• ベストアンサー

翻訳に苦労してます。

To all whom these presents shall come, Greetings: 上記の翻訳に苦労しております。知人から翻訳を頼まれまして、 色々調べたのですが最適な翻訳ができません。 アドバイスいただければ幸甚です。 関係代名詞のWhomeをどう訳したらよいかわかりません。 また、Greetingは、「拝啓」でいいのでしょうか。 実力不足なのは承知でお伺いいたします。 宜しくお願い致します。

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • aton
  • ベストアンサー率47% (160/334)
回答No.1

カテゴリー違いだから回答がつかないのでしょうか? 一応私の答を書いておきます。 「これらのプレゼントを受け取られるべき全てのかたへ,ご挨拶申し上げます」 'To all' のあとに people を補って, To all (people) whom these presents ... とすると意味が通りやすくなるかもしれません。 'Greetings'は「拝啓」でもいいと思うのですが,ちょっと堅苦しい感じになるように思います。

Megami
質問者

お礼

早速の回答ありがとうございます。 プレゼントですが、どうやら「法定書類」との意味もあるようで、 「全てのこれら法定書類を受け取られる方へ、ご挨拶申し上げます」と 訳しました。本当に参考になりました。深く感謝申し上げます。

その他の回答 (1)

noname#108447
noname#108447
回答No.2

前後関係が分からないので、よく分かりませんが、 (1)To all [ whom these presents shall come], Greetings:   として、comeに前置詞がないのを無視して考えると、whom以下がallを修飾して、 「これらのプレゼントが来るであろう(プレゼントを受け取るであろう)全ての人へ、こんにちは。」 (2)[To all whom ]these presents shall come, Greetings:   と、whomをToの目的語として考えると、 「これらのプレゼントが届く全ての誰かさん、こんにちは。」 と言った具合になるのではないでしょうか。多少強引ですが、参考までに。

Megami
質問者

お礼

早速の回答ありがとうございます。 プレゼントですが、どうやら「法定書類」との意味もあるようで、 「全てのこれら法定書類を受け取られる方へ、ご挨拶申し上げます」と 訳しました。本当に参考になりました。深く感謝申し上げます。

関連するQ&A

• フィリピンのレッドリボン

フィリピン外務省が発行する通称レッドリボンの書類に、下記のような文章があります。どのように翻訳したら、いいでしょうか。 TO ALL WHOM THESE PRESENTS SHALL COME, GREETINGS: 至急翻訳書が必要となっています。 どうぞ、宜しくご指導下さい。

• 英文を翻訳してください!

初めましてこんばんは! 突然なのですが、どうしても翻訳できない英文がありまして、 もしよろしければ、訳してもらえないでしょうか? カッコの中の疑問にも答えていただけるとうれしいです。 宜しくお願いします! 1)And any minutte Mom should come blasting through the door, all bundles and boxes, my big winter coat sqaring her off at the shoulders and hips, her face smilling and wrinkled like a plant. 2)he let his body melt like pudding into the easy chair. (プティングをそのまま使わず日本人に分かりやすい訳はないのでしょうか?) 3)it never killed her before to make me a sandwich.(疑問で、なぜbeforeの後にtoがくるのですか・・・前置詞の後は名詞や動名詞では。。) 4)Is it going to kill you to make me one sandwith?(ここのitはなにを表しているのでしょうか?) 5)I should have known better (もっと知っておくべきだったのに、がベストな訳でしょうか?)

• 翻訳お願いします。

いつもお世話になります。 ぜひ翻訳をお願いしたい文章がありますので、翻訳をお願い出来ないでしょうか? この文章は僕の憧れのバーナード・ラガト選手の言ったことです。 曖昧には理解できますが、ぜひ彼が何と言っているのかしっかり知り、参考にし、学びたいんです! 宜しくお願いします! One of the things that I do is really good training. When I run 10 miles or even 15 miles I am running at a hard pace. I attribute it to my good training. Now, more than ever, I am having so much fun. Before, I just wanted to win so badly. Even now, I hate when I lose, but I don’t beat myself up about it. I used to want to win all the time. Now I’m having so much fun. Being a family man, having kids, it makes me even more relaxed. When my kid comes to watch me train, I’m having a blast. My son is like my coach. It’s so funny. He does cooldowns with me. But most important is my mental toughness. I tell myself that I am the toughest guy here. I have the experience. Some of these guys are even 16 years younger than me. But I say, “OK, you are a young guy, but when we square off, you know what? I’m going to be the winner, because I’m tough. I have the most experience. And I’m fast.” These are the things that are inside me. I’m not cocky. I just want to psyche myself up. I want to be the best. I think of a good workout that I did. And I know that I am ready for the race. There are a lot of things that come together. I’m enjoying it more than ever now.

