英文試訳の添削結果とその意味

このQ&Aのポイント
  • 英文の試訳について添削をお願いします。
  • 結果はネットワークの崩壊または準公共的な金融機関の役割への圧力となる。
  • 第一のシナリオではVeblen的な二重運動に対するPolanyi的な市場原理が主張される。
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

英文の試訳の添削。

The result would be a pressure for either a breakup of these networks or an enrollment of their key intermediaries into a role as quasi-public financial utilities. The first scenario would see the Polanyian market disciplinary impulse assert itself over the Veblenian double movement, whereas the second would see the latter, in essence, coopted by the Polanyian countermovement. 以上の英文の以下の試訳の添削をお願い致します。 「結果は,おそらく,それらネットワークの崩壊,または,準公共的な金融機関としての役割を果す重要な媒体への寄与,その何れかへの圧力であろう。第一のシナリオはVeblen的な二重運動に対するPolanyi的な市場原理の推進力の自己主張を認めるものとなろう。他方,第二のシナリオは,本質的に,Polanyi的な〔他方の〕対抗運動によって先取りされることを知ることになろう。」 以上,どうぞ宜しくお願い致します。

• jubu
  • お礼率86% (919/1061)
  • 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数2

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • Nakay702
  • ベストアンサー率80% (9726/12098)
回答No.1

以下のとおり、語句・添削・まとめをお答えします。 (語句) *would be a pressure for either ~ or ―:「~に圧力がかかるか、―に圧力がかかるかのいずれかであろう」。 *The first scenario would see ~:「第一のシナリオでは、~という状況になるだろう」。 *the latter, in essence, coopted by ~:「後者(すなわちVeblen的な二重運動)の本質部分が~によって吸収される・取り込まれる(という状況になるだろう)」。 (添削) >結果は,おそらく,それらネットワークの崩壊,または,準公共的な金融機関としての役割を果す重要な媒体への寄与,その何れかへの圧力であろう。 ⇒その結果は、これらのネットワークを解体させるような圧力がかかるか、主要な仲介機関が準公的金融公益事業としての役割を担うようになる、という変更圧力がかかるかのいずれかであろう。 >第一のシナリオはVeblen的な二重運動に対するPolanyi的な市場原理の推進力の自己主張を認めるものとなろう。 ⇒第一のシナリオでは、Polany的な市場原理の推進力が、Veblen的な二重運動に対して自己主張するという状況になるだろう。 >他方,第二のシナリオは,本質的に,Polanyi的な〔他方の〕対抗運動によって先取りされることを知ることになろう。 ⇒他方、第二のシナリオでは、後者(すなわちVeblen的な二重運動)の本質部分が、Polany的な対抗運動によって吸収される・取り込まれるという状況になるだろう。 (訳文まとめ) 《その結果は、これらのネットワークを解体させるような圧力がかかるか、主要な仲介機関が準公的金融公益事業としての役割を担うようになるという変更圧力がかかるか、そのいずれかであろう。第一のシナリオでは、Polany的な市場原理の推進力が、Veblen的な二重運動に対して自己主張するという状況になるだろう。他方、第二のシナリオでは、後者、すなわちVeblen的な二重運動の本質部分が、Polany的な対抗運動によって取り込まれてしまう、という状況になるだろう。》

jubu
質問者

お礼

感謝申しあげます。

jubu
質問者

補足

ご回答・ご指導有り難うございます。特に,The first scenario would see ~:「第一のシナリオでは、~という状況になるだろう」等のお訳しは英語に良く通じた方でないと出てこない訳かと存じます。どうも有難うございました

