ロシアのペンパルからのメールの翻訳について質問

このQ&Aのポイント
  • ロシアのペンパルからのメールの翻訳について質問させていただきます。
  • メールの内容は、数年前に-35℃になったことがあったという話で、軍整備のときに寒い夜を過ごしたことを語っています。
  • また、メールの最後には、今の天候についての話があり、北海道のような天気を例に出しています。
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

英語を翻訳してみました。指摘お願いします。

いつもお世話になっております。(*^ ^*) 今回は、ロシアのペンパルからメールが来たのですが、そこで自分なりに訳したものの、分かりづらいところがあり、質問させていただきます。 内容は、数年前に-35℃になった事があったらしく 「It was during my army service... and this cold night I spend outside... stars was so bright... and no sound around... My rifle was so cold that I wasnt able touch it with open skin. Battery in my transmiter was empty in 15 minut... damn cold:)」 「それは、私が軍整備(?)の時でした。そして、寒い夜、私は外で過ごしました。星は明るかったです。そして音は無かった。私のライフルは冷たくて、皮膚は剥がれて有能じゃありませんでした。トランスミッターのバッテリーは15分間空でした…寒さで」 と、何だか堅苦しい感じになりました。(^ ^;) army serviceとは何のことでしょうか? そして、もう一つメールの最後に 「Well... mainly we have more present weather condition:) maybe like in hokkaido.」とありまして、翻訳すると「さて…お互いに良くない天気ですね。多分、北海道は好きですね」と、いきなり話が変わってしまいました。この場合は、どのような風に訳すのがベストでしょうか? おかしい所だらけだと思いますが、変な箇所があれば指摘お願いします。

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • xeno1284
  • ベストアンサー率50% (6/12)
回答No.1

この方は軍隊に勤めている方でしょうかね。 army service とは 軍隊での勤務のことをあらわしています。 つまり、夜に外で軍隊のお仕事をしていたというお話です。 さて、次の文です。 My rifle was so cold that I wasnt able touch it with open skin. この一文はあなたの訳だと「彼の皮膚がはがれた」となっていますが そうではなくて、、、(^^; ライフルが冷たかったのでむき出し(open)の皮膚では触れなかったということです。 Battery in my transmiter was empty in 15 minut とは 寒すぎて(おそらく電圧が低下して)15分で電池が空になったということでしょう。 最後の北海道の一文ですが mainly we have more present weather condition, maybe like in hokkaido は「たいていの場合は現在のような(良い?)お天気であることが多いですけどね、北海道と多分似たような感じですよ」 みたいな感じだと思います。 like in hokkaido は「北海道が好き(like)」なのではなくて「北海道みたい(like)」です。 このlikeの使い方は良く使いますから覚えておきましょう。 ----- なんだか私の昔の和訳を思い出します(笑 ペンパルとのやりとりで英語の力を鍛えた記憶があります。 ぜひ、がんばって英語の力を身につけてくださいね。 では。

mikeneko1
質問者

お礼

お早い回答ありがとうございます。 なるほど、army serviceとは軍隊の事でしたか。てっきり、軍の整備でもしてたのかと思ってました(^ ^;) 次に「My rifle was so cold that I wasnt able touch it with open skin.」は「ライフルが冷たかったのでむき出し(open)の皮膚では触れなかったということです。」でしたか!skin=肌と思い、「皮膚が剥がれるなんて怖い!」と思ってました。そうとう寒い感じが伝わりますね。 最後に「mainly we have more present weather condition, maybe like in hokkaido」は「たいていの場合は現在のような(良い?)お天気であることが多いですけどね、北海道と多分似たような感じですよ」ですか。likeは「好き」以外にもいろいろな意味があるんですね!これは大変、助かりました!今後も使えそうですね。 xeno1284さんもペンパルとやり取りしてた時期があったんですね。しかも、それで英語力がついたとは尊敬します!私も頑張らなきゃ(^u^*) ありがとうございました。

関連するQ&A

• 英語の翻訳をお願いします。

英語の翻訳をお願いします。 ネットショップで、海外の方から来たメールです。 Hello, so since my last message I was able to figure out why the film was not advancing and its working now. BUT I am getting no power in the camera, AE Meter will not work still. Any idea? Id like for it to turn on and work, but nothing is happening. Thanks! よろしくお願いします。

• 翻訳をお願いします。

all i was telling you is a package was sent back to me from 3 months ago...it wasnt a big deal, just was showing you because that was not my fault . you did not understand my email.

