” They sat down to lunch together. “Mom,” he said, “I can hold my breath for two minutes — three minutes.” “Can you, darling?” she said. “Well, you shouldn’t overdo it. You look a bit pale. I don’t think you ought to swim any more today.” She was ready for a battle of wills, but he gave in at once. It was no longer of the least importance to go to the bay.

• 和訳お願いします。

Many things came to pass,and it was only Edison who could and had to ferret them out.It seemed that destiny hinted to him that he now had his system working on which he had labored some years,but it would have to pass through the infant period during which so many changes take place.   Edison was everywhere,for his occupations were multifarious;and all looked to him for advice when anything went wrong.The memorable day when the Pearl Street Central Station was started in regular operation happened to be September 4,1882.On that day John W.Lieb,the electrician of the station,was deputized by Edison to close the main switch,thereby permitting the current to flow into the underground conductors,and thus to start the regular operation of this novel enterprise.This act required that Lieb stand on his tiptoes,and finding that the catch of the switch didn't work properly,he had to hang on to its handle untill William D.MacQuesten,Lieb's assistant at the time,brought a bench and pushed the catch into the pawl that locked and held it.

• 以下の英訳をお願いします。

ネットの投稿サイトの文章なのですが、辞書を引いても意味がわからない文章がいくつかあったので、 教えてください。 1.She promised she wouldn't leave without telling me and my sisters bye first. She layed there in pain till we arrived and said bye, seconds later that was it.  ※特に「seconds later that was it.」のthatとitが不明 2.The little girl down the road went through the same things. She was only 7 and going to testify against her own dad. ※特に「down the road」が不明 3.The other day he practically saved his brother's life by stepping in the middle of his father beating his brother. ※特に「stepping in the middle of」が不明 4.I had a relaxing night watching movies with my room-mates. Everyone but I had a girl over to lie with during the movie. The closest I got all night was the multiple times my room-mate's dog tried to mount me. ※全体的に意味がわかりません。 ちょっと下品な内容もあるかと思いますが、よろしくお願いいたします。 4つもあるので、わかるものだけでも結構です。

• 日本語訳をお願いいたします。

Michael Mulford's father Mark survived the battle as a teenager aboard the HMS Malaya, which was hit eight times with the loss of more than 60 men. Mr Mulford said his father, then 19, had watched as the bodies were sewn into hammocks and released over the side. He told the BBC: "I can't really imagine it because what he ever said about it was absolutely nothing - which speaks volumes for the horror of raw naval warfare. "This was duty, this was service, but whatever else, it was nothing you could talk about at the dinner table. It was not something to regale the grandchildren with. It was long ago, it was dreadful but it had to be done and was done." Mr Mulford added: "Today is a day for peace and reconciliation."

• 英訳をお願いしたいです。

『最初、それは彼の趣味の一つにすぎなかった。 だが、彼はだんだんそれにのめり込んでいった。』 という分を英語にしたいです。 一つ目は At first, it was just a hobby for him. At first, it was one of his hobbies. とかでいいかなぁ、と思うのですが2つ目の文がよくわかりません。 特に「だんだん」というニュアンスの出し方を教えていただきたいです。 (1つ目ももっと良い文があったら教えて欲しいです。) よろしくお願いします。

• どのような意味でしょうか

I am engaged to be married to a wonderful man. We had a bit of a rocky start with his lying to me about a past escapade he had before we met. He was embarrassed about it and lied, but I found out anyway. Since then, he’s been wonderfully open and honest and we even exchanged email and Facebook passwords as a way to set a general policy of openness in our relationship. Well, curiosity was killing this cat and, though nothing particular prompted it, I looked at his emails and saw some old ones from before we met between him and his ex-girlfriend. curiosity was killing this catはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします