• ベストアンサー

以下、日本語に合う英文になっているか、添削してください。

Of course I didn’t want to cause any problems to you, but I think I can not die so easy unless I am strong enough to face my death. もちろん、メッセージを遺さない、あなたに負担をかけたくないという思いもどこかにありました。 でも実際、死と対面したとき、よほどの強さがない限り、そんなにいさぎよい死に方はできないと思っています。 It would be ideal of human being, but I am too scared to even imagine to die. 生ある者の理想論だと。 それを貫けるなら格好いいけれど、想像でも私はできませんでした。 After all I still love you. 私はやはりあなたが好きです。 I tried giving up from you, but I could not do. 忘れようと思ったけれど無理みたい。 I would be amazed if you think what a weird letter I sent. こんな変な手紙送って!と思ってくれれば逆に嬉しいわ。 I want to impose many burdens to you while I am alive. 生きているうちにもっと負担をあなたにかけたい。 I want to be more selfish. もっとわがままになりたい。 I want to rely on you more. あなたにもっと頼りたい。 You would be disgusted with me, but I want you to be. あなたを呆れさせても、そうしたい。 It’s because I would be nothing if I die. 死んでしまったら終わりだと思っているから。 Wish I could live longer. 生きてこそ。   At the end, Thank you for being patient with my poor letter. こんな手紙を読んでくれてありがとう。 However, it would remain you to think that I am stupid helpless girl better than a good girl. でもどうしようもない「お馬鹿さん」の方があなたの心に残ると思ったので。 I want to close this dramatize letter here. そんな演出でメッセージを締めくくります。

noname#8538
noname#8538
  • 英語
  • 回答数4
  • ありがとう数4

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • Shimo-py
  • ベストアンサー率61% (170/275)
回答No.4

すみません。 参考文として出したのが、途中で切れてました。 ... you could not choose an ideal death. となります。 ちなみにこの you は「あなた」という意味ではなく、「死を前にすれば、理想の死なんて選べないものなんです」という、一般論ふうにした書き方です。

noname#8538
質問者

お礼

youをそんなふうに訳すことがあるなんて、驚きました。 ご回答ありがとうございました。

noname#8538
質問者

補足

上記文章の文頭、「もちろん~」の前につけたい文章があり、以下のようにしてみましたが、いかがでしょうか。 字数制限で書き込めなかったものです。 こちらについても添削いただけると助かります。 よろしくお願い致します。 I realized how the God would always give me a hand in wherever I go, whatever I do from the book “Kami tono taiwa”. 「神との対話」で、神様が私がどこにいようと、何をしようと常に手を差し伸べてくださるということを知りました。 Then I would never forget you would be there for me like the God. あなたさえも私の為に神と同じ考えでいて下さっていることを決して忘れません。

その他の回答 (3)

• Shimo-py
  • ベストアンサー率61% (170/275)
回答No.3

◆第一文: 「メッセージを遺さない」という部分が英文に反映されていません。 unless I am strong enough は良いですが、それに to face my death をつなげると、日本文とは違う意味になります。それから I think I can not よりは I don't think I can とするのが英語の作法です。 ◆第二文: 文の流れ上、最初の it が何を指すのか分かりません。to even imagine to die は通じない。 ◆結論から言うと、第一文と第二文は全く書き直さなければなりません。  日本語と英語は、長くなればなるほど、一対一で訳すことは不可能に近くなります。特に日→英の変換が大変なのですが、それは論理構造が全く違うからです。(日本語は明治以来、欧米語に対応できるよう整備されているので英→日の変換は比較的問題が小さいのですが、自然なままの日本語の状態を英語に直すことは、プロが見ても至難の業なのです。) ◆日本語は、余韻を含めて伝えることを好みますが、これを英語に反映させることはほぼ不可能です。英語で伝える以上、英語の論理関係に合わせるしかありませんね。しかし我々は日本人である以上、日本語でモノを考えます。そこで、よりよいメッセージを残すには、一文一文を忠実に英語に直していくという方法よりも、複数の日本文のもつメッセージを複数の英文(同数でなくてよい)に訳すやり方にしていくしか、方法はないと思います……が、いかがでしょう? ◆第一文・第二文の内容に込められたあなたの思いを忖度して、次のような文をつくってみましたが、私の能力の範囲だと、どうしてもあなたの意図に添わない改変も生まれてしまいます。あくまで参考例としてご覧いただければと思います。 参考例: Of course it would be an ideal if I could die without leaving any message after me. I didn't want to be a burden to you. But it is far from possible for me to accept my death in such a way. Looking death in the eye, you could not choose その日本語訳: 「もちろんメッセージを何ひとつ残さずに私が死ねるなら、たしかに理想なのかもしれません。私はあなたに負担をかけたくなかった。でも、そのような死に方を受け入れることは、私にはとても出来ません。死を前にした者に言わせれば、理想の死なんて選べません。」 最後の英文は、looking death in the eye 「死を間近に控えて;死に直面して」というのは決まった言い方です(もちろん他にも言い方がありますが)。 ◆とりあえず、こんなチェックの仕方でよいかどうか分からないけど、回答させていただきました。明日一日忙しく、パソコンを見ることも出来ませんが、こんな感じのチェックでもよい、ということであれば、また後のほうも、追って、検討してみることにします。

