• ベストアンサー

英語の正誤問題で質問です

The World Trade Center, the tallest skyscraper in New York City, is eight floors taller than the Empire State Building. 解答に is eight floorsの所のis→has と書いてあるのですが 何故ここがhasになるのでしょうか? 解説をお願いします><

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • snaporaz
  • ベストアンサー率40% (939/2342)
回答No.1

貿易センタービルは110階建て、エンパイアステートビルは102階建てで、前者が8フロア高いので、その文に間違いはありません。has にはなりません。ただし、2001年のあの日以降なら、正しくは was であるはずです。 それが早稲田の過去問であるとしたら、下記を参照してください。 http://morimine.sakura.ne.jp/H/G/seigo.shtml

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

その他の回答 (1)

• sanori
  • ベストアンサー率48% (5664/11798)
回答No.2

こんにちは。 あなたが疑問に思うのは当然で、 "eight floors taller than ~" (~より8階高い) ということですから、その前にはbe動詞が来なければいけません。 has が正しいわけがありません。 tall という形容詞に対して動詞ではおかしいです。

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

関連するQ&A

• 英語の比較の問題で困っています。

比較の問題で困っているのでだれか教えてください。お願いします。 Q次の英文がほぼ同じ意味になるように、空所に適語を補いなさい。 1.The beautiful shrine is older than any other building in my hometown.   =The beautiful shrine is (  )(  ) building in my hometown. 2.He doesn't have as many good ideas as I.    =He has (  ) good ideas (  ) I. 3.He is five centimeters taller than I am.    =He is taller than I (  ) five centimeters.

• これであってますでしょうか?回答お願いいたします。

授業で聞き損なった所で、自分なりにやったみたのですが、間違っていたらすいませんが、訂正をお願いいたします。 The moon is not so large as the earth.(the earthを主語とし比較級に)↓ The earth is larger than the moon. Noh is more formal than Kabuki.(歌舞伎を主語とし原級に) ↓ Kabuki is formal. San Marino is the oldest republic in the world.(比較級に) ↓ San Marino is older than any other republic in the world. Giraffes are taller than any other animals.(最上級に) ↓ Giraffe is the tallest of any other animals.

• 英語問題

お願いします! Aに関しては翻訳も A 入る語を下から選び適切な形に 1The countryside has () vegetables  than cities. 2Which are more (),cities or country  areas? 3The countryside is () than the city. 4You may not have as( )information  in the country as in the city. [ crowded fresh much quiet ] B並べ替え 1都会の生活の方が田舎よりやることがたくさんあるので好き I like life in the city because there are (things/more/to do) than in the country. 2日常生活は田舎よりも都会の方が生活のペースが速い Everyday life is(than/faster/in the city/in the country). 3田舎の生活は都会の生活と同じくらいよいと考える人達もいる Some people think that (as/as/country life/good/is)city life.

• 『トムはクラスで誰よりも一番背が高い』を英語で?

AとB, 2つ質問があります。 まずAの質問です。 『トムはクラスで誰よりも一番背が高い(少年)です。』を英文で書くと、 Tom is the tallest boy in his class. になりますが、 比較級を使って、 Tom is taller than any other boy in his class. とも言えると参考書に書かれています。 その場合、クラスにはたくさんの少年たちがいるにも拘わらす、 Tom is taller than any other boys in his class. と、なぜ、boys にならないのですか。 Bの質問です。 『この人は私が見たことのない美しい女性です。』の英文です。 This is the most beautiful woman I have ever seen.が正解ですが、 『今まで見たことがない』と書いてあるのに、never でなく、ever を使うのはなぜですか。 両方じゃなくても、AかBのどちらかでも結構です。 詳しく教えて下さい。よろしくお願いします。

• 比較の問題です。

クラスの中で1番背が高いのはMike, 2番目はTomです。 In my class, Tom is not as tall as Mike, but Tom is ( ) the other students. ( )の部分ですが、 (1)...but Tom is ( taller than ) the other students. (2).,.but Tom is ( the tallest of ) the other students. (1)(2)どちらも可能でしょうか? よろしくお願いします。

• 英語の問題がわかりません教えてください

英語の問題がわかりません教えてください 教えてください、解説があるととてもありがたいです 次の英文を日本語に訳しなさい Run as fast as you can. The sky became darker and darker. I wanted to speak English as well as she could. My grandfather is worse than he was yesterday. This stone is almost five times as heavy as that one. 次の2つの文が同じ内容となるように空欄を埋めなさい The Shinano is the longest river in Japan. The Shinano is □ □ any □ river in Japan. No other student in his class is as handsome as Bill. Bill is □ □ □ other student in his class. your camera is better than mine. □ camera is not so □ □ □ He prefers oranges to apples. He □ oranges □ □ apples. 多いですけどよろしくお願いします。

• 英語の和訳の問題

次の英語の問題の解答をどなたかお願い出来ないでしょうか 答えが無いのと体調がすぐれない為 思う様に進められません 宜しくお願いします。 次の英文を日本語に訳しなさい  ・ He is sure to succeed .  ・ What do you say to taking a walk ?   ・ Everyone looks up to him .  ・ The higher you climb , the colder it becomes .  ・ He has no less than twelve children . 恐縮ですが 答えと合わせて解説の様なものも頂けると助かります 宜しくお願い致します。

• 英語の翻訳をお願いいたしますm(__)m

New York City has a special personality. It's the home of thousands of artists, singers, and celebrities from a great variety of backgrounds. More than 50 million tourists travel there each year to enjoy the amazing sights and sounds. With so much to offer, it’s easy to see why the city’s nickname is the Big Apple. New York City has long had an important place in American history. For millions of immigrants in the 19th and 20th centuries, it was their point of entry into the USA. Greeting them was the Statue of Liberty, a gift from France to the USA in 1886. The city is also the home of the United Nations, the New York Stock Exchange, and the offices of many international companies. The city is made up of five sections, or “boroughs”: Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, the Bronx, and Staten Island. Although the city is spread out, its 8.4 million residents can easily get around on the subway system, which has 26 routes and 468 stations. Every year, more than 1.6 million riders use the system. There is plenty to see and do in the city that never sleeps. People love visiting the Empire State Building, Central Park, and Rockefeller Center. Plus, there are great museums like the Met and MoMA. Attending shows on Broadway, enjoying concerts at Lincoln Center, taking in games at famous stadiums, and eating at fancy restaurants are also popular with locals and tourists. Many of these activities are expensive, as are hotels. Spending $300 a night in Manhattan is common. But one of the best things about New York City is free- walking around interesting neighborhoods like Greenwich Village and Chinatown. Each neighborhood has its own character, but they all have one thing in common. Though their residents may come from many countries and cultures, they’re all proud to call themselves New Yorkers.

• 英語 問題

与えられた書き出しで始まるように、次の文を言いかえて下さい。 1 Our city has an art museum in its cencer. →There is ____. 2 You can get to the soccer stadium in ten minutes by bus. →It takes _____. 3 About 35,000 people live in this town. →This town has ____. 4 Our town festival is near at hand. →Our town festival is just ____.

• 英語問題

1:That tall man () just come in my father. (1)whose has (2)who has (3)whom has (4)which has 2:Ynkohama is the city () population is the second largest in Japan. (1)that (2)which (3)whom (4)whose 3:The woman () I thought was her mother turned out to be a total stranger. (1)who (2)whose (3)about whom (4)whom 4:This is the house () he lived when young. (1)which (2)in which (3)in that (4)what 5:Japan is one of the few countries () people drive on the left. (1)how (2)what (3)where (4)which 解答と訳をお願いします