関連するQ&A

• 英文の邦訳の添削

In the Polanyian double movement, the political impulse toward marketization ultimately buckles under the weight of the institutions that protect society from the market. In contrast, in the Veblenian double movement, a predominantly Darwinian evolutionary impulse toward marketization buckles under the weight of the institutions that protect the market from society—with society understood broadly to refer to the entire array of actually existing human limitations and idiosyncrasies. 以上の試訳は次の通りです。「Polanyiの二重運動では,市場化に向けた政治的推進力が,究極的に,市場から社会を守る制度の圧力で歪む。対照的に,Veblenの二重運動では,支配的に,Darwin的な市場化〔市場構造は,不安定なDarwin的様式で生起する傾向がある(Haberly & Wójcik, op.cit., p.248)〕に関する漸進的な推進力が,全て揃った実質的に既存の人間的な制約および独自性に係わる広く理解された社会と一体になった――社会から市場を守る制度の圧力を受けて歪む。」この試訳で,悩んでいる点は,Polanyiの二重運動とVeblenの二重運動が「対照的」なはずなのに,訳として,共に市場化が制度の圧力を受けて歪む,あるいは,屈する,となってしまう点です。どう解釈すれば宜しいでしょうか?ご指導お願い致します。

• 英文添削お願いします。

添削お願いします。 文章の途中なのでわかりにくいかと思いますが・・・ <書きたい文章> もしあることが彼女の思う通りにならなれけば、彼女は攻撃的になってしまいます。 ほかの一人は、一方的にしゃべっています。 また、ほかの子は触られることをとても嫌います。 私はこれらのこどもやその家族と関わる中で、あらためて2つのことを学びました。 ひとつめは、こどもたちは学校生活や普段の生活でたくさんの困難を抱えていることです。 ふたつめは、彼らの親は彼らのたくさんの困難を本当に心配しており、いろいろなことを試しているということです。 If a certain thing doesn't become as she thinks, she would become aggressive. Another one of them talks one- sidely. Another child is very unpleasant in touching. During I relation with these children and the family, I learnt two things again. The first is that children have a lot of troubles in their school life and usual life. The second is that their parents really worry about a lot of their difficulties, and the trial and error is repeated.

• 英文の邦訳の添削。

There is some reason to believe that this architecture is fundamentally unstable and may be forced to undergo unpredictable transformations almost as quickly as it emerges. Two tensions stand out as particularly prominent. First, although the exhaustion of the drive to liquidity and efficiency can be primarily understood as a bottom-up Veblenian phenomenon, the centralized network arrangements resulting from it are increasingly at odds with the Polanyian market disciplinary political impulse. Specifically, ever-larger fund managers are increasingly trapped in a paradox between the need to play an active corporate governance role commensurate with their size and the potential abyss of antitrust action. 上記英文の下記の試訳の添削をお願い致します。 「こういった構造はそもそも安定を欠くものであるから,出現するや否や即,予測もしなかった変化を被らざるをえないであろう。そう信じる理由がいくつかある。特に顕著なものとして,2つの葛藤をあげることができる。第一に,流動性と効率性を志向する力が衰えるのは,下位から上位へというVeblen的な現象であると理解されるが,その結果として生じる中央集権化されたネットワークの制度とPolanyi的な市場の規律に係わる(他方の)政治的な力との齟齬が,次第に増大することになる。特に,従前よりも大きくなったファンド・マネジャーは益々,その規模に相応しい積極的なコーポレート・ガバナンスの役割を担う必要性と,反トラスト活動という潜在的に底知れない深い穴との間の矛盾の囚われの身となっている。」 尚,冒頭の「こういった構造」とは,自由な資本市場での運用からBlackRock等の大手ファンド・マネジャーで運用される資金の増大化傾向を指します。また,金融市場化のヴェブレン的・ポラニー的二重運動は添付ファイルの概念図に示される通りです。以上どうぞ宜しくお願い致します。

• 英文を添削してください。

以下の英文を添削していただけないでしょうか。 The news of Prince Charles getting remarried is also broadcasted widely in Japan. I want Prince Charles to be happy, but I liked Princess Diana and wish that they would have a small ceremony in respect of the deceased Princess Diana. What do you think? Normally, I would love to see the broadcast of the gorgeous English royal wedding ceremony, but this time I'm thinking that it's okay not to be able to see it. 言いたい事は以下のような感じです。 「チャールズ皇太子の再婚のニュースは日本でも流れています。チャールズ皇太子には幸せになってほしいけど、でも私はダイアナ妃が好きだったから、ダイアナさんのことを慮って出来るだけ慎ましやかな挙式にしてほしいなと思ってしまいます。あなたはどう思う? 本来だったら私は英国王室の豪華な挙式を観たいところなんだけど、でも今回ばかりは、それを観られなくてもいいと思っています。」 なるべく自分の意見は控えめに言いたいのですが、上の英文ではなんだか控えめさに欠けてるように感じます…。 「出来るだけ慎ましやかな挙式にしてほしいなと思ってしまいます」というところと「今回ばかりは、それを観られなくてもいいと思っています」というところを特に控えめにしたいのですが、どう表現したらいいのか分かりません。 どなたか助けてください、お願いいたします m(_ _)m

