• ベストアンサー

英語

reef= a line of sharp rocks, often made of coral , or a raised area of sand near the surface of the sea a line of sharp rocksとは何ですか? 鋭い岩のline(線)? サンゴ礁は確かに尖っていますが、岩礁は一般的にsharpなのですか? or a raised area of sand near the surface of the sea は暗礁のことだと思いますが、何故sand(砂)?

noname#106030
noname#106030
  • 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数0

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
回答No.1

a line of ~で「線のように連なった~,列になった~」という意味です。 岩の連なりが地形のようになっているのを表現しています。 単純に一個の岩石とか,複数の岩というのではありません。 sharp は長細くなくても使えます。 尾根のように連なったものでも,角度を作っていれば sharp です。 reef に「砂洲」という訳語もありますので,後半はその説明だと思います。

関連するQ&A

• 【至急】環境英語和訳をお願いします!!

【至急】環境英語和訳をお願いします!! For example, many of the sea birds of the North Atlantic around the Shetland Isles feed only on sand eels. Due to climatic change and over ? fishing, the sand eel population has plummeted, and the sea bird populations have decreased dramatically as a result of starvation. This is an example of the interrelated feeding relationships that form a food chain. sand eelは砂中に生息する細長い海水魚だそうです!

• 長文ですが至急英語の訳をお願いします。

Friction can be useful. For example, belt drives depend on friction to prevent slipping. On the other hand, friction in machines causes loss of power. Engineers try to reduce friction as much as possible by good design, using materials with a low coefficient of friction for devices such as bearings. We know that there are altogether only about one hundred different types of atoms. Atoms cannot be destroyed or changed in any way by chemical reactions: all that can happen is that the arrangement of the atoms is changed so as to produce another chemical substance with different properties. The role of the unsaturated zone in the hydrologic cycle is to transmit water falling or ponded on the land surface to underlying groundwater or temporarily store water near the land surface for plant use. In the process of moving through the unsaturated zone water may dissolve natural rock materials or carry manmade chemicals applied to or near the land surface.

• 郵船を英語でなんと表現すればよいのでしょうか?

アメリカからある品物を郵便局の船で輸入したいと 思っています。その時少し重量が大きいので郵便局 の船を使いたいと思っています。 私はいつも郵船を英語で a ship of Postal Service (The surface of the sea) と表現してきました。しかしメールでの問い合わせで 意味がわからないと返ってきました。 郵便局の船を使う場合どのような表現方法があるの でしょうか?

• 英語が出来る方助けてください。(かなり困っています。)

英語が出来る方助けてください。(かなり困っています。) 今学生をしているのですが400ページほどある英語の専門書を読み始めたのですがこの部分の訳がどうしてもしっくりこないのですが分かる方いませんでしょうか?? 英語が大変苦手なので自分の訳に自信がなく困っています。 先生が海外に勉強に行っているので聞けず大変困っています。もし分かる方がいらしたら宜しくお願いします。 Now, Li(z) is the potential energy for the molecule i, expressed as a function of its distance z form the plane of the centres of atoms (or ions) in the surface layer; rij is the distance between the molecule i and each atom (ion) in the solid. In practice, only a limited number of atoms are taken into account because of the rapid decrease in energy with distance. The balance between attractive and repulsive interactions means that a point exists, at distance ze from the surface, where the potential energy of the molecule is minimum, as represented in Figure 1.2. Of course, the value of Li(z) must depend not only on the distance from the surface but also on the location on the surface (i.e. in the xy plane). If this is in the form of one face of a perfect crystal, there will be a regular variation of potential energy across the surface. It is not surprising to find that the most favorable site is at the centre of an array of surface atoms (cf. Figure 1.3). The corresponding depth of the potential energy well (at ze) will depend on the density and crystal structure of the absorbent and the polarizability and molecular size of the adsorbate. The easiest path for the movement of the adsorbed molecule across the surface is via a col or 'saddle point' and the energy barrier to translational movement in the xy plane is given by the difference in the corresponding minima potential energies for the two locations (Figure 1.3).

