• ベストアンサー

答えがわからないのですが

(a)もの覚えが悪くなってきている。 My memory is ( )ing. (b)危険を目の前にして彼の勇気は消え失せた。 His courage ( )ed him in the face of danger. (c)来ると思ったのに昨晩の会合に来てなかったね。 We ( ) you at the meeting last night. (d)その爆発で危うく死ぬところだったよ。 We narrowly ( ) being killed by the explosion. わかる方教えてください。よろしくお願いします。

• 英語
  • 回答数3
  • ありがとう数3

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
回答No.2

(a) (fad)ing (b) (fail)ed (missed) (escaped) しゅくだいですかあぁあぁ?

habitant
質問者

お礼

宿題ではないのですが、答えが見つからなかったので質問させていただきました。ありがとうございました。

その他の回答 (2)

• bakansky
  • ベストアンサー率48% (3502/7245)
回答No.3

ネットの alc を見た限りでは、「もの覚え(記憶力)が悪くなる(減退する)」というのは、動詞1個だけという条件なら、decline, deteriorate, lose などが用いられているようです。

habitant
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございました。大変参考になりました。

• shiotaku
  • ベストアンサー率26% (16/61)
回答No.1

う~んちょっと文法には自信ありませんが 参考程度に My memory is ag(e) ing ageは老化とかに使えます。 His courage disappaered him in the face of danger. desappaerは消えるという意味です。 We thought you at the meeting last night. thinkの過去形です。 We narrowly when being killed by the explosion. すいません、これは自信ないですね。

habitant
質問者

お礼

回答ありがとうございました。

関連するQ&A

• 至急 和訳お願いします

When we think of Chagall's works, bright and beautiful pictures come to mind. But this picture expresses a dark ando tragic mood. People are running to escape the fighting. Some jewish buildings are being set on fire. In the center we can see the crucifixion of Jesus Christ. We also see a few jewish rappis. Is this just a religious picture? Chagall did not live only in a world of beautiful imagery. His pictures sometimes expressed the chaos around him. In his younger days, he had hard times during World War I and the Russian Revolution. In 1935, Chagall visited Poland and was shocked to find that the Jewish people were being treated badly. He foresaw great danger for the Jewish peopl, and the start of another war. He painted pictures warning the world of the danger. Soon after that, World War II broke out and the holocaust began. In 1940 the Nazis took over Paris. He feared for safety and moved to the United States in 1941. この文を和訳して欲しいです。 教科書の一部分なのですが、明日テストなのにわからなくて。

• 和訳

When we think of Chagall’s works,bright and beautiful and pictures come to mind. But this picture expresses a dark and tragic mood. People are running to escape the fighting. Some Jewish buildings are being set on fire. In the center we can see the crucifixion of Jesus Christ. We also see a few Jewish rabbis. Is this just a religious picture? Chagall did not live only in a word of beautiful imagery. His pictures sometimes expressed the chaos around him. In his younger days,he had hard times during World War I and the Russian Revolution. In 1935,Chagall visited Poland and was shocked to find that the Jewish people were being treated badly. He foresaw great danger for the Jewish people,and the start of another war. He painted pictures warning the world of the danger. Soon after that,World War II broke out and the Holocaust began. In 1940 the Nazis took over Paris. He feared for his safety and moved to the United States in 1941.

• 和訳をお願いします。

British casualties amounted to 4,000; 523 killed, 2932 wounded and over 512 missing, including five officers and 241 other ranks known to be prisoners. These were mainly from the 53rd (Welsh) Division and the 161st (Essex) Brigade of the 54th (East Anglian) Division. The Ottoman Army forces suffered a total of 2,447 casualties. Of these, 16 Germans and Austrians were killed or wounded, 41 being reported missing, and 1,370 Ottoman soldiers were killed or wounded with 1,020 missing. According to Cemal Pasha, Ottoman losses amounted to less than 300 men killed, 750 wounded, and 600 missing. The Anzac Mounted Division suffered six killed, 43 or 46 wounded, and two missing, while the Imperial Mounted Division suffered 37 casualties. Both Murray and Dobell portrayed the battle as a success, Murray sending the following message to the War Office on 28 March: "We have advanced our troops a distance of fifteen miles from Rafa to the Wadi Ghuzzee, five miles west of Gaza, to cover the construction of the railway. On the 26th and 27th we were heavily engaged east of Gaza with a force of about 20,000 of the enemy. We inflicted very heavy losses upon him ... All troops behaved splendidly."