• 英文の試訳の添削と内容の吟味

In the street name setup, the retail owner can always claim voting rights, and even before the recent limits on broker voting, various notification systems mandated by the proxy rules facilitated such voting pass-throughs. The retail investor could also assert control over the disposition of portfolio securities. By contrast, in reconcentration through investment intermediaries, the retail investor has, in effect, an undivided interest(未区分の利権・受益権)in the pool of securities with no way of reclaiming any share of voting rights for any portfolio company. Nor can a retail investor affect the composition of the portfolio. 以上の英文の試訳は以下の通りですが,ご覧の通り,内容の前半と後半が矛盾します。一貫した内容になるように添削をお願い致します。 「「仲買人名義の設定に際して(一般)小口投資家らは常に議決権を要求することができる。なお,最近ブローカーによる投票に対して制限が課されたが,それ以前においても,委任状規約によって規定された種々の通知制度によってそうした投票可決は容易になっていた。小口投資家は,ポートフォリオ構成証券の処分に対する支配を確立することもあり得るであろう。対照的に,投資仲介業を通じた再集中においては,小口投資家は,事実上,証券プールにある未区分の利権・受益権を享受するだけで,いかなるポートフォリオ構成会社のいかなる議決権(の一部)を返還要求する方法も持たない。また,一般の小口投資家は,ポートフォリオの構成に影響を与えることもできない。」 以上の試訳では「ポートフォリオ構成証券の処分に対する支配を確立することもあり得るであろう。」と「また,一般の小口投資家は,ポートフォリオの構成に影響を与えることもできない。」の二箇所が矛盾します。ここを無矛盾的になるように訳せないか,どうかということになります。 以上,どうぞ宜しくお願いします。

• 英文の拙訳の添削をお願いします。

While it may well be the case that these investors in S&P 500 index funds would be happy to have the benefit of this discretionary portfolio management at a relatively low price, this does not change the fact that investors are getting something different from what is being described to them. The argument that there is no problem here because investors are obtaining very cheap management is analogous to telling a customer who was handed a television that it’s not a problem that she was not given the toaster she was promised because the deal represents a bargain on televisions. 以上の英文の下記の拙訳の特に,The argument that there is no problem here because investors are obtaining very cheap management is analogous to telling a customer who was handed a television that it’s not a problem that she was not given the toaster she was promised because the deal represents a bargain on televisions.の直喩に特に焦点を当てて,添削願います。 「S&P 500インデックスに資金を投じるこうした投資家が比較的低価格で自由裁量的ポートフォリオ運用の便益を喜んで受けるケースもよく分かるが,他方,彼ら投資家が彼らに目論見書で書いたのとは何処か違う状況に置かれることになるという事実をこれは変えるものではない。投資家は非常に安価な運用に与ることになるから何の問題もないという議論は,取引は,(元々)テレビを受取るのをあてにしたものでないことを表すから,彼女が約束されたトースターを与えられないということは(何ら)問題ではないということを,テレビを与った顧客に告げるのに類似している。」 以上宜しくお願いします。