• 法律英語:委任状きまり文句

多くの委任状に以下の決まり文句が出てきます。日本語での法律文書らしい対訳はどうなるのでしょうか?教えて頂けませんか? ----------------------------- HEREBY GIVING AND GRANTING unto my/our said attorney(s) full power and authority whatsoever requisite or necessary or proper to be done in or about the premises, as fully to all intents and purposes as I/we might or could lawfully do if personally present, and hereby certifying ad confirming all that my/our said attorney(s) shall do or cause to be done under and by virtue of these presents. IN WITNESS WHEREOF, I/WE have hereunto set my/our hand this ______ day of ______20_____ in ___. ----------------------------- よろしくお願いします

• 翻訳お願いします

翻訳お願いします><; It also means that extra precautions are required for disposing of these bulbs. Research into ever better lighting has continued, and now a new candidate seems to have emerged in the form of the LED lamp. For many years now, LEDs have been a part of electronic equipment of all kinds. However, their role is expanding and they seem poised to become the preferred lighting source of the future. An individual light-emitting diode is small-far too small to light a room. An LED lamp therefore typically contains multiple diodes to achieve a sufficiently bright light. The design is quite robust, as there are no delicate tubes to break, and of course they contain no mercury. Their energy efficiency is actually very similar to CFLs but where they really come out top is with regard to their Lifespan. An LED lamp can have a lifespan of 30,000 hours or more, which means it can be used for an amazing 25 or 30 years. At present, the cost of LED lamps is very high, but nevertheless the extremely long lifespan means that large cost savings will be made after a few years. よろしくお願いします!!

• 翻訳お願いします。

翻訳サイトや辞書で調べてみたのですがこちらの文章が今ひとつ理解できません。 長い文章なので、大まかな訳で構いませんので、相手がどの様なことを説明しているのか 教えていただけないでしょうか。 どうかよろしくお願いします。 I want to create your indulgence and make you understand how things do work out here when it comes to the animal market.You might lack alot more experience to handle situations as sure but you need to understand we normally do accept full payment prior to any delivery,but just for the fact that you were being skeptical over sending payment upfront,we had to come to a compromise,half payment upfront and half upon delivery. I was obliged to respect our agreement,but due to the fact that,it took you so long to make payment,having gone twice to A and did not succeed and once to B,though succeeded,there was an embargo which you did make me understand.So how then do you expect me to proceed after all this doubts around??All you need to do is make your parents understand it is due to this,i am putting everything unhold and unless the remaining payment is done and confirmed,which i doubt it will,unless you prove me otherwise,before i will then proceed further as planned and you will receive your animals before i leave for Germany. I hope with your high sense of reasoning,you will definitely see reasons with me on this and there is simply no reason why you would not want to send the remaining C$,unless you know it is impossible.I am 100% willing to do business with you,so please i hope you can comply soonest,so that we get this done with once and for all and you should be expecting your animals delivered in a short run. Thanks and i hope to get a positive respond from you this time around,so as to enable me draw into conclusions. Greetings from Great Britain:)and please i want you to have no worries at all.I promise you not only as a reputable breeder,but as a christian and a father of 4,i will not fail you.Have trust and confidence in me and i assure you like never before,everything will be smoothly done,than you least expect it to!!

• 代名詞の問題教えてください

代名詞の問題教えてください (   )にはどれが入りますか。和訳も教えてください。 1The issue is one for (each/every/me/we/us) students to discuss. 2He cares so little about his meal that (anything/nothing/everything/something) will do so long as it fills his stomach. 3These two disliked (every/all/each)other so much that it was difficult for them to come to (no/some/any) agreement even in defence of their own interests. よろしくお願いします

• 古典翻訳:ホラティウスの書簡集一の二

You lose no time in taking out a fly, Or straw, it may be, that torments your eye; Why, when a thing devours your mind, adjourn Till this day year all thought of the concern? Come now, have courage to be wise: begin: You're halfway over when you once plunge in: He who puts off the time for mending, stands A clodpoll by the stream with folded hands, Waiting till all the water be gone past; But it runs on, and will, while time shall last. (著者:Horace. 書名:The Satires, Epistles, and Art of Poetry 英訳者:John Conington。1869年の訳) 試訳: 砂粒一つも、目に入れば、迷惑千万 さっと洗うのが、自然のの摂理。 これに逆らうは、心の澱み ゴミ屋敷になって初めて、大あわて。 どこから手を付けていいか分からなくとも、 初めの一歩を踏み出せれば、片付の半分は終っています。 川を渡る時に、愚か者が、 川の水が尽きてから渡る、と言う様にならぬように。 川の水は、いつまでも、そしてこれからも、尽きる事はありません。 He who puts off the time for mending, stands A clodpoll by the stream with folded hands,(改善を先延ばしにして、川縁で手を合す愚か者)の箇所は、あまりよく分からなかったのですが、「川を渡るのを躊躇してそうしているのかな~?」と勝手に想像して訳しました。他にも、今回はYou lose no time in taking out a fly, Or straw, it may be, that torments your eye;の箇所なども、個人的に現代人は、目に蠅や藁が入るような生活をしていないので、大胆に「砂一粒も目に入れば」と変更し、Till this day year all thought of the concern?も、時間を訳さずに「ゴミ屋敷になって初めて、大あわて。」と実際に一年もなんもしなかったこうかな?とか想像して訳してみました。 そんなこんなんで、なんとかホラティウスの表現した情景を日本語でも表現しようと、大胆に今回は訳してみましたが、これでよかったのか、どうなのか、どうでしょうかね? やはり、さすがホラティウスだと思う見事な表現ですが、皆様はどのように訳されますか? 翻訳例を教えてくださいませ。 お作品に優劣をつける事はできませんので、BAは選びませんが、よろしくお願い致します。