• 過去完了

They once took my son when he was small and drove him around and grilled him because they thought he was being abused. He had fallen and hit his face on a bleacher at the pool. My mom was there and saw the whole thing happen but pretended not to know. I worked for Child Protective Services at the time and was humiliated. But thank goodness, my son and I were interviewed, so we could prove nothing bad had happened. He had fallenとnothing bad hadのところはなぜ過去形ではなく過去完了なのでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 和訳を願いたいです

In our sixth year on the Kalahari, the rainy season didn't come. Many animals wandered toward the edge of the Game Reserve to look for water. We worried about them. There was a danger of them being killed by hunters outside the reserve. We hadn't seen any lions around our base camp for quite some time. Bones' visiting us unexpectedly one day surprised us. It was great to see him. "Good morning, Mr. Bones," I said. I noticed he still had his ear tag,"001." After playing around the camp and visiting the kitchen for a drink of water, he walked off into the plains. Two months passed and there was still no rain. We hadn't seen Bones during this time. We wondered if Bones was all right. Finally, we decided to search for him. As we approached the edge of the reserve, a friend's voice came over our radio. He was calling from a town outside the reserve. "Mark, Delia, this is Doug. Are you there?" "Yes, Doug, this is Mark. How are you?" "Fine, but I have some bad news for you. Some hunters shot a lions today. He's got one of your tags." "What's...the number, Doug?" "It's 001." (1)Why did Mark and Delia worry when the animals wondered toward the edge of the reserve? (2)How many months had passed before they decided to look for Bones? (3)What happened to Bones in the end? お願いします

• 英文を直して頂けませんか?

私はケータイが良いものだとは思いません。まず1つ目に、ケータイからでる電磁波は体に悪いです。今はケータイを持っていて当たり前の時代ですが、多くの人がケータイを持つようになることは、同時に有害な電磁波の量も増えるということがいえます。2つ目に、詐欺のようなケータイを使った犯罪が多くあるということです。ケータイを使って、インターネットができるようになった今、特に子供にとってそういった被害に遭う危険度も高くなっています。最後に、束縛されているような気分になるということです。ケータイはいつでも家族や友達と連絡を取ることができますが、それが逆に迷惑に感じてしまうこともあります。このような理由から、ケータイは便利な反面、危険にさらされている機械である。 I do not belive that cellphones are a blessing. First, the electromagnetic wave of callphone may have negative effects to the human body. Recently, it came to be common that we have a cellphone, but that means the amount of electromagnetic wave will be increased. Second, there are many types of crimes using cellphones such as fraud. Being able to use the Internet with cellphone, the danger of meeting such a case will be increased especially for the children. Finally, some think that they lose their freedom. We can contact with family and friends whenever we want, but conversely, it makes them annoy. For those reasons, the cellphone is a very useful, on the other hand, it expose with danger. 自分なりに訳してみたのですが、分からない表現が沢山あって、困っています…。どう表現したらよいか、アドバイスをぜひお願いします。

• 受動態と助動詞と完了形の問題です。

日本文の意味になるようにかっこに適語を入れてください。 (1)彼は35年間医者をしている。 He ( ) ( ) ( ) ( )for 35 years. (2)どこに行っていたのですか? Where ( ) ( ) ( )? 日本文の意味を表すようにかっこの語を並び替えてください。 (1)あなたが来られるものと思っていましたが(来られませんでしたね。) (that/ to/ we/ be/would/ hoped/ you/ had/ able/ come). 同じ意味になるようにかっこに適語を入れてください。 (1)Tom lost his pen, and he does not have it now. →Tom ( )( ) his pen. (2)It is better for me to drive slowly. →I ( )( ) drive slowly. (3)He is a very good swimmer. →He ( ) ( ) very well. 次の各文の指示に従って書き換えてください。 (1) The news was a great surprise to me. (Iで始めて同じ意味の文にして下さい。) (2) We all know him well. (Heを主語にして同じ意味の文にして下さい。) (3) What language must they use at the meeting? (受動態にして下さい。) これを解いてみると、 (1)has been being doctor (2)have you been (1)I had hoped that you would be able to come. (1)had lost (2)had better (3)can swim (1)I was a great surprise to by the news. (2)He is known well by us all. (3)What language was they must be used at the meeting? になりました。間違いがあれば、訂正も含めて教えてくれませんか?

