How to Deal with a Boss Who Can't Handle Honest Feedback

このQ&Aのポイント
  • Learn how to navigate a difficult situation when your boss gets defensive about feedback.
  • Discover strategies to communicate effectively with a boss who struggles to handle suggestions.
  • Find ways to maintain your professional integrity while working with a boss who may not be open to feedback.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

よろしくお願いします

About a year ago I started a new job. The pay is fair, benefits are phenomenal, and the pace is just my speed. The problem is that my boss has a tendency to ask our team for “honest” feedback, then lashes out at us when we do. Sometimes she’s shot down my input, then a few days later repeated what I said and passed it off as her own idea. I’ve tried offering my feedback more gently, declining to offer input at all, and saying, “I’ll defer to you,” but that just seemed to upset her, because she had no cues on how to approach the problem. It also frustrated me, because I thrive when I’m able to think critically and offer suggestions. I know she’s the boss and I’m not. I’m not trying to undermine or steamroll her. she had no cues on how to approach the problemとsteamroll herの訳を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• corta
  • お礼率76% (4123/5358)
  • 英語
  • 回答数3
  • ありがとう数3

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.2

#1です。補足です。 >>cueはclueと意味も綴りも似ているのですね  おっしゃる通りです。cue は元々芝居のセリフをいつ言うかという合図なので、直訳は難しいですね。

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

その他の回答 (2)

• Nakay702
  • ベストアンサー率80% (9728/12101)
回答No.3

>she had no cues on how to approach the problem ⇒「(私の言葉で彼女が狼狽したのは)彼女がその問題にアプローチする手がかりを持っていなかった(からでした)」。 >steamroll her ⇒「(私は彼女の邪魔をしようとか)反対を押し切って進もう(としているわけではありません)」。 *steamroll=steamroller「反対を押し切って進む、反対者を制圧する」。

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

• SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.1

1。she had no cues on how to approach the problem の訳を教えてください。  彼女はこの問題にどう接近するか鍵がない > 彼女は、この問題にどう取り組めばいいかの手がかりさえも持っていない。 2。steamroll herの訳を教えてください。  steamroll は、原意は、こういうもの (steamroller) で推し進めるということで、https://www.google.com/search?q=steamroller&client=firefox-b-1&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjIl8q3sfTaAhWq6YMKHQoXCHsQsAQIdA&biw=1920&bih=875  ここでは、下記のように「彼女を押しつぶして強引に推し進める」という意味です。 https://eow.alc.co.jp/search?q=steamroll

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます。cueはclueと意味も綴りも似ているのですね

関連するQ&A

• unable toとcan't

My ex-wife, who still badgers me for money, resents everything about my current life and constantly reminds me that I’m really a worthless jerk inside, and I’m unable to dismiss her because I think she’s right. I’m unable toのところはI can'tも使えるのでしょうか?違いはあるでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 和訳をよろしくお願いします

I’ve been publishing my writing for some time now, and lately my words have caught the attention of a writing/editing mentor (15 years my senior) who is very interested in my “story” and wants to help me write a book. Small problem: I had a yearlong affair with her husband, and I’m afraid she’s going to figure me out. Is it possible to entertain her interest without outing myself? 最後のセンテンスの和訳をよろしくお願いします

• よろしくお願いします

My mother is in her mid-60s and I think she still looks pretty great for her age. However, I’m beginning to suspect that she doesn’t know how to properly deal with her aging skin. It’s the only explanation I can think of for why she’s begun adding more and more dramatic makeup over the past several years. She applies a thick line of black eyeliner under her eyes, well below where most women apply it. She also pastes on thick foundation and uses very dark lipstick. All of this makeup does nothing for her and I think she looks quite beautiful without it. My husband has noticed how heavy her makeup is as well. I would love to buy her a makeover so that maybe an experienced makeup artist could show her how to apply a softer look that works with her skin. But she’s extremely sensitive and I can’t think of a single way to tell her she needs to dial back the makeup without hurting her feelings. Is there a delicate way I can offer to buy her a makeover? buy her a makeoverとdial back the makeupの意味をおしえてください。よろしくお願いします

