• ベストアンサー

専門書の翻訳について

現在、燃焼工学という専門書を翻訳しているのですが、次の文がよく分からず困っています。 Occasionally reference will be made to nongaseous explosive media as exemplified by ordinary explosives and match-head compositions, since the broad principles of ignition and propagation are equally applicable to such systems. 特に、referenceとmatch-head compositionsの訳が分からず困っているところです。 もし分かる方いましたら訳していただけると幸いです。よろしくお願いします。

• 英語
  • 回答数4
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • bakansky
  • ベストアンサー率48% (3502/7245)
回答No.2

通常の爆発物とマッチヘッドの混合物の例として、しばしば非ガス性の爆発媒体に言及される。それは、点火と伝達の原理がそのようなシステムに同じように適用できるからである。 というふうに直訳してみましたが、何しろその分野の知識がゼロなので、とんでもない誤訳をしているのかもしれません。「マッチヘッド」に関しては、下記のサイトが参考になるかもしれません (私のような素人には、やはりよく分りませんけれども)。 → http://www.freepatentsonline.com/4040879.htmlhttp://www.patentstorm.us/patents/5009729/description.html

その他の回答 (3)

• wathavy
  • ベストアンサー率22% (505/2263)
回答No.4

燃焼工学課卒です。 安心してください。これぽっちなら、まるで意味が解りません。 英語を母語にしていない研究者の論文ないしは、教科書なら間違いもいっぱい書いてあります。英語で読んでて解るものも中にはありましたが、教授がセンスのある人で英語が解ったので、へんてこな書籍は持ってこなかっただけで、恐らくこの一文では、まるきり解りません。 章全体であれば、多少解る可能性はあります。 でも後ろにある、参考文献も必要かもしれません。 燃焼と言っても、内燃、外燃、乱流、化学、排気ガス、とにかくいろいろありますので。

• mota_miho
  • ベストアンサー率16% (396/2454)
回答No.3

その専門書の後のほうで、nongaseous explosive media についての reference がありますよ ということではないでしょうか。 つまり、その本を読んでいくと、nongaseous explosive media について書かれている(言及されている)箇所がいくつかあるわけです。  

noname#85770
noname#85770
回答No.1

「ときおり、(この本の?あるいは説明中の燃焼の原理にからんだ?)言及は気体状ではない爆発物 -- たとえば通常の爆薬および、マッチ・ヘッド構造のもの -- にも及ぶでしょう。なぜなら、点火と伝播という(燃焼の?)大原則はそのような(爆発物)システムについても同じように適用できるからです。」 でしょうか。まちがっていたらごめんなさい。 マッチ・ヘッドというのは、文字通り マッチの頭の成分と、その層構造のようなものを 指すのではないでしょうか?

関連するQ&A

• 整序作文

こんにちは。 並び替え問題で質問があります。 よろしくお願いいたします。 Realizing the danger of existing explosives, used for digging tunnels and canals, Alfred Nobel vowed ( ) to handle. 1, that 2, to create 3,an explosive 4,would be 5,safe 答えは,23145 to create an explosive that まで分かったんですが,そのあとがなぜその並び順になるのかが分かりませんでした。 また文の中の[would]は「意志未来」でよいのでしょうか。 よろしくお願いいたします。  

• otherwiseについて

米国立衛生研究所の助成金に関わる文書を訳していて、以下のような文がありました。 Consortium participants and contractors under grants are subject to the requirements of the cost principles otherwise applicable to their type of organization and to any requirements placed on them by the grantee to be able to comply with the terms and conditions of the NIH grant. この文におけるotherwiseの訳出の仕方を教えてください。 宜しくお願いします。

• 翻訳お願いします。

Were the observer, whether casual or skilled, to reside for some length of time in an asylum, and thus to make himself practically acquainted with the ways, thoughts, and feelings of its inmates, he would certainly discover how great a mistake it is to suppose, as is often done, that they are always so alienated from themselves and from their kind as not to be influenced by the same motives as sane persons [are influenced] in what they do or forbear to do. When an insane person is on his trial for some criminal offence, it is commonly taken for granted by the lawyers that if an ordinary motive for the act, such as anger, revenge, jealousy, or any other passion, can be discovered, there is no ground to allege insanity, or, at any rate, no ground to allege exemption from responsibility by reason of insanity. The ideal madman whom the law creates is supposed to act without motives, or from such motives at it enters not into the mind of a sane person to conceive; and if some one, who is plainly mad to all the world, acts from an ordinary motive in the perpetration of an offence, he is presumed to have acted sanely and with full capacity of responsibility. No greater mistake could well be made. Much of the success of the modern humane treatment of insanity rests upon the recognition of two principles: first, that the insane have like passions with those who are not insane, and are restrained from doing wrong, and constrained to do right, by the same motives which have the same effects in sane persons; secondly, that these motives are only effective within limits, and that beyond these limits they become powerless, the hope of reward being of no avail, and the expectation or infliction of punishment actually provoking more unreason and violence.

• 翻訳をお願いしたいです。コンピューター関係の書物の文章です。

翻訳をお願いしたいです。コンピューター関係の書物の文章です。 Nevertheless, it is still, possible to identify some principles of good design that have withstood the test of time and are applicable in a variety of situations. In Section6.2, we will study some common resources, so that the reader can get some intuition in identifying them in real systems. We will then build up, in Section6.3, a set of tool to help us trade freely available (unconstrained) resources for scarce (constrained) ones. Properly applied, these tools allow us to match the design to the constraints at hand. Finally, in Section6.4, we will outline a methodology for performance analysis and tuning. This methodology helps pinpoint problems in a design and build a more efficient and robust system.