• 英文を添削してください

アメリカの1950年の消費文化(consumer culture)についての文です。 The American manufacturing economy switched from producing war-related items to consumer goods such as appliances and automobiles at the end of World War II. To help create jobs for the tens of thousands of soldiers returning to the workforce from the war and build on the country's newfound economic prosperity, the government, along with businesses and marketing firms, began a campaign to stir up consumer activity. U.S. politicians argued that widespread ownership of more possessions would create greater social equality, thereby proving the superiority of the market system. Consumerism, therefore, acted as a function of the drive to defeat communism. ⇨The American manufacturing economy switched from producing war-related items to consumer goods such as appliances and automobiles at the end of World War II. To help create jobs for the soldiers returned from the war and build on the country's newfound economic prosperity, the government began a campaign. U.S. politicians argued that more possessions would create greater social equality, thereby proving the superiority of the market system. Consumerism acted as a function of the drive to defeat communism. ⇨以降は私が短くした文です。こちらの文を添削して欲しいです。 あと、もしこの情報はいらない、ここは省いてもいい、もっと短くできる、などあればそちらも教えて欲しいです。 よろしくお願いします。

• 英文の添削をお願いします。よろしくお願いします。

Unfortunately,I was robbed of my pleasure recently. I had my favorite view that was precious thing to me. The view is the sea that was able to see from the road in front of my house. I arrived at my house while always seeing the sea in the front. But a new house is built there pretty soon. I'm sure they will be enjoy the view and I'll be worry about scenery disappear little by little. 残念なことに私の楽しみが奪われました。 私には大切な景色があります。その景色は私の家の前の道から見える海です。 私はいつも正面に海を見ながら家に辿り着きます。しかし、まもなくそこには家が建ちます。 きっと彼らはその景色を楽しむでしょう、そして私は少しずつ消えていく風景に悩まされるでしょう。

• 英文

以下の英文の翻訳お願いできませんか? (1)I had a sister who had diabetes. She died when she was 39. If she had lived a century ago, she would have been dead by the age of 14. Had she been born today, she probably would have lived a full life because gene therapy would soon be able to replace her defective genes. My parents told me Andrea had diabetes when I was a high school student in California. And later, I learned Andrea would have the disease forever and world be taking shots every day of her life so she could live. I knew it was serious. Without insulin, Andrea's cells would die even though she had plenty of sugar in her blood. Each day she would measure her sugar level and then inject insulin into her thigh. (2)Time passed, and I went to Colorado College. Andrea went to the University of Southern California. I think that USC was a good choice for her. She went to classes, parties, and maintained her California blonde good looks. She graduated, married a lawyer-to- be, adopted a child because of repeated miscarriages due to her diabetes, and got divorced--- a typical American story except for the diabetes. (3)Andrea died on the operating table at the age of 39. It was cardiac arrest, not an uncommon fate for diabetics whose cardiovascular systems were compromised. She had visited me to say goodbye ---except I did not know it. (4)One day Andrea came to Buffalo. We soon learned she was going blind. She told us that only an operation would help her eyes. Her physicians did not hold out much hope because of her lifelong treatment with insulin; although it had saved her life, it had also caused malfunctioning in her circulatory system. Her eyes were only part of the problem; her entire cadiovascular system was compromised. The operation, in fact, would be dangerous. (5)My sister was adamant. She had tried going to classes designed to help patients who were going blind. She said she would rather be dead than blind. She was going forward with the operation, which would be in a couple of weeks. (6)Andrea, along with the rest of my famiy,remainedin California while I was moving about the country getting an education, as well as being a wife and mother of children. I settled on the two opposite side of the country in Buffalo, New York.

• 英文の添削をお願いします。

英文の添削をお願いします。 和訳にあわせて英文を作ったのですが、 おかしいところがあれば訂正と解説をお願いします。 Kameido has beenprospered to erected the amusement at Edo era. (亀戸は江戸時代に遊郭ができたときから栄えてきた) He is decide to kill the people randamly. (彼はでたらめに殺す順番を決めている) renewal of rental every two year. (2年毎の家賃の更新) The convenience of Minami-Senjyu is locat on inconbenient location. (南千住のコンビニは不便な場所に位置している) I embarked on a new adventure , and overthrowed the our boart. (僕は新しい冒険に乗り出し、船を転覆させた) She works in store who i had meet her is revealed. (僕が前にあったことのある彼女の店は摘発を受けた) she sinking a song is a new song. (彼女が歌っている曲は新曲だ)