• ベストアンサー

hydrostasyの意味を教えてください

hydrostasyの意味を教えてください 例)The corresponding state, hydrostasy and geostrophy, are not exactly realized, but their approximate satisfaction has profound consequences on the behavior of the atmosphere and ocean. よろしくお願いします

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
回答No.1

私が調べた結果を書きます。 暫定的なものですが。 まず英語のページを調べた結果、 hydrosta[s]y,hydrosta[c]y. の[s]と[c]の両方がありました。 おそらく、なじみのない専門用語なので、そのへんは混乱しているのかもしれません。 もしhydrostacyだとすると (hydro)sta[tic]→(hydro)sta[cy] poli[tic]→poli[cy] のような語尾変化だと思われます。 なので、無理やり訳せば「流体静力学性」とでも訳すのでしょうか。

hippo-444
質問者

お礼

わざわざ調べてまでご回答意だたき、 ありがとうございました。 参考にさせていただきました。

関連するQ&A

• 意味がつかめません。

以下、ごく簡単な文章なのですが恥ずかしながら: The reports portray a dysfunctional organization that has been riddled with conflicts of interest, unprofessional behavior and a free-for-all atmosphere for much of the Bush administration’s watch. の ”atomosphere for much of the Bush administration's watch”の意味がつかめません。ご教示御願いいたします。 それ以外は: それらの報告は利害の対立、専門家らしからぬ振る舞い、ブッシュ政権の”ーーーー”何をしても構わない気風が充満した機能不全の組織をえがきだしている。 という事だと思っています。

• so thatの構文でお願いします

ある科学読物の記事で、次の文章がありました。 But Venus has an atmosphere so thick that the pressure at its surface is 90 times the pressure of the air at sea level on Earth, (*)しかし金星では大気が非常に厚いため、表面大気圧は地球の90倍あります。 この文章は、いわゆる『so that』構文と考えます。 すると、原文のかたち  (A)『But Venus has an atmosphere so thick that .....』 よりも、つぎのようにthickを前に持ってくるほうが、 文法的には、より適切ということはいえないのでしょうか?  (B)『But Venus has so thick an atmosphere that .....』 (A)と(B)との言いかたには、どのようなニュアンスの差がありますでしょうか? また、著者が(A)の記述方法を採用したのは、口調の観点からでしょうか? それとも、まず  (C)『But Venus has an atmosphere (which is) thick, and the pressure at its surface is .....』 というような、後置の説明的なイメージが最初に頭のなかにあったとおもうべきでしょうか? 以上、よろしくお願いします。

• …all she is の解釈について

添付ファイル文章: At first she was only employed by him in connection with his taverns and in some other shady business, but now he has suddenly realized all she is and has gone wild about her. に関する質問です。 he has suddenly realized all she is の部分ですが、 all she isは 「彼女が、(彼にとっての)全てである」 と解釈して合っているのか自信がないです。 解説宜しくお願いします。

• 次の英文の和訳と文法解説をお願いします。

Concerning date of implementation for some devices, it has not been possible to identify exactly date of installation but it was linked to date of erection for that factories, their replacement has been planned. わかるようでいまいち正確にわかりません。 どうか教えてください。 宜しくお願いします。

• 文のなかの”as to”の使い方

BBCからの英文なのですが、 "Many Hondurans say there's a total lack of information as to what exactly has happened to their country and their President. " のなかの"as to what"の使い方がよくわかりません。 "as to"は必要なのでしょうか?それともなくてもいいのでしょうか? どなたか、文法ご存知の方にアドバイス頂ければたすかります。

• 日本語訳を教えて下さい

Sometimes it is suggested that the problem of the underdeveloped countries is simply their technological and economic backwardness.the problem is,of course, much more complex than that,for it involves all of their major social institutions-polity,economy,family,religion,and education-as well as the attitudes and values of their people. In short, the problem involves every area for which industrialization has major consequences. よろしくお願いします

• 何度もすみませんが意味がわかりません

以下の文章の後半で、 Analysts have speculated that Clinton could have an advantage among Hispanic voters here in Texas, but Obama has established a large organizational base in the lone star state and he has more money to spend on television advertising than Clinton, something that could prove crucial in a large state where personal appearances do not count as much as they did in some of the smaller states. Clinton,の後something からstates.の意味がよくわかりません。 「彼はクリントンよりもテレビのコマーシャルにもっと金を使わなければならない」まではわかりましたが、something 以降の文字通りの意味と、何をいおうとしているのか教えてください。 よろしくお願いします。

• desirable の意味と訳し方

"desirable" の意味と訳し方 次の英文の後半(except in advertising を含めた後半部分)の意味を教えていただけませんか。特に、desirable の意味は見当もつきません。  In view of such profound differences in values, it is natural that misunderstandings and irritations often occur, especially in areas where being precise is important such as the negotiation of contracts. A Mexican has said, "With us a business deal is like a courtship." Americans lack this grace, but, on the other hand, you can usually count on their word. You know where you are with them; except in advertising, they will not be "whispering sweet nothings" that they do not mean in order to make you feel desirable.

• passの意味

Six months ago, my friend Lindy's husband committed suicide. I have been there for her and understand it takes time, but I'm reaching my limit. I make plans with her for dinners at our home and at restaurants and have planned various outings, because I know it's difficult to be in the house alone. However, she constantly manipulates, yells at me when she doesn't get her way, and uses the loss of her husband as a rationale for why I and others must do what she wants regardless of what's happening in our own lives, and expects us to tolerate this behavior. Because of the circumstances, I have given her several passes on the disgusting behavior she has displayed, ここでのpassesはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 意味を教えてください

What is proper when hosting guests from out of state? In a few months, two different relatives will be visiting me separately, each for two weeks. For years it has been my custom to go to church early on Sunday and then to brunch with friends. I don't mind giving up the brunch, but I don't want to miss church for an entire month. (I'm a widow now and I enjoy the fellowship.) hosting guestsとI enjoy the fellowshipの意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします