• ベストアンサー

これなんですか?

今 Bram Stoker の Dracula を読んでるんですが、 その中で、 a toilet glass とあって、なんのことだか??なので、教えてください。 But still in none of the rooms is there a mirro. There is not even a toilet glass on my table, and I had to get the little shaving-glass from my bag before I could either shave or brush my hair. ↑一応これがその前後の文章です。訳はいいので、単語だけ教えてください~!!

• poook
  • お礼率60% (497/817)
  • 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数3

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • kirjolohi
  • ベストアンサー率25% (17/66)
回答No.2

toiletの意味としては化粧というのが第1義なので、toilet glassは 化粧(台の)鏡ということになります。 ちなみにtoilet関連の語としては toilet cloth---鏡台掛け toilet powder---化粧パウダー toilet set----化粧道具(一揃い) toilet soap---化粧石鹸 toilet table---化粧テーブル toilet water---化粧水 等があります。

poook
質問者

お礼

回答ありがとうございます☆ toilet に関連した言葉は色々あるんですね。ためになりました!

その他の回答 (1)

• Singollo
  • ベストアンサー率28% (834/2935)
回答No.1

化粧鏡

poook
質問者

お礼

回答ありがとうございます☆

関連するQ&A

• 英語の翻訳お願いします。

英語の翻訳お願いします。 hi i still havent recieved this item... cant track it either... is there anything you can do on your end??

• conflicted

This is something that is none of my business, but I am still conflicted. I am about 95 percent certain two co-workers are having an affair. conflictedはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 日本語へ翻訳して欲しいです。

:^) Your are right! is by the character of the person . but i still think that you are a wonderful person . i like you the way you are there is no problem if you want to see my album of my facebook この文章ですが、日本語へ翻訳して下さい。 よろしくお願いします。

• 英作文の仕方。

「私の家の壁には絵があります。」はThere is a picture on the wall of my house.なのでしょうか。それともThere is a picture in the wall of my house.なのでしょうか。これをI have a picture on the wall of my house. のように I などの人称代名詞を主語にして書くことはできるのでしょうか。

• 日本語訳

神のみぞ知る世界のopの歌詞を日本語訳にしてください! What I'm seeing......Is it real? What I'm feeling......Is it real? What I'm doing......Is it real? There is no regrets, satisfy my curiosities There is a new world waiting, explore my possibilities There is no guarantee, just improve my abilities <Go ahead with your own life Is there any hope in your sight?> There is a choice to make, setting the right priorities <You will always be the one, so feel the power And you should know the sun comes up - For you> There is no regrets, satisfy my curiosities There is a new world waiting, explore my possibilities There is no guarantee, just improve my abilities There is a choice to make, setting the right priorities

• この英文の和訳をお願いします!

I'm going broke buying special spray for my glass shower doors.Is there a low -priced solution that will provide a nice clean shine? ニュアンス的には、ガラスのドアをぴかぴかにする安価な溶液はないか?って感じの文章ではないかとは思うのです。でも、「I'm going broke buying 」の部分をどうやって訳していいかわからないのです。これも未来形のうちに入るのでしょうか?

• よろしくお願いします

My father has just collapsed from a cancer none of us knew he had. He is ailing, and my mother is absolutely freaking out. She has always had undiagnosed, untreated mental illnesses. Since his retirement, she has clung to my father. My sister is there trying to manage things while my father is in the hospital. ここでのMy sister is thereはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• わからない箇所を教えてください。

In my head there is a ghost of a voice: my voice, lodged somewhere out of sight in a different time. It's still a crap joke, Jamie, I hear myself saying; and a moment later, there is the ghost of Jamie's voice also: All the best ones are. ********************* 「the Dandelion clock」からの抜粋部分なのですが、 最後のAll the best ones are. の意味がよくわかりません。 またmy voice, lodged somewhere ~のlodgedの意味は心に留まる、記憶に残る、という意味ですか? 教えてください。お願いします。

• 「しらないよ」って「i dont care」の意味がありませんか?

「しらないよ」って「i dont care」の意味がありませんか? i know that means "i dont know" but in some movies the sub says "i dont care" i mean: 「しらないよ」って is there a meaning of 「i dont care 」 or 「its not none of my business」in some cases?

• 通勤途中の英語の勉強です、又お願いします。

今朝、携帯で作文しました。そのまま載せますので、どうぞよろしくお願いします。(今朝は、本当に寒かった!) Hi,there! Good morning! Do you still in bed? Today is Saturday, but it is not my day-off. I am now at station and waiting a train. It is so cold. I feel I will become a ice.(凍ってしまいそうと言いたくて、こんな風に書いてしまいましたが....) Come soon a train!(言い方が変だと思うのですが、早く来て!って言いたいのですが)......... I can see a train! Wait a minutes,OK? Hi! I am now in a train office. Are you still there? I was lucky! I got a seat,so let's study English again. <g> It is not crowded. I wish everyday was like a today's train!(like thisかな?) But I know it will never happen. See you later!