Why Single Men Outweigh Single Women in Loneliness

このQ&Aのポイント
  • According to research, women report higher levels of loneliness than men in general, except for one group: single people. While married women are lonelier than married men, single men are even lonelier than single women.
  • Research shows that women of all ages and life stages tend to experience more loneliness than men. However, when it comes to single individuals, the situation is different. While married women are more likely to feel lonely than married men, single men are the lonelier group.
  • Studies have consistently found that women, regardless of their age or life stage, tend to report higher levels of loneliness compared to men. However, the exception to this trend is among single individuals. While married women may be lonelier than married men, it is single men who are the loneliest group.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

inch out

According to much research, women across all ages and stages of life report higher levels of loneliness than men do. Except, that is, in one particular group: single people. While married women inch out married men for the lonelier group, single men vastly outweigh single women as the lonelier bunch. inch out married men for the lonelier groupはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• corta
  • お礼率76% (4129/5365)
  • 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • cbm51901
  • ベストアンサー率67% (2671/3943)
回答No.1

"inch out married men for the lonelier group" 「男性既婚者よりも、孤独であるという面で、集団として僅かに顕著である」 だと思います。 ここで "inch" とは文字通り1インチのことで、"inch out" は「たった1インチの差で(僅かの差で)」ということを意味しているのだと思います。 While married women inch out married men for the lonelier group, single men vastly outweigh single women as the lonelier bunch. 男性既婚者よりも既婚女性の方が、僅かながらより孤独を感じている集団である反面、独身男性と独身女性とでは、前者の方が集団として圧倒的に孤独を感じている。

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます。

関連するQ&A

• 下記の英文を訳して下さる方はいませんか?

Between 1890 and 1960, both men and women married at steadily younger ages (on the average); they also began to have children sooner. Evidence obtained in 1972 indicates that the average age at first marriage had increased for both men and women (Troll, 1975), reversing the trend indicated in the figure. A trend that has continued, however, is for women to marry younger than men. One consequence is that women become windows, on the average, at younger ages than men become windows. お願いします。

• 下記の英文を訳してくださる方はいませんか?

Loneliness The feeling of loneliness pervades old age, even for old persons still living with their spouses. It is especially prevalent among women and among women especially among widows (Lopata, 1975). In fact, loneliness is the major difficulty faced by widows (treas, 1975). Among the other consequences of loneliness is reduced appetite, which could result in malnutrition (Weg, 1975); but the one inevitable consequence of loneliness is reduced satisfaction with life. The quality of life cannot be satisfactory if one is ridden with loneliness, social isolation, and bitterness. お願いします。

• fast women?

It calls to mind the stories out of the urban legends genres, which tell of fast women and wild men who usually meet terrifying ends. ご教示ください。 fast women and wild menをどのように訳すのでしょう。

• pumped my own gas

I have been widowed for 19 years and belong to a support group of women who go out to lunch once a month. Before I married my late husband, I was an independent businesswoman, cared for an elderly parent, paid my own bills, pumped my own gas, bought my own cars, etc. pumped my own gasとはどういうことでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 英文についての質問です。

My passionate interest in social justice and social responsibility has always stood in curious contrast to a marked lack of desire for direct association with men and women. I am a horse for single harness, not cut out for tandem or team work. I have never belonged wholeheartedly to country or state, to my circle of friends, or even to my own family. These ties have always been accompanied by a vague aloofness, and the wish to withdraw into myself increases with the years. Such isolation is sometimes bitter, but I do not regret being cut off from the understanding and sympathy of other men. I lose something by it, to be sure, but I am compensated for it in being rendered independent of the customs, opinions, and prejudices of others, and am not tempted to rest my peace of mind upon such shifting foundations. (What I Believe by A. Einstein) 意味がとれないところを教えてください。 1)My passionate interest in social justice and social responsibility has always stood in curious contrast to a marked lack of desire for direct association with men and women. a marked lack of desire for direct association with men and women.は、 男女の直接的な付き合いに対する要求の著しい欠如、ですか? stood in curious contrast とはどういう意味ですか? (特にcuriousの意味合いが掴みにくいです) 一般的な男女間のことには興味がない、というようなことを言っているのでしょうか? 2)I am a horse for single harness 私はたったひとつの馬具のための馬です(?)とはどういう意味ですか? よろしくお願いいたします。

• 英文“the Christian 〜 解釈について

添付ファイル文章: “the Christian society now is not ready and is only resting on some seven righteous men, but as they are never lacking, it will continue still unshaken in expectation of its complete transformation from a society almost heathen in character into a single universal and all–powerful Church. So be it, so be it! Even though at the end of the ages, for it is ordained to come to pass! に関する質問です。 1. some seven righteous menの some は日本語としては訳さない「幾人かの」として使われているのか, seven という数の少なさを強調している表現として「わずかばかりの」として使われているのか判別がつかないです。 2. they are never lackingの 理解ができないです。 「7人の高潔衆達は、決して欠かない?」と lacking をどう解釈すればいいのか分からないです。 3. in characterの 「特質として、性質として、」のように in nature と解釈して合っているのか自信がないです。 4. at the end of the ages, の解釈を難しく感じます。 at the end ofまでは理解できるのですが、 the ages の解釈に困っています。 a: ages は「時代」としてera のように使われて いると判断して合っているのか自信がないです。 b: この文脈において、ages とage の意味の違いが理解できないです。 解説宜しくお願いします。

• moreだけで比較は成立しますか?

American men between the ages of 14 and 45 spend more time in the hospital for mental disorders than for any other cause, and only the delivery of a child accounts 【for more days】 in the hospital for woman of that age. この、【for more days】 は、何との比較になりますか? 私は、文脈的にamerican~causeとの比較ではないかと考えたのですが、 only~of that ageにthanが書かれていないので、確実にそうだと思えることが出来ませんでした。 おそらく、thanが省略されているのかと思うのですが・・・。 そういった省略表現(規則?)があれば教えて下さい。

• よろしくお願いします

I am a woman who has known for a while now that I am attracted to women. Historically, I have only dated men and just got out of a five-year relationship with one. I want to explore my attraction to women further. My fear is that I may be attracted to women for the reasons a patriarchal society tells me to be. I may be attracted to women for the reasons a patriarchal society tells me to be.の意味を簡単に説明してください。よろしくお願いします

• 英文についての

Earned income is currently taxed at a top rate of 39.6% for income over $418,400 for single filers and $470,700 for married couples. This option would impose an additional surtax of 4% on income above $5 million. The surtax would be imposed on adjusted gross income (AGI) so high earners could not use itemized deductions to reduce the amount of income subject to the tax. >> ここで言われているsingle filersというのは「結婚していない、もしくは一人親」ということでしょうか? 「そして、500万ドル以上稼いでいる人には4%の税金を課す」 最後の文章はどういうことが言われているのでしょうか? 分かる方、こちらの質問にお答えいただければと思います。 よろしくお願いします。

• 翻訳をお願い致します!

In commemoration of their new single “Out of Time” topping the Billboard rock charts, the official Stone Temple Pilots Facebook profile have updated their status: “Our debut single ‘Out of Time’ reached the number one position on both the Mediabase Active Rock and Mainstream Rock chart today! ‘We're really thankful to all the people listening to our music that made this happen,’ says Robert DeLeo. ’It feels great on so many levels.’ ‘Out of Time’ is STP's first chart topping song in over a decade, eclipsing 2010's ‘ Between the Lines.’”