• ベストアンサー

和訳に困っています

(1)We have this picture in mind that journalists like to show with people from all ages reading manga in the subway, so then we imagine that EVERYONE in Japan reads manga. (2)It was the same some years ago when journalists were showing young Japanese people with green or blue hairs "oh my god all young people have red hairs!" You can really make people think what you want as a journalist. (1)ジャーナリストが地下鉄で様々な年代の人がマンガを読んでいる写真を見せるのが好き? だから私たちは日本人のすべてがマンガを読むってイメージなんです。 (2)それと同じように数年前ジャーナリストが緑や青の髪をした日本の若者の写真を見せました。 「なんてこった!若者の髪が赤いよ!」 あなたは人々に思わせる ジャーナリストとしてほしいこと? すいません、全くわかりませんT_T (2)の文章では緑や青の髪をした日本人と書かれているのになぜ 「」内の文章は『赤い髪』なのか? おそらく友人は日本についてのおもしろおかしい写真を見たのかな? 英語が母語ではない友人なので文法に間違いがあるかもしれませんが 訳を教えていただけますか。

• 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数4

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • Agee
  • ベストアンサー率42% (414/964)
回答No.2

>We have this picture in mind that... われわれはthat以下のようなイメージを抱いている。"get the picture"なら「理解する」ですが。 >journalists 日本語では「マスコミ」とするとぴったりだと思います。 >to show with people from all ages reading manga in the subway 地下鉄内で老若に関係なくマンガを読んでいることを紹介すること >so then we imagine that EVERYONE in Japan reads manga. だから、われわれは日本の誰もがマンガを読むのだと想像する >"oh my god all young people have red hairs!" >「なんてこった!若者の髪が赤いよ!」 「ひえー!(日本の)全ての若者が赤い髪をしてるのか!」 >You can really make people think what you want as a journalist. 「マスコミは彼らが望んだ通りに人々を信じ込ませてしまう。【"you"は一般的事実を指す"you"でしょうから、"a journalist"(あるジャーナリスト)ではなく"journalists"と複数にすべきところです】

cmdjh047
質問者

お礼

ご丁寧な説明つけてくださりありがとうございます。 ああ、なるほど、マスコミですか^^どの国にも偏ったイメージ がありますね。日本もそんなふうにみられているのかなと思うと おもしろいです。お礼が遅くなり申し訳ありませんでした。 回答参考にさせていただきます!

その他の回答 (1)

noname#202629
noname#202629
回答No.1

(1)ジャーナリストが地下鉄で様々な年代の人がマンガを読んでいる写真を載せたがるために、 だから私たちは日本人のすべてがマンガを読むってイメージを持つのです。 (2)それと同じように数年前ジャーナリストが緑や青の髪をした日本の若者の写真を載せました。 「なんてこった!わが国の若者の髪が赤くなっちゃたよ!」 と言っているかもしれませんし、ただ単に、「なんてこった!若者が髪を染めるようになっちゃた!」 と赤を使った比喩であるかもしれません。 貴方は貴方が考えることを人々にさせることが出来る。ジャーナリストのように。

cmdjh047
質問者

お礼

お礼が遅くなり申し訳ありませんでした。 単語をそのまま訳しすぎて意味不明な文章になって撃沈というパターン の多い私です。柔軟に訳すことって難しいですね^^; 回答参考にさせていただきます。あちがとうございました!

関連するQ&A

• 和訳教えてください

He was such a great inspiration to the young and to all in baseball,and above all, to the proud people of his homeland, Puerto Rico. この文の和訳して いただけませんか??

• 中学英語について

「私たちは世界中の人と話すのにインターネットを使うことが出来ます。」を英語にしなさい。という問題で、僕は 「We can use the Internet to talk with people in the world.」 と書いたのですが、答えが、 「We can use the Internet to talk with people all over the world.」でした。 この場合って僕が書いたのでも正解になりますよね? 解説をお願いします。

• 和訳お願いします

Welcome to your future life! You get up in the morning and look into the mirror. Your face is firm and young-looking. In 2035, medical science is better than ever. Many people your age could live to be 150, so at 40, you're not old at all. And your parents just had an anti-aging nanotechnology treatment. Now, all three of you look the same age!

• 日本語で教えてください。

次の英文によくわからないところがあります。 ネイティブに日本語を一切使わずに英語で質問して、英語でよく教えてもらったのですが、私の英語力では十分理解できませんでした。 Yobs,thugs,hooligans. Just some of the terms used to refer to young people in the British media in the last few years. The media presents young people at best as problems and at worst as criminals: 71persent of stories  about them are negative and one in three focus on crime. The majority of young people are not criminals. Just seven percent of young people in school have committed crimes requiring police involvement. But when news coverage of productive and law-abiding young people is the exception rather then the rulu, public opinion and policy tends to target young people en masse, with measures such as curfews and  the power to move on young people who are perceived as a threat. Young people are stereotyped and marginalised. ネイティブに日本語を一切使わずに英語で質問して、英語でよく教えてもらったのですが、私の英語力では十分理解できませんでした。 自分なりに訳してみましたがこれでいかがでしょうか。 日本語でよろしくご教授ください。 Yobs,~. 不良少年、悪党、フーリガンたち。 Just ~. ここ数年、英国のメディアは何度か若者たちに言及した。 (Just some of the terms、この場合のterms はどう訳したらよいでしょう。) The media ~. メディアは、若者たちが一番の問題であり、そして犯罪者の中で最も悪質で、若者たちに関する71パーセントの記事は悪いことであり、 3回に1回は犯罪についてだと主張している。 (one in three、は3人に一人という意味ですか。) The majority ~. 大多数の若者は犯罪者ではない。 Just ~ . 学校に通う、ただ7パーセントの若者だけが警察の関与が必要な犯罪に関係している。 But~ . しかし、生産的なニュースが報じられる時と、法を守る若者はどちらかというと例外的であるとし、大衆の意見と方針はすべての若者たちを 目標にする傾向があり、危険な存在と考えられている人たちとして夜間外出の禁止や権力で抑えることをその対策としてしている。 (But~~the rulu,がよくわかりません。 productiveはこの場合どういう意味でしょうか。) (power to move はどう訳したらよいでしょうか。) Young ~. 若者たちは固定観念でみられ社会から取り残されている。 (よろしくお願いいたします。)