• 翻訳、お願いします。

翻訳、お願いします。 INDICATIONS:For the reller of heartburn,sour stomach or acid indigestion and upset stomach associated with these symptoms. DIRECTIONS:Chew 1 or 2 tablets as sypmptoms ococur. Repeat hourly if symptoms return,or as directedby physician. Freedom is an entirely new and unique medical formulation which has proven more effective than ordinary dandruff shampoos in dealing with scalp problems.Recommended by doctrs. Directions:Shake the bottle well before use.Wet hair,and massage in enough Freedom to from a thick lather .Wrap a dry towel around the head to completely cover the hair,and leave for three minutes.Rinse thoroughly and repeat.Use twice wekly initially,and then as often as necessary. Cautions:Do not use within one week of permanenting or drying.Keep out reach of children.Avoid contact with jewelry and metal surfaces.FOR EXTERNAL USE ONLY.

• 翻訳

海外で部屋を借りようと思いますが、オーナーより以下メールが届きました。 お恥ずかしながら、英語力不足のため理解に苦しんでおります。 よろしければ要約願います。 Presently, I am in the UK, {London to be precise}, This is the reason I want to rent my apartment out The only option at hand now is, if we can both go through the normal proceedure.. we can still arrive at exactly what you wanted. You can move in even if i am not there to usher you in. The processes are not much, you only need to sign a Lease document {which we can both do online}, then you need to have some documents to yourself as proof of assurance, then we proceed to the payment level and giving you a reference number {like a code} which you would take to the FEDEX head office, to get the keys, because without the reference number, nobody can get the keys except someone i give it to and i would be called to confirm first. Incase you want to be sure of how genuine the person is...this is the reason I would be willing to make available a scanned copy of my Passport and my Certificate of Occupancy, which I am not supposed to expose over the internet for security reasons.... but in this situation, we need to be sure of whom we are both dealing with. I would need to prepare the Lease document with your {Full name, Present Contact address, and Phone number}. So, I would need you to give me the information required for the form which I listed above. I would be expecting to read from you very soon.

• 和訳(翻訳)お願いします。(早く、急いで!!)

和訳(翻訳)お願いします。(早く、急いで!!) INDICATIONS:For the reller of heartburn,sour stomach or acid indigestion and upset stomach associated with these symptoms. DIRECTIONS:Chew 1 or 2 tablets as sypmptoms ococur. Repeat hourly if symptoms return,or as directedby physician. Freedom is an entirely new and unique medical formulation which has proven more effective than ordinary dandruff shampoos in dealing with scalp problems.Recommended by doctrs. Directions:Shake the bottle well before use.Wet hair,and massage in enough Freedom to from a thick lather .Wrap a dry towel around the head to completely cover the hair,and leave for three minutes.Rinse thoroughly and repeat.Use twice wekly initially,and then as often as necessary. Cautions:Do not use within one week of permanenting or drying.Keep out reach of children.Avoid contact with jewelry and metal surfaces.FOR EXTERNAL USE ONLY.

• 至急、翻訳お願いします。

至急、翻訳お願いします。 INDICATIONS:For the relief of heartburn,sour stomach or acid?indigestion and upset stomach associated with these symptoms. DIRECTIONS:Chew 1 or 2 tablets as symptoms occur. Repeat hourly symptoms return,or as directed by physician. Freedom is an entirely new and unique medical formulation? which? has proven more effective than ordinary dandruff shampoos in dealing with scalp problems.Recommended by doctors. Directions:Shake the bottle well before use. Wet hair,and massage in enough Freedom to form a thick lather. Wrap a dry towel around? the head to completely cover the hair,and leave for three minutes. Rinse thoroughly and repeat. Use twice weekly initially,and then as often as necessary. Cautions:Do?not?use within one week of permanenting or dyeing. Keep out of reach of children. Avoid contact with jewelry and metal surfaces. FOR EXTERNAL USE ONLY.

• 翻訳をお願いします。(英→日)

Work principle : Smart body sensor PIR bulb, when person gets in sense range, bulb will light up and auto light off after 1 minute when person leaves; also it will not light up in the day, only work in dark environment or at night Operation instruction: 1.Bulb can be installed near stair, better to let bulb head turn to exit/entrance 2.The bulb should be keep far away from heater, air condition, fridge, stove, such places which temperature is high and sensitive (over absolute zero degree object will probably make bulb light up) 3.Do not put any shield, furniture, or big object around the bulb 4.Do not turn it to the window for avoiding hot air /white light perturbance, and body motion to wrongly light up the bulb 5.Do not install bulb near gate or airway Trouble removal: 1.When install it, it will auto light up and off, occasionally it can auto light up, the reason may be there's animal moving or bulb turns to hot place, or install angle is not correct 2.If it auto light up every 8s and light off every 30s and it repeats that, now you should check whether there's person or animal moving around it, or can take the bulb to another room for checking. 電球の説明書です。 どうかよろしくお願い致します。

• 英文を訳して下さい。

Roads were flooded by destroying drains and water-courses; wells sabotaged by drilling a shaft next to them and exploding a charge, permanently ruining the well. Much of the explosive used by the Germans (Donarit, Westphalite and Perdit) had the property of water-absorption so could be neutralised by dousing. Some British booby-trap patrols made German prisoners go first, who revealed traps rather than be blown up and British tunnellers removed 22,000 lb (10,000 kg) of explosives. (In some areas no booby-traps were found, as German divisional commanders had been allowed to choose whether to mine their areas and some refused.) Trees were to be cut down, wells polluted and the civilian population forced to leave the area. Rupprecht objected to the scorched-earth policy on moral and practical grounds, that the destruction would be a propaganda disaster, provide enemy troops with shelter, material to repair the damage to roads and undermine the morale and discipline of the German soldiers involved in the destruction.