GN'R Rocks European Tour with Surprise Performance of 'Slither'

このQ&Aのポイント
  • During GN'R's recent European tour, they surprised fans with a performance of 'Slither' by VELVET REVOLVER.
  • The song was on an alternate set list from 2016, but had never been played before.
  • Axl Rose's rendition of the song, which pays homage to the late Scott Weiland, received positive feedback from the audience.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

翻訳をお願い致します。

During GN'R's recent European tour, the group began performing "Slither" by VELVET REVOLVER, Slash and McKagan's mid-'00s supergroup that featured late vocalist Scott Weiland (STONE TEMPLE PILOTS). "If you got a hold of an old set list from 2016," Slash explained, "you saw there was a set list and then there was an alternate set, which was just songs that we could do audibles with [and] move shit around. It was on there, and the band actually jammed it way early on just to get the groove together and all that. But it just never came up. Then, when we went into rehearsals for the European tour, Axl [Rose, vocals] came in [and went], 'Let's try 'Slither'.' It was never even something that we've talked about, but hearing Axl do it, considering he's channeling a little bit of Scott in that, and then Duff and I sort of having been with that song since its inception, the three of us doing it together was very cool. I couldn't put a verbal description of that feeling, but that was cool." http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/slash-talks-playing-chinese-democracy-song-better-velvet-revolvers-slither-with-guns-n-roses/

• tsf12
  • お礼率86% (1168/1348)
  • 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.1

GN'R' の最近のヨーロッパ演奏旅行で、(STONE TEMPLE PILOTS)のボーカリストだった故Scott Weilandを中心にした2000年代中期のスーパーグループ VELVET REVOLVER, Slash and McKagan などの "Slither" を上演するようになった。  もし2016年ごろの古いセットリストを手に入れたら、セットリストとは別に、雑物は含まないオーディブルの歌だけの代わりのリストがあったことに気づくだろう。  これは、そのリストの中にあり、バンドでみんなの気持ちを合わせるために実際最初の足慣らしに使いもした。でも(それ以外は)目立つことはなかった。  ところがヨーロッパ演奏旅行のリハーサルに入ると(ボーカルの) Axl Rose が入り(その後出た)「‘Slither’をやってみよう」と言った。  それまで(その名は)口の端にものぼらなかった。しかし Axl が歌うのを聞くと、Scott の何かを伝えている気がした。  Duff と私は、この歌の最初からそんな気がしていた。で三人でこれをやるのは、実にクールだった。その感じは言葉では表せないが、とにかくクールだった。  

tsf12
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます。

関連するQ&A

• 翻訳をお願い致します。

Slash Reveals How Axl Rose Is ‘Channeling’ Scott Weiland “If you got a hold of an old set list from 2016, you saw there was a set list and then there was an alternate set, which was just songs that we could do audibles with [and] move shit around. It was on there, and the band actually jammed it way early on just to get the groove together and all that. But it just never came up. Then, when we went into rehearsals for the European tour, Axl [Rose, vocals] came in [and went], ‘Let’s try ‘Slither’.’ It was never even something that we’ve talked about, but hearing Axl do it, considering he’s channeling a little bit of Scott in that, and then Duff and I sort of having been with that song since its inception, the three of us doing it together was very cool. I couldn’t put a verbal description of that feeling, but that was cool.”

• 翻訳をお願い致します。

Slash has blasted Scott Weiland for claiming in various interviews that he was going to be rejoining VELVET REVOLVER, saying, "None of us have a clue what he's talking about… We're not buying it." ※ 『Slash』と『Scott Weiland』は人物名、『VELVET REVOLVER』はバンド名です。

• 翻訳をお願い致します。

Slash has claimed in a new interview with Banana 101.5 that Velvet Revolver are yet again searching for a new singer to replace Scott Weiland, “With Velvet, there's no singer in place, and there hasn't been, but we've been, actually, very quietly been looking for somebody who's right for that band,” says Slash. ※ 『Velvet Revolver』はバンド名、『Scott Weiland』と『Slash』は人物名です。

• 翻訳をお願い致します。

Slash continued: "Scott is completely speaking out of his ass [about the VELVET REVOLVER reunion]. Nobody at this end has had any conversations with Scott on this subject, except maybe [VELVET REVOLVER guitarist] Dave Kushner, because he was the only one in the band who was really close to him. And all things considered, we don't have a good professional relationship with Scott. ※ 『Slash』と『Scott』と『Dave Kushner』は人物名、『VELVET REVOLVER』はバンド名です。

