• ベストアンサー

現在分詞、to不定詞、関係詞

以下の(1)の文のprotestingの部分を(2)to不定詞(3)関係代名詞whoを使って書き換えようと思いますが可能でしょうか?またその場合意味は各々違ったものになるのでしょうか?どうぞご教示ください。 (1)You recieved calls from several leaders of local unions protesting the hiring of non-union workers. (2)You recieved calls from several leaders of local unions to protest the hiring of non-union workers. (3)You recieved calls from several leaders of local unions who protested the hiring of non-union workers.

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数2

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • mabomk
  • ベストアンサー率40% (1414/3521)
回答No.1

(1)You received calls from several leaders of local unions protesting the hiring of non-union workers. (2)You received calls from several leaders of local unions to protest the hiring of non-union workers. これでは「~~~に抗議するための」を文頭に置いた To protest the hiring of non-union workers you received calls from several leaders of local unions. と読み間違えられる可能性を含んだものになる、、 訳として「〈我々が〉非組合員の雇用に抗議するため、~~~~の~~~~の電話を受けた〉と 、、(全体の文脈からしてその可能性は実際は少ないかも知れませんが)〈決して間違いではありませんが〉 (3)You received calls from several leaders of local unions who protested the hiring of non-union workers. これは完璧ですね。

tenorkenpa
質問者

お礼

有難うございました。参考になりました。

関連するQ&A

• to:誰の貿易利潤?

A non-member country's volume of exports and export profit to a customs union of size K is a devreasing function of K. これは「非メンバー国の、大きさKの関税同盟への貿易量と貿易利潤は、Kの減少関数である」と和訳出来ると思うのですが、文法が分かりません。 それは、"export profit"と"to a customs union"の関係です。"volume of exports"と"to a customs union"は「関税同盟への貿易量」というかたちで理解できるのですが、"export profit"と"to a customs union"は「関税同盟の貿易利潤」となってしまうような気がします。 これと同根の問題(to)だと思うのですが、 An outside country's exports profits to the members of the merging unions fall from 1 to 0.8. という文が訳せません。 どなたか、よろしくお願いします。

• to不定詞 か 現在分詞か

Last Monday,I was reading a newspaper after breakfast. Then my dog began to bark. It knew that the bus (go) to our school was coming. I started from my house quickly. これの( )内のgoを適切な形になおしなさい。という問題です。 自分は (to go)(不定詞の形容詞的用法) になると思ったのですが、解答は(going)でした。なぜ going になるのか分からないので解説をお願いします。

• to不定詞と現在分詞について

someone inviting you の訳は、あなたを紹介してる誰か someone to invite you の訳は、あなたが紹介する誰か だと思います。 これは両方とも後置修飾ですよね?どうして同じ後置なのに解釈が 全く変わってくるのでしょうか? ingとto では微妙なニュアンスの違いってあるのですか?

• 英文の穴埋めの添削をお願いします!不定詞

1)I'm not proud of (my family being rich). 2)This dress needs (mending). 3)"Our trip to Tokyo was fun, wasn't it?" "Yes, it was great! I'm really looking forward (to going) there again sometime." 4)Would you mind (to close)the door? 5)If you happen (to seeing) John, please let me know. 6)The government has refused (to allow) foreign journalists into the area for several weeks. 7)Are you used (to singing) in public? 8)Her hobbies are (playing the guitar and singing). 9)"What would you like to do today?" "I feel like (going) for a drive." 10)We finally (succeeded to reach) the top of the mountain. ()内の穴埋めです。 解説や英訳も加えてくださると助かります。 添削よろしくお願いしますm(_ _)m

• 関係詞thatをto 不定詞や現在分詞にする

関係詞thatをto 不定詞や現在分詞にする In one scenario, a tissue engineer injects or places a given molecule, such as a growth factor, into a wound or an organ that requires regeneration. 一つの計画の筋書きでは、組織を専門にする技師が、再生を必要とする損傷や臓器の中に、成長因子のようなある特定の分詞を注入するか置くかする。 a wound or an organ that requires regeneration.のthatをtoにして a wound or an organ to require regeneration・・・(1) a wound or an organ required regeneration・・・・(2) a wound or an organ requiring regeneration・・・・(3) それぞれ同じ意味となりますでしょうか?間違っていたらその理由も教えていただけると嬉しいです。お願いします。

