• ベストアンサー

補間についての洋書の問題です。

こんにちは。補間について洋書を見て、どんな意味なのかわからないので、わかる方アドバイスお願いします。 内容は、 「There exists a unique polynomial p(x) of degree 2 or less such that p(0) =0,p(1)=1,and p'(α)=2 for any value of α between 0 and 1 (inclusive), except one value of α, say α0. Determine α0 and give this polynomial for α=α0でない. 」 です。お願いします(泣)

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • sanori
  • ベストアンサー率48% (5664/11798)
回答No.1

「α=α0でない」は、「α≠α0」と書きたかったのですよね? 二次もしくはそれ以下の一意の多項式 p(x) がある。 p(0)=0, p(1)=1 である。 また、いかなるα(ただし 0≦α≦1)についても p'(α)=2 であるが、 ただし、ある1つの値のα(α0と書く)だけについては成り立たない。 α0を求め、α≠α0での多項式を示せ。 ※ ・"inclusive" は、不等号が<>でなく、≦≧であるという意味です。 ・"unique"を「一意の」と訳しましたが、多価関数ではなく一対一の関数の式だということだと思います。

関連するQ&A

• 補間についての質問です。

こんにちは。 大学4年で、数値解析の研究をしているものです。 早速ですが、英語の教科書を読んでて、補間で、コンピュータのプログラムの説明が書かれていて、そこに「Coef」や「Eval」とかいてあったのですがこれは、どういったプログラムなのでしょうか?? あと「Write puseudocode that determines that Newton form of the interpolating polynomial p for sin(x) at ten equidistant points in the interval [0,1.6875]. The code should print the value of sin(x)-p(x) at 37 equally spaced points in the same interval.」の意味がよくわわからないのでアドバイスお願いします(泣)

• 逆数補間についての内容です。

こんにちは。 私は、大学生で、補間についての勉強をしているものです。今回、始めて、洋書を読むことになり苦戦しております。以下の内容はどういったものなのでしょうか?アドバイスをいただきたいと思い、書かせてもらいました。 _______________________________________________________________ [Inverse Interpolation] A process called inverse interpolation is often used to approximate an inverse function. Suppose that values {Yi}=f({Xi}) have been computed at X0,X1,...,Xn. Using table Y ; Y0 Y1 Y2 ......Yn X ; X0 X1 X2 ......Xn we form the interpolation polynomial p(y)=Σ(i=1→n)CiΠ(j=0→i-1){Y-Yj} The orijinal relationship, y=f(x), has an inverse, under certain conditions. This inverse is being approximated by x=p(y). Procedures Coef and Eval can be used to carry out the inverse interpolation by reversing the arguments x and y in the calling sequence for Coef. Inverse interpolation can be used to find where a given functuin f has a root or zero. This means inverting the equation f(x)=0. We propose to do this by creating a table of values (f(Xi),Xi) and interpolating with a polynomial,p. Thus, p(Yi)=Xi. The points Xi should be chosen near the unknown root,r. The approximate root is then given by r ~p(0). For a concrete case, let the table of known values be Y;-0.5789200,-0.3626370,-0.1849160,-0.0340642,0.0969858 X; 1.0 , 2.0 , 3.0 , 4.0 , 5.0 The nodes in this problem are the points in the row of the table headed y, and the function values being interpolated are in the x row. The resulting polynomial is p(Y)=0.25Y^4+1.2Y^3+3.69Y^2+7.39Y+4.247470086 and p(0)=4.247470086. Only the last coefficient is shown with all the digits carried in the calculation, for it is the only one needed for the problem at hand. ________________________________________________________________ 自分で計算しても、p(Y)=0.25Y^4+1.2Y^3+3.69Y^2+7.39Y+4.247470086 となりません(泣) 

• ラグランジェとエルミート補間についての質問です。

こんにちは。質問の内容は、以下の文章についてです。 「Lagrange Form In principle, formulas akin to the Lagrange interpolation formula can be developed for Hermite interpolation. We shall present one such formula that pertains to an important special case. As before, let the nodes be X1,X2,...,Xn, and let us assume that at each node a function value and the first derivative have been prescribed. The polynomial p that we seek must satisfy these equation: p(Xi)=Ci0 p'(Xi)=Ci1 (0=<i<=n) ・・・・(1) In analogy with the Lagrange formula, we write p(X)=Σ(i=0→n)Ci0×Ai(X)+Σ(i=0→n)Ci1×Bi(X)・・・・(2)」 という文章なのですが、Σ(i=0→n)Ci1×Bi(X)がよく理解できません>< エルミート補間が理解できていないからでしょうか??アドバイスお願いします。