• 和訳してくださいm(_ _)m5

Before his tragic death, most people had not known much about what he had done for the people of Latin America. But now people everywhere were deeply moved by his braveand humanitarian actions. In Latin America and the United States, a great number of people paid their last respects to this real hero. In 1973, many events took place in honor of Roberto. He became the first Latin America to be elected into the National Baseball Hall of Fame. The Pirates retired Roberto's number 21. That means no other Pirates player would ever wear that number. Major League Baseball honored him by setting up the "Roberto Clemente Award," the highest award in baseball for sportsmanship and devotion to people in need. "He was such a great inspiration to the young and to all in baseball, and above all, to the proud people of his homeland, Puerto Rico."

• 和訳をお願いします。

和訳をお願いします。 Shishmaref is located on a tiny island in the Bering sea. To the east you can see the mainland of Alaska. I arrived in season when there in on night - the time of the midnight sun. I often watched the sun start to set and then rise again. The village had only about two hundred people, and I probably met them all in my first two or three days. The young people spoke English, but the older people used Eskimo all the time. I tried to learn a little of the Eskimo language every day, dut it was very difficult. The first thing I learned to say was, " I'm hungry." Their life was very simple and natural. As you may know, Alaska has many wild animals which the Eskimos hunt. These provide them with meat, oil, and skins for clothing. One day when we went hunting, I saw my first grizzly bear. It was majestic. This was the most vivid experience of my first stay in Shishmaref.

• 和訳を教えてください

In my japanese classroom almost no one enjoy manga -.- but I mean it's pretty clear that it's one of the many things that people like about your country. So is it because of the bad side that manga can have (hentai, violence) that adults don't really like it? It's funny because sometimes it's clearly exposed. Like in the Kyoto train station with the statues and pictures from Osamu Tezuka work. I don't know if I'm really clear... If not sorry. I guess what I'm trying to say is that manga opinion seems kinda contradictory in Japan. And in my opinion, Japanese people should be proud, but again.. I'm a fan, so I'm not gonna say otherwise right...? 日本語を勉強している子からのメールに書いてあった文章です。 (クラスメイトの中で漫画を読む子はいないけど)日本が好きなのは 日本の漫画が好きだからという理由の子がたくさんいるのは明白です。 大人は漫画の性的や暴力的な描写が嫌い? 矛盾してるよね、京都駅で手塚治虫のアトムの像があったりするのに。 よくわからないなあ。 I'm not gonna say というのは何を指しているんでしょうか??? So is it becauseからの文章が当てずっぽうです^^; なんとなく和訳はしてみたんですが全体の意味がいまいちつかめず困っています。 日本は漫画を文化の一部として全面にアピールしているのに一方では 漫画好きな人に対してシビアな目が向けられるのはなんか矛盾してる ということが言いたいのかなと思ったんですが。 (この前のメールでオタクのことについて聞かれたので) メールの一部を抜粋しているので意味がとれないかもしれませんが どうぞよろしくお願いします。 わかりにく文章で申し訳ありません…

• 和訳お願いします。

以下の文章の訳を教えてください。 We are all individuals in this world and as much as we like to tell ourselves otherwise, we are alone. Coming to terms with this is challenging but I believe will eventually lead us to peace. 人はみんな一人なんだ?みたいなことが言いたいんでしょうか?混乱しています。

• 和訳お願いしますm(_ _)m

Coming-of-Age Day Coming of Age Day is a national holiday which falls on January 15. This national holiday was created in 1948 and a described in the N ational Holidays Act as the day when young people are made aware of their achievement of adulthood and are congratulated. On this day large-scale ceremonies are held in all parts of Japan. The local cities and communities play host at the celbration ceremonies to all the young men and women who have had their twentieth birthday during the past year. The new adults gather together to hear congratulatory messages from the heads of their local government. Then one of the young people, speaking on behalf of the others, formally acknowledges that they have reached adulthood and pledges their determination to become good members of society. At the age of twenty young people receive the right to vote, smoke and drink, and obtain the freedom to marry without their parents' consent, but, at the same time, they must bear the responsibilities of adults.

• 和訳をお願いします。

次の文の和訳をお願いします。 There were tears in the room. Laughter in the face of death is not possible if we don't face death openly and honestly,with an open mind and an open heart. Many people live their lives without facing what's happening!