• ベストアンサー

英文の中に独語が混ざった場合どう読むのかな?

「The Summing Up」の中の一文です [In Goethe's Wahheit und Dichtung he relates how in ~] の中の独語の部分「Wahheit und Dichtung 」はどのように発音したらいいのか、教えてください。 英語に直して「Truth and Poetry」と読んでもかまはないでしょうか。

• big810
  • お礼率92% (111/120)
  • 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数2

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • mar4554
  • ベストアンサー率35% (5/14)
回答No.1

アメリカに住んでいたドイツ人によると、教養のある人はドイツ語読み(ゴェーテズ ワーハイト ウント ディシュトゥン)で読み、構わない人は英語読みで適当に読むそうです。(ギーシーズとか)

big810
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます。学生の頃少しドイツ語を少し習ったのですが、すっかり忘れてしまいました。「ゴェーテズ ワーハイト ウント ディシュトゥン」これでいきます。助かりました。

その他の回答 (1)

noname#111031
noname#111031
回答No.2

ドイツ語はドイツ語として読むのが普通ではないでしょうか。ドイツ語を知らない人は読みようがないので、英語式になるでしょう。 引用のドイツ語綴りは確かですか? Wahrheitではないでしょうか?

big810
質問者

お礼

早速の回答有難うございました。ご指摘のようにスペルが間違っておりました。失礼しました。

関連するQ&A

• この英文訳してください。。。

この英文訳してください。。。 文が難しくて訳せません。 わかるかた教えてください Jamie `s program is fun, but he is a serious young man. For example, he has trained disadvantaged young ?sters to be professional chefs. Also he was won awards for helping children to learn about healthy eating. His program teaches skills which many young people don`t learn at home anymore-how to shop well, or how to choose fruit and vegetables. Jamie`s philosophy can be found in the title of his program. The naked chef. It shows that he values preparing simple, healthy food. Today many young people eat fast food. But Jamie`s is telling us to be creative with the things that we find in our kitchen. He also reminds us of the pleasure of sharing good food with family and friends. This is the recipe for his success, and for great cooking お願いいたします

• この英文は何を言いたいのですか?

以下の文ですが、老人は孤独だから、女よりも話し相手が欲しいのだ、と言いたいのですか? それが老人の知恵だと言いたいのでしょうか? どうも、何を言いたいのか、よく分かりません。外国のメル友が送ってくれました。メル友にとってはimpressiveな内容なんだろうと思います。 解説的に説明して頂けませんか。宜しくお願いします。 Here's a guy in his 70's who loves to fish. He was sitting in his boat the other day when he heard a voice say, 'Pick me up.' He looked around and couldn't see anyone. He thought he was dreaming when he heard the voice say again,'Pick me up.' He looked in the water and there, floating on the top, was a frog. The man said, 'Are you talking to me?' The frog said, 'Yes, I'm talking to you. Pick me up, then kiss me; and I'll turn into the most beautiful woman you have ever seen. I'll make sure that all your friends are envious and jealous, because I will be your bride!' The man looked at the frog for a short time, reached over, picked it up carefully and placed it in his shirt pocket. The frog said, 'What, are you nuts? Didn't you hear what I said? I said, "Kiss me, and I will be your beautiful bride."' He opened his pocket, looked at the frog and said, 'Nah. At my age, I'd rather have a talking frog.' With age comes wisdom.

• 英文解説お願いします。

英語学習初級レベルの為 解りやすい説明頂けると助かります。 宜しくお願いします。 We have to remember all those things,like the person's name,Tokugawa Ieyasu,the date when he came into power,1603 and how long had the Tokugawa-family lasted,fifteenth. and以降の how long had~の文なのですが 徳川家がどれくらい続いたのか だと思うのですが この文はどうして how long the Tokugawa-family had lasted. とならずに how long had~の文章になるのでしょうか?

• 次の英文の和訳をお願いしますm(._.)m

次の英文の和訳をお願いしますm(._.)m So what's the alternative? She could express her feelings with "I feel” statements. How does she feel? She feels ticked off! So why not just say this instead of being argumentative? She could also try to understand what he's thinking and feeling. How does he feel? He feels shut out and ignored. She could say, "I feel put down and angry, but I know there's some truth in what you say. Apparently you think I've put my career first and you feel rejected. Is this the way you feel? If so, could understand why you feel hurt and angry." 長くなってしまいましたが、よろしくお願いしますm(._.)m

• 英文訳してくださいm;;明日試験なんです

明日試験なんです;; わからない英文が数箇所あるんで出来る方日本語訳お願いしますm(__)m (1)Everything was as we had seen it in the daytime. ↑文asの意味が特にわかりません (2)A moment rater ~~~ ↑ある文の始めのほうなんですが辞書などで調べると 「一瞬おいて」と少し直訳的な訳になったんですがこれでよいでしょうか? (3)We saw the light before us in the night. ↑文でbefore usが特にわかりません。 (4)If not,he may see the light or hear us through the ventilator. 「そうでなければ、彼は私たちの声を聞くか換気扇を通して明かりを見るだろう。」となったのですがあっていますか? (5)How shall I ever forget that terrible night? ↑文everがわかりません (6)Within a few feet of me. 「私の数本の足の中に」ではおかしいですよね? (7)He was just as nervous as I. Justがどういう意味を取るのかがよくわかりません。 (9)How long those 15 minutes seemed! 「どんなにその15分が長く思われたでしょう」でよいでしょうか? (8)Twelve o'clock,and one,and two,and three,and still we sat and waited. この文も訳があいまいになってしまいました 自分なりに訳したりしてみたのですがあやふやになってしまって自信がありません。 英文の下に書いてある私のコメントは無視していただいて全文訳だけでもかまいません。 スペルミスには気をつけたのですが間違いがあるかもしれませんが、よろしくお願いしますm(__)m