• 逆数補間の計算方法について

こんにちは。前にも書かせてもらいましたが、どうしても計算ができないので、もう一度質問させてもらいました。 以下のような、洋書を読んで、最後にあるP(y)を出したいのですが、計算方法がわかりません。 ---------------------------------------------------------------- [Inverse Interpolation] A process called inverse interpolation is often used to approximate an inverse function. Suppose that values {Yi}=f({Xi}) have been computed at X0,X1,...,Xn. Using table Y ; Y0 Y1 Y2 ......Yn X ; X0 X1 X2 ......Xn we form the interpolation polynomial p(y)=Σ(i=1→n)CiΠ(j=0→i-1){Y-Yj} The orijinal relationship, y=f(x), has an inverse, under certain conditions. This inverse is being approximated by x=p(y). Procedures Coef and Eval can be used to carry out the inverse interpolation by reversing the arguments x and y in the calling sequence for Coef. Inverse interpolation can be used to find where a given functuin f has a root or zero. This means inverting the equation f(x)=0. We propose to do this by creating a table of values (f(Xi),Xi) and interpolating with a polynomial,p. Thus, p(Yi)=Xi. The points Xi should be chosen near the unknown root,r. The approximate root is then given by r ~p(0). For a concrete case, let the table of known values be Y;-0.5789200,-0.3626370,-0.1849160,-0.0340642,0.0969858 X; 1.0 , 2.0 , 3.0 , 4.0 , 5.0 The nodes in this problem are the points in the row of the table headed y, and the function values being interpolated are in the x row. The resulting polynomial is p(Y)=0.25Y^4+1.2Y^3+3.69Y^2+7.39Y+4.247470086 and p(0)=4.247470086. Only the last coefficient is shown with all the digits carried in the calculation, for it is the only one needed for the problem at hand. ---------------------------------------------------------------- <補足>CoefとEvalについて 「 procedure; Coef(n,{Xi},{Yi},{Ai}) real array; {Xi}0:n, {Yi}0:n, {Ai}0:n integer; i,j,n for i=0 to n do {Ai}←{Yi} end for for j=1 to n do for i=n to j step -1 do Ai←({Ai}-{Ai-1})/({Xi}-{Xi-j}) end for end for end procedure Coef 」 「 real function; Eval(n,{Xi},{Yi},{Ai}) real array; {Xi}0:n, {Ai}0:n integer; i,n real;t,temp temp←An for i=n-1 to 0 step -1 do temp←(temp)(t-{Xi})+{Ai} end for Eval←temp end function Eval」 ------------------------------------------------------------- XとYを扱い方がよくわかっていないので、計算できないのかなあと思います。分かる方、アドバイスお願いします(泣)

