• ベストアンサー

『ハムレット』のセリフの和訳

シェークスピアの『ハムレット』に出てくる ”O, God, O God How weary, stale, flat, unprpfitable seem to me all the uses of this world.” の意味がよくわかりません。 もし、わかる方がいましたら、力を貸してください。 宜しくお願いいたします。

• 英語
  • 回答数3
  • ありがとう数4

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • taked4700
  • ベストアンサー率37% (777/2050)
回答No.1

文末強調のためだと思いますが、語順が普通と異なっています。 普通の語順に直すと、次のようになるはずです。 How weary, stale, flat, unprpfitable all the uses of this world seem to me . これなら、判りますよね。

maabu7
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます。Howを使った感嘆文でいいんですね。 わかりやすいアドバイスをありがとうございました。

その他の回答 (2)

• googoo1956
  • ベストアンサー率47% (623/1316)
回答No.3

>もし、わかる方がいましたら、力を貸してください。 ○ すみません。勢いで全文訳をしてしまいました。翻訳家になったつもりで、もっとすばらしい日本語訳を考えてみてください。 ○ なお、主語が後置されているのは、「韻」を踏ませるためだと思われます。シェイクスピアの戯曲には散文体ではなく韻文体で書かれたものが多いのですが、この「ハムレット」もその中のひとつですね。

maabu7
質問者

お礼

いえいえ、ありがとうございます。 おかげで、台詞のイメージがつかめました。 韻をふませるための倒置もあるなんて、さすがシェイクスピアは奥が深いなと思いました。 ありがとうございました。

• googoo1956
  • ベストアンサー率47% (623/1316)
回答No.2

>O, God, O God How weary, stale, flat, unprpfitable seem to me all the uses of this world ○ 「unprpfitable」は「unprofitable」でしょうね。 ○ 「all the uses of this world」が、この文の主語で倒置されています。「uses」は「慣習」、「しきたり」でしょう。 ○ 訳です。  「あー、神よ、この世の(しきたりの)すべてが、私にとっては、退屈、陳腐、単調、無駄という言葉で表すことができるように思われる。」

関連するQ&A

• 好きなセリフを教えてください

好きなシェイクスピアのセリフを教えてください。 以前「世界一有名な作家はだれ?」というアンケートをしたら、 シェイクスピアと回答する人が一番多かったです。 あんな古臭い作家を今でも読んでいる人が多いのかと思い驚きました。 (それが名作古典だと言われれば、それまでかもしれませんが) そこで、あなたの好きなシェイクスピアのセリフを教えてください。 原文でも訳文でも、どちらでもいいです。 また、長台詞も遠慮せずに、どうぞ。 あまり知られていない隠れた名言、マニアックなセリフは作品名も教えていただけると嬉しく思います。 ちなみに私の好きなセリフは、下のやつです。 「What a piece of work is a man! How noble in reason! How infinite in faculty, in form and moving how express and admirable! in action how like an angel, in apprehension how like a god - the beauty of the world, the paragon of animals!」 『ハムレット』より

• 和訳できますか?

これを和訳出来る方いますか? 会話文の一節です。 Some people get in the position where theyーthey're thinking all of the time, of what the world's going to think of this o r that instead of what they themselves think about it.

• 英詩の和訳について

Song of the Builders On a summer morning I sat down on a hillside to think about God - a worthy pastime. Near me, I saw a single cricket; it was moving the grains of the hillside this way and that way. How great was its energy, how humble its effort. Let us hope it will always be like this, each of us going on in our inexplicable ways building the universe. from Why I Wake Early (2004) こちらなのですが、どなたか和訳をお願いします。

• 和訳お願いします

/The noise kept me awake all night. /This song reminds me of my school days. /The traffic accident caused him to be late for school.

• 和訳

和訳で良く分からなかった箇所を挙げました。 1How dull this would be if there were no colors at all, or all things were different shades of same color!  2People of the world don't have enough to eat to avoid malnutrition. Yet a former Secretary of Agriculture has said that if we used the best methods of agriculture on the land currently being farmed, the world could feed itself. 3Air doesn't conduct heat as well as water. We would find a room of 22℃ quite comfortable even if we wore just a swimsuit, while bath water of the same temperature is unpleasantly cool. The water takes heat from our warm body much more quickly than the air does.

• 和訳をお願いいたします

英文を和訳していただけるかたのみで お願いできますでしょうか? 抽象的な部分は意訳していただけると ありがたいです。 どうぞよろしくお願いいたします。 This relationship will eventually make all of your dreams come true, and any pitfalls will be overcome. For your love will be strong enough to overcome all things together. all trials and tests within the relationship will be overcome and in the end nothing can break you up. There will always be a bond between you that is never broken. At times will seem sometimes to exist only tenuously encroaching on the inner world of dreams and longings, intense and yet insubstantial, at other time it will be solid passionate and worldly.

• 英文を和訳してみたので見て欲しい

Like the rest of us, the last thing in the world he wanted was to disrupt this new kindergarten world we were all just getting used to. 和訳の問題です。 「私たちの残りと似たように、彼が欲した、世界で最後のことは、私たち全員が慣れ始めたばかりのこの新しい幼稚園という世界を混乱させることだった」 と訳したんですが、どうでしょうか。 詳しく見てもらいたいです。 おねがいします。

• 和訳できるかた

This construction of the image is how the terrorist attempts to control the internal drifting of the message, and the world's media, by replaying and reproducing those image, attempts to reconfigure them in a directly oppositional way. 和訳できる方宜しくお願いします。

• 和訳お願いいたします。

Today I brought your presents to work. All my colleagues were very happy ... but also very surprised (this is very unusual in European culture). Ok ... it's probably unusual in every part of the world except Japan :) It's too kind for th rest of the world. And all my colleagues hope you will come back to Belgium soon ... because they all like the crackers :) But no one is hoping you come back as much as I do ... 以上です。ありがとうございました。

• 簡単に和訳してください。

You are really testing my tolerance! It is my act of a good faith towards you! You gane the sale of your item by DECEPTION AND OF COSE I AM COMPLETELY UNSATISFIED, WITH THIS TRANSACTION AND YOUR ATITUDE! You gave me a refund and I let it go this time- just. Hope not to hear from you again or all of this will go to the right place.