• 英文について教えてください。

Moreover-taking the word "tragedy" in its most ordinary modern sense-it is Gretchen who suffers the tragedy, which Faust takes in his stride. We never see him hunted by the furies, like Orestes: no sooner has Part Two begun than spirits "remove the burning arrows of remorse, and cleanse his mind of memories." And though he dies blind like Oedipus, (1)【he does not blind himself with clasps plucked in a passion from the corpse of his beloved, resolved to live in infamy and night.】 Rather, he loses his sight when he is a hundred years old, just before he dies in a moment of elation. Faust's sufferings are incidental. He is not a tragic hero like Orestes, who is called upon to kill his mother, or like Oedipus, who owes it to his city to find out who killed his predecessor and who thus discovers that he killed his father and is wedded to his mother. In Faust, tragedy engulfs not the hero but representatives of unheroic, non-outstanding, suffering humanity: Gretchen, Philemon and Baucis, Gretchen's mother. The death of Philemon and Baucis in the fifth act of Part Two involves no tragic conflict in Faust's mind: he has given different instructions; their death is a hideous surprise to him; but again he takes it in his stride.(2)【 It is another episode, no more.】(3)【 In retrospect we realize, if it was not clear to us all along, that Gretchen's tragedy, too, was a mere episode.】 The drama is epic, the effect cumulative. 『Goethe's Faust by Walter Kaufmann』 上記の英文の(1)【】、(2)【】、(3)【】の部分について質問です。 (1)【he does not blind himself with clasps plucked in a passion from the corpse of his beloved, resolved to live in infamy and night.】 *clasps pluckedとはどういう意味にとればよいのでしょうか? *全体はどういう訳になりますか? (2)【 It is another episode, no more.】 *これはどういうことを言っているのでしょうか? another episodeとは? (3)【 In retrospect we realize, if it was not clear to us all along, that Gretchen's tragedy, too, was a mere episode.】 *文の構造がよくわかりません。 if節があって、帰結はGretchen's tragedy, too, was a mere episodeだと思うのですが、Gretchen's tragedyの前にthatがついているのがわかりません。 *また、it was not clear to us all alongのitは何をさしているのでしょうか? よろしくお願いいたします。

• (2)以下の英文について教えてください。

(1)の続きです。 The truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth—how rarely the older literatures ever told it! Bits of the truth, yes; every good book gives us bits of the truth, would not be a good book if it did not. But the whole truth, no. Of the great writers of the past incredibly few have given us that. Homer—the Homer of the Odyssey—is one of those few. Of the great writers of the past incredibly few have given us that. の構造は、 Few of the great writers of the past incredibly have given us that.ですか? thatはthe whole truthですか? Bits of the truth, yes;とBut the whole truth, no.が対比されている感じですが、 少し真実が書かれてある本はあるが、全部が真実である本はない、という意味ですか? yesとnoの意味するところがよくわかりません。 お手数をおかけしますが、よろしくお願いします。 ----------------Tragedy and the Whole Truth: Aldous Huxley

• この英文が訳せません。

この英文が上手く訳せないので教えていただけるとありがたいです。 以下に英文と自分の訳を載せておきますので少し長いですがお願いします。 英文 This fundamentally ascetic trait of middle-class life, if it attempts to be a way of life at all, and not simply the absence of any, was what Goethe wanted to teach, at the height of his wisdom, in the Wanderjahren, and in the end which he gave to the life of his Faust. 自分の訳 この根本的に禁欲的な中産階級の生活の特徴はそれが生活の試みである限り単に何かの欠如だけでなく・・・・・ 彼の最高の地点で「Wanderjahren」でゲーテが教えたかったことでした、そして結局彼はファーストの命の中にそれを吹き込んだ。

• 英文にする

私は昨日テレビをみて一日を終えましたそしてそのテレビで私の大好きな俳優が彼の太り具合を話してました。は I ended (finished) the day by watching TV yeasterday and in that program my favorite actor said how fat he is now. これで大丈夫でしょうか?? 教えて下さい(*^_^*)

• 英文の和訳を希望します

和訳をしていただけるかたのみで、 お願いできますでしょうか? 1つの段落の後半部分となります。 どうぞよろしくお願いいたします。 He liked music, dance and prophecy ands poetry and may have liked to travel a restless character He may have played a musical instrument, and did not much like work or hard labor, though he was a dutiful man. He would have worked long and hard for poor return in the past and developed no taste for it. He was the keeper of family secrets. People could confide in him knowing it would go no further. When they were small your soul mates father would have seemed to have had a cold and forbidding exterior. Stern gruff traditional, occasionally cruel and harsh;. The dominant head of the house. But as the children grew older they could see through this father act, to his wealth of kinder character and his love and affection. He had many material goods and was practical and prosperous.