• 大至急、翻訳をお願い致します。

“But that’s not the intention at all. I mean, me, Slash, and Duff really needed to do a band. We were ready, it was time. We were, like, ‘Look, Axl’s gone out and has done the Roses by himself, so, we can do this.’ “If anyone ever saw the things about Revolver, it wasn’t an easy process because the missing link was the lead singer. We went over and over that until the point we’ve finally settled on Scott. “In retrospect, all the energy that went into that band and what Scott represented, maybe different demography of rock ‘n’ roll coming from what we describe as the grunge era, but mixed with the GN’R sort of angst and a bit of a punky feel. “It worked, but we were all fired up, we were in great shape, we were ready to take on the world like we had something to prove like a 20-year old kid, which at that time we were all approaching 40, you know.”

• 大至急、翻訳をお願い致します。

Velvet Revolver Reveal How Axl Rose Made Slash Find Scott Weiland Former Velvet Revolver and Guns N’ Roses drummer Matt Sorum revealed in a new Loudwire Nights interview how Axl Rose moving on with a new Guns N’ Roses lineup is what made himself, Slash, and Duff McKagan get late Stone Temple Pilots frontman Scott Weiland to form Velvet Revolver. Ultimate-Guitar transcribed his comments. “My wife loved that record [Contraband], I do, but you know, it’s interesting, I need to go back and listen to some of these things sometimes because I get different interpretations of what I recorded the first time. “But I mean, that record, the same feeling I have for Deadland Ritual is the same feeling I had going in and making Velvet Revolver’s first album. “It’s a renewed energy, you do have to really step it up because you’re unleashing something into the world that might or might not want to resonate towards, because number one, they think, ‘Oh, it’s just a bunch of guys getting together because they think they should put a band together or be a supergroup.’

• 翻訳をお願い致します。

SCOTT WEILAND COMMENTS ON ROBERT DELEO PERFORMING WITH SLASH Scott Weiland briefly discussed his ex-bandmates Robert DeLeo (Stone Temple Pilots) and Slash (Velvet Revolver) performing together with Aerosmith's Steven Tyler and Joe Perry on Sunday at his show last night in New Brunswick, New Jersey. He mentioned that they had played together recently, and that he loves all of the musicians he has played with in his career. ※ 『Stone Temple Pilots(STP)』『Velvet Revolver』『Aerosmith』はバンド名、『Scott Weiland』『Slash』『Robert DeLeo』『Steven Tyler』『Joe Perry』などは人物名です。

• 翻訳をお願い致します。

Stone Temple Pilots bassist Robert DeLeo performed with Aerosmith members Steven Tyler and Joe Perry yesterday in Los Angeles at the Stuart House Benefit, with Brian Tichy on drums. Former Velvet Revolver/Guns N' Roses guitarist Slash also performed “Mama Kin” with them. Video of that song still hasn't surfaced. This was the first time members of Scott Weiland's two bands bands that he was fired from, Stone Temple Pilots and Velvet Revolver, have performed together. Tyler introduced “Dream On” by jokingly saying, “Here's a song we just wrote for this occasion, by Robert.” ※ 『Stone Temple Pilots』『Velvet Revolver』『Guns N' Roses』『Aerosmith』はバンド名、『Scott Weiland』『Robert DeLeo』『Slash』『Steven Tyler』『Joe Perry』などは人物名、『Mama Kin』『Dream On』は曲名です。

• 翻訳をお願い致します。

Then Scott lobbied and pushed really hard to do Core, and the band said “fine let's try them”. So they did. And Scott just couldn't pull it off. He just doesn't have that range anymore. So the band is saying “dude we can't do it, you can't sing it” and Scott was really defensive about it.

• 翻訳をお願い致します。

I have spoken with somebody who works with Scott Weiland’s management, and they denied that Weiland has been fired by Stone Temple Pilots. Slash claimed yesterday that STP fired Weiland, which is why he is campaigning for a Velvet Revolver reunion in the press. ※ 「Scott Weiland」と「Slash」は人物名であり、「Stone Temple Pilots(STP)」と「Velvet Revolver」はバンド名です。