• ベストアンサー

英語 where

Consumers have a tendency to buy more where credit cards are accepted for payment of merchandise. whereはどういう働きをしているのですか。 文の訳を教えてください。

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • Nakay702
  • ベストアンサー率80% (9732/12107)
回答No.2

以下のとおりお答えします。 >Consumers have a tendency to buy more where credit cards are accepted for payment of merchandise. whereはどういう働きをしているのですか。 文の訳を教えてください。 ⇒このwhereは、関係副詞(の独立用法)で、「~するところでは」と言う意味を表わします。つまり、where credit cards are accepted for payment of merchandiseの部分を直訳すれば、「商品の支払いにクレジットカードが受け取られるところでは」となります。 全文訳はこうなります。「消費者は、商品の支払いにクレジットカードを受け取ってくれるところ/使えるところでは、より多く購入する傾向がある。」 なお、「独立用法」とは、先行詞を含む用法という意味です。ですから、この文に先行詞を加えるとすれば、例えば、Consumers have a tendency to buy more at the shops where credit cards are accepted for payment of merchandise. のように、whereの前にat the shopsを補うことができます。訳文は、こんな感じになります。「消費者は、商品の支払いにクレジットカードが使えるお店では、より多く購入する傾向がある。」 ご説明が不十分かも知れませんので、もし不明点や疑問点がありましたら、コメントなさってください。折り返しお返事します。

kajjjjun
質問者

お礼

関係副詞の先行詞が省略してあったんですね!わかりやすい説明を毎回ありがとうございます🙇‍♀️

Powered by GRATICA
全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

その他の回答 (1)

• ベストアンサー率29% (370/1252)
回答No.1

moreとwhereのあいだで区切ってみてください。 前は「お客はより買い物をする傾向がある」 後は「購入の支払いにクレジットカードが使える場所(where=店) です。 ただ私も自信ないのは、「カードが使える店では買いすぎる」と言っているのか、「カードが使える店で買い物する」のどっちなんでしょう。

kajjjjun
質問者

お礼

なるほど!ありがとうございます🙇‍♀️

Powered by GRATICA
全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

関連するQ&A

• 英語訳

日本語におねがいします。 Thanks for your email. Please kindly note that PayPal terminated the service on AliExpress.com on Aug. 3rd. You are kindly advised to complete the payment in other supported methods. AliExpress supports Visa, MasterCard credit card payments where you can simply complete your payment by entering your card information. In additional to credit cards, we also support Moneybookers, another prevailing e-wallet solution, Western Union, debit card payment (Maestro, Solo, Carte Bleue, CartaSi, PostePay, Euro6000, 4B) and wire transfer via banks. More payment options are coming. よろしくおねがいします

• なぜwhen ではなくwhereを使うのか

「三寒四温」をアルクで検索しました。 We're approaching that time of the year where you get cycles of three cold days followed by four warm ones. where が使われていますが、when ではいけないのでしょうか?

• 翻訳お願いします。

While deck cleaners are not new, the changes in waterproofing product formulations and the changes in the types of products that consumers have made it more important than ever to offer consumers exterior wood cleaners geared for their projects,” said Kozlowski. 翻訳お願いします。  塗装関係の文面です。よろしくお願いします。

• 「Saks Fifth Avenue」の返金方法

先日、海外通販「Saks Fifth Avenue」で購入した品物を返品しました。 先方から受け取った内容のメールをいただき、返金方法がかいてあったのですが、どのようになるのかがいまいち分かりません。 メール内容をどなたか翻訳していただきませんか? よろしくお願いします。 またSaksの返金方法を知っていらっしゃる方がいらしたら、どのように返金されるのかを教えてください。 メール内容 The following item(s) were included in your return. Your original payment method will be credited. Purchases made with Gift Cards or Merchandise Credits will be refunded with an Electronic Merchandise Credit: これに対して、ギフトカードではなくカードに返金して欲しいとメールした返信が下記です。 メール内容 We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you. Regretfully, we are unable to issue credit to an electronic merchandise card as the return process has already been complete. This option would have needed to be selected before you returned this purchase to us. Credit has been issued to the original method of payment that was used. よろしくお願いします。

• which の所を where でもよいのかどうか

バックナンバーで気になる所があったんですが、 http://www.okweb.ne.jp/kotaeru.php3?q=267059 ANo.#3の回答で 「 I have taken part in several of seminars which were hosted by the Law Department. 文法的には間違っていないけど、ちょっと変。 I have taken part in several of seminars where were hosted by the Law Department. これが正解でしょう。」 ってかいてあったんですが、口語英語ですか? 泣きそうです。

• Where are you from? のwhereって名詞ですか?

「日本の首都はどこですか?」を What is the capital of Japan?と表すのはwhereには代名詞の働きがなく疑問代名詞whatを使うという解説を良く目にします。 では、「あなたはどこ出身?」と尋ねる場合、どうして What are you from?とならないのでしょうか? I'm from Japan.と答えることから働き的には疑問代名詞を要求すると思うのですが・・・

• 英語の問題

1: A:Would you mind watching my suitcases while I go to the restroom? B:()Go ahead. I'll watch them until you get back. (1)No way! (2)Yes,I do (3)Not at all (4)Never mind 2: A:I'm looking for some blue jeans. B:OK.() A:Great! How much are they? B:One pair for $30 or two pairs for $50. (1)Do you take credit cards? (2)The men's jeans department is upstairs. (3)We accept all major credit cards. (4)We have some on sale this week. (5)What size are you? 解答と訳をお願いします

• 英語について

英語について Heating copper,on the other hand,will cause it to expand by about 90% of this. 訳をお願いします。 前の文章は、 When different materials are heated,some expand more than others.For example,if brass is heated by one degree Celsius,it will expand by one fifty-thousandth of its length. です。 また、Heatingは現在分詞でしょうか?

• 英文(現地の英語)を日本語訳にしてください

綺麗な英語ではないかもしれないのですが 以下の英文を日本語訳していただけますでしょうか。 海外ショップからのメールになります。 50% in Advance.In the levels: 20% when you confirm the order 30% when you have the permits approved Balance of 50% after 5 days of receiving the books DOA are accepted within 24 hours upon arrival. All significant DOA should be proved by colour pictures send by e-mail Packing charges: $ 50 to 200 depends on the specie Export fee for one shipment - U$S 850-1500 以上宜しくお願いします。

• 英語の訳

以下の英語の訳を、どなたか教えていただけますか? (出典:Partha Dasgupta(2007) Economics:A very short introduction. Oxford University Press.より) (1)Others have noted that people in rich countries are far better educated,implying that they are able to make use of ideas to produce goods that are out of reach for people in countries where large numbers are illiterate. (2)Education and health go by the name human capital. (3)Primary and secondary education alone can't take a society that far today.