• ベストアンサー

映画のシナリオです。翻訳願います。

映画のシナリオです。翻訳願います。 A: If he has everything else-the valor,the knowledge-but he does not look right, then he can never give you everything in the ring. B: That rules out Mike and me C: That rules out most people.

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.1

A:「勇気とか、知識とかいう、それ以外のすべてを備えていても、見かけがおかしければ、リングのすべてをあたえることはできない。」 B:「じゃあ、マイクと俺は、駄目だ」 C:「いや、殆どの人が駄目だ」 「リングのすべてを与えることは出来ない」が文脈によりますね。ボクシングの話なら、試合の場所、でしょうけど、これだけでは分かりません。まあ「リングの王者にはなれない」という意味でしょう。  BとCの言葉は「駄目」の代わりに「失格」といった言葉も使えます。

pensioner
質問者

お礼

Hemingway原作の映画(The Sun also rises)からです。 「見かけがおかしければ、」というところが疑問でしたが、よくわかり納得できました。 ありがとうございます。

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

関連するQ&A

• 翻訳、よろしくお願いします。

When is a person really special? A person is special if everything he does is for other people. A person is special if he never thinks about himself. And a person is surely special if he is well remembered after his death. 翻訳、よろしくお願いします_(._.)_

• 日本語に翻訳してくださいm(__)m

Oh (angry) I don't like that It's good to see that your stalker is calming down Why does he stalk you of all people←翻訳してくださいm(__)m

• 翻訳の件

中国の方とメールを使い英語で交渉しているのですが どちらも英語が苦手で困っております。 下記の内容なのですが どのような意味でしょうか? 翻訳お願いいたします。 I thinks my partner never ring you for he now in China. I am sorry for that he do not well in this fields.

• 翻訳をお願いします!

どなたか翻訳をしていただけないでしょうか? 宜しくお願いします。 He is patient, dedicated, methodical in all he does. Very excellent in his work and ways, and will gain renown in his own field of life Likes to feel he has a purpose He has strong forebodings which do not materialize. However he does seem ambitious to advance himself, to get a better life, or to become free of difficulties. He is interested in the attaining of intellectual knowledge and while he uses it to help others he is idle or impractical or unassertive in using it to help himself, and advances very little in life, He could be parasitic, wasteful or carried by others. For he doesn’t seem to get personal power or position despite his high intelligence. Ends up doing what others want him to, or else evading and shipping out. He has a sense of duty but doesn't like responsibility. A passive dreamy nature. He is a clever and spiritual man. He is sympathetic and imaginative. Kind and generous. But escapist, never satisfied with life and prefers to retreat or escape from the realities of it in one way or another. Thus he has a weak side to his character that may need strengthening if he is to make the most of his opportunities in life. He is mildly mediumistic and may be interested in psychic and occult subjects. An uncommon person, spiritually inclined, mystical and yet well accepted.

• 人から似てるといわれて一番嬉しかった有名人は誰?

タイトルにある文をうまく英訳出来なくて困っております。 人から...と言われて → told by other people that... 似ている → look like 一番嬉しかった → you were most glad 有名人 → famous person 誰 → who 一応自分で繋げてみました。 Who is the famous person (???) you were most glad when you were told by other people that you look like? これでは英語になっていないですよね。どなたか、正しい訳し方を教えてください。

• この英語の翻訳をお願いします。

now that I know about this he, I am! Saying that, he deserves that because I rock around in scruffy jogging buttons and scruffy boots most of the time. I think I scrub up okay, which is possibly while I was on that list. But Tom is always well dressed. Some people have just got it; I wish I was one of them.

• 翻訳をお願い致します!

Stone Temple Pilots bassist Robert DeLeo discussed firing Scott Weiland and the state of Stone Temple Pilots in a new interview with NorthJersey.com, “I had to look at the past 10 years of what STP has done, or hasn't done, and we all decided that we don't want to spend the next 10 years like that.” “We have a lot to prove right now,” said DeLeo regarding STP's new Chester Bennington fronted lineup. “People have a certain idea of who the face of the band is and that that person does everything. That's not the case.”

• the mostについて

お世話になっております。 以下についてお教え頂けないでしょうか。 What frustrates me the most is that some people never promptly return my calls. (1)the mostはどうしてこの位置にあるのでしょうか? the mostの後には何かが続く気がします。文法的にどう考えたらよろしいでしょうか? ご指導のほど何卒宜しくお願い申し上げます。

• よろしくお願いします

I have been dating a wonderful man for about four months now. He is a model boyfriend 90 percent of the time, but it’s that 10 percent that concerns me. He binge drinks and when he does his personality changes significantly. He goes from being a kind-hearted caring man to someone that ignores me for long periods of time, is nasty, and blames me for everything. All his friends are huge drinkers. He does not drink daily, but tells me that once he starts he cannot stop. It happens at least four times a month. He apologizes and seems truly sincere and sad, and then it just keeps happening. He refuses to admit he has a problem. I want to give him an ultimatum, but everyone advises against it. I cannot deal with the drinking, but I truly love the rest of him. Is it wrong to give the ultimatum? I’ve given him several chances to “control” the drinking and each time he fails. I have told him I think he’s an alcoholic he does not agree. Are you aware of any good free resources for binge drinkers, it seems most cater to alcoholics? I have told him I think he’s an alcoholic he does not agree. は文頭にEvery timeが省略されているわけではないですよね?he does not agreeは何を受けているのでしょうか?あと、seems most caterは正しい英語でしょうか?(caterの形容詞の意味がみあたらないのですが)もしそうでしたらどのような意味でしょうか?なぜmostの前にtheが付かないのでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 翻訳をお願い致します。

マリリン・マンソンの名言なのですが、翻訳をお願い致します。 『Anybody who doesn't want to realize this is fooling themselves. People are bored because they've done everything they can do. So now the fear of death is the only thing that gets them excited. That's why some people have made me into some type of sex symbol. I'm death on wheels the way I look.』