• 関係詞の問題教えてください

関係詞の問題教えてください 1省略されている関係詞どこになにが入りますか? 1-1 Who was the pretty girl you spoke to at the bus stop this morning? 1-2 This is the very thing I have wanted to buy. 1-3 She is not the woman she was before she married. 2関係詞を使って1文に 2-1 Her only daughter often writes to her. She is now in New York. 2-2 He gave me two books. I have read neither of them yet. 2-3 You can see from here the roof of a white building. What is that building? 2-4 You had better put the book back on the desk. Because the owner will come back. 3「   」内の関係詞を使って全文を書き換え 3-1「than 」 It was an intersting book and I didn't expected that. 3-2「as」  He is a teacher and it is clear from his way of talking. 3-3「as ~as 」 He wanted the books , and bought them. よろしくお願いします

• 英文についての質問

「タフト・ハートリー法」についてのことをまとめました。 The Taft-Hartley Act, an amendment to the Wagner Act of 1935, was designed to benefit all parties to a labor agreement—the employer, employees, and the labor union. The Act was amended to protect employees' rights from these unfair practices by unions. The Taft-Hartley Act reserved the rights of labor unions to organize and bargain collectively, but also outlawed closed shops, giving workers the right to decline to join a union. The Taft-Hartley Act also placed significant limitations on the union rights to strike and boycott. この最後の2文でまとめることできますか? なんとなくですけど、言っていることが似たようなことな感じがするので1文にまとめられないかな?と思うんですが、どうでしょうか? 覚えないといけないので、簡単にしていただけると嬉しいです。 よろしくお願いいたします。

• 不定詞と現在分詞

San Francisco is a nice place to live in. この文の to live は、living では駄目なのでしょうか? もし駄目ならその理由が知りたいのですが・・

• 不定詞?それとも現在分詞?

NHKテレビ「新感覚・キーワードで英会話」のホームページ゛に毎回テストが掲載されます。 http://www.nhk.or.jp/shinkankaku/flash.html 今回GET,HAVEのテストで不定詞/現在分詞の使い方が解りません。 (1)I'll get the baby(to sleep/sleeping). (2)OK, let's get (to go/going). (質問)(1),(2)とも現在分詞が正解ですが、その根拠はなんでしょうか? 不定詞/現在分詞の使い分けで注意をすることを教えて下さい。よろしくお願いいたします。以上

• 分詞構文

難民問題に取り組んだ高等弁務官Aへのインタビューです。 冷戦の終結後、強国が他国への干渉を避けるようになったことに続けて、インタビュアーがたずねます。 Interviewer: Along with this reluctance, expectations about what your office should do have increased, haven't they? A: There is reluctance, but there is also pressure. Before the television age, nobody really knew much of the human suffering. But now, these tragedies appear on our television screens and governments know there is something they have to do. Interviewer: So as you do your work, people see starving children or victims of war on TV. But on the other hand, leaders of powerful countries are still reluctant to give what is needed to resolve the situation. A: That's right. They don't want to put the lives of their own people in danger. Interviewer: Part of your job is to persuade countries to accept refugees fleeing from their own countries. A: Yes, and 【having made sure the borders are open】, we have to establish safety and bring in the necessary relief materials. But I would like to emphasize that it is not just the matter of giving food and money to refugees. You have to ensure their safety; that is the most important part of protection work. 2点教えていただきたいです。 (1)【 】部分の模範訳が 『国境が開かれるように保証するために』となっています。(解説はありません) 模範訳だと確かに前後とつながるんですが 分詞構文だと思っていたので なにか納得できません。 どう考えればいいでしょうか。 (2)完了形になっているのはなぜでしょうか。 よろしくお願いいたします。