• ベストアンサー

海外ドラマでのguessの使い方の疑問

Lauren: I guess he’s kind of her(Kristen) boyfriend. But Stephen and I have been really close forever. Laurenはスティーブンとクリスティンが付き合ってることを知っていますがguessと使っています。なぜ推測しているのでしょうか。 LaurenはStephenのことが好きなのですが彼はKristenと付き合っている設定です。よろしくお願いします。

• mkmk7
  • お礼率28% (17/59)
  • 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
noname#91219
noname#91219
回答No.1

「知っている」にもいろいろあると思います。多分そうだろうと思えばguessですし、多分そうなのだろうけど信じたくない場合もguessでしょう。あるいは「知っている」けどはっきり言いたくない事情がほかにあるのでしょう。たとえば・・・(ヤツら付き合ってるけど、君にもまだ彼女を口説く可能性はあるだろうよ、告白しろよ)の気持ちで「付き合ってるかも知れないなあ」と言いたいときもguessです。 どんな場面かはっきり分からないのでこのくらいしか分析できません。

mkmk7
質問者

お礼

たぶん認めたくないときのguessだと思います。嫉妬していたのでそうだろうなと思いました。ありがとうございました!

関連するQ&A

• 至急訳して頂けますか?

"I guess,"he drawled,"I guess the Al-mighty must have been tired sometimes,for it says He re-laxed on the seventhday.

• この曲何ですか?教えてください!!

この間ラジオで聴いたんですけど・・ 歌詞がher boyfriend he don't know anything about her ~ I can make a seen~みたいな歌詞でブリンク182とかSUM41みたいなかんじの音でした!!とっても気になるのでわかる人おしえてください~!!

• 英語です。

仮定法過去完了に副詞節があった場合、 もし彼が来た時に彼女と話していたら、大変なことになっただろうに。 を英訳する時、 1.彼が実際来た場合 If I had been talking with her when he came,I would have been in deep trouble. 2.彼は実際には来ていない If I had been talking with her when he had come,I would have been in deep trouble. というふうにwhen節の時制が変わるのでしょうか?

• get out of work

My boyfriend and I have been together for 6½ years. He went on vacation a few months ago without me (I could not get out of work), and he met a woman on the plane ride there. She is his age, had similar interests, and loves beer. He gave her his number with the intent of possibly setting her up with our mutual friend whom he was visiting on vacation. get out of workとsetting her up withの意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• どのような意味でしょうか

Since my son was born six months ago, I’ve run into an acquaintance a few times. Whenever I see her, she remarks, “Oh, what a beautiful baby! Really, I’m not just saying that. Usually I only think black babies are cute, but he is just darling.” I’m white, she’s white, and my son is white. So far I’ve just been smiling awkwardly and changing the subject. Is this OK? I don’t want to perpetuate her benevolent racism, but I also don’t really know her that well or see her very often. perpetuate her benevolent racismはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 話法について。

話法について。 ある問題集の答えに、 He said to her, “I'm sorry I couldn't come yesterday.” =He told her he was sorry he couldn't come the day before yesterday. 、とありましたが、下は、he had not been able to comeとする必要があると思いませんか。 なぜですか?

• 受動態に

I said to her that he is kind. という文があって、これを、 She is said to that he is kind. と受動態にできないと思うのですが、どうしてですか? laugh at は1つの動詞と考えて受動態にできるように、say to もイコール tell だと考えて、受動態にできるような気がするのですが。

• よろしくお願いします

My boyfriend’s sister “Clara” recently got divorced and moved into a fixer-upper with her kids. She has been working on it for a while but it has been a slow go. My boyfriend and I took a week of our vacation to come down and help her out. He worked on landscaping and fixing the porch while I painted and replaced tiles in the kitchen. I have extensive experience in home renovation since I worked for my uncle flipping houses in college. 1 working on itのitは何を指すでしょうか? 2 come downは「彼女の視点」からなのでしょうか?go downではいけないのでしょうか? 3 flipping housesはどのような意味でしょうか? 以上、よろしくお願いします

• 英語の和訳をお願いします。

特に最後の文のニュアンスがわかりません。 Ex is not following me so much anymore. But he's still acting really nice. Which is good I guess.

• 文法的にわかりません

A few nights ago I went out for a night on the town with a close friend, her sister, and her sister’s boyfriend. By the end of the night, after several drinks too many (not an excuse, and I know you don’t approve), the boyfriend and I found ourselves alone. He came on to me, and even though I know it was wrong, I ended up making out with him. Later that night, he came to my room, I’m guessing to take things a bit further, but I immediately sent him away. I’m guessing to take things a bit furtherは挿入されているかのように使われていますが、どのような役割でしょうか?よろしくお願いします