• ゲッティ美術館が所有していた絵画がナチスの略奪品と判明し、元の持ち主遺族に返却されることになりました。
  • 持ち主の義理の娘が絵画を追跡してきた長年の努力が実を結び、彼女の成功は全国を旅する展覧会で紹介されました。
  • 展覧会は火曜日にサンフランシスコで閉幕し、修復された作品45点が義父の絵画と一致していることが確認されました。

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • cbm51910
  • ベストアンサー率60% (460/762)
回答No.1

ここで言っている "Her successes" とは、「彼女の戦利品(成功して得た品物)」のことを指しているのだと思います。つまりそれは「回収された( "recover"した)義父の絵画」のことです。ここを理解すればあとは楽だと思います。 「彼女の戦利品(彼女によって回収された絵画)は各地で開催された巡回展に出品され、火曜日には閉幕地となるサンフランシスコで展示される。展示されるのは、(義父の)コレクションの内、回収された45点である。」

noname#145744
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます。 あっ、そういう意味だったんですか! 今までに回収された絵画が、45点あって、 それらが全国を巡回中だということなんですか!(目からウロコ...) 私、すっかり読み間違えしていました(恥) 今までに、すでに回収されている絵画があるということに、考えが到りませんでした。 でも、言われてみれば、納得...。 "Successes" は、複数形ですものね。(この点、私も腑に落ちなかったのですが。) スッキリいたしました ヾ(*´∀`*)ノ 嬉♪ 質問してよかったです! cbm51910 さま、これからも、よろしくお願いいたしますね★

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

その他の回答 (1)

• bakansky
  • ベストアンサー率48% (3502/7245)
回答No.2

やけに分りにくい文のように感じられました。でも、意味はお示しの通りではないでしょうか。 Her tour in an exhibition around the country has ended Tuesday in San Francisco recovering 45 featured pieces from the collection to her success. みたいな意味の文なのではないでしょうか (私の書き換えた英文は変かもしれませんが)。

noname#145744
質問者

お礼

ご丁寧なご回答ありがとうございます♪ NO.1 の方のからいただいたご回答から、よくよく考えてみた結果、 どうやら、私、読み間違いを起こしていたみたいです。 彼女(義理の娘)は、義父が所有していた作品のうち、45点を すでに回収しており、それら(="her successes")が、現在、 全国を巡回中であるということのようです。 私、いままでにすでに回収された絵画があるということに、考えが いたりませんでした。(恥) 「彼女が今までに回収した作品は、現在、全国の巡回展に出品されている。  なお、巡回展は、火曜日にサンフランシスコで閉幕するが、彼女が  回収した義父のコレクション、45作品が呼び物であった。」 と、自分なりに訳しなおしてみました。 bakansky さま、私のために、わざわざ英文まで書き直してくださって、 本当に感謝感激です! また、今後ともよろしくお願いいたしますね♪ o(_ _*)o  

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

関連するQ&A

• 文法的な解説をお願いします。

At last I decided to go over to England, but I hardly knew a word of English, and no more of England than did any tolerably educated man in my country. I had an admiration for her traditions and social achievements, but no acquaintance with particular qualities I witnessed later. この英文のno more of England than did any tolerably educated man in my countryの個所がよくわかりません。

• 英訳の分からないところお願いします。

お世話になります。 Even now Victoria puts in the hours, whether it is practising dance routines or conducting publicity tours around the country, her workload would stop a lesser mortal in his or her tracks. *今でさえビクトリアは ダンスの振り付けの練習か国中を回る宣伝ツアーに時間を費やしている。 彼女の仕事(量)は・・・・・この続きお願いします。