noname#8538
質問者

お礼

いろいろな意味で、なるほどなぁと思いました。 >こんな感じのチェックでもよい、ということであれば、また後のほうも、追って、検討してみることにします。 是非よろしくお願い致します。 ご回答ありがとうございました。

noname#8538
質問者

補足

いったん締め切らせていただき、再び英語カテゴリにて相談させていただくことにしました。 目に留めていただけましたら、ぜひご回答お願い致します。 当方、どうしてもメッセージを12月9日までに仕上げたく思っております。 体調不良にて焦っているのかもしれませんが、ぜひよろしくお願いいたします。

回答No.2

ごめんなさい。 日本語の合う英文を作成したかったのですね。 勘違いして、逆の発言をしてしまいました。

noname#8538
質問者

お礼

お気になさらずに。 わざわざありがとうございます。

回答No.1

<1番目>  not ~ any ~ to you は一切あなたに~したくない の感じで訳された方がよいのでは。   一切あなたに問題を引き起こしたくない  すなわち  「一切あなたにご迷惑(負担)をかけたくない」   訳し方において、主語の「私」がいなので、1度は入れた方がよい のではないでしょうか。この文章を書いた人が自分の考えを述べているようにとれますが、いかがでしょう。   私は、死に直面したときにびくともしないほど、強くはないので、そんなに簡単には死ぬことができるとは思いません。 <2番目>  ~ too ~ to の文です。~すぎて~できない。    それは、人間の理想だろうとけれども、  私は、こわくて死ぬことを想像することさえできません。     I am scared. で 私、こわい。 <3番目>  still も訳されたら、いかがでしょうか。 <5番目>  would be B if A  A だったら、B のようでしょう。    「びっくりするでしょう」の方があっているような気しますがいかがでしょう。 <disgustedの文>    あなたに愛想をつかされるとしても、私はあなたにそうなって欲しい。 <At the end の文> At the end も訳に意識的にいれてはいかがですか。  最後まで

noname#8538
質問者

お礼

参考になりました。 ご回答ありがとうございました。

関連するQ&A

• 英会話教室で翻訳してもらったものですが、日本語に沿う英文になっているでしょうか。

「神との対話」で、神様が私がどこにいようと、何をしようと常に手を差し伸べてくださるということを知りました。 あなたさえも私の為に神と同じ考えでいて下さっていることを決して忘れません。 こんな文章を遺しやがって!と思ってくれればしめたものね。 生きているうちにあなたにもっと負担をかけたい。 もっとわがままでいたい。 もっとあなたを頼りたい。 あなたを呆れさせても、そうしたい。 死んでしまったら終わりだと思っているから。 生きてこそ、と。 こんな手紙を読んでくれてありがとう。 どうしようもない「お馬鹿さん」の方があなたの心に残ると思ったので、そんな演出でメッセージを終えたいと思います。 I realized how the God would always give me a hand in wherever I go, whatever I do from the book “Kami tono taiwa”. Then I would never forget you would be there for me like the God. I would be amazed if you think what a weird letter I sent. I want to impose many burdens to you while I am alive. I want to be more selfish. I want to rely on you more. You would be disgusted with me, but I want you to be. It’s because I would be nothing if I die. Wish I could live longer. At the end, Thank you for being patient with my poor letter. However, it would remain you to think that I am stupid helpless girl better than a good girl. I want to close this dramatize letter here.

