• ベストアンサー

会話文作り。

次にあげる文が返答となる文を作れという問題があって、解こうとしたのですが意味がわからないものがあったので翻訳お願いします。 元の文は自分でなんとか作ってみますので、お願いします。 1. Not this time, thanks. Not this timeって・・・?「今はダメ」ってこと? 2. No, but thank you anyway. 「どうであれありがとう」?日本語としておかしいですよね。 3. That's very nice of you, but~. 「キミには良いけど~」でしょうか。だとしたらなんだか元の文が作りにくいですし。 4. Suppose we ~(give an idea). 意味不明です。 5. I'll tell you what, we'll ~(do something). whatで終わるってどういうこと? 6. I'll tell you what, we should ~(do something). 同上。

• 英語
  • 回答数5
  • ありがとう数4

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
回答No.5

アメリカに37年住んでいる者です。 私なりに書かせてくださいね。 どういう日本語の訳にしたらヒントになるか私もやってみますね。 1. Not this time, thanks. Not this timeって・・・?「今はダメ」ってこと? そうですね、「今はダメ」と言う事なんですが、サンキュウがありますので、「今は結構です」と言う事になります。 2. No, but thank you anyway. 「どうであれありがとう」?日本語としておかしいですよね。 日本語としてはおかしいかもしれませんがフィーリングは出ているんじゃないかな。 この表現は、相手が頼んだ・聞いた事が100%やれない・わからないと言う状況でも、いくらから答える・やろうとしてくれるのは分かるけど相手がやっぱり分からないや、出来ないや、と諦めたり謝ったりした時に、その人の気持ちだけでもうれしいです、と言うフィーリングを出した表現なんですね。 3. That's very nice of you, but~. 「キミには良いけど~」でしょうか。だとしたらなんだか元の文が作りにくいですし。 これは、That's very nice of you (to say that/to offer that/try it for me)の括弧の中が省略されている表現なので、そういってくれるのは、やろうとしてくれているのは、うれしいけど、と言うフィーリングで、You are very nice (to say that/......)と同じ事で、そう言う返答がでるせりふを考えれば良いですね。 4. Suppose we ~(give an idea). 意味不明です。 Supposeという動詞がまえに来ると、命令形ではなく、give an ideaと言う事は~の部分が何かアイデアが入ってくると言うことなので、この答えの例文としては、Suppose we go to a Japanese restaurant today.と言う文が出来るわけです。これで「日本食に行くなんていうのはどう?」という「こういうアイデアがあるけどどう?」と逆に聞いているときとか、「こう考えたら?」Suppose we were both 90 years old. と仮定法的表現にも使えます。 つまり、相手が尋ねていることに対し、ある例を持ってきて提案したり、答えを促したりするときに使う表現なわけですね。 5. I'll tell you what, we'll ~(do something). whatで終わるってどういうこと? I'll tell you what.と言う表現は、慣用句的なな表現で、俺が考えている事(これがwhatに値する事)を言うと、と言う感じで、日本語直すと、じゃこうしようよ、と自分の考えやサジェスチョンを言うときに使う表現なんですね。 I'll tell you what, we'll go to a Japanese restaurant today. じゃこうしようよ、今日は日本食に行く事にしよう。do somethingの部分はgo to a Japanese restaurant today.になります。 6. I'll tell you what, we should ~(do something). willがshouldに変わって「こうするべきだ」と上よりもちょっと強いサジェスチョンになります。 I'll tell you what, we should forget about going to a Japanese restaurant and (should) go home today, maybe we can go next next week. じゃこうしよう、今日のところは日本食は諦めて(お互いの・二人の)家に帰ろう、来週行けば良いさ。 これでヒントになりましたでしょうか。 分かりにくい点がありましたら、補足質問してください。 

ishikawaken
質問者

お礼

詳細な回答ありがとうございます!大変参考になりました。これですっきりしました。なんとか解けそうです。 本当に助かりました。 私ももっと精進していきたいと思います。

その他の回答 (4)

• Kumap888
  • ベストアンサー率43% (39/90)
回答No.4

4について。答え例になっちゃいますけど、 「どうしてあきれてるの?」 「ぼくらがきみの立場だったとする。だとしたら君がなんで平気でいられるのかわからないよ」 みたいな会話なのかなあ。()内のgive an ideaってどういう意味? "Suppose we are where you stand. Then we cannot understand why you are so calm."

ishikawaken
質問者

補足

それが、わからないんですよ・・・。プリントにそう書いてありました。何の説明も無かったので、ホントに困ってます。 何はともあれ、ありがとうございました!

• hatz1004
  • ベストアンサー率45% (9/20)
回答No.3

4のSuppose weはIf weということです。

ishikawaken
質問者

お礼

なるほどです。 どうもありがとうございました!

• miyuham
  • ベストアンサー率30% (4/13)
回答No.2

自信ないですけど、私の思うのでは。。。1は、今回はいいよ。ありがとう。2は、口語でよく使った気がします。日本語ではおかしいけど、例えば相手に何かを尋ねるとします。でも、相手も分からなくてそのときにいいよ。ありがとうって日本語ではいいますよね?そんな感じです。5,6はwhat以下の文をI'll tell youってことだと思います。

ishikawaken
質問者

お礼

期待していた以上にすばやく回答してくださいまして、どうもありがとうございました。

• Kumap888
  • ベストアンサー率43% (39/90)
回答No.1

1.「今はいらないよ」かもしれないですが。 2.「いや、いらない。でも、どうもありがとう」 ぐらい。 3.「どうもありがとうございます、でも~」 4.「もし我々が~~としたら」 5.6. 「じゃあこうしよう」とか「あのね」ぐらいの意味。

ishikawaken
質問者

補足

すばやい回答ありがとうございます。 そうすると、どうしても4.の元の文が思いつきません。日本語でも結構ですので何かヒントをいただけませんか?

関連するQ&A

• 会話文

A:What do you say to having something to eat? B:Are you already hungry? A:Actually,Iam.Aren't you? B:(    ) But I woudn't mind having something light. (1)Not very (2)Yes,I'm full now. (3)Yes,a litle たぶん(1)が答えだと思うんですけど、(2)が消せないです。 回答お願いします。

• 疑問文のknowとsupposeの違いについて

「パーティが何時に始まるかわかりますか」の文で What time do you know the party will begin ア がダメで What time do you suppose the party will begin イ がなぜいいのか わかりません。しかもdo you know は文頭に置いて Do you know what time ~ならば可能であると聞いてなおさら わからなくなりました。 もちろんDo you know~で尋ねるとYes/Noで答え、What time ~ ならば時間で答えるのはわかっています。knowが文頭に来るならsupposeもいいようにしか思えないです。有識者の方ぜひとも詳しい解説をお願いします!。

• 英語会話文

いつもお世話になっています。 いくつか疑問に思ったので教えてください。 ( )に適切な語をあとから選ぶ。 (1) Man: Hello, this is Brown's Bank. Woman: I'd like to talk to Mr.Frank Smith, Please. Man: ( ) What can I do for you. 1.Speaking 2.Yes, I do. 3.just fine. 4.No,it's mine. 私はjust fineにしたのですが、答えはどうしてSpeakingなのでしょうか。 (2) A:There cookies look delicious.Can I have some? B: Sure,Linda. ( ) I've just made them. 1.I'm not sure 2. I'll take it. 4.A lot better,thanks. 私は4にしたのですが、どうして3なのでしょうか。 (3)A: I'm going to order the salmon steak. How about you? B: ( ) It sounds good. 1.You can tell me. 2.I'll have the same. 3.You can do it. 4. I hope so. 私は4にしたのですがどうして2なのでしょうか。 宜しくお願いいたします。

• 会話の応答文の答えを教えて下さい。

Mr. A : I don't think we'll make it on time. Ms. A : That's why I said we should leave earlier. Mr. A : I know, I know, but ( ) ( )内に入る適切なものを答えなさい。 1. don't you remember I was the one who insisted on leaving home earlier? 2. if we are late for the concert, it'll be your fault. 3. the problem is that we didn't expect anything like this. 4. why are the roads so crowded at this time of a weekday? 1,2がおかしいのはわかるのですが、3ではいけないでしょうか? 答えは4になっています。

• 会話文をどうしても訳すことが出来ず困っています。

ピーターさん「So, Chad, look, is this more than just simply about people uploading videos of themselves making idiots of themselves at parties or is something really quite profound going on here, about people engaging the world in a new way?」 チャドさん「Yeah, I know, it's- it's changing the world because it's giving everyone a voice. Um, and we've been able to be successful because we've built a platform to make that possible. And we weren't filtering, uh, you know, what was entertaining, uh, for our audience. We let our audience define what was entertaining to them. So, by having a platform where videos can come in, by them viewing/interacting with these videos, they'll rise to the top.」 ピーターさん「Now one of the people we couldn't put on the panel today just for numbers was Jimmy Wales who's here, Jimmy are you in the hall? No, well Jimmy, uh, started something called Wikipedia. Um, and now here's something that, you know, I'm an old Britannica junkie. I still have my 1974 edition Macropedia, Micropedia in the basement and I still love it. But my son, he doesn't know from Macropedia, Britannica, it's Wikipedia. Now I use Wikipedia all the time. Wikipedia's changing the world. It's the universal distribution of knowledge accessible to everybody from the bottom up. But it's an instantaneously, constantly created source of knowledge. So I'm speaking here for Jimmy, but I seem to think that this is another dimension of this when you say voice. And it's the voice of knowledge and the distribution of knowledge enabling people to do new things.」 この三つの会話文がどうしても理解できず,困っています。 誰かこれ読める方いらっしゃいましたらお教えくださいませ(m。_。)m

• わかりません( ; ; )

I tell you what we should do このままきたのですが、これは疑問文なんでしょうか??

• 和訳を教えて下さい。(会話文です。)

和訳を教えて下さい。(会話文です。) <At the sushi bar> Chef:Irasshai! Susan:What are you going to have? Peter:I'm not sure. Don't forget that this is my first time. Chef:I recommend that you start with white fish,because it has a light taste,and gradually move on to stronger tasting fish. Then you could finish with the egg topping. Peter:In that case,I'll start with flatfish,please. Susan:Could you make me something low in calories? Chef:Would you like to try the octopus? Susan:That sounds good.

• 間接疑問文で

普通の間接疑問文(語弊があるかもしれませんが)なら、例えばこんな文章ですよね。 I don't know what this is. ですが、think を使うときはこうならずに Do you think what this is? ではなく What do you think this is? となります。 なぜ、上の文ではなく、下の文になるのか、文法的に解説をお願いします。

• 自然な会話文になるように、添削をお願いします。

Kevin: Hi. Looks like busy, huh? Texting? John: Um... Yeah... K: To whom? J: ... Nobody... K: Hey, hey, it wouldn't happen to be her. Don't tell me you started to text her again. J: ... K: Answer quick. J: Well, I'm just wishing there is a way that... I could have another chance... K: Come on! You just don't understand, do you? If you keep doing this thing, he's gonna show up right in front of you at any minute. What would you do then? Think you can handle it? J: ... Whatever... K: John, I know you had your heart broken badly and I feel really sorry about it. But, look, you two are NEVER getting back together and you know it. You have to face it. Just forget about her and live again. J: Well, that's easy for you to say... K: I'll tell you what. John, there are millions of girls out there waiting for you, I promise. I think it's about time to go out. (the cell ringing) K: It's your date, John. J: What do you mean, "my date"? K: I gave Alice your number. J: You mean you fix me up? K: No, I mean, she's been interested in you for million years, that's all. You know, she sure is a lot of fun to hang out with. I bet you have a good time. Come on! What are you waiting for? Answer it! J: Well... Okay, I'll speak to her. K: Okay! Go for it! John, you are gonna owe me so big for this if you can make it, remember that? よろしくお願いします。

• 会話文の和訳お願いします!

会話文の和訳お願いします! インタビュアー I love the fact that you once described what you do as half technician, half psychologist. デザイナー No question. And I think sometimes family therapist in some cases because you get very involved with the families as you're working um on this huge event. I mean it's a life-altering event. And because of it's not only taught me to become a very fine dressmaker but at the same time it's also taught me a lot about the psychology of women, and about women, and how no matter what background you come from, and you know, what you do, we are all very much connected in that respect and it's about an emotional moment in one's life and hopefully um my ability to tap into that for them. ある女性デザイナーのインタビュー番組です。(ウエディングドレスで有名なデザイナーのようです) 意味がどうしても汲み取れません… 長文ですがよろしくお願いしますm(_ _)m