• 英語の翻訳をお願いします。

翻訳できる方いらっしゃいますか? 特に、But with me in it の意味が分かりません。 I have one looking the same, but with me in it. I'll post it when I get a chance, so you'll see me in Japan in my past visit.

• 英語に翻訳したいです。

この日本語を英語に自分で翻訳したのですが、うまく訳せません。 どうか英語に詳しい方、宜しくお願いいたします。 「この価格だと支払いはPayPalだったよね? もしそうならPayPalで支払うよ。」 「When it was this price, was the payment PayPal? If so,I pay so in PayPal.」

• どなたか英語に詳しい方、日本語に翻訳してください。

長文ですが、どなたか日本語に翻訳してください。 お願いします。 First,please allow me to introduce my self. i am monica guiao, 22 years old.now let me share a short story of my life. year 2010, it was the year that i finished my studies. on that year i also started to look a job. i am lucky because i was given the opportunity to teach a korean students. it was my first job.in terms of salary it was good but it is not enough in our daily lives so i decided to lokk for another job. until one day someone told me that japan is looking for a machine operator. we all know japan is one of the richest and the most beautiful countries in the world. so, i tried to apply.i am very much lucky because i was selected. november 13,2011, i remembered that day when i left my country to work in japan. it was such a ravishing feeling, thinking that i can reach my dreams. this was also the first time being far away from my family. but why should i stay away from my family. my goal is to earn money to give a better future for my family and in order to send my niece to school. It has already been 10months since we came here in japan. so, i realized that as a foreigner trainee in a japanese company, it is very important to learn their culture, and business practices and etiquettes.about the language, very few japanese can understand english. so, i realized that i really need to study to learn japanee language, to be able to communicate much easier with the japanese people. for me if you want to survive here, learn japanese. but i can say that with the help of takasaki san we learned a lot. About the japanese foods, for me all the japanese foods are delicious, especilly ramen. For now what i really want to do while in japan is to embrace and adopt the displine that the japanese so effortlessly display. It amazes me how naturally it comes to them, and I believe that this firmly rooted trait of the japanese is one of the key reasons to their progressive country. for the end of this presentation I would like to say thank you to all of you. thank you for trusting me to work here in taiyo yuden japan. I will assure that you will not repent that you chose me to work here in japan. once again thank you very much..

• 翻訳好きの方いませんか?

海外の方からいただいたメールなのですが、翻訳アプリや、英会話の本も買ったりして勉強しているのですが、私の英語力ではちょっと翻訳が難しく困っています。丁寧にいただいたメールですし、返信しないのも日本人としてどうかと思い、どなたか翻訳が好きな方や英会話ができる方に通訳していただきたく、今回質問します。 こちらの文章です。よろしくお願いいたします。 It is almost 2200 hours here and cold. It doesn't get cold here often in Florida only a little bit in the winter. I'm great. It is nice to meet someone so far away, with the same passions in life for fishing. Where do you work? What kind of work do you do? Me I am a sales man. I love the outdoors fishing and hunting. I also have kids. I have two boys and one girl. They love to fish and hunt. What I was going to ask you about was with this new company Florida Gladesmen. I have been making shirts for my company and selling them. I now want to make my own shirts to sell and I would like to purchase the equipment in Japan. I was going to buy the equipment here in the US and found out it was made in Japan and wanted to see if I could find a better price there. The machine I am looking for is called a sublimation T-shirt printing machine. I am getting all the specifics on the equipment that they are selling here in the US. and I will email you tomorrow with the specifics. I would be glad to pay you for your services. Hopefully you will be able to find me a better price and I will be able to pay instead of the company here in the US. My last girlfriend move to Japan to become a teacher. I lost touch with her and was worried when the Tsunami hit if she was okay or not. It was terrible what happened to your people, I felt great sorrow. We'll let let me know I will be up for a few hours more here. What is the current temperature in Japan who you live?