• 私にとって難しいのですが、続けなければと思っています。今日も添削をお願いします。

Hi, Everyone, as I said yesterday I played golf. Next time I come here, I will write about it. Today, I will write about my feeling. 今日も、よろしくお願いいたします。 Hi, My Crystal! As you know, I want to learn and I want to speak English when I get a chance to go to US someday. Everyday I say it to me in my heart. What do you think about my dream? These days I am feeling it is so hard to me. Of course, when I see you I do to do my best. And I am thinking I want to see you everyday. When I am with you, I speak only English. I can’t speak well, but I feel comfortable to talk with you. Crystal, what do you think about my English? Did you get my feeling in English? I hope you get my feeling. Well, I have to clean up my room. I want to be with you more and more. But I say to you “Ciao for now, My Little Sweet crystal!”

• 英文の添削お願いします!!

文法的におかしなところや、スペース、ここは大文字(小文字)だってところなど、チェックをお願いします!!(ひとかたまりが1文です)間違いなさそうだったら、OKだと入れてくださるのも非常に助かります!! (1)If I could reach the stars,I would take one for you, and it would shine in your heart forever like my love. (2)Do you remember? The way you hold me. You looked into my eyes and said ‘I love you'. You caressed and said nothing. But it meant more than the chance to hold me and kiss my sweet lips. (3)I'll stand by you forever. (4)Love may be sometimes hard to show. But I love you more than you could ever know. (5)My love for you is as endless as the universe. (6)Our friendship,love,and life together begins today. (7)Our new story begins now with all blessings. We roll up one page. (8)Summer,the fresh air,the fregrant breeze and the flowers under our feet. The blanket of stars is above us. We dream in it … (9)We have love to blind us. We have laughter to unwind us. Because we have fate to find each other. (10)We exchange an eternal promise and bigin to walk. (11)I pledge my self to love,respect and sincerity. (12)I love you from the bottom of my heart. I may not always show it but I do love you.

• 日本語に訳していただけないでしょうか?

長文になりますが、おおまかで構わないので日本語に訳していただけないでしょうか? よろしくお願いいたします。 ………………………… In summer in the year before last, I received a mail from a person. I felt almost was make-up story but various thinks about you were written in it. I understood the contents and replied my promise not to relate with you. However, harassment to me started by your friends, staffs of (店名) and your friends I had never related and it has been continuing until now although it becomes not so often as before. Even some of my friends were harassed only because being with me. (店名) is your working place and a place for your friends to gather. I guess they hope me not to relate with you. Because I had been told about you sometimes, I had a complicated feeling when I received your message via facebook. I thought that I would select my human relation and it would be possible for me to be a friend with you but I can not be free from the wavering of my decision to relate with you as a friend if I visit (店名). I have to keep promise with your friends.... I do not know why your friends still stick to me. Because I have no relation with you now. I also have no relation with anyone who might have close relation with you. I do not know you have any engagement to such continuous sticking to me but I think it is a matter of mind of these people not of yours or mine. I am thankful to you for calling me your friend. However, considering my current position, I think that it would be difficult to be your friend. If you have good human relation now, I think that there would be no reason for you to keep on staying as my friend beyond it. What do you think about it? Please do not misunderstand. I do not take you into my confidence to hurt you. I want to tell you only why I have avoided you. If we have fate, we might be able to relate as ordinary friend.

• 日本語に翻訳願います!

どなたか下記の英文を日本語訳して頂けないでしょうか? よろしくお願いしますm(_ _)m (1) I think more and more how I long to be with only you, All the things I had dreamed oh doing before settling down now seem empty if I can't share them with you. (2) I fear we are going to fast but I find myself wishing things could go faster so I can hold you in my arms. (3) and to know you as intricately as you know yourself.

• この英文がうまく訳せません。

この英文がうまく訳せません。 I am hoping that my next girlfriend will be my wife, so I will think about it some more as I think you would be a good wife and mother:) ある小説の一文です。 次の恋人が私の奥さんになることを願っている。だから私はあなたが良い妻、良い奥さんになるだろうと思うことを考える・・・?という感じでしょうか??? about itが指すものが前のセンテンスなのかasから後ろなのか・・・良く分かりません。 よろしくお願いいたします。

• 英文を添削お願いできますか?

大学でアカデミックライティングを勉強しているものです。下記の英訳の添削お願いできませんか?「そんな年齢である」をうまく表現できませんでした。講評・添削よろしくお願いします。 今の私は45歳。「怖いもの知らず」ではもはやなく、「怖いものなし」の境地にはまだ程遠い。ちょっとした知識でも陶酔を得ることができた若いころとは逆に、学べば学ぶほど「自分がいかにわずかのことしか知らないか、自分がいかに無知か」ということを思い知らされるようになる、そんな年齢である。 Now I am 45-years-old, no longer stupidly being proud as if I know everything, but taking a step to the real knowledge of universe in too long and thorny path. Contrary to my youth, when a little bit of intelligence would have satisfied me, the more I learn the world, the more I cannot avoid realizing my woeful lack of knowledge. I, 45-years-old, am confused so.