• 翻訳アプリの翻訳では意味不明なコメント

京都橘高校が2018年にアメリカ、パサデナの競技場で行った演奏で、当時のコーチが義足の女の子の頭を押さえて礼をさせたような映像に対して、アメリカ人?から次のようなコメントが投稿されました。➡ If you watch pro. Yukapoopshit through out the parade and the bandfest, he has to be the one who stands out. He constantly pushes and make them look egnorant all the time. They are the ones who comes up with the music and dance, not him. There was no cause for him to grab Hitomi by the neck and force her to bow. This id how ne treats these kids. Lets hope that if Tachibana comes to the 2025 Rose Parade they will leave that piece of shit behind. They now have a new director and band coach that treats them with respect, she has also lead them to gold for two years in a row. Most likely more to come. Every parade これを翻訳アプリにかけると、次のようになりました。 ➡プロを見るなら。 Yukapoopshit パレードとバンドフェストを通して、彼は際立っている人でなければなりません。 彼は常にプッシュし、常に無知に見えるようにします。 彼ではなく、音楽とダンスを考え出すのは彼らです。 ひとみの首を掴んで無理やりお辞儀をさせるわけにはいかない。 これ neがこれらの子供たちをどのように扱っているかを確認してください。 レッツ 立花さんが来てくれることを願っています 2025年のローズパレード そのたわごとを残してください。 彼らは今、新しい監督を迎え、彼らを扱うバンドコーチ尊敬し、彼女は彼らを2年連続金賞。 多くのもっと来る可能性があります。 毎パレード これでは、意味がわかりません。この人は、コーチに怒っているのか、否か、どちらなんでしょうか?

• 翻訳技術がおどろくほど向上。これはPCでの使用では

以前に比べると翻訳技術がおどろくほど向上して来ています。なんでもAI技術により精度が大きく向上したのだとか。マイクロソフトは更に今後5年ほどで大きく翻訳レベルは向上すると言っています。 質問なのですが、現状ネット環境がないと使用できませんが、これはGoogleやMicrosoftの商売上として翻訳をネットを返して行っているのですか?それとも現在の家庭用パソコンレベルでは処理しきれないほどの高い演算能力が必要なためにネットを返した翻訳システムなのでしょうか? 例えば将来的にパソコンやスマホにアプリをインストールするかたちで手元で翻訳することは可能になりそうでしょうか? ご存知ありましたら、ご解説ください。よろしくお願いします。 例えばトランプ大統領演説の冒頭を翻訳すると以下のような感じです。 原文 Chief Justice Roberts, President Carter, President Clinton, President Bush, President Obama, fellow Americans, and people of the world: thank you.  We, the citizens of America, are now joined in a great national effort to rebuild our country and to restore its promise for all of our people.  Together, we will determine the course of America and the world for years to come.  We will face challenges. We will confront hardships. But we will get the job done.  Every four years, we gather on these steps to carry out the orderly and peaceful transfer of power, and we are grateful to President Obama and First Lady Michelle Obama for their gracious aid throughout this transition. They have been magnificent. 人翻訳 ロバート最高裁長官、カーター大統領、クリントン大統領、ブッシュ大統領、オバマ大統領、アメリカのみなさん、世界のみなさん、ありがとう。 我々アメリカ国民は今、偉大な国を取り戻す活動に参加することになる。我が国民全てのための約束を果たすために。 ともに我々は、来るべき未来のためにアメリカの道と世界の道を切り開く。 我々は挑戦に直面している。我々は困難に直面している。しかし、我々はこの任務を成し遂げる。 四年ごとに我々は、いつもながらの平和裏の政権移行の場に集まる。この政権移行に際して、オバマ大統領、ミシェル夫人に感謝する。素晴らしい方々だ。心から感謝する。 Google翻訳 ロバート大統領、カーター大統領、クリントン大統領、ブッシュ大統領、オバマ大統領、アメリカ人同胞、世界の人々、ありがとう。 私たちの国民である私たちは、国を再建し、すべての国民の約束を取り戻すために、大きな国家的努力に加わりました。 一緒に、我々は、今後数年間、アメリカと世界のコースを決定します。 我々は挑戦に直面するだろう。 私たちは苦難に直面します。 しかし、私たちは仕事を終わらせるでしょう。 4年ごとに、秩序ある平和的な権力移譲を行うためにこれらの措置を講じるとともに、オバマ大統領とミシェル・オバマ大統領に、この移行を通じて貴重な援助をいただき、感謝しています。 彼らは素晴らしかったです。

専門家に質問してみよう