• ベストアンサー

hard pass

I recently asked a friend out after she’d broken up with her boyfriend. It was a hard pass on her part: no gray areas, definitely not going to happen. hard passとはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• corta
  • お礼率76% (4129/5365)
  • 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • koncha108
  • ベストアンサー率49% (1312/2665)
回答No.1

passは道のり、球技のパス、トランプでパスするなどいくつか考えられますが、ここでは直前に、「最近私は、彼氏と別れた後の友達をデートに誘った」とあるので、Itはそのこと。ここではおそらく球技のパスのような意味で、「それは彼女の側からすれば困難な投げかけ」。ちなみにask a friend out は、実際には「付き合ってくれ」と言う意味でしょう。 「最近私は、彼氏と別れた後の友達に付き合ってくれと言った。それは彼女の側からすれば困難な投げかけだった:迷うような要素はなく、明らかに実現しない。」

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

関連するQ&A

• 英語 2人の登場人物

二人の女の子についての英作文をかくとき AとBがいるとします。二人とも主語はSheになりますよね そのときたとえば、She asked her. としてもいいのですか? どっちもshe や herを使うので混乱しませんか? 長い文章でもA asked Bというふうに書くべきなんでしょうか? 回答おねがいします。

• Minus the boyfriend

Fast forward, I recently moved to a different state, where another close friend of hers (who she’s known a lot longer) also lives, so she flew out to visit. Minus the boyfriend, I hoped this might feel more like old times. https://www.thecut.com/2016/09/ask-polly-am-i-too-intense-to-have-close-friends.html Minus the boyfriendとはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• よろしくお願いします

Around two years ago, after I had broken up with my girlfriend, I started going by myself to a live music venue. I started running into a woman I used to know. (Years ago, I had been interested in her, but she had a boyfriend, and I dropped it.) I dropped it.とはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• stole her identity

My cousin is a sociopath. He recently dated a friend of mine, stole her identity, and then dumped her. stole her identityとはどういうことでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• parse

(相談投稿) Hi Carolyn: My friend's boyfriend passed away last week and the funeral is tomorrow. My friend told her roommate that she didn't want her friends going to the funeral if they were going just for her, and I'm torn on whether to go. Although I liked her boyfriend and considered him a friend, my connection to him was through her and I would mostly go to support her. I want to respect her wishes, but I'm also worried that not going is the wrong thing, and that she will look back and be upset I wasn't there. The service is being held six hours away from me, so I've got to figure it out today. -- To Go or Not to Go Maybe it's just me, but I find "her wishes" almost impossible to parse. parseは「理解する」くらいで良いでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• home service referral

Our friends asked us for a home service referral recently. https://www.arcamax.com/healthandspirit/lifeadvice/carolynhax/s-2210789-p2 home service referralとは何でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• spotlight hog

I have a longtime friend, since high school. We’re in our 60s. A group of seven of us from high school get together several times a month. This friend is generous and kind. She hosts or coordinates most of the events. However, she is pretty unyielding when others make suggestions about activities and doesn’t participate. The group frequently communicates in group texts and on Facebook. Whenever there’s a group conversation or a one-on-one conversation, she always brings the conversation around to her. Recently, we were chatting with a friend in the hospital following surgery. The spotlight hog interjected about how her Christmas decorations looked and, as an afterthought, asked the hospitalized friend how she’s doing. The spotlight hog interjecteはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• grow absent

I had my daughter about six months ago. In my circle of friends I’m the only to have a baby, so needless to say she gets a lot of attention. One friend in particular seems to be a little obsessed with her, and it kind of freaks me and my husband out. She’s constantly buying things for her, referring to herself as her godmother (she’s not, my sister is, and she knows it). She asks for pictures of her throughout the day to help get her through work, and mentions that while she’s looking for a new job she would never relocate because she wants to be near my daughter. And recently when she comes over, she asks if she can wear her in my baby carrier so people will think she’s her child! I appreciate that she is so supportive of us, and I know most people find their childless friends grow absent once they have a baby, but this is just a little over the top. grow absentはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• よろしくお願いします

A friend of our family lost her husband a few years ago. He had very little in terms of life insurance, and she’s been living on Social Security and Medicaid ever since. She told us recently that she used her credit card to pay for funeral expenses and hasn’t been able to pay more than the minimal amount each month. Her debt is now several thousand dollars, and she’s scared that she will be put in jail if she doesn’t pay it off soon. I don’t think that will happen as long as she pays something every month—but I’m not sure. She has thought about going bankrupt, but that would ruin her credit rating which she thinks would mean being evicted from her apartment. Can they? And how can we help her? We can’t really afford to pay it off for her; thinking maybe just a lump sum to pay it down somewhat? thinking maybe just a lump sum to pay it down somewhat?の意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• よろしくお願いします

My friend is going through a rough patch. Some of her friends have tossed her aside. She's having problems at work and then trying to juggle things with a new guy. ここでのtossed her asideとjuggle things with a new guyはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします