正しい英文を教えて

このQ&Aのポイント
  • 正しい英文としては、I make it my slave by answering the telephoneが自然です。
  • 他の並べ方としては、I make the telephone my slave by answering itも可能です。
  • どちらの表現でも意味は同じですが、前者の方が一般的な表現です。
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

正しい英文を教えて

They are the slaves of the telephone; (it, I, answering, the telephone, make, my slave, by) only when I feel like it. という文章があります.( )内の語を組み合わせて正しい文章にするにはどうしたら良いでしょうか? 1. I make it my slave by answering the telephone 2. I make the telephone my slave by ansqering it のどちらが英語として自然でしょうか?それとも他の並べ方がありますか?誰か教えて下さい.

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数0

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
回答No.1

2でいいと思います。  「彼らは電話の奴隷になっている。(でも)私の方は,そうしたいときだけ,それ(電話)に応答することによって,電話を私の奴隷にしているのだ」という内容ですよね。make the telephone the slave の方が主たる内容で,かつ順序も先ですので,the telephone とし,by answering it の方は従で,かつ後に来ていますので,it で受けます。

clear-eye
質問者

補足

ありがとうございます.2つの文がピリオドで区切られた独立の文ならば迷う事はなかったのですが、セミコロンで区切られているの大分考えました.ご指摘の通り2の方が良いように思いますが、1も間違いではないように思いますがどうなのでしょうか?ご意見聞かせていただければありがたく思います. それからももう一つ、 There is a wonderful thing about dreams. In some mysterious way that no one fully understands, they seem to contain the seeds of their own fulfillment. If you dream something long enough and hard enough, a door seems to open and through that door comes a mysterious power that will guide and support you in your efforts to make the dream come true. はどう訳したら良いでしょうか?直訳すると、我々の経験と乖離しており、著者が何を主張しているのかよくわかりません.特に、something long enough and hard enoughと全体の関連がよくわかりません.宜しくお願いします.

関連するQ&A

• この英文の意味を訳してください

I also look after everything local I either Scouts a direct and delegate the games they got to, to be nice to feel one of the lads make it because when I was fourteen there was nothing like this. この意味を教えてください

• この英文が何て言っているか(*´ェ`*)

When i went to the post office, they remove the wrapper of my gift and open it.and then they transper it to another mailing boxSo, the gift was not in a gift wrapper anymore.. Im not sure if you will like the gift or not. I just hope that you will somehow like it.. 何て言ってるかわかりません。 日本語に訳してください。 お願致します。 

• 英文を日本語に訳してください!お願いします!

アメリカ在住の中国人女性と英語でメールのやり取りをしています。私は英語初心者のため彼女からの文章が上手く理解できません。 どなたか日本語に翻訳してください!どうぞよろしくお願い致します!長文で申し訳ありません… (この女性の職業は家庭教師です。マイケルは旦那さんです。 また、私は食材を使用したアートの写真をSNSにアップしています。) My character is active ,like to make friends . Michael remain me don't too closely with people, they will feel uncomfortable. Maybe they think I want to get adventure from them. But I say I want all my friends happy ,enjoy their life and feeling love. When I see all my friends carry lovely smile, I will feel happy too. I like sharing love with all my friends. I always let my students to know this. I give lots of time , thinking and communication with them. They all are teenagers, never listen to their family. Not reply to messages, knock bedroom and s Unlike go out for public society . I show with them to know they are very important to me. And step by step to let them know your family so worried about them. I can see your food art also let people to know that meaning. Honestly, I think what will you make on this week. Because I feel happy to see it. Haha never seen people like me ,right? Too much comments and suggestions, Michael feels headaches all the time but that is me.

• 英文確認していただけませんか?

