• ベストアンサー
※ ChatGPTを利用し、要約された質問です(原文:添削お願いします)

The Importance of Non-Escalation in Response to Force: Understanding the Strict Views on Guns

Nakay702の回答

• ベストアンサー
  • Nakay702
  • ベストアンサー率80% (9723/12095)
回答No.2

以下のとおり、語句と添削文をお答えします。 >The reasons that people strict against gun come from history, culture, and idea, but they think it is important that response to force does not escalate, not response by force. >「人々が銃に厳格なのは、歴史、文化、考え方からきているのもありますが、暴力への対応は決して暴力で返すのではなくいかにエスカレートさせないかが重要だと考えているからです。」 (語句) *(この国の)人々が銃に対して厳格である理由:the reasons that people (in this country) are strict against gun。カッコ内を補うと文意がより具体的になりますね。 *暴力に暴力で対応するのではなく:not responding to violence by violence。 *暴力(自体)をエスカレートさせないことが重要だ:t is more important that they should not escalate force (itself)。violenceもforceも「暴力」を意味しますが、ニュアンスの違いがあります。forceは、やや抽象的で「暴力、威力、強制力、暴行、無理強い…」などと広い意味を含む語です。violenceは、幾分具体的に「暴力、乱暴、激高…」などと、しばしば人に危害を加える場面を彷彿させるような語です。 (添削文) Although the reasons that people (in this country) are strict against gun come from history, culture, and idea, they think it is more important that they should not escalate force (itself), not responding to violence by violence. 《(この国の)人々が銃に対して厳格である理由は、歴史、文化、考え方に由来しますが、暴力に暴力で対応するのではなく、暴力(自体)をエスカレートさせないことが重要だ、と考えているからです。》

wxw
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます。 violenceとforceにそのようなニュアンスの違いがあるのですね。 確かに『力』という言葉を表現したいときにもforceを用いることはありますね(歌詞などによく出てきますよね) 添削文、大変参考になりました。ありがとうございます。

関連するQ&A

• 至急です!明日英検なので英作文添削お願いします!

明日英検2級なので最後に書いた英作文の添削をお願いします!添削だけでもいいのですが、可能であれば点数も教えていただけたら嬉しいです! TOPIC Some people say that Japanese people do not need to study English. Do you agree with this idea? I do not agree with the idea that Japanese people do not need to study English. I have two reasons. Firstly, people should speak English in myself in the future. In fact, the technology deveroring in Japan now and we can use the trans ration software. However, smiling or reaction is important for communication. Secondly, studying English can learn about foreign culture. Many people thought studing English is important for comunication. However, learning English provider a good opportunity considering foreigh culture, In conclusion, I strongly agree this my opinon.

• 添削お願いします

There is an extremely sensitive society to a gun, and because this social trend has been penetrating with the public, there is not much shooting incident. *日本は銃撃事件が少ないという話です。 (警察は銃で犯罪者に応戦するのではなく、武術を使う。そのため、2015年の警察の発砲数は6発だけだった。暴力への対応は決して暴力で返すのではなくいかにエスカレートさせないかが重要だと考えているからです。) 「銃に対して非常に神経質な社会であり、このような(社会的)風潮が市民に浸透しているため、銃撃事件が少ない」 *Japanのことを言っている、というのは話の流れからわかると思ったのでthere is としたのですが…表現方法はあっているでしょうか? こちらの英文を添削して欲しいです。 よろしくお願いします。

• 添削してください

徹底した銃規制を行うのが困難なのは、憲法の規定に加えて、銃に平等化装置としてのイメージを持っている人がいるためでもある。 銃を持たない状態では肉体的に優れた者が劣る者を暴力で支配することが多くなる。 It is difficult for thorough gun control to be carried out, in addition to the provisions of the Constitution, there are people who have the image an equality device in the gun. In the situation that people do not have a gun, the person physically superior will dominate those who are inferior by violence. こちらの英文を添削して欲しいです。 特に一番最後の文章が自信ないのですが…。 よろしくお願いします。

• 和文英訳の質問です

以下の英文の和訳をどなたかわかる方 お願いできませんでしょうか。 History is full of examples of apparently simple discoveries that were not made even when they would be surpassingly useful in that culture. お願い致します。

• 至急ですー!!英検2級の作文添削について。

至急です!英検2級の英作文添削お願いします(;;)添削だけでもいいのですが、もしわかる方がいらっしゃったら採点もお願いします! TOPIC Some people say that it is necessary for people to go to important historical sites in order to understand history better. Do you agree with this opinion? I disagree that it is necessary for people to go to important historical sites in order to understand history better. Firstly, going to historical sites have to money. If people go to historical sites, they maybe use a car or public transportation. Thus, people have to spend of money for going there. Secondly, people not have to go to important historical sites in order to learn about history. Indeed, the Internet developing now. Therefore, if people don't go there, they can research about there. In conclusion, I strongly agree with this opinion.

