クラシックレコード産業の将来とDVDの成長について

このQ&Aのポイント
  • クラシックレコード産業は、現状のまま続くと予想されます。
  • DVD-Audioには将来性があり、サラウンドサウンドや1枚のDVDに10時間の音楽を収録するなど、新たな技術は売上を生み出す潜在能力を持たなければなりません。
  • 質問1: クラシックレコード産業は現状のまま続く可能性がありますか? 質問2: DVD-Audioはどのような将来性がありますか?
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

この文の中で、2つ質問があります。

この文の中で、2つ質問があります。 The classical record industry, I believe, will continue more or less the way it is now. I don't see a big upturn unless someone has a grand new idea. There will be some growth in the area of DVD. DVD-Audio also has a future ―― be it surround sound or ten hours of music on one DVD ―― so any new technologies will have to prove they have that kind of potential for generating sales. ■…the way it is now. の部分は、クラシックレコード産業が「今のような状態のまま」続くだろう、という解釈でいいんでしょうか。(個人的には、後のThere will be… からは、DVDは成長するだろうということが書いてあるみたいなので、「今のまま続く」でよいのかよくわかりません。) ■ be it surround… の部分の文法がよくわかりません。beが先に出ているのはなぜでしょうか。また、このハイフンを含んだ文は、文意としてはどういう意味なのでしょうか。 この2点、教えていただければありがたいです。

• 英語
  • 回答数3
  • ありがとう数2

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • tjhiroko
  • ベストアンサー率52% (2281/4352)
回答No.3

何度も失礼いたしますが、ご質問の前半部分について書かせていただきます。 「誰かがものすごいアイデアでも考えつかない限りは、大きく好転することはなさそうだ」と書いてますので、「今のような状態のまま続く」という解釈でいいのではないかと思います。 「その中でもDVDの分野に関しては期待が持てそうだ」と文を続けていますが、文章の成り行きとしてはそれほど矛盾してもいないのではないでしょうか。

ivegotalover
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます。 確かに、よく考えてみると特に矛盾はなさそうでした。 be itについては、be it true or notという表現は習ったことを思い出しました。しかし、こういう慣用句的な使い方の他に、be it A or Bのように汎用的に使えるとは知りませんでした。

その他の回答 (2)

• tjhiroko
回答No.2

#1ですが、失礼しました、間違えました! http://homepage3.nifty.com/transjaws/qa28.htm ここのQ693Aー2をとりあえずご覧ください。 先ほどご紹介したページでは用が足りませんでしたね。

• tjhiroko
回答No.1

とりあえず2つめの質問についてです。 be it surround...の部分についてですが、これはifが省略された仮定法で、倒置を起こしているんですね。 こちらをご覧ください。 http://www4.ocn.ne.jp/~cozy-opi/englishgrammar3.html ここでの説明をお読みになるとおわかりになると思います。 で、この文の意味ですが、「DVDオーディオも将来性があるだろう。サラウンドサウンドであるとか、1枚のDVDに10時間分の音楽が入るのなら。このように、いかなる新技術も、売れ筋を作り出すことに対してこのような可能性があるんだということを証明していかなくてはならないだろう」 くらいではないかと思います。

関連するQ&A

• 魯迅の故郷の一文

魯迅の「故郷」の中の一文で 「希望は本来、有というものでもなく、無というものでもない。これこそ地上の道のように、初めから道があるのではないが、歩く人が多くなると初めて道が出来る」という意味の文章がありますが、 これを英訳するとどのような文章になっていくのでしょうか? ちなみに恥ずかしながら、自分で考えたのは下記になります。 It cannot be said that it is, and cannot say it not is with hope. It's like a terrestrial way. Although there is originally no way on the ground, it will become a way if there are many people who walk.

• 英語について質問

the United Nations tells us the world population is about 6 billion at resent and that one-fith of it doesn't have safe drinking water . この文でone-fifthの前のthatは省略できないと習いましたが、なぜでしょうか? will there be enough water? でなぜbeなのでしょうか? will is there enough water?じゃだめなのでしょうか?

• 翻訳をお願いいたします

以下の英文を和訳していただけるかたに。 お願いできますでしょうか。 どうぞよろしくお願いいたします。 A traditional church wedding may be had in the best way, but may not be easily afforded, but there will be the makings of a good ceremony, a high ceremony that is planned hastily but with some trimmings of a better wedding, something is made of it ceremonially. There may be money troubles or debts in the early part of marriage. Tradition has it that Saturn in Aries, means A mature minded or older partner, but one who has a touch of jealousy in his character.

• 次の文で質問なのですが...

Mate is a beverage found in much of South America. While it is uncertain where mate was first made there are more varieties of it found in Paraguay than anywhere else. Also, mate is used more widely there than anywhere else. Also, mate is used more widely there than anywhere else. Therefore, Paragua is likely tehe place where mate originated. という文があるとして、 Typically, the longer a beverage has been in use in a particular place, the more widely that beverage is used there. という文が結論をさらに強めるらしいんですがなぜでしょうか。 別に長く使われていたからと言って、そこでつくられたとは限らないのではないですか? また違う文ですが、 The amphibian species whose population declines have been attributed by many scientists to industrial pollution are not known to be among those species whose populations do not vary greatly as a result of natural variations in the weather. の意味がちょっとわかりづらかったです...よろしければ訳をいただけますか?

