• ベストアンサー

英作問題なのですが・・・

ヨーロッパの街角や乗り物の中で他人の身体に一寸触れたようなとき、ヨーロッパの人間は決まって「すみません」とか、「ごめんなさい」という軽い謝りの言葉を口にする。 という文を英訳する問題です。 一応自分でやってみました・・・ When European touched the body of other human in the street corner and vehicle a little, they always say light apologetic words that "Excuse me" or "I'm sorry". 添削お願いできませんでしょうか? 「that」の使い方とかおかしいような気がするのですが・・・ 明日までの宿題なので急いでいます。

• 英語
  • 回答数4
  • ありがとう数0

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • mabomk
  • ベストアンサー率40% (1414/3521)
回答No.4

生まれつき添削作業が「不自由な身体」ですので、(ここで、一体どんな身体や?!、って突っ込んで下さいね)、拙文提供で何卒お許し下さい。 ヨーロッパの街角や乗り物の中で他人の身体に一寸触れたようなとき、ヨーロッパの人間は決まって「すみません」とか、「ごめんなさい」という軽い謝りの言葉を口にする。 It is quite common European people exchange airy thanking and apologetic words to kindness or accidental slight touch or on the street or train. 敢えて、「お互いに」は訳しませんでした、「exchange」で充分ではないかと自分勝手に判断して、勿論どこかその辺適当なところ(笑)に「each other」「to each other」入れておいてもイイでしょうけど、やっぱり要らんかな、っと自問自答の日々です。 触った方だけでなく、触られた方も「sorry」とか「excuse me」とか言う事も踏まえ、「exchange」としました。 又、「軽い謝罪」だけでなく「譲り合い」に対する「軽い感謝」も当然あるので、これも組み込みました。「何気なく」「さりげなく」を「airy」で表現出来たのかどうか自信はあまり有りませんが、、、、

その他の回答 (3)

回答No.3

When Europeans accidentally touch or bump into someone lightly on the bus or on the street they will always apologize with an 'Excuse me' or 'I'm sorry'. もしくは ....always apologize with a simple 'Excuse me'.... などは如何でしょうか。「軽い」を強調しなくても通じると思います。

• akotan53
  • ベストアンサー率31% (14/44)
回答No.2

When Europeans touch the body of others at the street corner or in public transportation, even a slight touch, most of the time they will say "sorry" (or "excuse me") in nonshalant. ノンシャランは良い言葉だと思います。頑張って。

回答No.1

thatでは意味が通じません。likeを使って、「~のような」という表現を用いてみては?あと、なぜ最初にtouchedと過去形になっているのでしょう?全体的にもう少し自分で参考書などで考え直した方がよさそうですよ。

mahujiko
質問者

補足

「触れた」と過去形になっていたので「touched」にしました。 ~ say light apologetic words like "Excuse me" or "I'm sorry". にすればいいんですね? 考えた結果が質問文のような英文なのですが・・・

関連するQ&A

• 英作

英作の添削をお願いします。 おかしな所がありましたら、ご指摘ください。 よろしくお願いします。 1)子供と言うものは生まれつき好奇心が旺盛である。 そして自然の驚異に心を開けば、子供は感性豊かになっていくものだ。 Children are curious by nature. And the more interest in wonders of nature they have,the more a sensitive person they become. 2)正常な乳幼児は音で関心をひきつける能力と言語習得能力を持ち、それらが人間を文化へと導くのである。 A normal infant has a capacity to draw attention to it by using sound and to acquire language,which leads human being to culture. 3)音楽はいつの時代も人間の希望や不安を表してきたが、曲は同じでも貸しは文化によって変わっていくものである。 ある国民の好み、すなわち、個性が現れていると言って良い。 While music has always been an expression of our hopes and feaes, the words have changed from culture to culture,though the tune remains. It can be said that they stand for some national preference,that is,a personality.

• 和訳お願いします。not always in few words, but in too few words

Theodor Lippsと言う方の言葉です。 A joke says what it has to say, not always in few words, but in too few words―that is, in words that are insufficient by strict logic or by common modes of thought and speech. It may even actually say what it has to say by not saying it. 試訳:ジョークは言わなければならない事を、毎回短く言うわけではない、しかし非常に少ない言葉である―それは、厳密な論理によった場合や、通常の思想や発言によった場合では少なすぎる言葉数である。 ジョークは実際に言わなければならないことを言わない事によって言うこともすらあるのだ。 タイトルの通り、not always in few words, but in too few wordsで、上記のやくでよいのか迷っています。その部分だけでも良いので、教えてください。 よろしくお願いします。

• 和訳あってますか?

