• ベストアンサー

英文間違い探し

Some of the trucks were sent out with as many as 250 boxes, which is several boxes over the limit. The limit is 200 any truck. 間違いを一カ所指摘しなさいという問題です。 Some of the trucks→Some trucks でしょうか?

• 英語
  • 回答数4
  • ありがとう数4

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • ydna
  • ベストアンサー率63% (179/281)
回答No.4

200 any truck → 200 a truck または 200 per truck です。 which の先行詞は、250 boxes で、単数扱いです。 which is several boxes over the limit は、 The town is 20 km from this city. などと同じ構造です。 be の後ろに「数字+単位」(数量)が来て、これが「前置詞+名詞」を修飾する副詞句(程度/距離/時間)の役割をしています。 (The number of) the boxes [=250 boxes] is over the limit. が元になっています。 どれだけ over the limit かという「程度/度合い」を several boxes(副詞句) が表します。形の上で名詞ですが、副詞の働きをしています。名詞に見える副詞です。 「数十箱、(積載)制限を超えている」 over the limit は、形/副句に考えることができます。 もっと基本的な文例では、 I'm 【20 years】【old】.  20 years と old の関係と同じです。20 years [副句] と old [形]。 ------------------------------ several は、「少ない数」であって、a few より多く a lot より少ないので、状況に応じて表す数は異なります。 ------------------------------- Some of the trucks については、#3 の方の御回答の通りだと思います。その他に間違いらしきところはなさそうです。 以上、少しでもお役に立てたでしょうか?★★

milkyway60
質問者

お礼

非常に役に立つご回答をどうもありがとうございました。 お礼がたった一言になってしまい、すみません。

その他の回答 (3)

回答No.3

No.1です。 お言葉を返すようで申し訳ありませんが、which is は正しいと思います。whichが250 boxesを指していることは間違いがありませんが、ここでは250boxesが250個という複数概念ではなく、250個を一つの集合体として、その体積、重量というか数量を一つの単位として見たもので、単数扱いで間違いありません。 Ten miles is a long distance. という場合と同様だと思います。 なおSome of the trucks と言えば「どこかの団体などが所有する沢山のトラックの中の何台か」という意味にうけとれますが、これをSome trucksにしてしまえば、「何台かのトラック」というだけの漠然とした意味合いになってしまいます。

milkyway60
質問者

お礼

化学の文章などで、空気の一塊を「an air」と書いていた文章を読んだことがあります。そういう感覚に似ていますね。 ありがとうございました

• sacchan60
  • ベストアンサー率56% (13/23)
回答No.2

制限200なのに、250箱積んでしまい、4-5箱がオーバーで、、 という事を考えれば、算数の間違いです。 No. 1さんの答えも正しい気もしますが、Which が何を指しているのか によってはisでは無くareのような気がします。複数で考えれば、 trucks の前のthe がいらないです。 という事で、なんの問題でしょうね? 問題にたくさんの問題が含まれているようにおもいます。 という事で、正解はNo. 1サンのも含めて、いっぱいあるような気がします。 ごめんなさいね。 いい答えでなくて。

milkyway60
質問者

お礼

どうもありがとうございました

回答No.1

この文章で見る限り、誤りというのは最後のany truckでしょうね。「トラック一台につき」という意味でしょうから any ではなくて a または per にすべきものと思われます。  The limit is 200 per truck.またはThe limit is 200 a truck. が正解だと思います。

関連するQ&A

• 英文を訳して下さい。

Some of the German air units had recently arrived from Russia and lacked experience of Western Front conditions, some aircraft were being replaced and many single-seat fighter pilots were newly trained. German air reconnaissance had uncovered Anglo-French preparations for the Somme offensive and after a period of bad weather in mid-June, French preparations were also seen as far south as Chaulnes. British aircraft and kite balloons, were used to observe the intermittent bombardment, which began in June and the preliminary bombardment which commenced on 24 June.