• 英語 の質問です。

1.Is better when the food bowl have the same hight how is neck ! Like a food Station you need 2.Not to start an argument but there's a fairly recent study that suggests that raised food bowls are not necessary to prevent bloat! My girl will only eat out of a bowl if its on the floor- she would fling everything out of a raised bowl onto the floor and then eat it! 3.Ours eats like a giraffe drinks - legs akimbo :))) この3つの文を日本語に訳していただけませんか?よろしくお願いしますm(_ _)m

• 英語の添削をお願いします

並べ変え問題です。自分でやってみましたがあってるかどうか教えて頂けますでしょうか? (1)The opinions ( booklet, the, a, set, been, against, out, project, in, have ).→The opinions have been set out against the project in a booklet. (2)One of the leading newspapers ( all, scandal, severest, for, with, the, called, punishment, of, concerned, the ).→One of the leading newspapers called for the severest punishment concerned with all of the scandal. (3) They are ( new, the, with, of, party, to, the, side, aims, unlikely ).→They are unlikely of the aims to side with the new party (4) She ( admiration, of, feeling, a, with, had, jealousy, mingled ).→She had a mingled feeling of admiration with jealousy. (5) Her refusal to ( like, wet, him, acted, spirits, accompany, a, on, his, blanket ).→Her refusal to accompany his spirits on acted him like a wet blanket. (6)A ( question, the, to, a, urgency, letter, raised, of, newspaper ).→A question of the newspaper raised urgency to a letter. (7) He made a clumsy ( apologize, simply, me, the, attempt, made, to, worse, to, matter, but ).→He made a clumsy attempt to me but to apologize simply made the matter worse. (8)She was ( crane, the, through, part, carelessness, the, on, killed, operator, of, the ).→She was killed on the part of the carelessness through the crane operator . (9)I was somewhat ( causal, her, to, suffering, attitude, human, at, shocked ).→I was somewhat shocked at her causal attitude to suffering human. よろしくお願いします。

• 英語について

英語について After movements of the earth,the limestone may reach the surface. 訳をお願いします。 前の文は、 Many tiny animals living in the sea have carbon in their shells,in the form of calcium carbonate.When these animals die,their shells form layers of calcium carbonate at the bottom of the sea.These eventually turn into a rock,called limestone. です。 別の質問ですが、 plants buried と言ういいかたはできるんでしょうか? plants buriedの前後に語句はありません。 buriedがplantsを修飾しているんでしょうか? でも、2つ以上の語がないと後ろから修飾できませんよね? また、buryは他動詞しかとりませんので、目的語をとらないのも変ですよね? なんで、plants buriedと言う言い方ができるんでしょうか? お願いします。

• 英語の問題です。

以下の問題の解答を教えて頂きたいです。 和訳もお願いします><。 【 hypercholesterolemia  hyperlipidemia  anorexia nervosa  obesity  malnutrition  alcoholic dependency 】 1. (    ) is a medical term for a condition caused by an improper or insufficient diet. 2. (    ) is a phychiatric eating disorder characterized by low body weight with an obsessive fear of gaining weight. 3. (    ) indicates the presence of high levels of cholesterol in the blood. 4. (    ) means the continued consumption of alcoholic beverages despire the health problems and negative social consequences. 5. (    ) is the presence of raised or abnormal levels of lipids or lipopoteins in the blood. 6. (     ) is a condition in which excess body fat has accumulated to such an extent that may be hermful to health.

• わからない英文があります

They found it very difficult to dive in the muddy water of the bay. ''In the sea of Alexandria,'' said one diver, ''what you need is ears rather than eyes. You could see only 50 centimeters in front of you.The ruins were covered with sand, and mud kept flowing from the Nile. Just diving and mud swimming raised the mud on the seabed and made things worse." Just diving and mud swimming raised the mud on the seabed and made things worse."という英文はどういう意味かわかりません。どなたかわかる方、解説付きで教えてくださらないでしょうか?

• 英語に精通しているかたへ

ちょっとお伺いしたいのですが、以下の英語はちゃんとした英語でしょうか?(英語はぜんぜんダメです) I apologize, I don't speak or read Japanese. But, does anyone know the name of this girl? She did a photo spread with A(人名). I apologize, I don't speak or write Japanese. If anyone knows the name of this girl, I would appreciate it. She did some pictures with A. なんかorの使い方がおかしい気がしますが、ほんとにわからない人でしょうか? 日本人が書いた英語のような気がします。ご意見を・・。