• ベストアンサー

英語の翻訳で助けて下さい

投資信託のレポートに以下の文章が出てきました。 この corrective spellの意味が分からなくて困っています。投資関係の英語のサイトにはよく出てきている言葉のようです。「調整期間」という感じかなと思ったのですが、今一つしっくりきません。ご存じの方がいらしたら教えて下さい。 Obviously after the rally seen in the last few months, a corrective spell is always feasible as the market has already priced in a particularly negative outlook. よろしくお願いします。

• 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数7

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • clint44
  • ベストアンサー率43% (22/51)
回答No.1

語義的には、jack2876さんのおっしゃるとおり「調整期間」というとらえ方でよいと思います。 前段で出てきている"rally"は「価格の上昇」と解釈できますので、 「最近の二、三ヶ月で観られた価格上昇の後では、当然のことながら、いつ下降に転じてもおかしくない。事実、市場では悲観的見通しに基づいた値付けがなされている」 というような文意かと思われます。 要するに、いまは慎重に成り行きを見守るべきときだといっているようです。

jack2876
質問者

お礼

Clint44さん ありがとうございました。Clint44さんの訳文を読んで全体の内容にも納得がいきました。

その他の回答 (1)

noname#202629
noname#202629
回答No.2

Obviously after the rally seen in the last few months, a corrective spell is always feasible as the market has already priced in a particularly negative outlook. corrective spellは"間違ったスペルを正す”の意味であり、"調整”と訳してよいと思います。 前文で increased financing requirements should not any negative impact in the near terms, with the bond yields likely stay low .... 2009. と言っていますので、 after the rally seen in the last few months, は、貸し出し金利の上昇を示しているのでは? the market has already priced in a particularly negative outlook は”債権の利回りが今年は低迷するであろう”と言う前文の見通しの言い換えになりますか。 すると 此処数ヶ月の金利の上昇は、ネガティブな織り込み済みのマーケット観からすれば何時でも調整(correct the number of short term interest rate)は可能です・・・ の様に理解しました。

参考URL:
http://sierraclubfunds.com/pdf/commentary/2008/2008_December_Intl_FI_Commentary.pdf
jack2876
質問者

お礼

fruchan さん 確かに「調整」と訳すとすっきりします。 ありがとうございました。

関連するQ&A

• 翻訳をお願い致します。

What's next? Are they going to roll out their false flag ops? I'm sure they have a few already planned just waiting in the wings.

• 英語の翻訳お願いします

But apart from of any potential payoff, I believe that the quest for knowledge for the sake of knowledge is irreplaceable. It seems to me essential that a developed nation participate in this expansion of knowledge for the good of all mankind, and that it devote to this effort a fraction of its resources, even without any film hope of material benefit in return. If unexpected applications do materialize as a bonus, so much the better. A few remarks are in other, however. This“pure”science does have an obligation. It must produce truly original results. There is no place for research which merely reproduces, expect for a detail or two, an experiment already successfully performed. But how does one judge the degree of novelty? At present, this difficult evaluation is carried out informally, by the seat of the pants so to speak, by the scientific community-not entirely without errors or injustices, to be sure, but, by and large, with fairly satisfactory results. A word of caution:it does sometimes happen that, in order to reach a particular goal, several avenues prove feasible, utilizing very different means, some quite elaborate, others much simpler or considerably less costly. Should one, for instance, send humans into space, or should one rely on unmanned spacecraft? One must constantly remain alert to the danger that research might get mired in enormous projects of doubtful utility. This is the responsibility that scientists must assume on behalf of the taxpayers of their respective countries.

• off-grid

My boyfriend and I have been dating for 18 months and moved in together about five months ago. We live in an apartment near the center of town. He’s always been interested in sustainability and environmental issues. Recently, he’s become interested in the tiny house movement, and we’ve now had a few conversations about moving somewhere rural and off-grid. ここでのoff-gridはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 英語の問題

大学の入試問題です。 A: Do you think I could wait a few months before investing? B: Listen, if you invest in this project now, you will really be getting ( ) the ground floor and you will make a lot of money. 選択肢が ア at it in on イ in on it at ウ on at it in エ on it in at get in on the groundという表現がありますが、at itの役割がわからず、答えが選べません。 わかる方、解説をお願いします。

• 翻訳をお願いします

“I’m such a huge fan of being her street team in terms of her being one of the best writers ever,” she said. “No one talks about it! They always talk about the songbird and I’m like, ‘Great, vocals for days, obviously.’ But, guys, name another artist that’s that successful that wrote it all." 翻訳サイトを使っても意味がわかりません。 Kelly Clarksonが彼女の大ファンであるMariah Careyの作曲能力について語っています。 ここでの私は”Kelly Clarkson”です。 ここでの彼女は”Mariah Carey”です。 よろしくお願い致します。

• これらの文がうまく訳せなくて困っています。

これらの文がうまく訳せなくて困っています。助けてください。よろしくお願いします。 The principle in the song composed in 1950 by Louis Furnberg was the rule: “The Party , the Party is always right and may it stay like that, comrades! Because whoever fights for what is right, is always in the right against lies and exploitation. The SED thus wielded a wide-ranging control over the activity of the state. The CC of the SED, a deviant form of internal party democracy, a pseudo-parliament within the Party, convened a intervals of a few months, acted as a mouthpiece for the political edicts of the Politburo, only in a few cases did it make use of the control function theoretically ascribed to it in relation to the all-powerful and complacent Party leadership.

• 英語の質問です

英語の問題なんですけど、答えてくださる方早急にお願いいたします! He gave her a beautiful ring. と同じ文構造をもつ文が以下のうち全部で2つあるらしいのですが、どれとどれか分かる方お願いします。 (1) Keep a diary in English. (2) Shall I bring you a glass of water? (3) There are twelve months in a year. (4) Nobody found this quiz too difficult. (5) She turned pale when she heard the news. (6) She found me the book. (7) She became the first woman doctor in the village. (8) He knows how to cook. (9) Please leave me alone. (10) I always leave for school at six in the morning.

• 翻訳をお願い致します。

As a huge fan of the band I really hope these rumors are not true and the band announce plans for a new album sometime in the next few months, but we’ll see. A fan recently had a great quote regarding Rock Band that really rings true. They’re one of the best rock bands out there, they just don't know it. Scott, Dean, Robert, and Eric, rock needs you making music!

• 英語が分からないので教えてください

Use the present perfect simple or present perfect continuous form of the verb to complete the sentences. 1.I (send) a message to Susan already. 2.Catherine (work) on the plans all morning. 3.Marie (book) hotel rooms for everyone now. 4.Greg (run) Shore for nearly twenty-five years. 5.I (not see) their new offices yet. 6.Lucas (be) to California twice before. 7.Jessica (look) for a job for the last few months. 8.Don't worry. Greg (not wait) long.

• 英語文献の翻訳に困っています。だれか助けて下さい。

Adolescence is a period of advancement to adulthood. There is no clear point at which one can say that the adolescent has changed to man or woman. As with all biological phenomena, and most psychological changed, there is a process going on that involves barely perceptible changes from one day to the next. Often parents do not realize how quickly the changes are in fact taking place, however, until someone who has not seen the adolescent for a few months comments on the remarkable growth in height, or change in voice (in both males and females), or onset of other visible signs of maturity , some of which are sexual. Adolescent girls may worry about the size of their breasts-too small or too large, depending on the current fad-and boys about the size of their penis-“too small”, usually, but occasionally “too large.” Disuse, incidentally, does not cause the penis to atrophy, nor does frequent use make it larger(Katchadourian,1997).