• ベストアンサー

hangs over

She is overweight, and her skin sags everywhere. You can see her backside, and her pants are very low in the front, so her stomach hangs over. her stomach hangs overはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• corta
  • お礼率76% (4131/5367)
  • 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.1

her stomach hangs overはどのような意味でしょうか?  (太った彼女はパンツの前を下げて履いているので)彼女の腹が(ベルトなどを)超えて前に垂れ下がっている、という壮大な景色のことでしょう。

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

関連するQ&A

• loomed over her

Recently, my daughter “Sarah” and her best friend, “Lauren,” were playing outside. Lauren’s mom, “Kerry,” and I have become good friends, so she was over as well. Kerry is white, and Lauren’s father is black. While the girls were playing together and I was inside, Sarah apparently cracked her jump rope at Lauren and called her “my ——.” Kerry flew into a fury. She took Sarah’s jump rope, loomed over her, and read her the riot act. loomed over herはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• get that mad over

Maybe she is a very possessive person. She might be mad because you didn't ask her. well, I think she is pretty possessive. But she wouldn't get that mad over something so pointless. ここでのthatはyou didn't ask herですよね? だとするとover以下と同じ事を言っている気がするのですが、 なぜshe wouldn't get mad over something so pointless.と発言しないのでしょうか?ここでthatを入れるのはどの様な感覚からでしょうか?

• talked right over us

My husband's sister came to visit us recently. From the minute she came in the door, she talked, nonstop, for an hour and 45 minutes. She talked about her life, complained about her husband, talked about her adult children and on and on. She never once asked how we were or what we were up to. The few times my husband or I tried to talk, she talked right over us. she talked right over usはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• よろしくお願いします

My mother is in her mid-60s and I think she still looks pretty great for her age. However, I’m beginning to suspect that she doesn’t know how to properly deal with her aging skin. It’s the only explanation I can think of for why she’s begun adding more and more dramatic makeup over the past several years. She applies a thick line of black eyeliner under her eyes, well below where most women apply it. She also pastes on thick foundation and uses very dark lipstick. All of this makeup does nothing for her and I think she looks quite beautiful without it. My husband has noticed how heavy her makeup is as well. I would love to buy her a makeover so that maybe an experienced makeup artist could show her how to apply a softer look that works with her skin. But she’s extremely sensitive and I can’t think of a single way to tell her she needs to dial back the makeup without hurting her feelings. Is there a delicate way I can offer to buy her a makeover? buy her a makeoverとdial back the makeupの意味をおしえてください。よろしくお願いします

• 和訳お願いします((。´・ω・)。´_ _))

和訳お願いします((。´・ω・)。´_ _)) Meet Jenne Jenne is seven year old. She's still young and very helpful. She works as a PR dog. She was a guide dog for a blind pearson before. Now she's a ‘‘teacher” for us. She's very clever. We can learn a lot from her. Come and meet her at the Midori Junior High School gym at 2:00 p.m. on Sunday,April 15. Jenne was cute! She looked happy with the instructor. Can we meet her again? I was very surprised. Jenne sat biside the instructor and never bark. Jenne was waiting quietly during the instructor's speech. She looked very smart. We can be like Jenne. She's very helpful. Let's help people,too. 長々とすいません… バカなもので← 急いでいるので回答してくださると嬉しいです(・∀・)

• overのイメージ

英語の前置詞の overとは どんなイメージ何でしょうか? 中学生の姪の英語のプリントから こんな英文を見つけました。 " A plane is flying over the sky." How do you interpret this "over" in this sentence? If this "over" means "above", the plane is in the space and then the plane can't fly unless it is an artificial satellite or an flying saucer. If it means " across", you can very hardly see the plane because the plane is about to go to the opposite side of the horizon. Do you think the use of "over" in this sentence is appropriate? 私的には ここで overを使うと、ICBMのようなイメージなんですが、ネーティブだったら、どういう解釈をすると思いますか?

• 文の転換問題について

She is a very kind and gentle teacher. All the students are fond of her. これを2つ繋げる問題で、答えは She is such a kind and gentle teacher that all the students are fond of her. になるようですが、thatがくるところがなぜwhoでは駄目なのかがわかりません。 thatが来る場合は、最上級や序数the only,the sameやallなどが来る場合と参考書に書かれていますが、suchもそれらに含まれると言うことでしょうか? もしくは関係代名詞と考えては駄目でしょうか? これらをうまく判断できる方法があればご伝授お願いいたします。

• 教えて下さい。

訳を教えて下さい。 At the end of the race, she looked over to the crowd. Then she jogged to her friend who was holding the flag high. He handed it to her and she ran with it over her shoulders like a cape. She ran 50m holding that flag.This was a declaration of her pride, and of her love for herself and her people. 訳:レースが終わって彼女は観衆の方を見渡した。その時、彼女は国旗を高く持つ友人のとこへゆっくり走った。彼は…。彼女は国旗を握って50m走った。これは彼女の誇りでもある宣言で…。 特にHe handed it to her and she ran with it over her shoulders like a cape. とThis was a declaration of her pride, and of her love for herself and her people.の訳し方が分からないので教えて下さい。お願いします。

• song and dance

I recently had my first baby. It is a magical time for me and my husband. My parents, who live relatively close by, were elated by my son’s arrival and are very doting grandparents. My mother and I have had a very rocky history, and I was hopeful that my son could have a relationship with his grandmother, separate from my own issues with her. As she is with everything in my life, my mother is extremely overbearing. She never gives me a compliment and constantly questions and criticizes every decision I make. She is very concerned about appearances, and tries to constantly push her wishes for how to dress and feed my child, etc., on me. I accept and welcome suggestions—but my mother will force her will. She nags, belittles, and insults my decisions until I replace them with her own. She constantly interferes in our decisions. Ignoring her is impossible, as she will nag until you agree to adopt her decision. My father tells me that she is my mother, and although she is very difficult, she will not change, so I must. This has been the song and dance of my whole life. I am tired of having to be the one to roll over just because she won’t change or accept my decisions. ここでのthe song and danceとroll overはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 英文が正しいか教えてください。

英文が正しいかどうか教えてください。 First, I talk about my friends. We can meet new person in school. And we can favor them. I didn’t know anybody when I went to high school at first time. I wanted to make friends. So I was speaking her who next to me sat down. Now we are friends. But we don’t always talk. Then I thought her who is very kind by external appearances. Of course, she is kind. But rather than she is very cheer up. I can’t know she is very cheer up only external appearances. I know that I talked to her a lot of things. Then I judge a person by external appearances. But, the fact, she is very cheer up. この初めの文のfirstは、firstよりもfirstlyの方がいいのでしょうか? 違いがあれば、教えてください。 あと、訂正などあれば教えてほしいです。