• 和訳をお願いいたします

以下の英文を和訳していただけるかたに。 お願いできますでしょうか? 多分身体についての内容だと思いますが、 難解度は不明です。 どうぞよろしくお願いいたします。 His neck is lean muscular and long, the skin at the back of the neck may be a little redder, neat the hair line. He holds his head in the upright straight position. The face I have described. The back of the neck is broad and red looking. His shoulders straight and thick, the shoulder blades being well covered with muscle. His skin has a lingering warmth to the touch, hot and dry. His chest and trunk are ordinary. The back lean and long. He has a lean spare hard dry muscular frame, a poker straight spine and a face to match, though it is more mellow and a demeanor that speaks of good health and robust strength. He One who carries himself erect. Both silent looking and at ease, as though poverty or hardship has never made its make on him. A classy frame and manner.

• 「12人を殺したあの」と制限する必要があるのでしょ

NHKからの抜粋です French police and security forces are searching for the gunmen who killed 12 people at a newspaper office in Paris. 記事の内容には言及しません。 ganmenだから複数だとして、それを制限用法で「12人を殺したあの」と制限する必要があるのでしょうか。 全文です Search continues for attackers of Paris newspaper French police and security forces are searching for the gunmen who killed 12 people at a newspaper office in Paris. The gunmen stormed the main building of the weekly Charlie Hebdo on Wednesday. The victims include executives and satirical cartoonists, and 2 police officers. At a news conference later in the day, an official from the Paris public prosecutor's department said 2 masked men armed with Kalashnikov automatic rifles forced their way into the building, killed one person at the reception desk, and headed for a room on the third floor where an editors' meeting was being held. The official said the gunmen killed the people in that room. They then exchanged fire with police outside and killed another person before fleeing in a car. During the rampage, they were heard shouting "Allah is great" and "We have just taken revenge for the Prophet". This suggests they could have been inspired by Islamic extremism. Police suspect at least one more person was involved in the attack. Eyewitnesses say they saw 3 people in the car as they fled. Security troops and other counter-terrorism forces have been mobilized to help in the search. The weekly newspaper is well-known for satirical cartoons and articles. Police were on intensified patrol around its buildings as it frequently received threats after carrying caricatures of Islam. 関係代名詞の用法に不慣れで、同じような質問を繰り返していますが、よろしくおねがいします

• 英語

1 When I told Meg the news, she seemed (). アsurprising イto have surprised ウto surprise エsurprised 2 Although my trip to Okinawa was very (), I enjoyed it. アexcited イexciting ウtired エtiring 3 Tell me a word () with A. アbegin イbegins ウbegan エbeginning 4 You will find the word “psychology” () under “P” in your dictionary. アhave listed イlist ウlisted エlisting 5 Tom must be made () reality. アface イfacing ウto face エto facing 6 Mariko had her bag () and lost all her money. アsteal イstole ウstealing エstolen 7 The girl had her mother () her favorite book when she went to sleep. アread イreads ウto read エreading 8 This is so good product that I got my husband () it. アuse イusing ウto use エshould use 9 “Haven't we met somewhere before?” “Yes, I remember () you at the party last week.” アmeeting イof meeting ウto meet エto meeting 10 This letter is important and it must reach him as soon as possible. Please don't forget () it tomorrow morning. アmail イmailing ウto mail エmailed I (the book,chapters,had,when,read,the first few,hardly,of) I became tired of reading it. I was happy (had given,him,I,interested in,the book,the boy,to find). Shakespeare (as,still looked,that England,the greatest poets,is,has,one,of,upon) ever produced. 以上です。解説等、お願い致します。