彼のお気に入りの本とは?調べた単語とその意味も紹介!

このQ&Aのポイント
  • 彼は本が好きで、特にビリー・ウィスカーズの話がお気に入りです。
  • また、ソーントン・バージェスによって書かれた『レディフォックスの冒険』もお気に入りです。
  • 『レディフォックスの冒険』とは、レディフォックスの活躍を描いた本です。
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

自分で訳してみたのですが、途中わからないところがあるので教えてください!!

He loves books, and his favorites are the tales of Billy Whiskers, a goat who has "kids"; and The Adventures of Reddy Fox by Thornton Burgess. わからない単語を調べてみました ★tale…話 ★goat…ヤギ ★The Adventures of Reddy Fox…レディフォックスの冒険(本の名前) ★Thornton Burgess…ソーントン・バージェス(著者名) ・彼は本が好きで、彼のお気に入りはビリー・ウィスカ―ズの話 ・ソーントン・バージェスによって書かれたレディフォックスの冒険 a goat who has "kids"; のところがどう訳したらいいのかわからなくて、全体の文章もどうつなげたらいいのかわかりません(><) 教えてください!

noname#93626
noname#93626
  • 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数0

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
回答No.1

the tales of Billy Whiskers, a goat who has "kids"という部分はBilly Whiskers: The Autobiography of a Goatという小説がありましたのでこれのことだと思います。 Billy Whiskersとa goat who has "kids"は同格であると考え、「彼は本が好きで、お気に入りは子ヤギ(子供)を連れたBilly Whiskersというヤギの物語とThornton Burgess作のThe Adventures of Reddy Foxだ」といった感じではないでしょうか。

関連するQ&A

• <2011年度の京都大学の英語>

以下の英文は、2011年度に京都大学で出題された英文です。 The documentary raw material of history has the immediacy of presence,the directness that characterises communication from someone who was there and felt and saw the things reported. 主部は、〔The documentary raw material of history〕=〔事実に 基づいた歴史の、(生の資料・情報源)は〕で、述部はhas。 hasの目的格として、下記の英文が存在する訳で、 the immediacy of presence,the directness  that characterises communication from someone who was there and felt and saw the things reported. 〔the immediacy of presence,the directness 〕=〔that characterises communication from someone who was there and felt and saw the things reported.〕は同格ですよね。 ここまでは、理解できました。 しかしながら、 『the immediacy of presence,the directness 〕=〔that characterises communication from someone who was there and felt and saw the things reported.』 の部分の英文和訳が上手く表現できません。 特に、characterises communication の部分が、僕の中でネックになっています。 英和辞書で、characteriseを引くと、他動詞で、特徴付けるとあるのですが・・・。 上手く、英文和訳して頂きたいのです。 何卒、宜しくお願いします。

• 和訳をお願いします。

"Here's to the kids. Who will never have 100 percent confidence in anything they do, and to the kids who are okay with that." "Here's to the kids. Who second guess themselves on everything they do." "Here's to the kids. Whose idea of a good night is sitting on the food of a car, Watching the stars." 文頭のwhoやwhoseの意味・働きがよくわらず、一体どうやって訳せばよいのかさっぱりわかりません。よろしくお願いします。

• note the level …をどう訳すのか

Wikipedia CSI: Crime Scene Investigationの一文を訳してください。 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CSI:_Crime_Scene_Investigation 特に、note the level and gratuitousness of graphic violenceをどう訳すのか、教えてください。 The series has been heavily criticized?almost since its debut?by police and district attorneys, who feel CSI portrays an inaccurate image of how police solve crimes, and by the Parents Television Council, who note the level and gratuitousness of graphic violence, images and sexual content seen on the show.

• 英訳してください。

賭けるんだ。 瞬間瞬間が一回きりの賭けで、賭けた以上は一寸先は虚無だろう。 だから、賭けとおして自分の運命をいきなけれなならない。 You must do a adventure. Adventure is by chance. The reasult of a adventure is nothing. SO You must live in your destiny with your adventuous spirit. 賭けを冒険にしてしまいました。

• 日本語訳が出てるかどうかの調べた方。

モーパッサンの『The Diary of a Madman and other tales of horror』という本の日本語訳が出てるかどうか(出そうかどうか)知りたいです。アマゾンで検索してもやり方?が悪いのか(というか私がパソコン不慣れなので)はっきりしたことがわかりません。こういうのを調べるのが得意な方や慣れてる方、手間でしょうがぜひ教えてください! (ちなみに日本語訳が出てると課題として扱えないので出てないほうが嬉しいです)

• フランク・シナトラ・・・

フランクシナトラの曲・・・これってフランス語ですか? 意味を教えてくださいませんか? 「♪ ~ But through it all when there was doubt I ate it up and spit it out ~ For what is a man What has he got If not himself then he has not to say the things he truely feels and not the words of one who kneels ~

• 訳がわかりません

THE PHOTO OF THR STYLE CAN BE HIM WHEN HE HAD HAIR OR ANYONE ELSE WHO HAS A SIMILAR FACE SHAPE AND SIDE/TEMPLE HAIR PROFILE. この文の最後の部分が訳せません。 ( ANYONE~ ) どなたか翻訳お願いいたします。

• 英文を日本語に訳してください。

The tales in that beloved volume almost eveyone on earth must have in mind, however vaguely, but I remember the illustrations better than the text. There were immense scenes of burning stone with caves in them, strange gardens and prison-like walled cities on the horizon, and Aladdin and Sindbad, and one of the spirits, bright-eyed, sunburned, and nude, except for a long, white cloth which the wind whipped out after him, like the tail feathers of a vast loose bird. I think that must have been the first representation of the human body unclothed that I ever saw. Certainly they were the first pictures to excite my admiration, the work of Maxfield Parrish, a painter famous in those days who painted somewhat in the style of the artist Salvador Dali. I wonder whether anyone who knew Arabic ever sat down here in the market in Marrakech and made note of its tales.

• どのような意味でしょうか

I have a smart and beautiful 10-year-old niece who has a mustache growing on either side of her top lip. I know how cruel kids can be and have never asked if she has been teased but I think she might be old enough to get the offending hair waxed off. get the offending hair waxed offはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• timespellってなんですか?

歌詞の1部ですが、timespellを調べてもでてきません。 TO THE WIND I WILL SING THE TALE OF THE KING THAT REIGNED IN PEACE AND LOVE OF THE ONE OF THE MAN WHO CROSSED THE PATH OF THE ANCIENT FOREST OF ELVES And may the ”timespell” clear his last sin Ride on the comet to make him free And may this brave mind endure the pain Of cosmic evil trying to prevail