• 英文の添削をお願いします。

ファンレター用の英文を自分で書いたのですが、文章を見てやってください。 Dear Jude Law Hello. How are you? My name is XX, from Japan. I think I like you after seeing the movie “Sherlock Holmes.”I saw you for the first time in “My Blueberry Nights.” but It was only then that I became a fan of you. Since then, I watching your works. But I still haven't watched lost. Now, I am watching little by little. 「シャーロック・ホームズ」を見てから、あなたが気になっています。私が始めてあなたを見たのは 「マイ・ブルーベリー・ナイツ」ですけれど、ファンになったのはそのときです。それ以来、あなたの作品を見ています。けれどまだたくさんは見ていません。今、少しずつ見ている最中です。 I especially like movie is “Sherlock Holmes”, “Sleuth” and “Gattaca.” 特に好きな映画は「シャーロック・ホームズ」、「スルース」そして「ガタカ」です。 I had image changed about John Watson. He is very cool, brave and very charmer. ワトソンに関しては、私の持っていたイメージが変わりました。彼はかっこよくて勇敢で、とても魅力的な人です。 Of course I like other works. もちろん、他の作品も好きです。 I am tensed on the characters exchange line and atmosphere surrounding them in “Sleuth” 「スルース」では登場人物のやりとりや彼らを取り巻く雰囲気に緊張します。 “Gattaca” is a thoughtful movie. I think what this environment applicable to real world. So I could sympathy Eugene. But his choices last is painful... It is a work which gives us the feeling of stillness and the pain with like a chest tightened but it's an unbearably attractive and great one at the same time. 「ガタカ」は考えさせられる映画です。この環境は現実世界にも当てはまるように思います。だからユージーンには共感できました。彼の選んだ最後は辛いけれど。寒々しくて胸が締め付けられるような辛さを感じるけれど、たまらなく魅力的で、素晴らしい作品です。 I want to see it just one time your stage but it's not easy. So I wish your good heath and success from faraway Japan. あなたの舞台を一度でいいから見てみたいけれど、そう簡単にはいきません。ですので遠く日本から、あなたの健康と成功を願っております。 Of course I'm look forward to new movie. もちろん新作映画も楽しみにしています。 Last, Could you do me a favor? 最後に我侭をいいでしょうか? Could you please send me your signed autographed photograph? あなたのサイン入りポートレイトを送っていただけませんか? I think it would be greatest it if you would do that. そうしていただけたら、とても光栄です。 I have enclosed a self-addressed envelope. 念のため、私の住所を添えておきます。 Thank you for reading this to the end. 最後まで読んでくださってありがとうございます。 I will be roothing for you. あなたを応援しています。 Please take care of yourself. お体に気をつけて。 以上です。 書いたものの、自信がありません。 ミスや、文章の不自然がありましたら教えてください。

• 日本語に訳して下さい

Hi......how are hope you are well.....I want to ask you something a little weird for me but..my friend needs help on this project she is doing on parenting...an she decided to do it on Japanese parenting....am wondering if you can help me it would be greatly appreciated の長文です。 お願いします!

• 英文の添削お願いします。

Did you get safely this letter? I hope this letter arrive safely at your house. (中略) To made friends with you was a wonderful happening. My English is not good, so I think I have been giving(have given?) you a false impression and have been making(have made?) you feel uncomfortable. but you would keep friends with me. I appreciate it. I am looking forward to meeting with you someday;) 手紙を送りたいと思っています。 内容としては、 ¢手紙無事に受け取りましたか?無事にあなたの家に着く事を祈っています。 今年(中略の部分で“今年”という意味?が含まれています)あなたと友達になれた事は素晴らしい出来事でした。 私の英語が良くないせいで、時には誤解を与えたり、不快にさせてると思います。 それでもあなたは友達で居続けてくれています。それに感謝しています。 いつの日かあなたに会える事を楽しみにしています。£ 特によくわからないのが、“誤解を与えたり不快にさせてる”の部分なのですが、これは完了形を使うのでしょうか?完了進行形?それとも過去形? わからなくて聞いているくせに、出来るだけ自分の文章で送りたいと思っているので(汗)、明らかにおかしな部分があれば直して頂けると幸いです。 またもっと自然な言い方があれば、今後の勉強の為に教えて頂けると嬉しいです。 よろしくお願いします。