• grow absent

I had my daughter about six months ago. In my circle of friends I’m the only to have a baby, so needless to say she gets a lot of attention. One friend in particular seems to be a little obsessed with her, and it kind of freaks me and my husband out. She’s constantly buying things for her, referring to herself as her godmother (she’s not, my sister is, and she knows it). She asks for pictures of her throughout the day to help get her through work, and mentions that while she’s looking for a new job she would never relocate because she wants to be near my daughter. And recently when she comes over, she asks if she can wear her in my baby carrier so people will think she’s her child! I appreciate that she is so supportive of us, and I know most people find their childless friends grow absent once they have a baby, but this is just a little over the top. grow absentはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• aとherの違い

"she'll have a chance."と"She'll have her chance."の違いは何でしょうか? I have a problem.や I('ve)got a problem.なども"a"を使うのと、 I have my problem.やwe got our problem.では"a"と"my"や"our"はどのように違うのでしょう。 よろしくお願いします。

• purgeの意味

I could really, really use some advice. I don't know how to fix this problem and I'm seriously starting to fear for my health. The problem is, I don't even know if this is an actual problem or if I just have no self-control. Basically, I cannot stop eating. Even when I'm full, even when I've been sure my stomach is about to explode from how much food I've eaten. I have also struggled on and off with purging my food since my junior year of high school (I'm a freshman in college now). I never saw anyone for the purging because a) I just didn't have access to help and b) because it was so on and off that I just didn't think of it as something anyone would see as a serious problem. But now I am having a really serious problem with binging. ここでのpurgeはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• direct

My best friend lost her fiancé to brain cancer a month ago. He was 28, she’s 27. They had been together eight years and had planned to marry and have kids. We’re all grieving. However, I’m at a loss of how to help or where to direct my friend. direct my friendはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• よろしくお願いします

I’m 16 years-old and work at a well-known grocery store in the area. Recently, I started noticing that my elderly neighbor shops at my store. On several occasions, I have caught her switching UPS codes on the produce. I know she’s on a fixed budget and is just trying to save money, but if I don’t report her I could lose my job and I need it because I am saving money for college and a new car. My neighbor has always been extremely sweet to me so it breaks my heart that I may have to bust her. Our store just installed new security cameras so I could get in trouble if I see her committing a crime and don’t turn her in. switching UPS codes on the produceとbust(逮捕する、ではないですよね?)はどのような意味でしょうか?あと、turn her inはhttps://eow.alc.co.jp/search?q=turn%20inの【句他動】の4か5どちらにとれば良いでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• start in

"Dear Prudie, I am a married woman in my early 40s with young children whose longtime, local job in New England is being transitioned to the corporate office in the Midwest. My husband works for the same company and has a job offer there and we’ve decided to relocate. The company is compensating us generously. The issue is that my mother, who’s in her late 60s, is having a very difficult time accepting our decision. She insists that I stay, even though she knows it would put my family at financial risk since I would no longer have a job. She is giving me guilt trips laden with mentions of emotional abandonment, threats that she’d “rather not be alive” if I go, and accusations of putting greed before family. We have asked her to move with us, and she refuses. We have told her we can bring her out for weeks at a time to stay with us, which she also refuses because she said she won’t drive such long distances and doesn’t like to fly. I understand her sadness, but I’m becoming angry and resentful that she thinks it is a viable answer to put my family in financial peril for her. Please help. —Leaving on a Jet Plane? Dear Jet, Though I don’t buy her claims of emotional abandonment, I do buy that you are being emotionally blackmailed. Your mother is insinuating she’ll kill herself if you follow the absolutely necessary path of transferring to headquarters. I believe that’s an empty threat, but if she keeps this up, she’ll only make your move easier by causing you to want to flee her harangues. You don’t say that your mother is infirm, so while she may not be up to driving herself such long distances, there’s no excuse for her to say she’ll refuse to get on a plane for a relatively short hop. But flying to see you wouldn’t even be necessary if she’d agree to take you up on your offer of moving to the Midwest. Presumably, she’s a lifelong New Englander with a web of family and friends, so she may not want to start over. But that’s her decision, and it means spending time with you and the grandchildren will require travel. Tell her you’re going, her options have been explained to her, and you are going to refuse to listen to more weeping and wailing. If she starts in, hang up the phone or leave—until you leave for good. " ここでのstarts inはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• Am I to be

I'm a professional woman with a wonderful husband-to-be and lots of close, amazing friends. To say the least, my twin and I do not have a good relationship. Am I to be subjected to her unkind behavior on such a happy day because it is the "proper" thing to do? Am I to be のところはWill I beということでしょうか?その場合、何かニュアンスの違いはあるのでしょうか?よろしくお願いします