• ベストアンサー

weeklong chunks

My husband and I had a tiff recently, and although I already apologized and assumed the blame, I need a neutral opinion before my brain will let this rest. The argument began after I suggested we try hiking the Appalachian Trail in weeklong chunks. ここでのchunksはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• corta
  • お礼率76% (4123/5358)
  • 英語
  • 回答数3
  • ありがとう数2

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.3

#1です。補足です。  ですから  「この夫婦喧嘩は、(一気にやらないで)1週間1週間で区切ってAppalachian Trail をハイキングしてはと私(=妻)が提案し(夫が反対したのが)発端だった」  ということでしょう。

その他の回答 (2)

• Nakay702
  • ベストアンサー率80% (9724/12096)
回答No.2

>ここでのchunksはどのような意味でしょうか? ⇒この場合のchunkは、「(週単位という)長時間の一塊・一続き」といったニュアンスです。ということは、その複数形のchunksは、「数週間という長時間」といった感じになります。 ☆「(夫との)議論は、私が数週間という長時間をかけてアパラチア山道をハイキングしようと提案した後に始まりました」。 *in weeklong chunksのin は、「長時間をかけて」の、「かけて」という対訳部分に相当します。

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます。

• SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.1

ここでのchunksはどのような意味でしょうか? Appalachian Trail は、2200マイル(=約3500km)あり、普通5ヶ月から7ヶ月かかると言われています。  https://www.google.com/search?q=appalachian+trail&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b-1  ですから全行程を一息に踏破するのではなく、1週間ごとに区切って、という意味でしょう。

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます。

関連するQ&A

• ブログで家族の事を書く場合の英作文の書き始め方

お世話になります。ブログなどで、家族の事を書く場合、 My husband, my daughter and I + S+V. My husband and I + S+V with my daughter. My family and I + S+V. というスタイルで書いています。他に書き方はありますか?Weで始めたら、誰の事か、分かりませんよね? 解説もいただけますと、大変有り難いです。どうぞ宜しくお願いいたします。

• よろしくお願いします

Four years ago, my sweet and loving husband, the awesome father of our three children, was struck down by brain cancer and suffered brain trauma following emergency surgery. I’ve cared for him at home, dealing with the hassles of hospitals, insurance, family drama (his parents blame me for his health issues). He will never recover and he is declining. It is like being married to a 41-year-old Alzheimer’s patient. He does not remember me, our long marriage, or our kids. I’m trying to place him in a nursing home, but there are waiting lists. About a year ago, I met a man who was genuine and kind. As the friendship grew, he began helping with my kids, even helping my husband by playing music and visiting with him. My boyfriend knows I am committed to giving my husband the care he deserves and respects that this is a package deal. that this is a package dealはthatの後に完全な文がきていて変な感じがするのですが、どのような役割のthatでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• よろしくお願いします

I am 42 years old, and I have always been an optimist, I like to be happy, and strive to focus on the positives. I have a very stressful full-time job. My husband of 24 years has always been of the most negative people I know. Perhaps his negativity was easier for me to deal with before, but one of my brothers recently died after a short, and horrible illness, and my mom is slowly slipping away due to dementia. My husband of 24 years has always been of the most negative people I know. の和訳を教えてください。ofはどのような役割でしょうか?あと、slipping awayの意味も教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• pass him off

My husband and I have a professional acquaintance I’ve never really liked—he gives me the creeps—but tolerated for our business’ sake. Whenever he calls I am polite and quickly pass him off to my husband. pass him off to my husbandはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• in the months leading up

My husband and I socialize with another couple that we met at a meetup about a year and a half ago. Six months ago, the husband invited mine on a guys’ hiking weekend. In the six months leading up to it, it was discussed often and always as a guys-only weekend. On the car ride there, my husband found out that some men were bringing their wives. I am furious at the couple for lying to me. I wouldn’t have wanted to go, and I wouldn’t have been upset that my husband was going, but I do think it’s a huge lie considering we talked about it no less than 10 times in the months leading up. In the six months leading up to itは「ハイキングまでの6ヶ月の間に」でしょうか?あと、最後のin the months leading upの意味も教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• トルコ語教えて下さい

メルハバ! トルコ語に興味があります。 簡単な自己紹介を教えて下さい。 My name is ○○ (私の名前は○○です。) I live in Tokyo.(私は東京に住んでいます。) My family members are my husband and my daughter and I. (私の家族は夫と娘と私です。) I like eating and traveling. (私は食べることと旅行が好きです。) 以上です。 私はトルコ語が読めないのでカタカナを付けて頂けるとありがたいです。よろしくお願いします。

• acknowledge

I have been with my husband for five years. I have a daughter from a previous marriage who is now 10 and a 4-year-old daughter with my husband. Every year, his parents and other extended family acknowledge my younger daughter’s birthday. ここでのacknowledgeはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• よろしくお願いします

When my fiancé and I first started dating, he confessed that he had slept with his female cousin when he was younger. (He is now 27.) I found it odd but assumed that they were teenagers when it happened. My boyfriend is now my fiancé. I recently found out that he and his cousin slept together as recently as 2007 after which they both got married. I also found out that they had an ongoing sexual relationship, not just a onetime thing. The problem is that we see this cousin fairly regularly. She always calls on him for help—particularly when she and her husband are fighting. I’m having a hard time getting over his past so that I can be comfortable with this cousin. Also, the cousin’s husband has no idea that the two of them hooked up during periods when he and the cousin were broken up. Now I am an unwitting participant in the keeping of this secret. calls on himはvisits himと同意でしょうか?あと、an unwitting participant in the keeping of this secretの意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• fellowshipには色々意味があるようですが

I can’t forgive my husband. We moved our family recently so he could take a very prestigious and exciting fellowship. https://www.thecut.com/2015/06/ask-polly-how-can-i-forgive-my-husband.html ここでのfellowshipはどのような意味にとればいいでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• raw from our grief

I am unexpectedly pregnant with my second child, and I have no idea how to tell my stepchildren, my family, my friends, or even my husband about my pregnancy. My husband and I lost our first child, an infant, in a horrible accident this past March. We’re still raw from our grief and haven’t even discussed if or when we’d have another child. raw from our griefはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします