• ベストアンサー

英作文についての質問です

「彼はそのような事柄を重視するような父親ではなかった」 という問題文を解答例は He wasn't the kind of father to make much of such matters. と訳していました。 ここで質問なのですが、なぜ{father}に冠詞が付かないのですか? 回答の程、よろしくお願いします。

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
回答No.3

a (kind of) book とか the (kind of) father という感覚があるのは事実です。 kind of で「ちょっと」のような意味になったり, these kind of books のような英語もあるのです。 these kinds ももちろん正しいのですが, these (kind of) books という言い方もあります。 a kind of ~の of は同格です。 of の後が可算だろうが,不可算だろうが, a kind の方に置き換えられているような感覚です。 可算,不可算にかかわらず,「一種」,種類としては可算で1つ。 したがって,後に可算名詞の book とか,father がくる場合, a kind の方に可算性は移っている。 結局,#1 で申し上げたように,a/the kind of の後は どのような名詞かだけおけばいいということになります。

-turandot-
質問者

お礼

この度もまた、非常に解り易い回答をして戴き有難うございました! センター試験を控え、時間がいくらあっても足りない状況下 気がつかないまま、焦っている自分がいましたが あなた様からの回答を戴き、冷静さを取り戻すことができました。 本当に有難うございました!!!

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

その他の回答 (2)

回答No.2

My understanding is that you don't put a[n] infinitive or definitive article in the phrase, since the word "kind" is a countable noun. Speaking of which, the phrase should be "a kind of father." You can say "a kind of leadership/trouble/reasons, etc."

-turandot-
質問者

お礼

Thank you very much. I appreciate your kindness.

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。
回答No.1

「一種の~」a kind of ~ あるいは,その種が特定された the kind of ~の後にくるのは 不可算名詞 あるいは 可算名詞の単数 で,かつ名詞の前に冠詞はなしです。 a kind of book a kind of oil のように用います。 すなわち,可算にせよ不可算にせよ,無冠詞+単数形 です。 (kinds の場合は複数もあり,など,別ですが,ややこしくなるので割愛します) 種類を問題にしていて,その名詞が a がつくとか,the で限定されたとかは問題ではなく, その名詞がどのような意味のものであるかだけが問題になっています。

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

関連するQ&A

• 英作文の添削

What kind of person do you think makes a good friend? という問題に50字程度で解答する問題です。文法や単語の使い方が間違っていないか見てください。 I think I can make a good friends who is have own mind.It is because I can have good trust on he/she,and I don't care about how many friends have,but the deep and forever relation,andI have a friend who she is.

• 英作文 添削

英作文の添削をお願いします。 英作を見ていただけるような人が近くにおりませんので、見ていただきたく、質問させていただきます。 よろしくお願いいたします。 記憶は、全ての情緒的価値のある実経験が、その苦痛も難儀もなく存在している、別の形での経験である。例えば、戦争の勝利は、勝利の瞬間よりむしろ、勝利を記念して歓喜している時になお一層鮮明に感じられるものである。実際に経験している時には、その瞬間の自分のすべきことに没頭していて、人は刹那主義に生きている。 Memory is another experience that all of emotional experiences lie without its pain and difficulty. For example, victory of war make people feel much more vivid not so much a moment of victory as the time when we celebrate in commemoration of victory. When man experience actually, he is absorbed in what he should do and man seems to live for the moment.

• so little money という表現について。

問題の解説がなくて困っております。 問題 We had ( ) money available for education that the school had to close. 1.so little 2.such little 3.so much 4.such much で、so~that、such~thatの識別の問題と思うのですが、( )の後に、moneyという名詞が来ているので、私は、2.such little を選んだのですが、解答は1.so littleでした。確かに、『such(+冠詞)+形容詞+名詞』という形のほかに、『so+形容詞+冠詞+名詞』という形をとる事は知っていたのですが、「suchの場合、冠詞の省略はできるが、soの場合、冠詞の省略は出来ない」と、どこかで読んだ事があり、such little を選んだのですが、解答は、so little でした。 もし、soの場合でも、冠詞を省略することが出来るのであれば、たとえば、これも問題として載っていたのですが This is ( ) spicy food that I can't finish it. という所に、such が本来の正解ですが、soの冠詞が省略された形として、これも解答になり得るという事になります。何か文法的な根拠があるのでしょうか?よろしくお願いします。

• 英作文の添削をお願いします

オンライン英会話がテーマの自由英作文です(後半) On the other hand, there are a lot of online English schools which offer low price lessons to us using Skype. Their prices are lower than even 200 yen per lesson when we choose affordable packages. In terms of opportunities of speaking, it is of great help for improvement to make use of them. If you want to learn English conversation, first I recommend you have lessons of such online schools. Then if you study by yourself simultaneously to help your conversation become better, I can assure you that your English conversation will be getting much better. 後半はなんとなくyouで通しましたが、よくわかりません よろしくお願いします

• 英作文の添削お願いします。

ちょっと練習してきたので以前よりはよくなってると思います。また環境についての自由英作文です。 「今日の環境問題について100語程度の英語で書きなさい」 The disadvantage of technological advances is that they have caused various environmental problems. One of the greatest inventions is automobile, but now automobile exhaust provides one of the major causes of pollution. For example, it contributes to acid rain and this kills many trees in many areas of the world. And the burning fossil fuels such as oil, coal and natural gas gives off too much carbon dioxide. This leads to the global warming. In reality, it seems to be the most serious problems we face. It is high time all countries in the world worked together to save our earth by reducing the greenhouse effect. 細かい部分も見ていただけると大変助かりますが、何せ長いのでまずは文章の論理展開がつながっているかを見ていただけたらと思います。あとは冠詞が自信ないのでそこも見ていただけると幸いです。 よろしくお願いします!

• 大学受験対策の英作文の添削をお願いします。

問題文 「勉強もそうだが、頭を使う作業では、あまりたっぷり時間があってはいけない。 たとえば、日曜日。そのつもりになれば一日中勉強ができる。 あれもこれもと欲張った計画を立てるが、その通りにいったためしがない。」 When you have much free time, you shouldn't do a task to consider such as studying. For example, on Sunday you can study all day if you decide to do so. You make too many plans, only to fail to finish all of them. 模範解答は手元にあるので、不適切な部分を添削していただくと助かります。 では、お願いします^^

• think much of 「~を重視する」

think much of ~ と make much of ~ は、どちらも「~を重視する」という意味が出てるんですけど、両者の意味はどう違うのですか?それから、think light of ~ と make light of ~ も、両者の意味はどう違うのですか?

• 英作文練習・添削

英作文を練習しています。 TOEFLや英検準1級以上で通用するレベルまで作文力を磨きたいと思っています。 回答を添削できる方がいらっしゃいましたら、どんな小さなことでもかまいませんので、(スペルミスや、コンマや冠詞の使い方、表現がまずい、など)アドバイスをお願いします!! 加えて、英作文の練習について、なにかいい方法や情報をお持ちの方は、ぜひ教えてください!! よろしくお願いします!! **************************** 【問題】 近年、海外進出する(seeking their jobs outside Japan)日本人のスポーツ選手がますます増える傾向(stream)にあります。このことについて、あなたの意見を述べなさい。 【私の解答】 Some people say that the stream of Japanese professional sports players seeking their jobs outside Japan is not good but I do not think so. Here I have two poins to make. First, I think as some Japanese professional sports players find better job in foreign countries and flourish especially by earning a lots of money and rising in their honor , the other sports players would have more motivation. Moreover, that would lead to improve Japanese players skill and revel. Secondly, when Japanese player act vigorously, that bring among two countries good effects in the economy and make a big market. Such things would get up steam the economy and excite many people. Thus, I suppose that the acting overseas is great strem for many people who love sports and I agree with such stream.

• 英作文を教えてください。

(1)富士山から見る日の出はとても美しい。  The sun (       )(       )from the top of Mt.Fuji is very beautiful. (2)If you don't understand the meanings well ,you must not use such words.  You must not use the words (       )(       )you don't understand . (3)少女たちは楽しげに歌いながらやってきた。  The girls (       )(       )merrily. (4)'Are you going somewhere during the vacation?'   'Yes,I've found a nice beach (       ) I can enjoy swimming even in Februrary.   (1)how (2)when (3)where (4)which (5)Nara was the place we reached on the first night.   Nara was the place (       )(       )we got on the first night. (       )(        (6)私が人形を作ってあげた少女は、私ににっこり笑ってくれました。  The girl (       )(       )I made a doll gave me a big. smile. (7)あなたの知人の身に起こったことを私に話してください。  something /to/someone/know/me/happened/you/tell/that. (8)彼らは彼がしたことを笑った。  he/what/had/they/at/done/laughed. (9)歴史が繰り返す理由を知るものは一人としていない。  Nobody knows the (       )(      )history repeats itself. (10)彼女が多くの時間をかけて書いたあの本はいくらですか。(1語不要)  (book/she/how/is/price/much/took/what/of/time/the/that) to write?                   以上、よろしくお願いします。

• 英作文の添削を

課題で、"A Part-time Job for Me"というタイトルの英作文をしました。 文法的な間違いや、不自然な表現がなく、ちゃんと意味が通るかどうか不安なので、添削をしていただきたいと思い、投稿しました。 よろしくお願いします。 I don’t work part-time now.   Because I’m very busy with study now and I cannot find an offer of a part-time job that condition conforms to me, nearby my house. However, it is not that I don't work at all.  My relative sometimes asks me to mow the grass of the field and vacancy.  And she asks me help with the final income tax return at the end of the year.  Another relative, cannot use computer, sometimes asks me to make documents with a Microsoft Office Word.  The member of a municipal assembly of the acquaintance’s husband of my father asks me to create his Website.  The reward of these work is more expensive than the wage of the general part-time job.  However, there are few incomes because there is little work. I will want to do work of distributing mails at the post office in next winter vacation if I work part-time.  I've ever done this work when I was a tenth grader, and this work was pleasant.  And there is a post office near my house.  I can go there by bicycle in about thirty minutes. It is not suitable to deliver mails for me.  When I worked once to deliver mails by bicycle, I took time very much to finish work because I cannot ride a motor bicycle.  So I delivered it by bicycle.  But I ran slow by bicycle.  And I wasn’t good to learn the route very much.   Therefore the vice-postmaster changed my work into distributing mails.  This work was easier than delivering mails.  It was worm in post office and I was able to have confectionery, oranges, juice and for a break.  But my wage was higher than the other part-time worker because the wage of the postman was applied even after work changed because at first I was adopted as the postman that is higher wage than worker of distributing mails.  So I was able to work easily and get much money.