Lack of Courage and the Void: Understanding the Meaning Behind the Obscure Sentence

このQ&Aのポイント
  • If we lack the courage to take our journeys, we create a void where our piece of the puzzle could have been, to the collective, as well as our personal, detriment.
  • This sentence reflects the importance of having the courage to pursue our individual paths and contribute to the collective whole.
  • By not taking action and embracing our unique roles, we miss out on the opportunity to make a meaningful impact on the world.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

次の英文の意味がわからないのですが・・・

本を読んでいて、意味のわからない文章に出くわしました。 ご教授いただけないでしょうか? If we lack the courage to take our journeys, we create a void where our piece of the puzzle could have been, to the collective, as well as our personal, detriment. 世界の状況を変えるためには、我々全員がそれぞれの仕事をしっかりやらないといけない、というような文章を読んでいたのですが、上記でつっかかってしまいました。 読み進めてきて、どうも上記の意味がはっきりわからず、恐縮ですがご教授いただけないでしょうか? よろしくお願いいたします。

• boooks
  • お礼率55% (187/336)
  • 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
noname#76693
noname#76693
回答No.1

あまり時間がないので手短に、「丸投げ」に相当しないようにお答えします。 もし我々が弱気になって”journey”に取り組まないと、 パズルは完成しない(隙間ができてしまう)だろう、 それは全体的にも個人的にも”detriment”だ。 分かりますでしょうか?たぶん大丈夫ですよね?

boooks
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます。 バッチリわかりました。

関連するQ&A

• 英文の意味を教えて下さい。

アメリカのネットショップで小物を購入予定です。 支払いの件で相手からメールが来ました。すみませんが意味を教えて下さい。お願いします。 Regretfully we still stand in the same situation, our company has not accepted your payment via credit card. As stated online and in our website no international credit cards are accepted. We have voided the transaction, since you are international we are not certain how many days for you to be able to see the money back into your account. As well it is not possible for us to send your order with our courier/shipper without receiving funds before. For international orders we are not able to collect COD as you mentioned. If interested in placing an order with our company we are able to accept wire transfer, there is a fee for this service. Based on the information you have provided and location, shipping fees exceed over $100.00. As mentioned we will need to receive all funds prior to shipping.

• 英文の意味を教えて下さい。

アメリカのネットショップで小物を購入予定です。欲しい商品があったのですが在庫について質問をしていました。返事が来たのですが専門用語などがありちょっと私にはわかりませんでした。すみませんが意味を教えて下さい。お願いします。 all the xxx we received from 2018 collection are sold out, we don't have any piece left even for our website. For 2018 collection AAA please revise our digital catalog and I will see if we have any left over from our orders. As I mention before, we are giving priority to USA domestic orders first. So I will try to reserve the items you want before the container comes. For STR group we have an ETA for end of March. From your previous order here are the styles that you order: BBBB,CCCC Do you still want me to send you this items? Please let me know so I can reserve those pieces for you.

• 英文の意味を教えて下さい。

ある雑誌を読んでいましたら下記のようなコメントがありました。なんとなくはわかりましたが、正確な意味が知りたくなってしまいました。 すみませんが意味を教えて下さい。 yes. if they don't listen to us, we will force to pull them down from online because we care about our brand in USA

• 英文の意味を教えて下さい。

仕事の出張で英語圏の国に先週行ってきました。相手のウェブサイトを聞き忘れたので先ほどメールで伝えました。返事が来たんですがいまいち意味がわかりません。すみませんが意味を教えて下さい。お願いします。 Very good to hear that your stay was wonderful and educational as we have learned little bit more about your business as well as the market and culture in Japan. As discussed our meetings will have benefits and opportunity to learn about each other and collaborate even more to increase our Japan presence and business. I will be addressing all of what we had discussed in the next couple of weeks but meanwhile for the website, what platform will you be using. Here at AAA, we use Magento platform, if you use the same platform it will be easier to transfer the contents from ours so you might want to consult with your website professional. Once again, thank you for visiting us and hoping the best for our new beginning.