和訳あっているか見てください。(文法、構文、単語を含む) 間違っていたら正しい和訳を教えてください。 Manufacture say their vehicle are now much better, but for years buyers of new Russian cars would routinely face lumpy paintwork,engines that would not start and cheaply-built interiors that fell apart. 製造業者はら彼らの乗り物はら今はずっとずっと良くなっているが、何年もロシアの新しい車を買った人はいつものように塗装は凸凹でエンジンがかからなかったり安くて内臓が壊れたりするのに直面する。

• 英語のできるかた訂正をお願いしたいです

英語のできるかた訂正をお願いしたいです 急いでます>< I believe in gratitude. The spirit of language means mystic power of words affecting the real world that was mainly believed in ancient Japan. This I believe. Do you always say, “I’m sorry” to people around you when you are some wrong to them? Do you always say, “good bye or take care” to your friends? Do you always say, “thank you” to everyone when you have somebody doing for you? Which are you sides, always saying or not saying? Although these words are significant for people, I believe that gratitude is the most important word for me.

• 和訳してください!

昔の友人?恋人のような男性から2年ぶりに連絡が来ましたがあまりにも自分が英語を忘れすぎて彼のメッセージが正確に理解できません。。。なんとなくはわかるのですが正確に知りたいので分かる方、和訳お願いいたします。 自分の名前はAとしています。 I am glad that u are fine...i am good too ... i wanna say a couple of things to you! Back there, when we were at LA, i thing that didn't treated you the way that you deserve, and i wanna say really sorry aboute that A...you deserve to know that i have a lot of good memories about you and the good times that we had in LA I know that all this things happened a long time ago, but i want to say sorry to you anyway... U always were so nice to me, and back there i was to young and too immature to know that... So, this is your Brazilian friend saying sorry to you about something that happened almost 2 years ago, but still care about that...i know that we live really far way, but anyway, i wanna be ok with you Miss you A

• reduced to having のhavingの意味は・・・

どうしてもわからないので、教えていただけると嬉しいです。 But given the overwhelming judicial opinion that a person does not have to be totally "helpless and hopeless," on his deathbed, or reduced to having his "trunk conveyed to a street corner" to be considered disabled, the issue of a cutoff point for "total" disability remains vary sticky. という英文があるのですが、「or reduced to having his "trunk conveyed to a street corner" to be considered disabled」の部分の「having」がどのような意味を表しているのか、いまいちわかりません。普通に、トランクを「持っている」という意味でよいのでしょうか? 全体の意味としては、 「人が障害者であるとみなされるのに、臨終の床でまったくお手上げで、かつ絶望的な状態である必要はないし、街角へ運ばれたトランクを持っていなければならないというわけでもない。このような裁判所の覆しようのない見解によって、完全な障害者であるかどうかの境界点に関する課題は、非常に厄介なものになっている。」 という感じでよいでしょうか…。 ご教授、どうぞよろしくお願いいたします。

• 和訳お願いします!

What I said is that "It's okay, because I wake up early most days. Also, I'm sorry if what I say seems wrong, because I am not very good at Japanese, and sometimes words are lost in translation." Then I said "I'll talk to you later, Goodnight!"

• 英語の得意な方、和訳お願いします!4

At the UN,Ogata worked for refugees. She did this not because she felt sorry for them. She did this because she believe that every person has basic human rights. She believes in the dignity of every person. Let's think about the words she has said about the human rights of children. All the children in the word have the same basic human rights. They have the right to live with their families,the right to go to school in peace,and the right to grow up in safety.

• 一橋大学 自由英作文 添削のお願い

一橋大学 自由英作文 添削のお願い 2008年度 120字~150字                                                                                 条件・ 言葉の力について述べよ。                                                                                                      These days, many people are studying not only the mother languages but also foreign languages. In the first place, why human learn languages ? I think that human cannot live in this world without languages. If there were no words, we could not convey our feelings and communicate with each other exactly. I have an experience supporting my idea. When I was a junior high school student, I had a friend. He was a funny boy and always made me laugh. One day, we had a quarrel and then were not friendly. I wanted to say to him "I am sorry", but I could not. We did not talk to each other for a few days. After a while, he suddenly came to me and said " How are you". We laughed at that word and we could recover our relationship. Thus, I think that the power of words is very strong. (149字)                                                                                                                   今回はぎりぎりでした。 またユーモアのところで使った分が入ってしまいました。これ以外に思いつかなくて・・・。文法面を中心に評価をお願いします。

• 英文法チェックお願いします

1 My favorite point about American education is more creative, in particular. 2 I completely felt dizzy with that sight that she had car accident on the street. 1 what you need do now is study and make an effort for your future. 2 It is always true that a hard worker achieve a goal. 3 It is not by kind words but by sincere attitudes that people are moved. 1 Whoever it was who support me when I was in trouble, I will return my favor to them. 2 Despite hard working, you were failed last exam. 3 No matter how far it is, I always think about you.