• ベストアンサー

訳し方が分かりません。。。英語できる方、訳し方を教えてください。

Crystal has suggested that political (particulary military) might is a significant factor for language use-something which may have been true once, but which does not seem as viable a force today, given changes in the nature of national power...the way that culture values are projected and...the way markets are opened for the circulation of goods and services. Graddol therefore proposes, as an alternative, that economic and demographic factors might be more useful for shedding light on how language acuire importance. 1. political (particulary military) might is a significant factor for language use-something which may have been true onceのpolitical (particulary military) might は「政治的に違いない」と訳すのでしょうか? 2. significant factor for language useをどう訳したらいいのか分かりません。 3. useのあとの"-"部分はどう処理すべきなのでしょうか? 4. may have been true onceは「真実はひとつに違いないだろう」が先行詞language use-something にかかってるのでしょうか? 5. which does not seem as viable a force todayのasは「~として」と訳していいのでしょうか? 6. Graddol therefore proposes, as an alternativeのasも「~として」と訳すのでしょうか?

• 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数0

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • googoo1956
  • ベストアンサー率47% (623/1316)
回答No.2

○ No.1の方と重なる部分はご容赦ください。 1.政治力(特に軍事力) 2.(その国が)どの言語を使用するかを決める重要な要素 3.前の節に内容を言い換える用法。すなわち「政治力(または軍事力)が(その国が)どのような言語を使用するかを決める重要な要素であったという事例が、かつては実際にあった。」ことを示します。 4.上記の3.の日本語訳を参考にして下さい。 5.「as viable a force today」の後に「as before」を補ってください。同等比較の「as ... as」です。「今日では(以前ほど)効力を発揮しそうには思われない・・・」と訳してはどうでしょうか。 6.その通りです。「代替案として(提案した)。」となります。 ○ ご参考になれば・・・。

その他の回答 (1)

回答No.1

1. mightは名詞で「力」「権力」の意。「政治的な(特に軍事的な)力」 2. 「言語使用にとっての重要な要素」 3.ダッシュ(―)は前の部分を言い換えるときに使います。 ここではsomething which...が前の部分全体を言い換えているのか、political mightを言い換えているのかがよくわかりませんが、何となく前の部分(「政治力が言語使用にとっての重要な要素であるということ」)を言い換えているような気がします。 I passed the examination―something which no one had expected. (私は試験に受かったが、そのことは誰も予想していなかったことだった。) 4. onceは副詞。「かつては真実であったかもしれない」 5. asは「~であるように」のほうが適当でしょうか。「今日では(政治力は)有望な力であるようには思われない。」 6.このasは「~として」でいいと思います。「Graddolは(政治力に)代わる要素として、・・・ということを提唱している。」

関連するQ&A

• 英語できる方、教えてください。。。。。

訳し方が分かりません。英語できる方教えてください。。。 The development of a single world standard English seems unlikely, and a more viable prediction is for a continued polycentrism for English, in which a number of standards, including order ones such as those of Britain and America, will compete across the global market. 1. 文頭のThe development of a single world standard English部分は「単一世界の標準英語の発達」と訳していいのでしょうか?(単一世界というのが日本語の表現として適切なのか知りたいです。) 2. more viable prediction is for a continued polycentrism for Englishは「より実現可能な英語のための継続的な多極主義の予測」と訳すのでしょうか?こちらも、日本語の意味として違和感を感じてなりませんが、どのように訳せば英語らしい訳になるのか分かりません。 3. ,in which a number of standards, including order ones such as those of Britain and America, will compete across the global market.の部分の,in whichをどう訳せばいいのかが分かりません。「イギリスやアメリカの標準を含む多くの標準」と訳せばいいのでしょうか?

• どなたか英語が分かる方よろしくお願いします。

長文ですが翻訳の出来る方よろしくお願いします。 He is a man who likes music and may have musical hobbies, or could play an instrument, or like composing and singing and recording. He is good at composing but also what transcends his ability to compose is to interpret other work. II think he like music of a classical kind. Also traditional rock Ballard music. Music that he feels has something important to say about life. Guitar music. He likes words and language and may have learned some other language, or be studying it and the culture and music, that goes with that country and language. Domestic life will appeal, and he likes to spend time with his family and pets. Traditional oriental things appeal to him. Both customs and items. He will enjoy cooking and making food, he may have an interest in foods and wines, and will enjoy dinning out too. He will like to attend feasts and festivals. There may be a musical and also a military background in has family that ha inspired him. He also likes military things, involvement in the outdoors, or some militant cause, local environment and its issues, to take a leading part in the community, things like residents associations, local politics, communities issues, he may fight intellectually for his beliefs, likes a great reformer and fighter for his community. Or his military interests may be more out door, arts of self defense, scout leader, outward bound clubs, territorial army, this sort of volunteer soldiering hobby.

• 英語得意な方、訳していただけないでしょうか?

