• 締切済み

穴埋め

ある長文の要約です。「オーストラリアに留学した少年が初日の寒い夜に電気毛布のスイッチの入れ方が分からなくて、持っていた服を着込んで寝た。」この内容を受けて次の問題があります。 He had to sleep in his (   ).この穴埋めに次の選択肢があるのです。「アtrouble イclothes」正解はイですが、アは駄目なのでしょうか?be in troubleなんて熟語もあるので可能性があるのではと思ったのですが。

• spacy
  • お礼率97% (326/333)
  • 英語
  • 回答数4
  • ありがとう数6

みんなの回答

noname#114795
noname#114795
回答No.4

No.3 です. 「もし仮に選択肢にtroubleしかなかった場合」ということなら,そもそもの問題設定が違って来ます.「参照長文」が与えられての問題ですから.「もし仮に選択肢にtroubleしかなかった場合」ということなら別のご質問を新たに起こすべきです.新しいQNoが付きます. そうしないと,質問・解答がチェーン状に続く悪例となるでしょう.

spacy
質問者

お礼

確かにそうですね。以降気をつけます。

noname#114795
noname#114795
回答No.3

「持っていた服を着込んで」の部分に相当するのですから in his clothes です. 逆に,in his trouble だと,対応する日本語の文章が,「彼は困難/不運の中で」となるべきが,日本語原文にはありません. be in trouble は「困難/不運の状況にある」という意味ですが,原文では服を着込む話しかありません. つまり,アとイでは意味が違って来ます.

spacy
質問者

お礼

回答有難うございます。確かに意味が違いますよね。でもですね、もし仮に選択肢にtroubleしかなかった場合、文法上違うという切り口で説明することは可能ですか?

noname#53955
noname#53955
回答No.2

(・∀・)HELLO! He had to sleep in his trouble 彼は問題で眠らなければなりませんでした He had to sleep in his clothes 彼は衣服で眠らなければなりませんでした ここだけだとこうなってしまいますが。。w 彼の問題で眠らなければならない・・・? これは、問題というより、睡魔では? どのようにしての部分ですので、 問題があったので眠らなければならないというのは、おかしい。 しかし、問題があったが眠らなければならなかったなら troubleで良いのではないかと。

spacy
質問者

お礼

回答有難うございます。「彼のトラブルの中で眠ることになった。」的な内容でオッケーということにはなりませんか?

回答No.1

可能性は有りますが、完全に内容を受けた解答です。 熟語・文法問題ではなくて、内容把握問題なのでしょう。

spacy
質問者

お礼

回答有難うございます。もし、内容把握問題ということを抜きにすれば、つまり会話としてネイティブには伝わるものなのでしょうか?

関連するQ&A

• 教えてくださいっ!!

教えてくださいっ!! Q 次の熟語と音訓の組み合わせがおなじ熟語をしたから一つ選び、記号で答えなさい。 (1) 本物     ア 強敵 イ 家事 ウ 気軽 エ 雨戸 (2) 手本  ア 合間 イ 場所 ウ 悲鳴 エ 解答 (3) 読点  ア 前進 イ 王様 ウ 身分 エ 青葉 (4) 花屋  ア 遠足 イ 荷物 ウ 野山 エ 見方 おねがいしますううううううう

• 熟語の構成についての質問です。次の問題がわかるかたいらっしゃいますか?

熟語の構成についての質問です。次の問題がわかるかたいらっしゃいますか?どうか教えてください。 次の[ ]部分の熟語の構成と同じものを、あとのア~エから選びましょう。 (1) 会議が[円滑]に進む。 (2) [喫茶]店でコーヒーを飲む。 (3) 反対意見を[排斥]する。 (4) [病床]で注射をしてもらう。  ア 光明 イ 晩春 ウ 着席 エ 急激 (2)はウ、(4)はイだと思うのですが、(1)と(3)がわかりません。よろしかったら、解説してください。よろしくお願いします。  

• 次の問題を解いてください!お願いします!

次の問題を解いてください!お願いします! 次の文の(?)内に入れるのに最も適当なものを、下から1つずつ選べ。 (1)Tadashi (?) in Turkey for three years when the earthquake happened. ア.was イ.has been ウ.would be エ.had been (2)I heard a scream behind me;one of the boys (?) on a snake. ア.step イ.was stepped ウ.stepping エ.had stepped (3)The manager got angry because we (?) finished the work by the deadline. ア.had イ.hadn't ウ.have エ.haven't (4)He lost the watch his uncle (?) him for his birthday. ア.give イ.giving ウ.was given エ.had given 次の日本文の英訳として最も適当なものを1~5から1つ選べ。 彼はメアリーと結婚して20年になる。 1、He had married Mary twenty years ago. 2、He has been marrying to Mary for twenty years. 3、He married Mary for twenty years. 4、It has been twenty years since he got married to Mary. 5、It is for twenty years that he got married to Mary.

• 英語

一通り問題を解いて見ましたが、一番最初の問題だけ、どれだか迷ってしまいました。誰も家にいなかった、という意味には違いないと思うのですが… 1When she called his house this morning, ( ) at home. アanybody wasn't イno one would be ウnobody was エeverybody wouldn't be 2The firemen had trouble getting to the street ( ) the houses were on fire. アhow イthat ウwhere エwhich 3It is often said that rice is to Asians ( ) wheat is to Europeans. アhow イthat ウwhat エwhich 4The professor sternly told the student, “Read the passage ( ) I referred in my lecture.” アin which イof what ウthat エto which 5Zero degrees Celsius (0℃) is the temperature ( ) water changes to ice. アat which イwhose ウin which エto which 6( ) matters is whether you do your best or not. アthat イwhich ウwhat エwhy 7I was just about to sleep, ( ) the front-door bell rang. アon which イwhen ウwhenever エwhere 8I found the book on the kitchen shelf, ( ) was the last place I expected to find it. アwhere イwhich ウwhen エthat 9Unborn babies ( ) mother smoke are in danger of developing health problems. アwho イwhose ウwhom エthat 10The man ( ) I believed was an Australian was in fact an American. アwho イwhom ウin whom エfor who 以上になります。

• 英語

1It's already ten. It's high time you ( ) in bed. アare イhave been ウwere エwill be 2If it were not for the rain, we ( ) hiking today. アcan go イwould go ウmay well go エwere able to go 3( ) greenhouse effect, the climate on the earth would be much colder. アAgainst イWithout ウUnless エNot 4( ) for the doctor's great skill in the operation, he wouldn't be alive now. アWithout イUnless ウBut エNot 5But for the medicine, the patient ( ). アhas been dead イhad been dead ウmay have been dead エmight have been dead 6Had I known you were coming to Tokyo, I ( ) to the station to meet you. アwent イwould have gone うhad gone エ would go 7I could tell who he was from his accent; ( ) I wouldn't have known it was him. アhowever イtherefore ウfor エotherwise 8Jack had a skiing accident yesterday, but he's all right. He is lucky, because he ( ) hurt himself badly. アcould have イmight ウshould エwill have 9I'm sorry to hear about your problem. But if you had taken my advice, you ( ) in such a trouble now. アhaven't イwould be ウwould havd been エwouldn't be 3,4辺りが良く分かりませんでした。

• ( )に入る適当なものを選んでください。

1.His visit spared me the trouble ( ) to him.  ア that writes       イ writing      ウ of writing      エ to write 2.(   )he has represented rich clients enhanced his image in the court.   ア As       イ What     ウ While     エ That 3.Take along some water with you ( ) you get thirsty.   ア if       イ in case      ウ so if      エ expect for 4.I suggested to Mary ( ) with me.   ア come       イ to come      ウ of her      エ that she come 5.He is ( ) telling a lie.   ア above       イ on     ウ across      エ below 6.Is there some rule ( ) we must not do it?   ア as       イ but      ウ that      エ which 再びすみません。 この問題もお願いします。

• 熟語の構成

わからないので教えてください! 「次の熟語を ア~クから熟語の構成が同じものを二つずつ選ぼう」 (1)喫茶 (2)燃焼 (3)薄暮 (4)今昔 ア岩室 イ忘恩 ウ貸借 エ仲介 オ弓道 カ若干 キ深浅 ク写経 たぶん(4)今昔はウとキだと思うのですが… わかりません(汗) だれか教えてください…<m(_ _)m>

• 英語の問題です。

各問題に、訳と解答解説をつけてくださると助かります。 お願いします。 1 The air conditioner (), we had to take out our old fan from the closet.   アwas broken down イbroke down ウbeing broking down エhaving broken down 2 Wooden bridges are inferior () concrete bridges.   アfrom イto ウwith エin 3 There is no () in complaining any further.   アdoubt イpity ウpoint エpossibility 4 You´d better not work much ; () you won´t get over your fatigue.   アotherwise イunless ウso エtherefore 5 This is the () best book I´ve ever read.   アfar イmost ウmuch エvery 6 Mike goes fishing every Saturday () the weather is bad.   アexcept when イin spite of ウnevertheless エregardless of 7 He looked for a place ().   アfor how to sleep イin where to sleep ウin which to sleep エfor where to sleep 8 “Why are you so angry with him?”“He kept me waiting () two hours.”   アso long as イas long as ウvery long as エquite long as 9 This apple is not as delicious as () I bought yesterday.   アmuch as イsuch as ウit エthe one 10 I came () an old friend of mine at the station yesterday.    アover イup ウacross エat 11 I´ve run () of sugar. Will you give me some?    アfull イshort ウwant エlack 12 I was reading a book last night when Jane called ().    アme off イover me ウme up エat me 13 A fire broke () in my neighborhood last night.    アup イout ウover エinto 14 This country is so () that it takes no more than a day to drive around it.    アlarge イnarrow ウsmall エwide 15 “Is the tax () in the price?”“No. It will be added later.”    アexcluded イincluded ウconcluded エconnected

• 接続詞

接続詞の記号問題です。 答えが分かっても、その根拠が良く分からないものもありました。できれば解説も含めてお願いします。 6に関しては訳例があると助かります。 1 Make sure ( ) you have all your belongings with you. アin case イas if ウwhat エthat 2 Did you ever know ( ) it is to be in deep trouble? アwhat イwhich ウthat エof which 3 The news ( ) her son surprised the accident surprised us all. アabout イof ウwhich エthat 4 ( ) is more interested in melody than in rhythm is apparent from his compositions. アThat Paul Simon イWhat Paul Simon ウBecause Paul Simon エWhen Paul Simon 5 Young men today are unlike our generation ( ) they express their likes and dislikes clearly. アin which イin what ウin that エin case 6 When kids were asked ( ) form of media they had wanted to have on a desert island, electronics of all sorts were chosen over books and magazines. アhow イthat ウwhich エwhose

• 英語の記号問題ですが…

文法項目別ではなく、問題形式別だったので、難しく感じました。 解いてはみたものの、自信がないです。時制や前置詞など曖昧なものもありました。 一言で結構ですので、解答とあわせて、訳や解説を何かつけていただけないでしょうか。 お願いします。 1 By the time the fire engine arrived,the house().   アalready burned down イhas already burned down ウhad already burned down エ     would already burned down 2 You ()such a book,however interesting it may be.   アhad better not to read イhad better not read ウhad better not reading エdidn´t    have better read 3 After going over the plan,we decided()finance.   アdiscussing イdiscussing about ウto discuss エto discuss about 4 I took off my shoes()make any noise.   アbecause I イin case I ウso that エso as not to 5 Upon returning from class,().   アthe mailbox had a letter in it イa letter was found in the mail box   ウI found a letter in the mailbox エa letter would be in the mailbox 6 If you keep the warranty of this DVD player, you can have it()for free.   アfixing イfixed ウto fix エto be fixed 7 Just()he is taller than you does not mean he is better at basketball.   アbecause イso ウas エlike 8 ()of my friends have been to Japan this year.   アNumerous イSeveral ウEach エEither 9 I will have finished the work()this time tomorrow.   アtill イsince ウby エuntill 10 We were waiting for him()a cup of coffee.    アto イon ウat エover 11 There were three other people at the meeting()Mr.Smith.    アbut イbesides ウalso エas well 12 Mary is expecting her uncle to arrive()September 15th.    アof イon ウat エin 13 ()my horror,a stranger peeped into the room through the window.    アFor イWith ウBecause of エTo 14 My father often enjoys()his colleagues after work.    アtalks イto talk ウtalking エtalking with 以上です。