• ベストアンサー

下の英文の"we were it"?

どのように訳されますか? He always without fail, went out with the most beautiful woman around. We couldn't understand it. We thought we were it but we couldn't get the girls.

• 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数3

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • ca-jp
  • ベストアンサー率56% (123/219)
回答No.2

>We thought we were it but we couldn't get the girls. この場合の「it」は《俗語》 性的魅力,「イット」です。言葉では表現できないようなセクシャルアピール。 僕たちは、性的魅力を持っていたと思っていたが、女の子をつかまえられなかった。 注意:他の意味で一般に使われるのは、You(I, you,she,he,we) got it! 「やっと分かったのね(あなたは話しが今やっと軌道に乗れたのね)」とか「その通り」とか会話の内容に依りけりです。

arigato0
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございました。納得です。

その他の回答 (1)

• sayshe
  • ベストアンサー率77% (4555/5904)
回答No.1

彼はいつも必ず、とびきりの美人とデートしていた。私たちは、理解に苦しんだ。私たちは、自分が最高だと思っていたが、女の子をつかまえられなかった。 it は次に辞書の 「it2【名詞】2. a.」ではないでしょうか? http://ejje.weblio.jp/content/it あるいは、次の辞書では、「【代名】6.」あたりと解釈することもできるかもしれません。 http://eow.alc.co.jp/it/UTF-8/?ref=sa

arigato0
質問者

お礼

関連サイトまで教えていただき、ありがとうございました。

関連するQ&A

• 下の英文で間違っているところ、不自然な表現、あまり聞かない表現などがあ

下の英文で間違っているところ、不自然な表現、あまり聞かない表現などがあればおしえてください。 One Saturday evening my boyfriend Hiroshi and I went to a concert. On our way to a concert hall, we met a foreigner having(carrying?) a traveling bag. He was looking around for something with a map in his hand. He seemed at a loss for which way to go. Then I went up and talked to him. He told me he was looking for a hotel, showing me the map.I I knew where the hotel was and suggested to him that I take him there. Hiroshi seemed worried about whether we could arrive before the starting time for a concert. But I couldn't leave him as he was a total stranger here and couldn't understand Japanese at all. We walked to the hotel for a while, and arrived there. He deeply thanked me and we separated. Meanshile, Hiroshi seemed so irritated because it was almost seven o'clock when the concert was scheduled to begin. After leaving the hotel, we went to the concert hall in a hurry. When we got to the hall, it was fifteen minutes past seven. Unfortunately we were not allowed to enter the inside by a hall clerk. Naturally, Hiroshi got mad at me.

• 英文の添削をお願いします.No2

ハワイなんてどこででも日本語が通じると思っていたけど、思ったより日本語が通用しなかった。 前回行ったのは、7年前。その時は英語が全然話せなかった.でも,今回は前回に比べて英語が分かったので 「英語が分かるってやっぱ便利だ」と実感した。 I thought I can get though Japanese language everywehere in Hawaii. However people don\'t understand that than I think. I went to Hawaii 7 years ago, At that time I couldn\'t speak English at all. This time I was able to understand English more than before. I realize that it\'s very convinent to be able to speak English. I had thought Japanese would be always available everywehere in Hawaii. But I unexpectedlly had difficulties. The last time I went was 7 years ago. At that time I couldn\'t make myself understood in English at all, but this time could get to communicate in English, so I realized it\'s very useful to be able to speak English. わたし達がロスから帰った次の日から、ロスは雨が続いているらしい。滞在中に雨が降らなくて良かった。 I hear that it is been raining in LA since the next day we returned from there. I am happy that it didn\'t rain during our stay

• 二つの文はどのように違いますか?

「あなたがいなかったらそれをすることは出来なかったでしょう」 I couldn't do it without you. I couldn’t have done it without you. この二つの文はどのように違いますか? どうぞよろしくお願いします。

• Emerson Pughという人が言ったたった一文を翻訳

Emerson Pughという人が言った一文が訳せそうで訳せません。 この人が何者だか分かりませんが、人工知能に関する本に書かれていた一文です。 If the human brain were so simple that we could understand it, we would be so simple that we couldn't it (1977). もしヒトの脳が私たちが理解できるほど単純だったとすれば、 私たちはとても単純だろう、それ(私たちが脳を理解すること)ができないほど。 と訳してみました。 うーん、意味が分かりません。矛盾してます。 分かる方、平たい和訳または解釈をお願いします。 哲学のカテで質問した方がいいのかなぁ…。

• よろしくお願いします

My husband and I were raised to eat dinner with our families. We ate what Mom prepared, or we went without. we went withoutはどのような意味でしょうか?withoutの後に何か省略されているでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 次の英文の和訳をよろしくお願いします。

次の英文の和訳をよろしくお願いします。 Then,too,we have an appendix we don't need.The appendix is very handy for some herbivores;a rabbit couldn't get along without one.The human diet,however,makes an appendix unnecessary,so it has dwindled away in the process of evolution,but not entirely.

• We are not close.

It is in our collective behavier that we are most mysterious.We won't construct machines like ourselves until we've understood this, and we're not close. All we know is the phenomenon. この we're not close. とはどういう意味でしょうか?教えて頂けないでしょうか?よろしくお願い致します。

• すっかり忘れてしまいました。

すみません 上手く調べられませんでした。 関係代名詞です。 1) The party we went to last night wasn't fun. ★1) The party ( 省略可、that, which) we went ~. ☆1) The party ( to which ) we went last night wasn't~. 2)Unfortunately we couldn't go to the wedding (省略可、that, which) we were invited to. ☆2) Unfortunately we couldn't go to the wedding (to which ) we were invited. 上記の☆1)☆2)の書き方は あってますか? 確認したいです。 また、       3) Mike is a good person to know. He's somebody ( 省略可、who)you can rely on. ☆3) Mike is a good person to know. He's somebody (that) you can~. 上記の☆3)の 不定代名詞 先行詞なので thatが本当は好まれる。ってのも whichの場合で不定代名詞の先行詞はそうなんですが、somebody, anybody, everyone, nobody なども同じに考えてよかったか すっかり忘れました。調べてもこれといったものに行き着きませんでした。 確認したいです。 よろしくお願いいたします。

• 仮定法について

「I couldn't have done it without your help.(あなたの助けなしでは出来なかった。)」 質問(1)withoutはbut forに書き換えが可能ですか?また、その部分を"~があれば"と言いたいときはwithで合っていますか? 質問(2)「If you hadn't helped me, I couldn't have done it.」「If it hadn't been for your help, I couldn't have done it.」これら2つの英文は上の英文と同じ意味になりますか?前者は、なんとなく会話で使うとしたら、不自然なようにも思います。

• 至急!英文の穴埋めの添削をお願いします

1)Akio probably wouldn't act that way if he (were) in Japan. 2)If it (stopped) raining soon,shall we go out for a walk? 3)"I couldn't finish my homework yesterday." "If you (had asked) me,I would have helped." 4)It's about time you (went) home. 5)(Had I known) it was going to rain,I would have brought an umbrella. 6)Naoto is a good skier. I wish I (could ski) like him. 7)If Rod had followed my advice at that time,he (would be) happy now. 8)(Without) your financial help,we wouldn't be able to carry out our plan. 9)Nicola swims very well as if she (were) a mermaid. 10)Ron might be earning a better income if he (had studied) more when he was a student. 英文が多くてすみませんm(__)m ()内の添削をよろしくお願いします。 よかったら日本語訳も加えてくださると助かります。 よろしくお願いします。