• 短い英訳の問題です よろしくお願いします

「私は北海道生まれの北海道育ちで、スキーは得意です。」 を I was born and brought up in Hokkaido,so I am good at ski. としたのですが 解答では I was born and brought up in Hokkaido,so I am good at skiing. となっていました。 この場合 ski を skiing としなければダメでしょうか。理由もあったら教えていただけると助かります。

• 添削してください。(日本語から英語に)お願いします。

【なんとなく英語で書きたい気分.部屋が汚かったので計画したとおり掃除をした.冷や汗をかいた.母が部屋に入ってきたとき,幾つかの財布の整理をしてた.中学校の時私は友達にコンドームを1つもらったことがあり財布の中に入れてたままにして部屋になおしてあった.それをすっかり忘れていて[何か入ってるわぁ]と思い,その財布の中身を出したらコンドームがでてきて焦った.母に見られてないかな~すごい恥ずかしかった.片付け中にカナダの思い出がでてきて懐かしく感じた.友達からの手紙に笑った.「今度家に遊びにいかしてね!え?いいの?やった~!!」と書いてあった.私の片付けは終わらなかったがやっと途中まで終わった.今日は暇.昨日何人かにメールを送ったのに返事がこない.みんな忙しいのか?そうか私は嫌われているのか?彼氏にメール送ったのに彼氏からも返事来ない.わ~ん!あっ!カナダに留学中の友達に手紙を書いた.ちゃんと届いたらいいな!】【i have a kind of feeling that writting inEnglish.my room was messy, so i cleaned up my room as my yesterday plan.today i was in a cold weat.when my mother came in to my room,i was tidy upsome wallets.when i was junior high school, i had gotten a condom from friend and i put it in my wallet and leave in this in my room.now i didn't remember this things.at the moment i thought "there is something in the wallet"and took out something,it was a condom.(?)then,i was still cleaning up my room, i found the memories of canada(?).i was laughed by a friend's letter.it was written like this"can i go to your house next day? oh really? is it ok? (?)"あと書きたいんですが字数が・・・

• 急いでいます、英語メールの翻訳をお願いします!

急いでいます、英語メールの翻訳をお願いします! ロシアの高校生の子とメールをしています。 一度自分なりに翻訳しています。しかし、教科書のような英文ではないので訳すのが難しいです。 なかなか自分が言いたいことが伝わらず、悪戦苦闘中です。そして、今ゆっくり訳す時間がないので長いのですが、翻訳をお願いします。 忙しくて返事が遅くなってしまっているので焦っています;; Japanese difficult fo' me too,and it's really interesting 'coz doesn't look like other languages ^_^ So study it,i'm sure if you'll want it you'll get it! (ロシア語難しいけど話せるようになりたいな、と前回送りました。) Sooo,it's normal in Russia xP Aand it's so cool,snow in sunny March,Wooahh,now i envy u!Snow so obvious and so boring xD When u see it every day Noo,i was here in spring\summer one time,it's sucks xD Too much mosquitos %_% STOP!It's still spring now,so i'm here all spring X_X Were're u in spring? :) Maybe next letter with song?Pleeeease -.- Sea U_U From my town to the sea so fucking much,just Arctic Sea near xD (Or smth cold i'm not strong in water-geography :]) I like pool too,but going not so often,i'm swim in the bath ^_^ lol Me and my friends makin' rap babe xD Sure i'll send u our track if i'll make it to your next letter ^_^ I'll try <3 What music do You like? J-Pop?j-Rock? ;P I know some Japenese music stars I like sushi and tea(green,white and mint much much (=) Alcohol?Ohh it's biggest Russia problem.Soo in some shops u can buy it if you're from 0 to 99 xD You can buy it everywhere,but our law say-DON'T GIVE DIS SHIT TO THEM IF THEY'RE NOT 18! Smth like that ^_^ I drink it :P Every kind of it X_X ***But i'm not an alcoholic*** xD We're drink it fo' fun (日本ではアルコールが入っている飲料は20歳からだよ、と教えました。) This letter so fucking boring :( Sorry,I PROMISE next will be with video,photos and mp3. =* I'm live in Internet from one your letter to another <3

• 英語に翻訳してくださいm(_ _)m

相手からの why was it so hard. You gotta get some rest when you get home! No I didn't it was my second day off today but I have to go back to work starting tomorrow. I hope you have a great rest of your day though. I'm know you can get through it just fine, I believe in you.に、 『今修学旅行時期で店が混んでるの。 ありがとう。今日は少し早めに寝る。 あなたも明日仕事頑張ってね* またね。おやすみ*』と返したいです。 『』を英語に翻訳してくださいm(_ _)m