• ベストアンサー

軽視することを英語で表現すると

「環境問題を軽視すべきでない。環境問題を軽視することが私たちの生活を脅かす」と表現したいのですがこれであっているでしょうか。教えてください。 「We should not make light of an environmental issues. Making light of enviromental issues influences our life.」

• 英語
  • 回答数4
  • ありがとう数4

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • akijake
  • ベストアンサー率43% (431/992)
回答No.2

日本語どおりに訳すとどうも意味がわからない気がするので、 we should not neglect environmental problems. If we do, we could result in damaging our own life. としてはどうでしょうか? または、we could damage our own life by doing so.とかでしょうか? 環境問題の軽視が生活を脅かす、というより「環境問題が生活を脅かすので、軽視してはいけない」と理解すると、 we should not neglect environmental problems. They could threaten our life. とも言えるかと思います。

panda645
質問者

お礼

参考になりました。 ありがとうございます。

その他の回答 (3)

回答No.4

アメリカに37年住んでいる者です。 私なりに書かせてくださいね。 日本語と英語との表現でやはり同じ人間なんだなと思うような表現ってたくさんあります。 その例として、このカテで最近一週間に5回くらい私の回答の中に出てきていると思います。 We should not look at the environmental issues lightly.と言う表現をこの場合使えます。 軽く見ない、と言うことですね。 覚えやすいと思いましたので解答させてもらいました。 これでいかがでしょうか。 分かりにくい点がありましたら、補足質問してください。

panda645
質問者

お礼

回答ありがとうございます。 確かに覚えやすい表現ですね。 >日本語と英語との表現でやはり同じ人間なんだなと思うような表現ってたくさんあります。 そうなんですか?探してみます。

• akijake
  • ベストアンサー率43% (431/992)
回答No.3

NO2です。 すみせん、スペルミスです。 our own livesです。

• v_mullova
  • ベストアンサー率21% (62/285)
回答No.1

下記サイトで「軽視する」を御検索下さい。

参考URL:
http://www.alc.co.jp/
panda645
質問者

お礼

回答ありがとうございます。 辞書の代わりに使いやすそうですね。 これから利用させてもらいます。

関連するQ&A

• 英語で「掃除から環境問題に立ち向かう」とは

洗剤を使わずに掃除・洗濯するというようなプロジェクトをするのですが 「掃除から環境問題に立ち向かう」とスローガンが欲しいのです。 From cleaning to tackle environmental issues これで意味は伝わるでしょうか?

• 英語の文章は間違っていませんか?

元の英語は  "Why are human beings born? We were born here in order to thoroughly savor the joys of life and make others same". ひょんな事から出来るだけシンプルで子供にも分かりやすい文章にと頼まれたのですが、ちょっと自信がありません。 この文章はどうでしょうか? Why are we born? Because we are here to become happy life and make others happy. 何方かヘルプをお願いします。

• when いつ~と訳すか、それとも~する時と訳すか。

Various troubles in social life are often caused by not determing clearly when private information should be revealed and when it should concealed,and so our not making little of our private information is important. 長い文章ですみません>< まずわたしの訳です。 社会生活におけるさまざまな揉め事はしばしば、個人情報を明らかにすべきときや隠すべきときにはっきりと決心しないことでもたらされる、だから個人情報を軽んじないことが大切である。 そして以下が参考書の模範解答です。 社会生活上のさまざまな揉め事は、個人情報をいつ示し隠すべきかを明確に決定しないことによってしばしばもたらされるので、私たちが個人情報を軽視しないことが重要である。 参考書はいつ~と訳しているのですが、 ・いつ~と訳す場合 ・~する時と訳す場合 をどう見分ければよいかわかりません。 同様にwhatも ・何と訳す場合 ・~することと訳す場合 をどう見分ければよいかわかりません。 わかる方いらっしゃいましたら教えて下さい!

• 要約を教えて下さい。

「https://www.ted.com/talks?language=ja」にあるスピーチ、「How to grow a tiny forest anywhere」の全文です。5、6文ほどに要約したいのですが、スピーチの要約する時のポイントがわかりません。 要約のポイントと、どこをまとめれば良いかを教えて下さい。 お願いします。 I'm an industrial engineer. The goal in my life has always been to make more and more products in the least amount of time and resources. While working at Toyota, all I knew was how to make cars until I met Dr. Akira Miyawaki, who came to our factory to make a forest in it in order to make it carbon-neutral. I was so fascinated that I decided to learn this methodology by joining his team as a volunteer. Soon, I started making a forest in the backyard of my own house. These forests, compared to a conventional plantation, grow 10 times faster, they're 30 times more dense, and 100 times more biodiverse. Within two years of having this forest in our backyard, I could observe that the groundwater didn't dry during summers, the number of bird species I spotted in this area doubled. Quality of air became better, and we started harvesting seasonal fruits growing effortlessly right in the backyard of our house. I wanted to make more of these forests. I was so moved by these results that I wanted to make these forests with the same acumen with which we make cars or write software or do any mainstream business, so I founded a company which is an end-to-end service provider to create these native natural forests. But to make afforestation as a mainstream business or an industry, we had to standardize the process of forest-making. So we benchmarked the Toyota Production System known for its quality and efficiency for the process of forest-making. For an example, the core of TPS, Toyota Production System, lies in heijunka, which is making manufacturing of different models of cars on a single assembly line. We replaced these cars with trees, using which now we can make multi-layered forests. These forests utilize 100 percent vertical space. They are so dense that one can't even walk into them. For an example, we can make a 300-tree forest in an area as small as the parking spaces of six cars. In order to reduce cost and our own carbon footprint, we started utilizing local biomass as soil amender and fertilizers. For example, coconut shells crushed in a machine mixed with rice straw, powder of rice husk mixed with organic manure is finally dumped in soil on which our forest is planted. Once planted, we use grass or rice straw to cover the soil so that all the water which goes into irrigation doesn't get evaporated back into the atmosphere. And using these simple improvisations, today we can make a forest for a cost as low as the cost of an iPhone. Today, we are making forests in houses, in schools, even in factories with the corporates. But that's not enough. There is a huge number of people who want to take matters into their own hands. So we let it happen. Today, we are working on an Internet-based platform where we are going to share our methodology on an open source using which anyone and everyone can make their own forest without our physical presence being there, using our methodology. At the click of a button, they can get to know all the native species of their place. By installing a small hardware probe on site, we can do remote soil testing, using which we can give step-by-step instructions on forest-making remotely. Also we can monitor the growth of this forest without being on site. This methodology, I believe, has a potential. By sharing, we can actually bring back our native forests. Now, when you go back home, if you see a barren piece of land, do remember that it can be a potential forest.

• 英作文の文法チェックをお願いします。

文法の間違いなどの指摘をお願いします。 With the increasing of computers, it makes our life more conveniently. However, we should pay more attention to the negative effects on our health with using computer. First of all, watching computer for many hours may weaken our eyesight. Moreover, too much rely on computers is easier to become forgetful. And there is the most important problem that people become overweight, because they are sitting in front of the computer for many hours. In order to improve this situation, we have to relax our eyes and brain every an hour. Besides, we don't use computer unless we need to use it. From the above thing, we should use it reasonably

• 英語の文型について

以下の英文の「主語」「動詞」を教えてください。また、接続詞が含まれている場合はその場所に(接)と記してください。 1)We call the light that we can see coming from the sun white light. 2)To understand why this happened,we need to know why light has different colors. 3)Let’s see what happens when we shine white sunlight at an angle through a pane of glass. 4)What you can’t easily see is that glass slows down and bends some parts of light more than others. 5)That is how Newton got a beautiful rainbow of colors from white light. 6)The entire spectrum of what we call electromagnetic radiation goes beyond visible light in both directions, from very low energy radiation to very high energy radiation. 7)That’s why sunlight can travel through space to the earth. 8)On our chart the weakest (least energetic) radiation is on the left-hand side of the chart, and the strongest is on the right. 9)In a swimming pool, you can see the bottom of the pool because the light passes through the water to the bottom and bounces back up to your eyes. 10)Certain opaque objects, like the mirror in a bathroom,bounce almost all the light back into the air instead of absorbing it. 11)Since most objects do not make light,we are able to see them only when light bounces off them. 12)He discovered that the color of light that hits an object and then bounces off it never changes. 少し多いですがよろしくお願いします……

• 英語の訳です。

such an understanding makes one wonder whether our DNA is the only way to create life. Is it possible that life could exist whitout DNA ? Certainly we have not discovered any forms of non-DNA life on Earth. However ,in different environments on other planets where itis extremely hot or cold , the chemistry may be unimaginable. この英文がいまいち訳せません。どなたかわかりやすい訳を教えてください。お願いします。

• 英語の訳をお願いします

以下の文をお願いします UN*s agencies make it an incredibly complex IGO whose projects cover many different aspects of life and reach every part of the world.

• 英語に訳す事ができない・・・

英語でポスターをかいたのですが、それの説明を英語で書くことが出来ませんでした。どなたか英語にしてください。よろしくお願いします。 内容*** 私達は無洗米についてポスターを書きました。 調べた結果白米はとぎ汁がでるため環境によくない事がわかったからです。 白米を無洗米にするだけの簡単にできる環境対策です。 みなさんもやってみてください。 ・・・・とりあえず自分でもやってみたのですが・・・・ We wrote the poster of a no rinsed rice. The reason for cleaned rice is that a thing not good is understood in the ..entertainment soup.. environment. examine it It is environmental measures only of making cleaned rice a no rinsed rice that can be easily done. Please try everybody.

• When we lose the essence

When we lose the essence of our own life, we jeoparadize all other life in our death throes. この "life”は「命」と訳すべきですか?それとも「人生」ですか?私は「命」だと思うのですが、自信がありません。どうぞ全文の訳もよろしくお願いします。お手数かけて申し訳ありません。