• 解説をお願いします

一応自分でも解いてみたのですが、答えに自信がないので解説をお願いします。 上下の文が同じような意味を表すように、空所に適語を入れる問題です。 1. It seems that there were two temples near here. ( ) ( ) to have been two temples near here. 私は There seem を入れました。 2. It is impossible to stop her going abroad. There is ( ) ( ) her going abroad. これは全く分かりませんでした・・・。 カッコ内に誤りが1つあるので、それを指摘して正しく直す問題です。 1. It is time you (1. stopped) (2. to talk). All you (3. need to do) now is (4. put) your plan into action. 私は 2. to talk → talking にすれば良いと思いました(stopは~ingを取る動詞なので)。 2.It is our (1. neighbor's opinion) that if Kennedy were (2. alive today), the country (3. will) have (4. fewer problems) than it has now. 私は 3. will → would にしました(仮定法過去なので)。 3. (1. Almost) everybody had (2. a) racket in one hand (3. and) a ball in (4. another). 私は 1. Almost → Most of にしました。 4. John (1. has been talking) on the phone (2. for hours) when his friend (3. dropped by) his house (4. the other night). 私は 1. has been talking → had been talking にしました。 5. Becky's (1. old job) was (2. very stressful), but she (3. feels comfortably) at her (4. new one). 私は 3. feels comfortably → feels comfortable にしました(feelの後は形容詞が来る(?)ので)。 問題数が多いですが、回答宜しくお願いします。

• 訳を教えてください!

She recalled having been in a dark and lonely place, all alone, until the voice of what she thought must have been an angel started speaking, drawing her attention.

• 和訳を教えていただけますか?

次の長文の和訳を教えていただけますか? So it isthat the country is getting less and less peaceful , at least on sunny week-ends in the warm season of the year. The towns are emptied, and the country hums with acitvity, particularly around main roads and beauty spots. In the past this was not the case. For although the Englishman had always been a lover of the country, it is only in recent times that he has had the leisure with a longer week-end and the means with a family car to satisfy his love. But now such is the intersity with which he is pursuing his love , that the is killing the country with too much kindness. The result is only to transfer the noise and bustle of the town to the country every week-end. 長い文章ですが、よろしくお願いします

• 英文の一部だけ解説お願いします。

There was a time in my life when I would not have been so sensitive to my friend's feelings. I would have probably given her a sermon about the benefits of discipline and the dangers of overeating and poor nutrition. However, I would not have succeeded in doing anything but making my friend feel guilty and condemned. When she asked me to share ideas that might help her I did so, 『 but with an attitude that did not make her feel that I had it all together and she was a mess.』 I have discovered that one way to love people is to help them not to feel worse about the things they already feel bad about. (Joyce Meyerの本より抜粋) かぎカッコをつけた部分だけ文法も含めた解説をお願いします。

• knew not to say

和訳添削して頂けませんかm(_ _)m She knew not to say much around her father, an expert in the field of particle physics, lest she horn in on his bailiwick. 彼女は、素粒子物理学の分野では専門家の父親の領域に割り込まない為に、彼については何も言わない事が良いと知っていた。 knew not to say のところヘンな感じです。

• 意味を教えてください

I have been pet sitting for a good friend for several years now when she is out of town. I love her pets, and the extra money is always welcome. In the past year or so, I have become more particular about housekeeping in my own home. I find that I am grossed out by things in her home that did not used to bother me: unswept floors, mildew in the shower, pet hair on the sofa and beds, etc. Her house is neat enough, but grubby around the edges. particular about housekeepingとgrubby around the edgeの意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• has been … as …

英語やり直し組です The U.S. government has been among those criticizing the upcoming referendum as a possibly destabilizing factor in Northeast Asia. (1)has been … as …について この文は「これらの批判の中、アメリカ政府は今度の国民投票を北アジアの不安定要素とした(みなした?)」のような意味だと思うのですがbeenでもいいのでしょうか? regardedやnamedのような意味をbeenで言い換え可能なのでしょうか? I am her as an honest womanなどの言い方が可能とは思えないのですが、大丈夫なのでしょうか? お願いします。

• 英訳

次の3つの文の意味がよくわからないので教えてください。文の構造がよくわからないんです。 Assistance to the poor still being cut wealthy have been given significant tax breaks and incentives-welfare for the wealthfare. Working poor - an additional 10 million - those who earn up to 125% poverty. (125%povertyの意味がよくわかりません。) Every year spent as a child in poverty will cost an estimated $11,800 in lost future productivity in his/her adult life.