簡単な文章で恥ずかしいのですが…文として成り立ってるか(きっと間違っているので)確認していただけませんか? 間違っている部分を添削して頂けると嬉しいです。 内容は遠いところに住む友人や家族との連絡(コミュニケーション)のとり方についてです。 As for me, the communication with friends who lives in my hometownis an e-mail mainly. When I want to hear their voice, I sometimes talk on the telephone. With my family, I sometimes talk on the telephone. I don't talk on the telephone from me, but my family telephones me. The reason is because they confirms whether I am cheerful.

• 英文を訳して下さい。

Say I love you, only when you mean it and make sure they know you mean it. Make excuses to call you every 5 minutes when am at work. Even if you are really busy doing something, go out of your way to call and say I love you. Let there never be a second during any given day that you aren't thinking about each other, and make sure you knows it. よろしくお願いします。

• itが指すもの

以下の文でitが指すものがよくわかりません。1つでもいいのでおしえてください。よろしくお願いします。 (1) I take my truck out sometimes and just go for drives when I feel like 'it' to get away from the city. ・このitは後に続いているto~の部分を指しているという解釈でいいですか?そうだとしたら、I feel like getting away from the city.とどう違うのでしょうか。 (2) I'm really busy these days 'it' makes my head spin!

• 英文添削をお願いします.

添削をお願いします. 長文ですみませんが、どうか御助力下さい! When I drink alcoholic beverage I blush in my face like a tomato. 私は、アルコール飲料を飲むと、トマトみたいに顔が赤くなります。 Since I feel like people look at me. I'm so embarrassed to take a train with red face. 人が私を見るように、私は感じるから。赤い顔で電車に乗るのはとても恥ずかしい。 Gin lime is my favorite to drink before sleeping. It make me sleepy 寝る前に飲むジンライムが今は私のお気に入りです。それは私を眠りに誘ってくれるから。 Usually I'm hard to fall asleep so that I take it a little.  私はいつも寝つきが悪いのでそれを少し飲むの。 Well, it's kind of sleeping pill. まあ睡眠薬みたいなもんかなあ?

• 英文訳と文法を教えて下さい。

海外の方とメールのやり取りをしているのですが、 下記の文章をどう理解して良いのか解らず困っています。 * I'll help you to make it sound a little bit more like English. この文章を下記の様に分けて考えました。 ・I'll help you :「私はあなたを手伝います。」 ・to make it ~ : make は使役の意味で「itを~させる為に」 ・a little bit more :「少しばかり多く」 ・sound like English :「英語の様に聞こえる」???(soundはsoundsのスペルミス?) 繋げると、 * I'll help you to make it sounds a little bit more like English. ** 私は、あなたがitを少しばかり多く英語の様に聞こえる手助けをするでしょう。 結局sound like Englishのところの訳で良く解らないことになっていると思うのですが、 分け方がおかしいのでしょうか? itの指す内容はこの文章内ではなく、文脈上の内容を指していると考えて良いのでしょうか? 教えて下さい。

• 【英語】添削お願いします テーマ:暇なとき

When I'm free, I usually read books or comics. It's because when I read them, I can feel as if I were in the world of them. For example, when characters fight against enemy in a story, I fight, too. When they feel sad, I feel so. Books and comics take me to various world and they are always exciting and surprising. Also, books and comics tell me many things. When I find that people who have opinions or thoughts which are utterly different from me, they often change my mind. For these reasons, I like reading very much, and it will continue to being the friend of my life. 文法、単語の使い方、文章構成などについて指導お願いします。

• 添削お願いします。

何か大事なことが迫ったり、何事かに追われたりすると、人は遊びたくなるものである。動物の中で意識して遊ぶのは人間だけといわれる。 遊びたくなる自分に思い煩う必要はない。むしろ、遊びたくならなかったら、体や精神のどこかが病んでいるのではないかと心配したほうがいい。 When a serious thing happens or when they are pressed by something , people feel like hanging out. They say that human is the only animal that can hang out consciously. You don't have to be puzzled by yourself , who feel like hanging out. In case you don't feel like hanging out , if anything , you had better worry about yourself being sick.