• ベストアンサー

bay, bobtail nag と gwine

Gwine to Run All Night(De Camptown Races )という古い曲の歌詞で、 Gwine to run all night! Gwine to run all day! I'll bet my money on de bobtail nag, Somebody bet on de bay. というのがありました。 Gwine と bobtail nag と bay の意味が辞書を調べても、どうしてもわかりませんでした!

noname#25096
noname#25096
  • 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数3

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
noname#19923
noname#19923
回答No.1

リーダーズによると, gwine 《南部》 →GO の現在分詞. bobtail 切り尾の, 断尾した nag 小馬; 《口》 馬; 老いぼれ馬, 駑馬; 《俗》 《あまり速くない》競走馬 bay 赤茶色の動物, 鹿毛(の馬) 《体が褐色で, たてがみ・尾と四肢が黒い馬》 なお, de = the の視覚方言(ジーニアス) とのことです。

関連するQ&A

• "シャンハイに賭けちゃだめだ"のシャンハイとは?

スティーヴン・フォスターの曲、"Don't Bet Your Money on de Shanghai"。 そのまま訳すと「シャンハイに賭けちゃだめだ」とかいった意味になると思うのですが、この「シャンハイ」とは何を指しているのでしょうか? 投資家向けの曲とも思えませんし。

• 英語について

いくつか質問があります。 1 We run for an hour ever day. の文章中の an hourはどういう意味なんでしょうか。 2 Ken went to bet. の文章でbetの前にtheがつかないのはどうしてでしょうか。 3 why was Mika late yesterday? の文章は何故wasがつくのでしょうか?lateは動詞ではないのでしょうか。 お手数かけますが宜しくお願いします。

• 歌詞の和訳をお願いいたします。

I'll bring my love to you… I'll bring my love to you I've been stood up messed around and take for a fool but next time 'round I'm gonna change the rules and I don't care about the things that people say it's you I think about each and every day it's much too late for you to change your ways I can't keep holding on expecting you to stay when you're all alone and if you're feeling down call me I'll be around Whenever you need somebody I'll bring my love to you you don't have to say you love me I just wanna be with you Lost inside your love is where I wanna be I'm just asking you to spend some time with me time and time you say you wanna be free and you can have some fun that's okay with me you will never know just how good I feel the joy inside of me makes me feel so real when you're all alone and if you're feeling down call me I'll be around Whenever you need somebody I'll bring my love to you you don't have to say you love me I just wanna be with you whenever you need somebody I'll bring my love to you you don't have to say you love me I just wanna be with you I'll bring my love to you (I just wanna be with you) I'll bring my love to you (I just wanna be with you) It's much too late for you to change your way I can't keep holding on expecting you to stay when you're all alone and if you're feeling down call me I'll be around Whenever you need somebody I'll bring my love to you you don't have to say you love me I just wanna be with you whenever you need somebody I'll bring my love to you you don't have to say you love me I just wanna be with you Whenever you need somebody I'll bring my love to you you don't have to say you love me I just wanna be with you

• couldの後に完了形の時の解釈

I could have laid out all that money on a new PC, but on second thought I decided to put some aside for a rainy day. couldの後に完了形が来ると、どういう意味になるのでしょうか? よろしくお願いいたします。

• 並び替えと和訳教えてください

並び替えと和訳教えてください 1They stayed (all day / quietky / there). 2 He played ( at the Town Hall / last night / beautifully / in the concert). 3 We are going ( for a week / to Switzerland / on Sunday). よろしくお願いします

• この英文について教えてください。

リスニングの参考書の中に以下のような文章がありました。 文章の内容は夫婦で車で出掛けているが、 妻が魚に餌をやるのを忘れたから家に戻ってと夫に頼み、 夫はもう一時間も車で走ったから戻るのはいやと言いましたが、 最終的には戻ることにしたというものです。 夫:All right, I give up. I'll turn around at the next exit. (わかった、あきらめるよ。次の出口で引き返すよ。) 妻:Thank you! (ありがとう。) 夫:I'll bet you anything you didn't forget to feed them! (きっと、忘れないで餌をやってると思うけどな。) 一番最後の夫の文章中にanythingが入っていますが、 このanythingはどのような意味でしょうか? 辞書で調べると「I'll bet you」の次はthatが来るように思います。 なぜanythingが使われているのか教えていただけませんでしょうか。