• 英文の意味を教えてください。

アメリカのネットショップで小物を購入予定です。とても安くて小さいものなのでまとめ売りらしいです。 発送ができるか質問を相手にしていたのですが返事がきました。すみませんが意味を教えてください。お願いします。 We are in receipt of your below mail and thank you very much for your interest in our articles. Of course we would be pleased to welcome you as our new customer and we could deliver our articles directly from LA to your address in Japan. Please kindly note that we have quite a few customers in Japan and it is absolutely no problems to import our goods. Since you have not clarified which articles you would like to purchase we suggest to have a look at our homepage 11111 and choose the requested items. Once you will let us know which items you would like to purchase we can send you our best offer. Since most of our articles are packed in boxes containing 2 or 3 pieces we normally request a minimum order quantity of a complete box. In case of orders for less than a complete box our prices get increased by 30 %. If the order is for more than 5 pieces of one article our prices will get decreased. Hoping to have been of assistance to you and awaiting your detailed inquiry.

• 英文の意味が分かりません。

言語に関する文章の一部なんですが、次の二つの【 】部分の意味が分かりません。 (1)【In virtue of knowing the word】, we are able to apply it correctly to anything that can be categorized as a tree (【in contrast ,say,to a bush, a shrub, or an electricity pylon.】) (2)Language itself is an object of categorization.Like everything else in our environment, every linguistic utterance is a unique event.【That language is able to be used as a means of communication at all rests on our ability to recognize, in the flux of language events, instances of linguistic categories -- such things as phonemes, words, word classes, clause types, and so on.】 分かる方がいたら、訳だけでなくコロケーション的なものの意味も添えて教えていただけると助かります。 よろしくお願いします。

• 次の英文の意味は・・・?

James Patterson の Judge & Jury を読んでいます。 Chapter 17 のなかに、次のような文章があるのですが・・・、 (状況は、母親が子供を学校に迎えに行った場面で、子供は友人と ゲームをして母親を待っていた。そこへ母親が来て・・) "Mom," Jarrod crowded, "check it out. We're on level six." "Well, I'm afraid we're going to have to level six it out of here. Mom's beat." ここでわからないのは、母親のセリフのなかの "level six" です。 have to の後にきているので動詞として使われているようですが、 この用法は普通の使い方ですか? 意味は「レベル6でおしまいにする、中断する、お開きにする」というようなことになると思うんですが、ほかの意味もありますか? どなたかご存知の方、よろしくお願いします。

• 英文の意味を教えて下さい。

アメリカのネットショップで小物を注文しました。値引きの事で相手に質問をしていたんですが返事がきました。すみませんが意味を教えてくれませんか?お願いします。 Just returning from our show in Vegas so I am little behind on my replies. As for the discount we will not be able to make any adjustments at the moment and since we will be discussing distribution in Japan we will not be adjusting any price tiers for Japan until it is finalized. Yes, we do sell out very quickly. This year we have increased our production but the demands are greater so it is getting very difficult to stay in stock. Sorry I can’t help.

• ドイツからの英文のメールの意味が分かりません

ドイツの事務所(日本の司法書士のような事務所)に、役所(行政機関)へのある手続を、「費用は支払うから頼みます。」とメールしました。 すると、相手から次のようなメールが来ました。 Dear Mr. ○○○, Thank you for your kind email! We guess you want to go forward with the payment of the fee. May we kindly ask you to mark for our records our formal reminder as attached with your cross at the right place? 上記の英文メールの意味がよく分からないのですが、どういう意味・趣旨でしょうか? 私からの依頼について、メールだけではなく、依頼文書の原本の紙を郵便でドイツに送ってくれという意味でしょうか? それとも、費用を前金で支払えというようなことでしょうか? お教え下さい。

• どうか次の英文を訳してください。

何度か訳していただく質問をさせていただきましたが、これが最後になります。 最終、下記の英文がわからず残ってしまいました。 これで約550の例文の訳が終わりです。 (1) Do you have any interest whatever in going to a concert when you don't understand music? (2) What a child with to its parents, the dog is to he and my wife. (3) Happy is the person who meets the right friend at the right time. (4) The vices of others we keep before our eyes, our own behind our back. (5) She plays with him as a cat with a mouse. (6) You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all the people all of the time. 各単語の意味は難しくないのですが、なかなか意訳できません。 宜しくお願いします。