• ベストアンサー

The problem of the hull b

The problem of the hull being sucked back downwards into the mud was overcome by using 12 hydraulic jacks. こちらも以前質問させて頂いたものと同じです。 backとdownwardsですが、同じような意味に思えますが どちらか一つではだめだったのでしょうか。 訳も気になっています。泥の中の下方へ、となるのでしょうか、、、 お返事お願いします。

• 英語
  • 回答数3
  • ありがとう数2

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • koncha108
  • ベストアンサー率49% (1312/2665)
回答No.2

back は、ここでは元に戻すように、でしょう。downwardsは下方に。 全文を読んでいないので、この文からだけの解釈ですが、船体を引き上げようとしても、泥に呑み込まれて下方(downwards)に戻されてしまう(back)と言う状況を言っていると思います。

その他の回答 (2)

• SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.3

#1です。補足です。  #2さんの解釈がいいと思います。

• SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.1

1。backとdownwardsですが、同じような意味に思えますがどちらか一つではだめだったのでしょうか。  これは「相対方向情報」と「絶対方向情報」をそれぞれ示しており、同じではないと思います。  ですから船体に「対しては後方へ」と、全体としては地球の中心部の方へ、すなわち「下の方へ」と2種の情報が重なっています。 2。泥の中の下方へ、となるのでしょうか、、、  「船体の後ろの方に降ろされて」すなわち船首が下がっているのではなく、船尾が下がった形で、泥の中に沈んでいる、ということでしょう。

関連するQ&A

• Raising the Mary Rose

readingの解説をお願いします。 The Mary Rose came to rest on the seabed, lying on her starboard (right) side at an angle of approximately 60 degrees. The hull (the body of the ship) acted as a trap for the sand and mud carried by Solent currents. As a result, the starboard side filled rapidly, leaving the exposed port (left) side to be eroded by marine organisms and mechanical degration. Because of the way the ship sank, nearly all of the starboard half survived intact. (1)翻訳をお願いします。特に一文目、came to rest on the seabedと二文目a trap、三文目mechanical degradationが上手く訳せません。 (2)最後のintactですが、なぜここに形容詞が入るのか分かりません。 The problem of the hull being sucked back downwards into the mud was overcome by using 12 hydraulic jacks. (3)back downwardsこれらは副詞が続いているんですか。訳も一緒にお願いします。 宜しくお願いします。

• 英文を日本語訳して下さい。

Rain, fog and mud was a lesser problem for the Germans, who had to carry supplies forward over a much narrower beaten zone and were being forced back onto undamaged ground. German bombardments on the few roads between the original front line and the line established by October, increased the difficulties of the Fourth and Sixth armies and during October the size and ambition of attacks was reduced progressively to local operations. The soldiers of the British, French and German armies endured miserable conditions, in which the Germans were able to keep going in the knowledge that the onset of winter would end the Somme offensive, despite the many extra casualties caused by illness.

• 英文の訳が分かりません

英文の訳が分かりません The thing that he was about to do was to open a diary. this was not illegal (nothing was illegal, since there were no longer any laws ), but if detected it was reasonably certain that it would be punished by death, or at least by twenty-five years in a forced-labour camp. Winston fitted a nib into the penholder and sucked it to get the grease off. The pen was an archaic instrument, seldom used even for signatures, and he had procured one,furtively and with some difficulty, simply because of a feeling that the beautiful creamy paper deserved to be written on with a real nib instead of being scratched with an ink-pencil. Actually he was not used to writing by hand. Apart from very short notes, it was usual to dictate everything into the speak-write, which was of course impossible for his present purpose. He dipped the pen into the ink and then faltered for just a second. A tremor had gone through his bowels. To mark the paper was the decisive act. In small clumsy letters he wrote April 4th, 1984 この英文を全訳してもらえるとありがたいです

• The Ozma Problem の現状は?

自然界における対称性の話で有名な"The Ozma Problem" (手の届かない異星の宇宙人に我々の使っている左右を伝えられるかという話)は 現状ではどーなっているのでしょうか. パリティの非保存の話,相手が反宇宙の場合の話なども考慮して,現状での結論が整理できていないので,ポイントだけでもお教えいただけると幸いです.

• 英文翻訳をお願いします。

Latvian Riflemen were the advance guard in the attack, their main task being to capture the first German lines and clear the way for the main force following on behind them. Wearing white winter camouflage uniform and using the cover of a heavy snowstorm the Latvians cut passages through the German barbed wire barriers. After this was accomplished the main forces of the two Latvian Rifle Brigades stormed forward into the breaches in the wire using the tactic of surprise, without any artillery support to give the German garrison forces advanced warning of the operation.

• guilted into doing this

I am a woman in my mid-60s. I was sexually abused by an older brother from the ages of about 8 to 11, although it may have occurred when I was much younger, also. I've pushed it to the back of my mind all these years; never told anyone except my gynecologist and a therapist a while ago. Despite this, I was able to maintain a reasonable relationship with this brother. Now he is quite sick and my two younger brothers expect me to join them in taking care of him. Quite simply, I resent being guilted into doing this. guilted into doing thisの意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• 英文を日本語訳して下さい。

On the northern flank two infantry companies, engineers and pioneers were placed to establish the defensive flank on the left. The divisional artillery and an army field brigade with 54 × 18-pdr field guns and 18 × 4.5-inch howitzers provided fire support, with three field batteries from the 62nd Division further north, to place a protective barrage along the northern flank. The darkness, fog and mud were as bad as on the south bank but the German defence was far less effective. The creeping barrage moved at 100 yards (91 m) in four minutes, slower than the rate on the south bank and the Germans in a small number of strong-points were quickly overcome. The objective was reached by 6:40 a.m. and the defensive flank established, a final German strong-point being captured at 10:50 a.m. No German counter-attack was made until next day, which was stopped by artillery-fire.

• Translat Please

hi thanks for the reply... i saw a video here that uses ubuntu http://www.youtube.com/user/h****a i think you can send your reply in japanese language/text and i will translate it thru google... i was being worried if i tried installing it to a 2-4 gb flash drive, and the flash drive might have a problem by using it as a boot device thank you... i'm really interested on the tools of falcon

• What‘s the trouble?とproblem?

しょうもない質問ですみません。 二つの単語とも問題、悩み、やっかいと言う意味で 私は理解してますが、 意味はほぼ同じなんでしょうか?? お願いします。     

• The problem is there to.

ダウンロードの問題に関する説明で、以下のような文章がでてきました just downloaded the file and the problem is there to この文章の文法構造も意味も分かりません。 the problem is there to. 詳しく教えてください。 よろしくお願いします。