• 曲の和訳お願いします

Crazy Bitch Buckcherry http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSzyKO_kW_s Break me down, you got a lovely face We're going to your place And now you got to freak me out Scream so loud, getting fuckin' laid You want me to stay, but I got to make my way Hey You're crazy bitch But you fuck so good, I'm on top of it When I dream, I'm doing you all night Scratches all down my back to keep me right on Hey You're crazy bitch But you fuck so good, I'm on top of it When I dream, I'm doing you all night Scratches all down my back to keep me right on Take it all, the paper is your game You jump in bed with fame Another one night paid in full, uh You're so fine, it won't be a loss Cashing in the rocks, just to get you face to face Hey You're crazy bitch But you fuck so good, I'm on top of it When I dream, I'm doing you all night Scratches all down my back to keep me right on Hey You're crazy bitch But you fuck so good, I'm on top of it When I dream, I'm doing you all night Scratches all down my back to keep me right on Get the video fuck you so good Get the video fuck you so good Crazy bitch Crazy bitch Crazy...bitch Hey You're crazy bitch But you fuck so good, I'm on top of it When I dream, I'm doing you all night Scratches all down my back to keep me right on Hey You're crazy bitch But you fuck so good, I'm on top of it When I dream, I'm doing you all night Scratches all down my back, come on Baby girl You want it all To be a star You'll have to go down Take it off No need to talk You're crazy But I like the way you fuck me Hey You're crazy bitch But you fuck so good, I'm on top of it When I dream, I'm doing you all night Scratches all down my back to keep me right on Hey You're crazy bitch But you fuck so good, I'm on top of it When I dream, I'm doing you all night Scratches all down my back to keep me right on You keep me right on You're crazy But I like the way you fuck me

• bother to do, run(動詞)

英語での放送文について質問があります。 Men: Did you hear about Vince? He's coming back to work in December. Women: Really? That's great! Is he going to take his old job back? M: Yes, after he left ,they never bothered to fill his position. Thigns'll run a lot smoother with him back. 質問ですが、訳ではthey never...positionは「ああ、彼が辞めた後もポストは空いたままだしな。彼が戻ってくればうんとはかどるよ」となっています。 どうして「ポストは空いたままだしな」という訳になるのでしょうか? bother は辞書で原義は「うるさく言って[つきまとって]困らせる」が本義とあります。bother = to spend time and/or energy doing sth.とあります。bother somebody =to annoy, worry or upset sb; to cause sb trouble or pain. theyって誰のことでしょうか?なんのことでしょうか? 「(彼が仕事を辞めたあとに)ポストに就こうと狙っていた人達の第3者のこと」でしょうか? things runという言い方はけっこうよく聞く表現でしょうか? runというと、「走る」「(店などが)~を経営する、運営する」「(液体などが)流れる」などの意味しかわかっていませんでしたので。

• 英語

英語 来年高3になる者です。 英語の単語帳のDUO3.0でわからない箇所があります。 I could have laid out all that money on a new PC, but on second thought I decided to put some aside for a rainy day. このcould haveは文法的にはどう説明され、どういう意味なのでしょうか。 助動詞+have done「~したかもしれない」かと思ったのですが、どうも合わないので…

• 英訳してください

英語の歌詞を訳してほしいです。 I became somebody through lovin’ you Sometimes in life, You run across a love unknown Without a reason, it seems like you belong, Hold on dear life, Don’t go off running from what’s new sometimes I go on through life thinking that love is somethin’ that’s not meant for me わからないところを抜粋しました。 曲はAnthony Hamiltonの「dear life」です。 よろしくお願いします。 参考全詩 Early was the morn, Flowers filled with dew, I became somebody through lovin’ you, Softly as a child, Born in natural rain, I predict the seasons to go unchanged, Sometimes in life, You run across a love unknown, Without a reason, it seems like you belong, Hold on dear life, Don’t go off running from what’s new, I became somebody through loving you, Warm was the sun, That covered my body, soul, Reminded me of you as I first known, Those were the days, The days that changed my life and made me new, I became somebody through loving you, Sometimes in life, You run across a love unknown, Without a reason, it feels like you belong, Hold on dear life, Don’t go off running from what’s new, I became somebody through loving you, As the sun shines...down on me, I know with you my love is where I want to be, Oh sometimes I go on through life thinking that love is somethin’ that’s not meant for me, Somebody, somebody Hold on dear life, Don’t go off running from what’s new I became somebody through lovin you I became somebody through lovin you Oh I became somebody through lovin you