次の文を訳していただけないでしょうか? The issue is not simply the manifest nature of language and music, but the extent to which they rely on the same computational processes in the brain. Our ultimate concern is with the evolved physical and psychological propensities that provide the capacities for language and music in our species, Homo sapiens. When dealing with such capacities, as much attention must be given to those for listening as to those for producing.

• 英語の問題

英語の問題集を解いていて、わからないものがあります。 Surprising (   ) seem, the Bible is still the world's best-seller. (1) may it (2) however it may (3) as it may (4) does it という問題で、(1)が正解でした。その後、 Astonishing (   ) seem, he is the very person that you have been looking for. (1) so it may (2) as it may (3) may it (4) does it という問題が出てきたので、(3)を選んだのですが、(2)が正解になっていました。これらの文にはどういう違いがあるのでしょうか。わかる方がいましたら、ご回答よろしくお願いします。

• may as well とmight as wellについて

we might(just) as well have stayed at home. (家にいた方がましだった。(実際には外出してしまった)) のようにmight as well have p.pは「~した方がましだった」という意味をあらわすと文法書にあったのですが、自分はこれは仮定法過去完了ではないかと思うのです。。 これをmay as well have stayedにすれば、(「家にいたも同然だ」の意味でとるのではなく・・・)mightではなくmayだから「家にいた方が ましだった」が、「実際には外出してしまった」の意味は含まれないのでしょうか? また、 I said to them:"Comment allez-vou?"I might just as well have been talking greek to them. (「ごきげんいかがですか」と彼らに言ったが、(通じなくて)ギリシャ語で話しかけているようなものだった) という文があったのですが、これは仮定法過去完了だとしてもmay just as well have been talkingに変えても意味の違いが出ない気がするので、仮定法過去完了ではない気がするのですがどうでしょうか? すみません、どなたかご教授願います。

• 英語問題

下記の語群から( )に入る適切な英単語を語群から選び、必要な場合は適切な形に変えて埋めてください。 denial: The first ( )to a terminal illness is to ( )the reality of the situation. The patient refuses to accept the diagnosis. This is a normal response to strong emotions. anger: Once you return to reality, you might become angry. This is a common stage where you think “Why me?” . The angry may be ( )at friends, family, and co-workers. We know these people are not to be ( )Emotionally, however, we may ( )them for causing us pain. bargaining: When something bad happens, we might think, “If you ( )me, I will never eat my favorite food again. “This is bargaining. You are so eager for your life to get back to normal. This is a kind of ( )to protect us from the ( )realty. depression: Depression is a commonly accepted from of grief . In this stage, you might ( )from life and feel weak . The world might seem too much and too hard for you to face. You might even experience ( )thoughts such as “My life has no meaning; it would be better for me to disappear.” acceptance: In this stage, your emotions may begin to be ( ). It’s not a good thing, but it’s something you can live with. It is a time of ( ). You understand your previous life can never be( ), but you move, grow, and evolve into your new reality. You want to appreciate the time you have been given. 語群 stable、deny、resent、heal、withdraw、react、aim、adjust、defend、fall、notice、blame、pain、suicide、replace

• 英語を訳してほしいです。。。

英語の授業で難しい訳の問題が当たりました。。自分で考えたのですが、わからなくて。。。お願いします! However, while no considerations of principle stand in the way, whether it is actually possible for international organizations to sue or be sued may depend on issues of immunity, as well as on whether or not they have standing, which in turn may or may not depend on whether they are to be considered as having legal personality.

• この英文の文構造を教えて下さい。

The intersection of cultural studies and petagogy offers the possibilities for educators to confront history as more than simulacrum and ethics as something other than the casualty of incommensurable language games. この文のas~as...は ...と同じくらい~ のas~as....でしょうか。 as something other than the casualty of incommensurable language games. のasの後または、somethingの後になにか省略されているものがあるのでしょうか。 訳していただくのはとてもお手数をおかけするので、文構造だけでも教えていただけないでしょうか。 よろしくお願いいたします。

• 大学入試レベルの英語の問題、解答お願いします。

空所補充 ( )をうめてください (A)you can use my car( )you drive carefully. 1、as good as 2、as long as 3、as much as 4、as well as (B)studying abroad can be an ( ) experience for student. 1,excite 2,excited 3,exciting 4,excitingly (C) ( )did i dream of a letter coming from my father since I hadn`t heard from him for years. 1,even 2,little 3,quite 4,so (D) But for his phone call, she ( ) late for yesterday`s meeting. 1,had seriously been 2,seriously was 3,would have been seriously 4,would seriously be (E)Tom`s actions are not ( ) of a gentleman. 1,that 2,these 3,those 4,which 全問じゃなくてもいいのでお願いします!

• 英文の訳出について

英語史のテキストの中で、以下はピジン語について書かれた部分なのですが、うまく訳せないので力を貸していただきたいです。 できれば文構造の解説もしてもらいたいです。 Alongside the standard varieties of English that were in use for official purposes, there also emerged language varieties which sociolinguists call pidgins. A pidgin is a language that arises when two or more different speech communities use their respective languages as the basis for a very basic language with a limited set of functions. よろしくお願いします。