Cat Survives 20-Story Fall: Amazing Story

このQ&Aのポイント
  • A cat survives a 20-story fall
  • When falling, our bodies turn upside down and we can spread our four legs like a parachute, which slows down the fall
  • The story highlights the resilience of cats and their ability to survive extreme situations
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

英訳すると・・・

最初の、「実際、」はわかりますが、最後になぜ「秋」という単語があるのか分かりません。訳していて混乱しました。20階建ての建物からどうのこうの、パラシュートがどうのこうの、一部分しか理解できず単語を一通り調べましたが訳し方が難しいです。英訳お願いします。   In fact,I`ve heard that a cat once survived after it fell from a 20-story building.When we fall,our body turns to a feet-down position.We can spread our four legs like a parachute and this slows the fall.

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
noname#97816
noname#97816
回答No.1

fallは「落ちる」という意味もあります。 事実、猫は20階のビルから落ちても死なないと聞いた事がある。 我々人間が落ちるときは、足から落ちる体勢になる。 我々人間もパラシュートのように、四肢を広げれば墜落のスピードを遅くすることができるということだ。

meitanM
質問者

お礼

大変有難う御座いました♪ 参考になりました。 (^ω^) 

関連するQ&A

• 英訳してみました・・

自分で英訳してみたのですがどうでしょうか?アドバイスをいただけると助かります。 私が働いているホテルの隣のビルが解体されているのですが、音がひどく、ホテルのお客から苦情がたくさん届いています。 The building next to the hotel where I work is being taken down. We are getting a lot of complaints from our customers because the construction is making a noise.

• 和文英訳の添削お願いします。

学校の課題で和文英訳が出ました。 「春が二階から落ちてきた。  私がそう言うと、聞いた相手は大抵、嫌な顔をする。気取った言い回しだと非難し、奇をてらった比喩だと勘違いをする。そうでなければ、『四季は突然空から降ってくるものなんかじゃないよ』と哀れみの目で、教えてくれる。」 何かの小説の抜粋のようで、「春」というのは書き手の弟だそうです。 以下は僕の回答です。 Haru fell from the upstairs. Whoever heard me say this would mostly wince. He would criticize that the expression was affected and condemn it as a newfangled metaphor. Otherwise, he would teach me, with a sympathetic look in his eyes, that seasons never ever fall from the sky all of a sudden. 文法的ミス、より簡潔でスマートな表現、コロケーション的に相性のいい単語などあれば、よろしくお願いします。

• 過去完了について

We met up about a year after graduation, and it turns out neither of us had followed our dreams. We were both working at big companies in marketing. had followed のところはなぜ過去完了が使われているのでしょうか?あと、met upは単にmetというのとではどう違うでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 過去完了について

Man: I heard we're getting new laptops. Does that mean they're going to get rid of our desktop computers? Woman: No, we get to keep those. Man: Oh, good! I'd heard something about tablets instead of laptops. Woman: Right. They were debating it for a while. I'd heardのところはI heardやI've heardではダメなのでしょうか?なぜ過去完了なのでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 不定詞+動名詞

以下の文についてお教え頂けないでしょうか。 The number in the catalog was for a product that we plan to start selling as part of our fall-winter product line. (1)plan to start selling のように不定詞+動名詞は文法的にあっているのでしょうか? (2)sellingの後が穴(単語の抜け)であっていますか? (3)先行詞は a product でよいでしょうか? (4) was for はどのように訳したらよいでしょうか? 沢山の質問で申し訳ございません。

• we are in to とは何ですか?

[新TOEICテスト でる模試 もっと600問] 別冊 解答・解説 (1), P79 に、以下の文章があります。 In compliance with cultural heritage policies, we have preserved the building we are in to give our guests a memorable feel of the city. 文化遺産政策に準じ、町の印象的な記憶をお客様に届けるべく、私たちは建物を保存しています。 これが理解できません。個別の部分は理解できますが、それを接続している「we are in to」が理解できません。以下の文章なら理解できます。 We have preserved the building. Because, we want to give our guests a memorable feel of the city. なぜ、こう記述せずに「we are in to」と記述しているのか、なぜ「in」が必要なのか、が理解できません。私の感覚では、in は「We are in the park.」のような使い方をします。よって、in の直後に「to 動詞」が続く文法は理解できません。 インターネットで検索しても理解できなかったため、質問させていただきます。この文法の構造を教えていただけないでしょうか。よろしくお願いいたします。

• 英語 教えて下さい

Science may tell us that in the struggle for life it is the fittest who ( A ),but we who ( B )through two great wars have seen with our eyes that it is the bravest, the noblest and the best who perish. (A)(1)is surviving(2)survived(3)have been survived(4)survive (B)(1)are living(2)have lived(3)will live(4)should live (A)(B)に入れるのに最も適切なものを(1)~(4)の中から選ぶのですが、教えて下さい。説明も添えていただけると嬉しいです。

• なぜ未来形か

Q. Restaurant Etiquette With Babies: When dining out with our children (we have a 4-year-old and 10-month-old twins), bits of food often will fall on the floor under high chairs. Upon payment of our bill, my husband insists on getting down on the floor to pick up the bits and pieces of food off the floor. I find this completely humiliating—he looks ridiculous, even if he is conscientious. I say restaurants that serve families are surely prepared and expect to do a quick sweep when flipping the table. Should we clean the crumbs that fall from the table or not? bits of food often will fallですが、常習的なものには現在形(bits of food often fall)にならないのでしょうか?the crumbs that fallはなぜ同じようにthe crumbs that will fallとなっていないのでしょうか?あと、flipping the tableはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 自然な文を教えてください

私たちの住んでいるマンションからの飛び降り自殺はこれで2回目です。(本当の話です・・汗) (1) This is the second time a man jumped to his death from our apartment building. (2) This is the second time a man jumped off the apartment building we live. まず飛び降り自殺の言い方ですが、 (1)のようにjump to one's death from + 場所 (2)のようにJump off + 場所 かどちらの方が自然でしょうか? 次にマンションの言い方ですがこの場合建物のことを言っているので、 the apartmentだけではダメですよね? apartment buildingが一番一般的な言い方でしょうか? 上記二文よりもっと自然な言い方があれば教えてください。(書き言葉ではなく口語として) よろしくお願いします。

• O.ヘンリーのここが分かりません。9

Without knowing why we look up suddenly to see in a window a face that seems to belong to our gallery of intimate portraits; in a sleeping thoroughfare we hear a cry of agony and fear coming from an empty and shuttered house;instead of at our familiar curb a cab-driver deposits us before a strange door, which one, with a smile, opens for us and bids us enter; a slip of paper, written upon, flutters down to our feet from the high lattices of Chance; we exchange glances of instantaneous hate affection, and fear with hurrying strangers in the passing crowds; a sudden souse of rain---and our umbrella may be sheltering the daughter of the Full Moon and first cousin of the Sidereal System; at every corner handkerchiefs drop fingers beckon, eyes besiege and the lost, lonely, the rapturous , the mysterious, the perilous changing cues of adventure are slipped into our fingers. の中の、a slip of paper, written upon, flutters down to our feet from the high lattices of Chance; の部分が分かりません。 どなたか分かる方はいらっしゃいませんか?