• 逆関数の補間について

こんにちは。前に質問させてもらい、計算については 理解できました。しかし、以下の文章のある部分の意味がわかりません。まず、文章は、 [Inverse Interpolation] A process called inverse interpolation is often used to approximate an inverse function. Suppose that values {Yi}=f({Xi}) have been computed at X0,X1,...,Xn. Using table Y ; Y0 Y1 Y2 ......Yn X ; X0 X1 X2 ......Xn we form the interpolation polynomial p(y)=Σ(i=1→n)CiΠ(j=0→i-1){Y-Yj} The orijinal relationship, y=f(x), has an inverse, under certain conditions. This inverse is being approximated by x=p(y). Procedures Coef and Eval can be used to carry out the inverse interpolation by reversing the arguments x and y in the calling sequence for Coef. Inverse interpolation can be used to find where a given functuin f has a root or zero. This means inverting the equation f(x)=0. We propose to do this by creating a table of values (f(Xi),Xi) and interpolating with a polynomial,p. Thus, p(Yi)=Xi. The points Xi should be chosen near the unknown root,r. The approximate root is then given by r ~p(0). For a concrete case, let the table of known values be Y;-0.5789200,-0.3626370,-0.1849160,-0.0340642,0.0969858 X; 1.0 , 2.0 , 3.0 , 4.0 , 5.0 The nodes in this problem are the points in the row of the table headed y, and the function values being interpolated are in the x row. The resulting polynomial is p(Y)=0.25Y^4+1.2Y^3+3.69Y^2+7.39Y+4.247470086 and p(0)=4.247470086. Only the last coefficient is shown with all the digits carried in the calculation, for it is the only one needed for the problem at hand. ---------------------------------------------------------------- <補足>CoefとEvalについて 「 procedure; Coef(n,{Xi},{Yi},{Ai}) real array; {Xi}0:n, {Yi}0:n, {Ai}0:n integer; i,j,n for i=0 to n do {Ai}←{Yi} end for for j=1 to n do for i=n to j step -1 do Ai←({Ai}-{Ai-1})/({Xi}-{Xi-j}) end for end for end procedure Coef 」 「 real function; Eval(n,{Xi},{Yi},{Ai}) real array; {Xi}0:n, {Ai}0:n integer; i,n real;t,temp temp←An for i=n-1 to 0 step -1 do temp←(temp)(t-{Xi})+{Ai} end for Eval←temp end function Eval」 ------------------------------------------------------------- です。この文章の 「The orijinal relationship, y=f(x), has an inverse, under certain conditions. This inverse is being approximated by x=p(y). Procedures Coef and Eval can be used to carry out the inverse interpolation by reversing the arguments x and y in the calling sequence for Coef. Inverse interpolation can be used to find where a given functuin f has a root or zero. This means inverting the equation f(x)=0. We propose to do this by creating a table of values (f(Xi),Xi) and interpolating with a polynomial,p. Thus, p(Yi)=Xi. The points Xi should be chosen near the unknown root,r. The approximate root is then given by r ~p(0).」 という部分が理解できません。わかる方アドバイスお願いします(泣)

• 数値積分の入門問題なのですが・・・

∫f(x) dx ≒ w_0*f(1/4) + w_1*f(5/6) 積分区間は0 ≦ x ≦1です。 Determine the weights w0 and w1 so that the rule be exact for polynomials of degree as high as possible.とあるので多項式補填を使うのは何となく理解できたのですが、具体的にはどうやればw_0とw_1を求めるのでしょうか? 自信は無いのですが、 w_0 = 1/4 、w_1 = 25/36であっているでしょうか? もし間違っていたらやり方をどなたか教えてください ><

• 数値解析の教科書の内容。

こんいちは。  補間の洋書に、 「Solution If we take ten points, including the ends of the interval, then we create nine subintervals, each of lenght h=0.1875. The points are then X(i)=i×h for i = 0,1,...,9. After obtaining the polynomial, we evaluate sin(x)-p(x) at 37 points (called t in the pseudocode). These are t(j)=(j×h)/4 for j=0,1,...,36. Here is a suitable main program in pseudocode that calls the procedures Coef and Eval previously given.」 とあったのですが、意味が読み取れません。この文章の後に、コンピュータのプログラムみたいなのがあります。アドバイスお願いします(泣)

• 物理学の教科書(洋書)を読んでいます。

物理学の教科書(洋書)を読んでいます。 回転座標系での運動方程式を記述するテーマで "presence of rotation" という単語が複数回使われています。 専門用語だと思うのですが 分かる方、教えてください。 例) The equation for the evolution of a scalar is the same    in rotating and inertial frames is unaltered by the the    presence of rotating. お願いします。

• 洋書 A little princess の一文で。

小公女セーラの洋書を読んでいます。 It would have been an old look for a child of twelve, and Sara Crew was only seven. この意味は、 「12歳の子供に見えたかもしれないけど、セーラはたったの7歳でした。」 でしょうか? an old look for a child of twelve の辺りが どう区切って訳したらいいのかわからず・・・ look forは、~を探す。ですよね? でもそうなると12歳の子供を探す。になってしまい、なんか変な感じで・・。 どなたか教えていただけたら幸いです。

• 英文(数学?)の問題がわかりません

The anticipated income from an investment is $40000 per year for the first 5 years and $30000 per year for the remaining 5 years of life. The desired rate of return on the investment is 12 percent. The salvage value at the end of 10 years is expected to be 20 percent of the first cost. Determine the first cost that will result in the 12 percent return. Ans.:$219,700 考え方と途中式をお願い致します。