• ベストアンサー

ハンスデンク

benderの回答

• ベストアンサー
  • bender
  • ベストアンサー率45% (108/236)
回答No.1

ハンスデンクという人を知らなかったのですが、英文についていえば、この場合の except は、unless の意味だと思います。実際、ウェブに以下のようにも載っていました(さらに、この文に続く一文があるようですが)。以下の形の文だとヤフー翻訳でもそれなりに訳せるようです。 (http://www.anabaptistnetwork.com/book/print/6) "no one can truly know Christ unless he follows him in life" 私の訳としては、 「人はその生活においてキリストに従って生きるのでなければ、誰も本当の意味でキリストを知ることはできない」 分かりづらいかもしれないので、別の訳を考えるとすると、 「日々キリストに従って(あるいは、ならって)歩んでいるのでない限り、誰もキリストのことを真に知ることはできない」 ハンスデンク(Hans Denck)については、英語ではウェブ上にいろいろな文章がみつかるのですが、以下のブリタニカ百科事典のものが簡潔だと思いました。 http://www.britannica.com/eb/article-9104224 すでにご存知かもしれませんが、この人は、宗教改革の時代に生きたドイツの神学者で(1495-1527)、再洗礼派(Anabaptist)の信仰をもっていた人だそうです。 ところで、この質問は、英語のカテゴリーの方が多くの回答が期待できると思います。 まったく個人的な興味なのですが、差し支えがなかったら、この言葉をどこでご覧になったのかを教えていただけないでしょうか?

mega-max
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます。 英語のほうでもよかったんですが、訳というよりハンスデンクについて知りたかったのでこちらのほうが適切かなと思いました。 この文章ですが、おじいちゃんが持ってたなんか宗教系の難しい本に書いてありました。すこしプライベートでキリストについて調べることがあり参考にしていたところこの文章にたどりついたわけです。英語は苦手でよくわからなかったんで助かりました!

関連するQ&A

• 英文翻訳をお願いします

英文翻訳をお願いします But always know there is more to a woman than her looks in my opinion. If a man gets too caught up on a woman's looks he gets blinded and can never truly see the real woman inside, which makes him and the woman live in a false reality. But once the man and woman truly see eachother for who they are and accept eachothers differences then that's where a true relationship begins, whether it's good or bad.

• 直接話法で疑問文が使われている場合の転換の方法

Can I help him make an apple pie? I wonder を使って書き換えるという問題で I wonder if I can help him make an apple pie.答えは、こうなっています。 Yes/No  で答えられるときは、(do you ~)などifを使いますね。その場合doとかdoesは消えます。 たとえば、Does he know how to shop online?だと I wonder if he knows how to shop on line. Canもyes/noで答えられるのに何故what/whereのようにcanが入るのですか教えてください。

• 英語格言?

「魚を与えれば一日生かすことができるが、魚の捕り方を教えれば一生生かすことができる」 という格言(?)をバシッと英語で言える方、教えてください。 If you feed a man fish, he can live a day. If you teach him how to fish, he can live for his life.みたいな感じになると思うのですが、定型の表現があったら教えてください。

• すごーく長いので、出来たら訳をお願いしたいです

He is an interesting man, but there has been obscurity and misery in his life. He has faced some long and hard past ordeal, or unfavorable circumstances or darkness of spirit has shadowed him and dogged his footsteps. He is stalwart and hardened by the struggle, and a little fatalistic and guided often on his course by his instincts as to what will bring him luck and what wont. He knows what direction he wants to follow in life and struggles against adversities in a dignified way. But he is an unsettled man with a changing unreliable life and a restless determination to rise about him. One who is never at rest or at peace but always on the move. He has a receptive mind, a wild energy and life of much turmoil and contradiction. An ambitious man, but with many impractical dreams, who fools himself into thinking he is capable of achieving more than he can, and so no matter how hard he tries, how successful he is. his goals remain always distant, out of reach or just beyond his capability. He is one of life's takers, not one of life's givers. He takes what's given for granted and exploits it in any way he can, to get further gains. To heap up favours or wealth, a grasping nature, that when given something, extracts more, but gives little or nothing back. He ceases opportunities where he can. Lives by his wits exploits his own reserves, but fails to learn from his bad luck and failures. すみません。やはり長すぎますね・・

• 英語の和訳

No sooner had I come into contact with him than I determined to get to know him well. Never in my life have I been so strongly and immediately attracted to any man,before or since. この文を和訳していただきたいです。 自信がない方は回答を遠慮してください

• besides とexceptの違い

He has no firends besides me. は、He has no friends except me.とは言えないのですか? besidesとexceptの違いをずっと考えてるんですがどうも混乱しています。 私はこの場合、exceptが頭に浮かんでしまいました。 それと What else can I do besides talk?はbesidesをexceptに置き換えられないのですか?置き換えたらtalkすらも出来なくなるという意味になってしまいますか? 混乱するのはbesidesが疑問や否定文で使われているときです。

• 英文の翻訳

以下の翻訳をお願いします One who travels hopefully in life knows where he wants to be and what he wants to do, but quite never arrives. Yet the pursuit of things may bring him more pleasure than would the victory. He will enjoy a wide experience of life, the highs and the lows, the wealth and the poverty, life riches tapestry of experience but he has not realized that it is the journey for him that counts, not the success or failure at the end of it. He is free with his gains, and can be lavish and prodigal, can throw himself totally into everything he becomes involved He is not extreme so much as whole hearted in things, he has no moderation. He is irascible, yet kind. He gives advice and wisdom and the benefit of his experience to those who are more expert or aught to know better than him. He has a kind of shrewd cleverness, A good judge of things as they are. And an intuitive knowledge of how to manipulate things to his own advantage in life.

• 以下の英文の和訳を教えてください。

以下の英文の和訳を教えてください。 Once we truly know that life is difficult-once we truly understand and accept it-then life is no longer difficult.Because once it is accepted,the fact that life is difficult no longer matters.

• 訳せない・・・

Oh!He was a hard,clever,mean old man,Scrooge was! There was nothing warm or open about him. He lived a secetive,lonely life,and took no interest in other people at all. It was just what he wanted. He liked being on the edge of people's busy lives,while warning everyone to keep away from him. A Christmas Carolのここの部分だけ訳せません。 教えてください!! よろしくおねがいします・・・。

• 「man=人」として使用するときの冠詞

「man=人」として使用するときを調べてみたら次のような文が出てきました。 It doesn't follow that a man is great because he knows many things. It may be said that a man is known by the company he keeps. No man is so old but he can learn. Be a man ever so rich, he must not be idle. A man is worthy of respect not because he is rich but because he has wisdom. Far more important is the fact that man can speak and write. 「man=人」としてmanを使う場合に冠詞をつけたりつけなかったりして使い方が分かりません。 あとついでに教えていただきたいのですが、 最近は性差別の問題から「man=人」を使うのを避ける傾向があると聞いたことがあるのですが、 manであればそのmanを代名詞heで受けられますが、 man以外の単語を使った場合、何と言う代名詞で受けるのでしょうか。