• ベストアンサー

breaking all means of politeness←この英文の意味を教えてください。

アメリカにいる友人を結婚式に招待したくてメールをしたところ、返事のにこのような文が含まれていました。 Can I invite a friend also? (since we are breaking all means of politeness). かっこの中の文の意味が良くわかりません。 私からのメールに、「招待状を送る前にメールで来れるかを聞くことが、アメリカでは失礼なことかもしれない。」と書きましたので、そのことについて言っているような気もしますが、良く分かりません。 このfirendは、その友人の婚約者のことです。

• 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数3

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
noname#7963
noname#7963
回答No.2

ところで、友達も呼んでいいかな? (失礼な事をされたから、こちらからも失礼な事をしても構わないよね) と言う冗談として書いていることと思います。 普通招待したいと言う相手から、友達も連れてきて良い?と聞く事はどこでも失礼(常識知らずというか..)になりますよね。 apple-pappleさんが「失礼な事かもしれない」と書いたから、それに反応(便乗と言うか)したコメントですね。 常識では失礼だと分かっているけど、お互い様(笑)と言う意味で、友達を連れてきても良い?と言う感じですね。 ところで、おめでとうございます。

apple-papple
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます。そして、ありがとうございます(笑)確かに友人の性格からしても、冗談として書いていると考えると納得がいきます。今までもこのような冗談はメールに何度かありました。ただ今回は結婚と少し真剣な内容だったために、ちょっと理解するのが難しかったというのが本音です。これで意味がわかりました。もちろん2人とも呼ぶつもりです(^^)

その他の回答 (1)

• kagi2
  • ベストアンサー率20% (8/39)
回答No.1

(私たちが丁寧さの手段をすべて壊しているので)ってでました!!参考になったでしょうかぁ?!

参考URL:
http://www.excite.co.jp/world/english/
apple-papple
質問者

お礼

参考にはなりませんでしたが、貴重なお時間をありがとうございました。

関連するQ&A

• 英文の意味を教えてください。

アメリカのネットショップで小物を購入予定です。発送と値引きの事でメールが来ました。すみませんが意味を教えてくれませんか?お願いします。 I have created a code for you, you can use the code “AAAA” and it’s valid for anytime you spend over $20, you can use it anytime, this is a special pricing for you. If you want you can purchase it and we can start the order, as for the shipping, we can refund it back if you decide to use your own shipping company, we can also see if we can find a cheaper rate than our retail site and if we can I can refund you back the difference. Please let me know if this works and also if there is anything else I can do for you, thank you for your order

• 英文の意味を教えて下さい。

アメリカの友人からのメッセージです。フェイスブックの友達申請をした後に来たメールです。前回訪問した時のお礼をメールしたら返事が来ました。すみませんが英文の意味を教えてくれませんか?お願いします。 No problem. It was,my pleasure. I hope we can grow together. Please focus on facebook and increase the likes. Also, i would like to talk to you in whatssap. My mobile # 00-000-0000. Thank you

• 英文の意味を教えて下さい。

アメリカのネットショップでハンドメイドの小物を購入予定です。相手に作ってくれるかのメールをしましたが返事がきました。いまいち意味が分からないのですみませんが意味を教えて下さい。お願い致します。 I can make all new for you but I need to know which items you want so I can estimate the time. However, can you order at least 2 per piece, I can see if we can make less but I can't tell until you let me know which 購入商品名 since we have different minimums for different購入商品名。

• 英文の意味を教えて下さい。

アメリカのネットショップで小物を購入しました。発送の件でメールが来ました。すみませんが意味を教えて下さい。お願いします。 We cannot take this any longer please update us when can we ship this.

• 英文の意味を教えて下さい。

仕事で海外支社からメールがきました。いつもは日本人スタッフが送ってくるのによっぽど急いでいるのか英語でメールが来ました。すみませんが意味を教えて下さい。お願いします。 I will try to provide the deal memo for your confirmation in next Monday. For the whole presentation, I will request my subordinate to prepare the draft first then let you check in earlier next week then can speed up the process. Since we will have a review call in next Thur, if we can submit all information on that day, then we can present to the brand.

• こちらの英文の意味は

アメリカの方とのメールのやり取りでの1文です。これはどのようなニュアンスなんでしょうか? 私が彼に対して、「あなたは女性に人気があるでしょ?」と聞いた時の彼の答えです。 "I can assure you I am not very popular with women.I have had quite a few serious relationships in the past but it has been a very long time since I have had a connection with someone." よろしくお願いいたします。

• 英文の意味を教えて下さい。

アメリカのネットショップで小物を購入しました。支払いの事でメールが来ました。なんとなくはわかりましたが、正確な意味を知りたいのですみませんが意味を教えて下さい<(_ _)> Your order is ready to ship with Yamato Transport. Both invoices were combined and your shipping amount is $19.00. You can see below for the quote. Here is your invoice I have attached and sent you 2 money requests through paypal. We already captured $24.00, but we still need a total of $84.44 (which I split up since paypal will not allow me to request the full amount). Once we have received your payment we will ship out.

• 英文の意味を教えて下さい。

アメリカのネットショップでクリスマスに向けて色々と注文しました。発送はまだですか?と質問したら返答がありました。すみませんが意味を教えて下さい。お願いします。 Yes we adjust the discount when we create the invoice. Also, we are ready with one order, but we are waiting on the other one so we can have ship all together with yamato transport. Do you want us to send the first order with usps first? The first order is only 2boxes, so usps will probably not be a bad choice. What should I do?

• 英文の意味を教えて下さい。

英語圏にある支社からメールが来ました。通常は日本人スタッフがいるんですが急いでいるらしく英語でメールが来ました。すみませんが意味を教えて下さい。お願いします。ファイスブック関連の事だと思います。 FB page has been setup and we need to have the official launch of the page, to let everyone know that we have an official FB Japan page. In order to launch as an event we need to work together and plan so please let us know when you’ll be able to set tentative date so we can discuss further of this. I’m thinking 1-2 weeks planning since we’ll need to gather and prepare images to be used. Meanwhile, please provide competitors FB URL so we can help with marketing and getting you more likes for the event. In Japan, there must be other brands that you think we should be competing with, also has the FB fans that you want to have them like our FB page.

• 英文の意味を教えて下さい。

アメリカのネットショップで小物を購入しようと思っています。相手に質問をしたら返事がきました。 すみませんが意味を教えて下さい。お願いします。 We will be happy to pass this message and your information along to the garage for you. They can also be reached by email at info@BBB.com Thank you for watching the show and for supporting BBB!