• 英文の書き換え

the other class of machine consists of those whose function it is to be as sensitive as possible to some kind of change in their surroundings. タイトルの英文ですが下記のように書き換えられますか? the other class of machine consists of function which is to be as sensitive as possible to some kind of change in their surroundings.(1) the other class of machine consists of that those function is to be as sensitive as possible to some kind of change in their surroundings.(2) 宜しくお願い致します。

• 英文訳

日本語訳を教えて下さい Despite a measure of industrialization,many of industrializing agrarian societies citizens,a majority in some societies , are as poor as the common people ever were in traditional agrarian societies.

• 下記の英文を訳してくださる方はいませんか?

The picture is complicated because some persons carry over their work-related tasks into retirement, and some workers see the leisure after retirement as their just reward. Finally, “it seems entirely possible that, given sufficient income and transportation, the elderly who are in good health would willingly make use of whatever sources of leisure entertainment were available without longing for work” (Kalish,1975, p. 115). Retirement then is task for the society as well as for elderly persons. お願いします。

• 英文を訳して下さい。

Christmas Eve's battle slogan of liberation of Jelgava and all of Courland was proved to be just a slogan without serious coverage. The heavy casualties resulted in a strong resentment against the Russian generals and the Tsar among the riflemen. This resentment led to an increased support for the Bolsheviks, who were advocating an end to the war. However 12th Army Command severely punished Siberian Riflemen, who refused to go to battle - 92 of them were transferred to the war tribunal and condemned to death, and several hundred were sent to Siberia.Today Tirelis swamp and the nearby forests are part of the Museum of the Christmas Battles which in its turn is branch of Latvian museum of War. The museum was created to honour Latvian riflemen and all other soldiers who fought in the Riga front during the First World War. Many of the old trenches are still visible today, and there are also many reconstructed fortifications and bunkers.

• お願いします日本語に訳してください。4

友達に日本語訳頼まれて引き受けたんですが、量が多くて間に合いません。 少し手伝っていただけるとありがたいです。 よろしくお願いします Finally, the overseas labor market is not inununt io global recessions. In 2009, as several Middle Eastern economies sputtered, thousands of foreign workers were sent home. Such downturns can severely affect countries like India, which has some five million workers in the Persian Gulf. Still, the trend is expected to grow, thanks to the ongping integration of the global economy. As that happens, it's important that the rights of workers be protected both by the sending and receiving countries. スペルミスがあれば修正します。

• 英文の構造が分かりません。

Many schemes were put forward but none of them was any good. None of them, that is, until suddenly, one memorable afternoon, we found the dead mouth. この2文目の構造が分かりません。 この文の主語、動詞は何なのですか? コンマが多すぎてどこが副詞節になっているのかも分かりません。よろしくお願いします。

• 和訳を教えてください

和訳を教えてください 1He drank two bottles of beer and as much wine. 2Her job is to pack so many apples in so many boxes. 3You may pick as many flowers as you like. よろしくお願いします

• お手数ですが、次の英文を和訳して下さい。

Traditionally, the tozama were objects of Tokugawa mistrust, and though territorially strong, these lords could never hope to fudai colleagues. Nevertheless, even the tozama benefited from long-term changes. By 1700, it was no longer feasible for any group of daimyo to foment rebellion. Long periods of cohabitation in Edo, a city which was birthplace and childhood home of most of the domainal lords as well as the scene of their later compulsory residences, of outlook among them, and between them and ranking members of the Tokugawa lineage. Marriage and adoption, the later being freely used to ensure that no daimyo family should die out for lack of heirs, worked to the same end. Before long, many of the military lords were related to each other several times over, and similar links bound them to the Kyoto nobility and the Tokugawa house itself.

• 英文の和訳

和訳をしていただけるかたのみで お願いできますでしょうか? 再び挨拶の部分に入ったようです。 どうぞよろしくお願いいたします。 Before I continue with the reading. Allow me to introduce you to the very methodical way I work. My work is different to that of most other astrologers. I regard astrology as a kind of advanced science. When I researched for the Soul Mate Chart as well uncovering the buried secrets of the ancient star law I worked in methodical scientific way. I compared the charts of many thousands of couples. Some were famous, some were utterly unknown, some happy some miserable. I did this to find out how the details and fate and looks of one partner could show up distinctly in the others chart. So that it could be predicted with reasonable accuracy. his endeavor was both monumental and rewarding.