• 可能性の程度

Has he arrived there by now? He will have arrived there by now 返答のwillは100パーセントに近いと文法書で読んだことがあります。 I thinkを加えるとwillを若干弱くするとも読みました。 I think He will have arrived there by now とすると8~9割くらいの可能性になるのでしょうか? またI thinkは理由なども同時に述べる時に使うとも習ったのですが、 この場合I think He will have arrived there by nowの後に because he is punctual person などを普通つけたりするのですか?

• 和訳をお願いいたします!分からない文のみを抜粋しているので、内容がちぐ

和訳をお願いいたします!分からない文のみを抜粋しているので、内容がちぐはぐしているかもしれないのですが、宜しくお願いします。 We have been busy with preparing for a new chip that we will receive today. After that we will be very busy validating our new chip. Actually I have asked my team to come to work this weekend. At first I didn't know there was a public holiday on Monday. Maybe that's why they were a bit angry at me? Or at least unhappy. But much worse ... I think I might have made you unhappy as well because I need to work this weekend. Actually there is another holiday in August ... 3 days + weekend I think, some of those days we will work as well :( Right now we have a busy period because we received new chip and towards the end of August it will also be busy because then we need give a release to our customer. Please don't think I don't want to see you, ok? 宜しくお願いします。

• 助動詞の問題です。

(1)それは黙っておいたほうがいいですよ。 You may ( ) ( ) leave it ( ). (2)彼女は昔よりずっとスリムだ。 She is much thinner ( ) she ( ) ( ) ( ). (3)がんばってみたが、どうしてもエンジンがかからなかった。 I tried very hard, but the engine ( ) ( ) start. (4)彼は約束を守る男だ。途中で事故にあったのかもしれない。 He is a man of ( ) ( ). He ( ) ( ) ( ) with an accident on the way. (5)私はメアリーはバスに乗り遅れたのかもしれないと思った。そうでなければ彼女はもう来ているはずだ。 ( ) occurred to me ( ) Mary ( ) ( ) ( ) the bus, ( ) she ( ) be here by now. 次の文に誤りがあれば直してください。 (6)He has to be an old man, because he was born in 1901. この問題を解いてみると、 (1)You may (as ) (well ) leave it (there ). (2)She is much thinner (than ) she (used ) (to ) (be ). (3)I tried very hard, but the engine (would ) (not ) start. (4)He is a man of (honest ) (stamp ). He (might ) (have ) (met ) with an accident on the way. (5)(It ) occurred to me (that ) Mary (might ) (have ) (missed ) the bus, (otherwise ) she (must ) be here by now. (6)have to→must 間違っているところがあったら教えていただけませんか。 できれば、間違っているところを訂正していただけると助かります。

• 和訳をお願いいたします

英文の和訳をしていただけるかた のみで、お願いできますでしょうか? 1段落の前半部分になります。 どうぞよろしくお願いいたします。 Now let’s see what Jupiter has to offer. Jupiter was in Leo at your birth. It means you will have a large lavish wedding. You will marry a man of class who is much admired by others and has a prestigious position. A marriage that may be considered above you. So that you gain in status by it. He will also have a strong constitution. He has a need to appreciated to be seen to be of good reputation and well thought of. This sign usually makes a person is well educated, and well read. He may have the same name as a Royal Priest or ruling religious person.

• 訳と文構造を教えて欲しいです。

訳を聞きたいです。 よく分かっていないので易しく教えて欲しいです。 (1)I suppose one trouble with Darwinism is that, as Jacques Monod perceptively remarked, everybody thinks he understands it. 私は進化論の一つの問題は、ジャック・モノの言うように、みんなが彼がそれを理解すると思うことだと思う。 この訳はどうでしょうか? もっと分かりやすい訳を教えて欲しいです。 (2)It is, indeed, a remarkably simple theory, childishly so, one would have thought, in comparison with almost all of physical and mathmatics. 区切りが多くて分からないんですが、順番を変えると one would have thought a remarkably simple theory.ということでしょうか? どうして主語が後ろのほうに行って、soは中途半端な位置にあるのでしょうか? It is はどことつながっているんでしょうか? 難しくて分かりません。 (3)It amounts simply to the idea that non-random reproduction, where there is hareditary variation, has consequences that are far-reaching if there is time for them to be cumulative. 文の構造が知りたいんですが It amounts simply to the idea(non-random reproduction, where there is hareditary variation) has consequences(Itの動詞部分と目的語) (目的語を修飾する文章)are far-reaching if there is time for them to be cumulative という感じでいいんでしょうか? 自信がないんですが・・。 長くなりましたが、おねがいします。

• 翻訳希望します

翻訳をお願いします 長文ですので、途中まででもいいです よろしくお願いします If you were to marry or live with this man, the aspect Show you would live in a traditional house, that is old, and has a lot of dark wood work, and lamps. It will have a light outside the door. It may be an apartment or all on one level, but in the other half of the building, or in a building not far away there would be close relative of his. This would be due to financial arrangements, but the relative would not always be there would come back and forth between this house and a place of study in another town or city. The house would be close to new houses that will have been built in the same style as to look like the old or original one that you and he will occupy. It will be a nice house but cold, needs a lot of heating. Yet this house for both of you would not be a first choice or ideal choice, you would both have some misgivings and doubts about it, but your happiness there would improve with time. This is a slow aspect so I rather think that things will remain as they are between you for a long time, the relationship will seem to get colder, and warmer, but it will continue Times when he is hardly there, times when he is always there, these things will fluctuate, so will your emotions and feelings about the future, and the things you really want from this relationship.