• 英文についての質問

In fact states appear to have been created through initial acts of violence that are themselves not justified by individual self-preservation. The Marxist political theorist Leon Trotsky suggested that “Every state is founded on force,” and Max Weber, not a Marxist, agreed. という文章がありあます。 ここでいう「Every state is founded on force」というのは「全ての国家は力(暴力)によって設立された」という訳でいいでしょうか?

• 和訳お願いします!

Barkley believes that what he does in his private life is his own business and should not be important to anyone else. I do not think it's your decision to make. お願いします(>_<)

• 英語の添削

英語 文法的に間違っているところ、直したほうがいいところの指摘をお願いします。 Is it important to learn about different cultures? I think that it is very important. There are two reasons. Firstly, for example, in America, when people are asked "Would you like coffee or tea?" , they are expected to answer "Coffee/Tea please." But some of Japanese may answer "Either will do" because they are diffident. Such a response is taken with the irresponsible attitude in America. secondly, people all over the world can understand each other by learning about different cultures. And by becoming so, the earth may become a better place. Therefore,I think that learning about different cultures is very important. 以下、書きたかった日本語 異なる文化を学ぶことは重要だろうか? 私はとても重要だと思う。 理由はふたつある。 第一に、例えばアメリカで、人々が「コーヒーかお茶はいかがですか」と聞かれたときに、彼らは「コーヒー/お茶 をください」と答えることが期待されている。 しかし、日本人は遠慮がちなので、「どちらでも」と答える人がいるかもしれない。 そのような応答はアメリカでは無責任な態度と取られてしまう。 第二に、異なる文化を学ぶことによって、世界中の人々がお互いを理解できる。 そして、そうなることによって、世界はよりよい場所になるかもしれない。 したがって、私は異なる文化を学ぶことはとても重要だと思う。 以上です。 添削お願いします。 また、現在完了形や過去完了形などの文法的要素を入れたほうがいいということなんですが、どこかにそのような文法を入れられる部分があるでしょうか?

• 英作文の添削をお願いします。

長文で堅苦しい内容になってしまいましたが、添削をお願いします(^-^) あと、これは大学入試用です。 TOPIC starting foreign language education at a very early age is a good idea. I'm for this opinion. There are TWO reasons.First of all,clearly,little children aged up to three can absorb a lot of information at a rate grown-ups cannot.Responsive to sound,they are very efficient learners of new language, so they will be able to acquire two languages such as Japanese and English with little difficulty.This will be a good advance, because they will have more time learning other important subjects,say math,science,histry,and so on. Second,learning foreign language does not only mean you are learning how to read and write,but it also means you are studying other culture.It must be great that you know several culture, because it means you can understand things at global point of view without predudice.Acquiring such perspective is indispensable for people of today.

• 至急添削お願いいたします。

いつもお世話になっています。 レポートの一部なのですが、上手く訳せないので、お手数ですが、添削をお願いいたします。 「理想的な社会というのは、勝ち負けにこだわらず、それぞれが能力を十分発揮でき、すべての人がそのことを賞賛する社会だと思う。」 I think an ideal country is that not particular about victory or defeat, each person can give full play to their ability and everyone admirers that. 「個人がどの価値観を持つかは自由なので、いくら国の大多数がそのような考え方をしていても、人に押し付けるのはよくない。 それぞれの考え方を受け入れ、尊重し、調和を目指すことが一番大切だろう。」 It is free to have any value, so if a large majority of people has that value, it is not good to force the value on anyone. Most important thing is that to receive and respect everyone’s values, and aim to be in harmony. 「そろそろ物質的価値から精神的価値に、価値を置き換える時期である。」 It is the time to change value from material wealth to spiritual wealth. 「多くの人はお墓さえも先祖と同じところに入る。」 Many people turn in a same grave as ancestors. 大変勝手なのですが、至急ご回答いただけると、大変助かります。 宜しくお願いいたします。